PDA

View Full Version : Will Bynum ejected after punching Tyler Hansbrough in the midsection (VIDEO)

spreadeagle
02-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Hansbrough had this one coming for a while
Early in the fourth quarter of the Pacersí second consecutive blowout win over the Pistons on Saturday, Will Bynum was caught on a screen from Tyler Hansbrough.

Bynum either didnít appreciate the contact, or the fact that Hansbrough continued to illegally move once the contact was made, and gave him a little shot to the midsection.

The referee was on top of it, and immediately called Bynum for the flagrant-two foul, resulting in an automatic ejection.

The frustration is somewhat understandable, considering how inferior the Pistons are to the Pacers right now, and that they were down 20 in the fourth quarter after losing by 32 in Indiana just the night before. And, Hansbrough isnít known to be the cleanest of players out there, so itís possible that over the course of these two games, Bynum had gotten tangled up with him multiple times, and this was just the final straw.

Bynum said it wasnít intentional afterward, via Brendan Savage of MLive.com:

ďIt wasnít (done) intentionally but it kind of happened through the course of the game,Ē Bynum said in the empty Pistons locker room. ďThe game was kind of physical. It was during the heat of the moment.

ďIt was nothing intentional, though.Ē

Thatíll obviously be up to the league to decide, but you canít punch guys, no matter the circumstances. Itís more than possible that Bynum will be suspended a game for his actions.

video- http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/24/will-bynum-ejected-after-punching-tyler-hansbrough-in-the-midsection-video/

Slug3
02-24-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of people that want to do that to him.

Minimal
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Its payback time, Tyler

Rego247
02-24-2013, 07:12 PM
He deserves it, punk *** *****.

ACanadian
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Good **** that ***

--23--
02-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Well done Will Bynum :clap:

UPRock
02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Tyler is dirty as ****.

Rndy
02-24-2013, 07:22 PM
He does his job well pissing people off. Foster would be proud of him.

Tmath
02-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Probably deserved it.

C-Wick925
02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Needed B.Wallace to hit him in the face... but Bynum will do for now

Showtime Steve
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM
He didn't even hit him that hard to be falling! But my money is on will Bynum in that one! I was happy when Gerald Henderson bloodied that fool in college! Metta world peace style!

Hawkeye15
02-24-2013, 08:09 PM
yet J. Jack walks right up to Stiemsma, and throws an elbow into his chest today, and get a flagrant, then continues to rape the Wolves as usual.

JNoel
02-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Still don't forgive him for whacking Wade, but no one deserves a cheap shot like that.

NBA_Starter
02-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Hansflopper has a way of getting under people's skin. I bet he instigated the whole thing.

LAcowBOMBER
02-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Funny how people are hating on Hansbrough in this thread. Guess what? He did his job. Bynum got ejeced from the game and will probably be suspended for a game or two.

Punching an unsuspecting player is always a punk move. A punch getting thrown in some type of altercation I can understand, but Bynum is apparently taking notes from the other Bynum.

Rndy
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I think everyone should have a player like Tyler on their team. I miss having Kurt Thomas being our enforcer. He was mean but he was a great role player.

PacersForLife
02-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Funny how people are hating on Hansbrough in this thread. Guess what? He did his job. Bynum got ejeced from the game and will probably be suspended for a game or two.

Punching an unsuspecting player is always a punk move. A punch getting thrown in some type of altercation I can understand, but Bynum is apparently taking notes from the other Bynum.
Yeah, from what I saw Tyler didn't do anything to offend any of Pistons in this game. Tyler just simply set a pick on Bynum and Bynum hits him. Unless he said something to him, I don't know why he did it. Everybody says Tyler is a punk, but what is Bynum after doing this?

MaloDaw9
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Hansflopper has a way of getting under people's skin. I bet he instigated the whole thing.

Hansflopper is kinda funny.. not bad kid, not bad at all

Deception
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah, from what I saw Tyler didn't do anything to offend any of Pistons in this game. Tyler just simply set a pick on Bynum and Bynum hits him. Unless he said something to him, I don't know why he did it. Everybody says Tyler is a punk, but what is Bynum after doing this?

He pushed Kratsov in the back and then I think Will was pissed over it and if you think Tyler isn't a punk, you're nuts. This is coming from the guy who has done ridiculously ****** teams to players (D-Wade, Valanciunas, etc.)

Hawkeye15
02-24-2013, 09:34 PM
I hate Tyler. He reminds me of that bug eyed dude that you played against in high school who was sweating profusely after layup #1 in warmups, high fiving everything in site, and would yell, "ball ball ball ball ball ball", or "dead dead dead dead" when guarding you, and at any moment might injure someone from being a complete captain insano.

