:facepalm:

:laugh:

^

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
^

Sactown
02-23-2013, 07:01 PM
When you talk about bang for your buck he's probably right. You could definitely acquire a lot of talent for 30 Mill a year.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
"If you look at their payroll, even if Dwight [Howard] comes back, you've got to ask the question: Should they amnesty Kobe?" Cuban told 103.3 FM in Dallas. "You just don't know, right? It's the same reason I wouldn't get rid of Dirk [Nowitzki]. I'll take a hit for a season rather than get rid of Dirk. I've made that commitment to him over the years and he's returned that commitment.

even admits that he understands why they would never do it. Just a suggestion, from an owner who pays the bills view. The Lakers are not looking like contenders with this roster, and Kobe costs a ton of money. That being said, I would love to see if the old Dwight returns next season before they just blow up the team.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-23-2013, 07:06 PM
When you talk about bang for your buck he's probably right. You could definitely acquire a lot of talent for 30 Mill a year.

Kobe is doing just fine as stats go. Kobe Makes the Lakers organization tons of money. Amnesting Kobe would be stupid as hell.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Kobe is doing just fine as stats go. Kobe Makes the Lakers organization tons of money. Amnesting Kobe would be stupid as hell.

And you didn't counter anything I just said did you? Kobe is the highest paid NBA player, but he doesn't produce the most in the NBA does he? 30 Mill is a TON for one player. Him and Pau kill the Lakers financial flexibility.

He also talks about why they won't do it

Purple_n_Gold
02-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Cuban should worry about his own dire situation not ours.

Purple_n_Gold
02-23-2013, 07:22 PM
He made good decisions in using "amnesty" to destroy his whole championship team. What a middle finger to mavs fans.

LAKERMANIA
02-23-2013, 07:24 PM
You're probably right, but the Lakers organization and its fans are hell bent to seeing Kobe retire on his own terms while still wearing a Lakers jersey.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 07:26 PM
He made good decisions in using "amnesty" to destroy his whole championship team. What a middle finger to mavs fans.

He amnestied Brendan Haywood.. I don't think that destroyed their championship run.. He decided to let Chandler/Barea walk because he didn't think they could repeat and they thought they had a serious chance at Dwight and D-will. Dwight *****ed out and waived his ETO and D-Will didn't want to go to Dallas and pray Dwight comes.

So yeah.. amnesty had nothing to do with Dallas not winning another championship

lakers4sho
02-23-2013, 07:37 PM
amnestying kobe does not help the lakers in any way

nice try. actually no not really.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-23-2013, 07:38 PM
And you didn't counter anything I just said did you? Kobe is the highest paid NBA player, but he doesn't produce the most in the NBA does he? 30 Mill is a TON for one player. Him and Pau kill the Lakers financial flexibility.

He also talks about why they won't do it

When you win the most titles out of all active players you're entitled to be payed that much. He deserves every penny he's getting.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
When you win the most titles out of all active players you're entitled to be payed that much. He deserves every penny he's getting.

And that's why Mark Cuban said he understands why they wouldn't do it, even if it does delay the process of winning another championship.

Purple_n_Gold
02-23-2013, 07:47 PM
He amnestied Brendan Haywood.. I don't think that destroyed their championship run.. He decided to let Chandler/Barea walk because he didn't think they could repeat and they thought they had a serious chance at Dwight and D-will. Dwight *****ed out and waived his ETO and D-Will didn't want to go to Dallas and pray Dwight comes.

So yeah.. amnesty had nothing to do with Dallas not winning another championship
Hence the word amnesty in quotation. You know when a word is in quotations like that it is not to be meant literally. No, well hey you learn something new everyday.

Purple_n_Gold
02-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks for trying to "school" me though on what being amnestied is. See how I just put school in quotations? Now you get it.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Hence the word amnesty in quotation. You know when a word is in quotations like that it is not to be meant literally. No, well hey you learn something new everyday.

Thank you for being nit picky for something I didn't notice, and I understand stand the sarcastic measure putting quotation marks around something can do, but still none of that validates your argument..

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Even if he was amnistied the Lakers would still be over the tax. He only has one year left as does everyone else. Going for it one more time wont hurt anyone.

Kevj77
02-23-2013, 08:15 PM
It's almost tampering. Mavs are under the cap you know he would put in a waiver claim on Kobe if he was amnestied to try and pair him with Dirk.

PatriotsGirl
02-23-2013, 08:56 PM
amnestying kobe does not help the lakers in any way

nice try. actually no not really.

Exactly my sentiments!

DumDum
02-24-2013, 03:26 AM
that marky cuban is on to a 30 million dollar idea

ztilzer31
02-24-2013, 04:42 AM

Why didn't you guys give Horry 30 million then when he was on your team?