CubsBullsBucs
02-24-2013, 09:40 PM
anyone else realize this was Indiana @ Detroit...

PacersForLife
02-24-2013, 09:42 PM
He pushed Kratsov in the back and then I think Will was pissed over it and if you think Tyler isn't a punk, you're nuts. This is coming from the guy who has done ridiculously ****** teams to players (D-Wade, Valanciunas, etc.)

I'm not saying that didn't happen, but I must have missed it. I honestly don't think Hansbrough is a punk. He's not my favorite player either. He just plays a physical game and it annoys opponents and their fans. I get why people don't like him.

spreadeagle
02-24-2013, 09:46 PM
first thing I thought of lol #maliceatthepalace

spreadeagle
02-24-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not saying that didn't happen, but I must have missed it. I honestly don't think Hansbrough is a punk. He's not my favorite player either. He just plays a physical game and it annoys opponents and their fans. I get why people don't like him.

hes easily the dirtiest player in the game today...would I want him on my team, probably

Redskins10
02-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Pacers/Pistons fight at the Palace? I've seen this story before.

BirdIsTheWord
02-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Should have hit him back. Weak.

kdspurman
02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
yet J. Jack walks right up to Stiemsma, and throws an elbow into his chest today, and get a flagrant, then continues to rape the Wolves as usual.

Yea I was kinda shocked Jack stayed in the game after that...

I think it's hilarious Bynum said it was nothing intentional.

LionsFan..LOL
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing. It's not a Pistons/Pacers game without a little chippy play and/or fighting.

Duncan = Donkey
02-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Getting your *** beat by 20, so you cheap shot someone, lol.

JNoel
02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
I hate Tyler. He reminds me of that bug eyed dude that you played against in high school who was sweating profusely after layup #1 in warmups, high fiving everything in site, and would yell, "ball ball ball ball ball ball", or "dead dead dead dead" when guarding you, and at any moment might injure someone from being a complete captain insano.

LOL. Pretty epic post.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2013, 10:58 PM
LOL. Pretty epic post.

you played against him too then....

JNoel
02-24-2013, 11:02 PM
you played against him too then....

Yeah, it's pretty awful going against someone like you described. You just want to give 'em a good knock to the face, but have to control yourself at the same time :laugh2:

NYtilIdie
02-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Good, Hansbrough's a b**ch.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah, it's pretty awful going against someone like you described. You just want to give 'em a good knock to the face, but have to control yourself at the same time :laugh2:

its terrible. And you know its coming. The good thing is you can sell him on the most simple fake, and he dives into the stands trying to deflect a pass that you never threw, dripping his man-sweat on the fans in the first row.

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2013, 11:09 PM
good. Hansbrough is a ****ing **** sucker

pacersfan1967
02-24-2013, 11:21 PM
But this time no punches was thrown from a pacer pisteon just got mad because they got there butts kicked & was humilated to & by a total of 60 points in two games..How many people was at the game 1,000

ManRam
02-24-2013, 11:23 PM
It was a decent punch. Hanbrough went down like a soccer player though!

kubernetes
02-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Tyler may be a punk, but this was some weak payback. A wimpy punch? If you're going to get ejected, at least rape the guy in the paint or something.

lakerboy
02-25-2013, 12:26 AM
Pacers - Pistons again? LOL

SugeKnight
02-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Pistons with 50 points in 40 minutes lol

BKLYNpigeon
02-25-2013, 01:01 AM
if youre going to punch someone in the NBA, make it count at least.

DaBear
02-25-2013, 01:18 AM
He should have hit him in the face instead. That image of a bloody faced Hansbrough in college is memorable.

JPHX
02-25-2013, 01:28 AM
These two teams will never get along.

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Hansborough is a *****.. **** him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9gnyosh_w

Vinny642
02-25-2013, 02:41 AM
I pick Hansbrough in a fight

MonroeFAN
02-25-2013, 04:17 AM
Tyler is a douchebag frat guy that most likely didn't get laid.

good move Bynum. You're a much better player either way. I love how when he got in his face, Will couldn't contain his laughter.

colinskik
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
No, he's not. Players voted that Reggie Evans was the dirtiest player. Remember ? I'm convinced at this point most of the league doesn't like him because he's a smart white guy who stands his ground. The players who let him get under their skin are the ones who look silly ... and there are quite a few of them.

DaBUU
02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
F yeah Will Bynum!! One of my new favorite players!

DaBUU
02-25-2013, 12:10 PM
No, he's not. Players voted that Reggie Evans was the dirtiest player. Remember ? I'm convinced at this point most of the league doesn't like him because he's a smart white guy who stands his ground. The players who let him get under their skin are the ones who look silly ... and there are quite a few of them.

He's a flailing '**** out there. I can definitely see why players hate him, he has no skill, just goes out there flailing around.

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Lol. Have you missed all the videos where he does do dirty plays?

enjoy one of the recent ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xg6epjY0Icc

DaBUU
02-25-2013, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JieHmC9DH8

This is hilarious, we hate him in Chicago.

gwrighter
02-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Hansbrough is a hack. He doesn't even make plays on the ball 50% of the time because he's too busy going for cheap shots. He's such a piece of ****.

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM

LMAO without any farther questions? ... further

Pacerlive
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Lol. Have you missed all the videos where he does do dirty plays?

enjoy one of the recent ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xg6epjY0Icc

I love how people consider that a dirty play but putting two hands on a player and driving him out of postion is suppose to be OK. If someone did that to me I would gladly put my hand in their arm pit and send them on their way to the floor. The raps player rolls on the floor like he just fractured his wrist and yet comes back into the game. So is that acting for a grammy or what?

Point is he doesn't fall if he isn't fouling Hans in the first place and the same with the Bynum play. IF you can't run through a screen then thats on you.

haggis
02-25-2013, 12:48 PM

A corn

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I love how people consider that a dirty play but putting two hands on a player and driving him out of postion is suppose to be OK. If someone did that to me I would gladly put my hand in their arm pit and send them on their way to the floor. The raps player rolls on the floor like he just fractured his wrist and yet comes back into the game. So is that acting for a grammy or what?

Point is he doesn't fall if he isn't fouling Hans in the first place and the same with the Bynum play. IF you can't run through a screen then thats on you.

I'm sorry. There is so much wrong here.

You know they call fouls right. If a person puts two hands on your back and pushes you out, most likely you will get a call for a lose ball foul.

Might I also suggest that if you think his play was OK, and that you would gladly do the same, you should join an MMA gym. Really, that's the only place where take downs are acceptable.

:facepalm:

kenzo400
02-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Misleading tittle. For a second, I thought you meant he pushed him into the midsection of the seating area lol Now that would have been entertaining.

TyrionLannister
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Hansbrough is the new Bill Laimbeer.

Byronicle
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM

not a lot of force coming from a swing like that when you make a hit laterally.

and you know what? hansborough suspected it, you can't say he was unsuspecting this

what's worst then bynum hitting hansborough? how about hansborough throwing a player down who just came back from injury? he threw him with the intent to injure. its quite obviously that Valanciunas has an injured right hand since he's wearing a wrap. so when you throw down someone, that someone is going to try and break their fall correct? its only natural. how exactly do you break a fall? with your hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6epjY0Icc

Byronicle
02-25-2013, 03:06 PM

lol so much wrong in this post

and clearly if you played sports, you must not have much heart. i've played rugby games with fractured hands, dislocated shoulders and basketball with my nose getting broken but i keep on playing

i don't see jonas valanciunas as acting. i just see a lot of heart and competitive fire

Byronicle
02-25-2013, 03:08 PM
I think everyone should have a player like Tyler on their team. I miss having Kurt Thomas being our enforcer. He was mean but he was a great role player.

its one thing to be an enforcer. nothing wrong with being tough and physical, and always battling for rebounds

its when players make dirty move and have intentions to injure is what i have a problem with

JiffyMix88
02-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Where's the video of Melo slapping Hawes in the back of the head and looking like a scared little girl once Hawes got in his face.

colinskik
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
If the throw on Valancuinas is your main argument, I'm not buying. Yes, it's not a legal play but I see far worse in the league on a weekly basis. I'm still convinced 99% of the league (and fans) doesnt llike him because he's a white guy with an attitude who doesn't play the game like everyone else. If this guy is on your team you love what he brings.

Again, players like Bynum who get agitated by Hans are the ones who lose in reality.

Byronicle
02-25-2013, 03:17 PM
If the throw on Valancuinas is your main argument, I'm not buying. Yes, it's not a legal play but I see far worse in the league on a weekly basis. I'm still convinced 99% of the league (and fans) doesnt llike him because he's a white guy with an attitude who doesn't play the game like everyone else. If this guy is on your team you love what he brings.