I love Laker fan logic. Remember just because it makes sense when you say it in your head doesn't mean it makes sense in the real world, where your worth as a player is determined by team championships.

I have a question. Remove Kobe from the Lakers. What place are they in the west right now? I'd put money on the same position.

bholly
02-24-2013, 05:16 AM

Not when you're amnestying him (so you aren't getting anything back) and would still be $15m over the cap. Then you get no talent.

DumDum
02-24-2013, 05:18 AM

I love Laker fan logic. Remember just because it makes sense when you say it in your head doesn't mean it makes sense in the real world, where your worth as a player is determined by team championships.

I have a question. Remove Kobe from the Lakers. What place are they in the west right now? I'd put money on the same position.
+1

Avenged
02-24-2013, 05:25 AM

This makes no sense. You are essentially comparing Horry's talents to Kobe's.

Yeah Horry has a lot of ships but he has them all as a role player.

kblo247
02-24-2013, 07:57 AM
If he was amnestied, Cuban would bid over 20mil on him in the auction with his cap space because of his basketball talent and the fact he is a global draw, the biggest draw the league had since Michael and highest drawing Laker ever as of back in 05-06. He'd take the swimming pools of money that come with Kobe. Even Buss once joked about a down year for Kobe by himself drew the team 89mil alone just. Kobe can pay the tax bill by himself

Jesse2272
02-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Mark Cuban should fire his hair transplant MD

beasted86
02-24-2013, 11:25 AM

WRONG! (In my best Lex Luther voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI))

Maybe loyalty and his history with the Lakers affords him to be the highest paid player in the NBA.... but it should not afford him to be make $8M more per year than the 2nd highest paid player in the whole NBA.

Kobe is plain overpaid at $30M. No other team in the entire NBA would pay Kobe that much, and even to the Lakers franchise he's not worth $30M.

Hellcrooner
02-24-2013, 11:49 AM
You're probably right, but the Lakers organization and its fans are hell bent to seeing Kobe retire on his own terms while still wearing a Lakers jersey.

too bad that if dwight walks kobe will either ask for a trade, or wait th eyear and sign for a contender.

Greedy22
02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
WRONG! (In my best Lex Luther voice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI))

Maybe loyalty and his history with the Lakers affords him to be the highest paid player in the NBA.... but it should not afford him to be make $8M more per year than the 2nd highest paid player in the whole NBA.

Kobe is plain overpaid at $30M. No other team in the entire NBA would pay Kobe that much, and even to the Lakers franchise he's not worth $30M.

He brings in triple that amount in a year for them.

lakerboy
02-24-2013, 12:27 PM
On ticket sales alone, Lakers more than make up that $30M. Jerry Buss once said, Kobe's (and probably Lebron's too) economic value is around $60M.

RLundi
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
He's right, but they'd never do it.

LAKERMANIA
02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
too bad that if dwight walks kobe will either ask for a trade, or wait th eyear and sign for a contender.
No he won't.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-24-2013, 02:32 PM
I agree with him. They're way over the cap now and have a team that's below .500 and not even in the playoffs. It would be the best for the organization :shrug:

superior
02-24-2013, 02:49 PM
The laker have millions on top of millions on top of millions.....Kobe is worth 30 million a year, maybe not skill wise anymore, but how much money he brings to LA.....Lastly, Kobe isn't getting amnestied anytime soon, you don't amnesty a player who helped bring you 5 championships since 2000.

Jenceman
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
I agree with him. They're way over the cap now and have a team that's below .500 and not even in the playoffs. It would be the best for the organization :shrug:

No, no it wouldn't even be close to the best thing for the organization. It would make the team one of the worst in the league while not even giving them the cap room to make a difference.

Please for the love of god people, think before posting. Especially if you're a mod.

Sactown
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
No, no it wouldn't even be close to the best thing for the organization. It would make the team one of the worst in the league while not even giving them the cap room to make a difference.

Please for the love of god people, think before posting. Especially if you're a mod.
Well actually if they traded Pau away, and amnestied Kobe, they could offer Dwight the max and whoever else they want to offer the max to as well..

bootleg42
02-24-2013, 04:13 PM

He brings in triple that amount in a year for them.

This is true. He is a big draw. He practically pays for himself and then some. He will be going no where. You don't cut your biggest draw, win or no wins. Owners think differently than fans. Owners will sacrifice wins if it means big bucks. Fan will sacrifice stars if it means wins and titles.

Therefore, Kobe will be going nowhere.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2013, 04:19 PM
We all know the Lakers aren't suffering financially from his salary, the opposite is actually true. Cuban is speaking strictly as a basketball/team financial move in regard to the cap, and building a team. In that sense it makes sense to amnesty the largest salary in the NBA. But he also said he understands why they wouldn't do it at the same time.

lakers4sho
02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
We all know the Lakers aren't suffering financially from his salary, the opposite is actually true. Cuban is speaking strictly as a basketball/team financial move in regard to the cap, and building a team. In that sense it makes sense to amnesty the largest salary in the NBA. But he also said he understands why they wouldn't do it at the same time.

What part of they would still be way over the cap and he only has 1 year left don't you (and Cuban?) get?

seikou8
02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
:laugh2:what he got to say now as kobe just shitted all over his team

whitemamba33
02-24-2013, 04:32 PM
38 12 and 7.

I imagine that Cuban feels something like how Spike Lee felt after he set fire to Reggie Miller in the mid 90's.

Sit down and shut up.

Zefflin
02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
haha cuban is awesome, kobe just **** on his statement

The goods
02-24-2013, 04:34 PM
I see why he said it, he's tired of Kobe and the Lakers getting in his *** year in and year out. Lol

Jenceman
02-24-2013, 04:43 PM
I wonder how Cuban feels about it now?

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Kobe not worth 30 million lol he's worth that and then some! 40-7-4 on Friday 38-12-7 today on efficient shooting!!

Asik's better
02-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Wow, all he said was the Lakers should consider it. Then he said he knows why it would never happen. The comments arnt bad or inappropriate as the lakers said. The only bad thing about this story is the NBA considered fining Cuban for his comments.

whitemamba33
02-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Wow, all he said was the Lakers should consider it. Then he said he knows why it would never happen. The comments arnt bad or inappropriate as the lakers said. The only bad thing about this story is the NBA considered fining Cuban for his comments.

He really should focus on his own team and not try and tell the Lakers what they should be considering. That's not his job and it's really none of his business. They are one of the greatest franchises in all of sports, not a one hit wonder like Dallas.

You don't make comments like that without raising a few eyebrows, and fueling the fire of one of the greatest in the game.

kdspurman
02-24-2013, 06:06 PM
:laugh2:

@kobebryant
Amnesty THAT

https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/305797901974646784

justinnum1
02-24-2013, 06:12 PM
lol!

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Kobe with the most epic comeback on twitter ever maybe most epic ever by a sports athlete!
@kobebryant: Amnesty THAT

heyman321
02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
He really should focus on his own team and not try and tell the Lakers what they should be considering. That's not his job and it's really none of his business. They are one of the greatest franchises in all of sports, not a one hit wonder like Dallas.

You don't make comments like that without raising a few eyebrows, and fueling the fire of one of the greatest in the game.

He didn't come out and just say it, he was answering a radio host's question.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
What part of they would still be way over the cap and he only has 1 year left don't you (and Cuban?) get?

I understand that, when did I say it would get them under?

hidalgo
02-24-2013, 06:44 PM
well well well, the heroic comeback playoff push i predicted when everyone said they'd miss the playoffs is here. super teams never miss the playoffs, it's literally impossible. they NEVER lose anymore, let alone go on a losing streak to whipe themselves out. lamest most predictable hero comeback of all times ("everyone counted us out, but we got all the heart!! derrrr! cliche)

Matrix3132
02-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Of course they should amnesty him, how is this even a debate, you can practically sign 2 max guys for that kind of money

2 max players > 1 max player past his prime

justinnum1
02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Of course they should amnesty him, how is this even a debate, you can practically sign 2 max guys for that kind of money

2 max players > 1 max player past his prime

Except you can't. Anyone that understands the CBA would know that.

mdm692
02-24-2013, 06:55 PM
You guys should take a look at Cubans twitter feed. Lakers fan showing their class again :facepalm:.

hidalgo
02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
it annoys the hell out of me that teams refuse to beat them anymore. grow a pair & give them a 5-6 game losing streak & they're done. but no, these sissy teams can't ever step up & get rid of these turds. 100% lock they're in the playoffs, watch the rockets or jazz or warriors self destruct for no reason, while magically the Lakers become unbeatable (basketball Gods at work). and the Lakers 2nd to last game is a freebie win vs the Spurs because the starters won't play

heyman321
02-24-2013, 07:03 PM
You guys should take a look at Cubans twitter feed. Lakers fan showing their class again :facepalm:.

Half of those tweets are from users here. Truly a disgrace.

bluefire7002
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
it annoys the hell out of me that teams refuse to beat them anymore. grow a pair & give them a 5-6 game losing streak & they're done. but no, these sissy teams can't ever step up & get rid of these turds. 100% lock they're in the playoffs, watch the rockets or jazz or warriors self destruct for no reason, while magically the Lakers become unbeatable (basketball Gods at work). and the Lakers 2nd to last game is a freebie win vs the Spurs because the starters won't play

:laugh2: tells us how you really feel.