Again, players like Bynum who get agitated by Hans are the ones who lose in reality.

clearly bynum loses. people are arguing saying Hansborough deserved it. i agree, hansborough deserved it, he's a dirty player.

im surprised Bynum didn't Johnny Cage punch him in the nutsack

PacersForLife
02-25-2013, 04:00 PM
It's hilarious how much some of you people hate Hansbrough. I love it. That play with Valanciunas gets way overblown. Valanciunas even said there was no foul on that play. It just looked a lot worse because the guy was already injured. If it was that bad he wouldn't have been able to keep playing. Heck, Valanciunas plays a physical game as well and annoys me, but I'm not on here saying I hate him and what not. I would like to see some real evidence of Hansbrough really trying to hurt somebody. The fact is, he plays a physical game and it gets under people's skin.

CavsYanksDuke
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM

His job is dirty, then.

Pacerlive
02-25-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry. There is so much wrong here.

You know they call fouls right. If a person puts two hands on your back and pushes you out, most likely you will get a call for a lose ball foul.

Might I also suggest that if you think his play was OK, and that you would gladly do the same, you should join an MMA gym. Really, that's the only place where take downs are acceptable.

Wow some pathetic logic going on here.

So obviously the refs called a foul on Hans? Wait no they didn't? LOL.

Well I guess it wasn't a foul then so why are you complaining like a girl.

If someone is pushing you out of position then I am fine with using their momentum against them. Its why pulling the chair out from under a guy works in the NBA. IF he's backing you down then you step away and let him fall.

Now if you want to put on your big boy pants and say both were fouls then I would agree with you. Vals was fouling Hans and Hans fouled your player.

Saying somebody is dirty implies intent and Hans has never shown an intent to hurt anyone.

He can be reckless at times especially on blocks but he doesn't try to hurt anyone.

Pacerlive
02-25-2013, 05:05 PM
lol so much wrong in this post

and clearly if you played sports, you must not have much heart. i've played rugby games with fractured hands, dislocated shoulders and basketball with my nose getting broken but i keep on playing

i don't see jonas valanciunas as acting. i just see a lot of heart and competitive fire

Yes I have never seen a European act in any major sport before..

Well done on proving your point. :clap:

But of course no one in the NBA dramatizes a foul.. Absoulely NO ONE especially europeans.:D

MonroeFAN
02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Hansbrough is the new Bill Laimbeer.

aside from the fact that one was good at basketball, and the other is a giant douche bag.

Borough
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Tyler is a punk!

72 Wins
02-25-2013, 06:32 PM
fck Hansbrough. Dude is a goon.

Byronicle
02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes I have never seen a European act in any major sport before..

Well done on proving your point. :clap:

But of course no one in the NBA dramatizes a foul.. Absoulely NO ONE especially europeans.:D

well there goes your credibility.

you know pulling out the stereotype card does mean you're smart. actually it makes you look dumb and if we are going to look at Euros, I guess guys like Pekovic and Marc Gasol are floppers too correct?

if you knew anything about jonas valanciunas, he does not flop

tyler hansborough is clearly flopping from getting hit by Bynum. never seen a guy almost fall to his knees when practically love tap, just to get back up and pull a fake front

well done on being a hypocrite and being borderline racist. well done

rocket
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I don't mind Hansbrough. Hes a player I would love to have on my team.

I Rock Shaqs
02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
People are mad because he's white and he isn't a quiet and he gets up in your face, he's also a dirty player. If he was black people would just call him a thug or a gangster and he shouldn't be in the NBA.

I don't care what color he is I still hate him.

aztr0
02-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Won't be the last time for Tyler. He's a dirty player.

Pacerlive
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
well there goes your credibility.

you know pulling out the stereotype card does mean you're smart. actually it makes you look dumb and if we are going to look at Euros, I guess guys like Pekovic and Marc Gasol are floppers too correct?

if you knew anything about jonas valanciunas, he does not flop

tyler hansborough is clearly flopping from getting hit by Bynum. never seen a guy almost fall to his knees when practically love tap, just to get back up and pull a fake front

well done on being a hypocrite and being borderline racist. well done

Racist? So I look dumb but you don't even know the definition of racist? The word you want to use is ethnocentric Btw.

Personally I don't think he flopped but you would think Tyler shot him from the complete homer reactions you guys are having. Val was fouling Hans and he did a get the hell off me move using Val's own momentum. If it was my teams player I would want a foul but you guys pissed your pants about it and want a suspension. Lol, sorry that's being a puss in my book. Hans gets fouled hard for playing hard which goes for all players who go above and beyond to make opposing teams suffer for playing against him. Val does it, Blake does it, and Hans does it so get over it.

It's apart of the Nba which is why they don't call fouls every single time it happens right in front of the refs faces.