Lake_Show2416
02-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Coming from the owner who dismantled a championship team & let Tyson Chandler walk

Fans pay to see stars, thats wut carry's the league, no1 wants to pay to see Earl Clark & Chris Kaman, they pay to see Kobe, Dirk, CP3 & Lebron

Without a star player the team generates hardly any money & with China, Kobe is the NBA's biggest cash cow

fresh prince
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM

20 fans don't make up the entire laker fan base. Every team has dumb ***** that like them. If 3 midgets kick your *** you can't go around calling all midgets tough guys.

sunsfan88
02-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Half of those tweets are from users here. Truly a disgrace.

Can you explain your sig? It seems funny, I wanna know why.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-24-2013, 08:32 PM

You act like only laker fans are that way every fan base has jerks

mdm692
02-24-2013, 11:39 PM
You act like only laker fans are that way every fan base has jerks

Every fan base does have their jerks but there is a reason why the Lakers fans have the reputation they do. Let's not act blind here on that one.

20 fans don't make up the entire laker fan base. Every team has dumb ***** that like them. If 3 midgets kick your *** you can't go around calling all midgets tough guys.
It was actually a lot more than 20. The midget reference is irrelevant by the way.

DumDum
02-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Lakers should amnesty Kobe

Derek Brink
02-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Every fan base does have their jerks but there is a reason why the Lakers fans have the reputation they do. Let's not act blind here on that one.

It was actually a lot more than 20. The midget reference is irrelevant by the way.

give me a break all these teams have awful fans. The difference is the Lakers are ten times more popular so therefore have ten times more fans. Plus since they've won so much they have 10 times as many casual or fans because they are cool fans.

DumDum
02-25-2013, 06:47 AM
give me a break all these teams have awful fans. The difference is the Lakers are ten times more popular so therefore have ten times more fans. Plus since they've won so much they have 10 times as many casual or fans because they are cool fans.

Boston has cool fans (compared to laker fans ) and they won a lot more (knowing my Lakers history 5 championships were won in Minneapolis and we have no right to claim those championships)

Derek Brink
02-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Boston has cool fans (compared to laker fans ) and they won a lot more (knowing my Lakers history 5 championships were won in Minneapolis and we have no right to claim those championships)

yeah I love when people state an opinion and decide that everyone should have that same opinion. Teams move, they don't get their history voided every time they do.

Btw Kobe and Lakers haters are just as bad as extreme Laker nuthuggers.

Your opinion stopped meaning anything when you agreed that Kobe is a far bigger ballhog and far worse teammate than Allen Iverson ever was.

Badluck33
02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Whats wrong with Mark Cubans statement???

Its his opinion and it sounds like it would be strictly a business decision...

And Cuban maybe one of the best business men in our current sports era.

JiffyMix88
02-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Marc Cuban > Kobe Bryant

jchase3
02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
"Amnesty THAT"

Sly Guy
02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
dude's been the most consistent piece on the roster this year. Although the title of this thread is twisting Cuban's words a bit.

xRipCity
02-25-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm 100% sure Cuban didn't even mean this when he said it, he likes to throw out hypothetical things and try to get inside people's heads.

Cuban is my favorite owner in all of sports. The guy truly went from rags to riches, and couldn't give two sh*ts about what anyone thinks of him. The fact that Kobe even tweeted at Cuban means Cuban won... because that means that Cuban was actually in Kobe's head during the game. Amazing, that a simple tweet could affect a star like Kobe

fresh prince
02-25-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm 100% sure Cuban didn't even mean this when he said it, he likes to throw out hypothetical things and try to get inside people's heads.

Cuban is my favorite owner in all of sports. The guy truly went from rags to riches, and couldn't give two sh*ts about what anyone thinks of him. The fact that Kobe even tweeted at Cuban means Cuban won... because that means that Cuban was actually in Kobe's head during the game. Amazing, that a simple tweet could affect a star like Kobe

Hahahaha yea Cuban was so far in Kobe's head.... That he torched the Mavs and dealt them a crushing home loss. But you are right the MAvs lost... fell even further below.500 and even further out of the playoff picture..

But Cuban won.....

fresh prince
02-25-2013, 03:41 PM

This is fascinating to me.. Have you met every Boston fan? Have you met every Laker fan?? To be able to judge an entire fan base?

True story.. We were in Boston FOR GAME 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals ( the game was in LA).

After the LAkers won we went outside TD garden to take a couple pics in front of the stadium which was on the way back to our hotel.. We almost got into 8 brawls. The next day wore Lakers gear to the Red Sox vs. Doyers game and people were cool as can be.

Moral of the story is fans are fans and people are people..Fans act mostly off emotion.. You can't paint people with such a broad brush.

xRipCity
02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Hahahaha yea Cuban was so far in Kobe's head.... That he torched the Mavs and dealt them a crushing home loss. But you are right the MAvs lost... fell even further below.500 and even further out of the playoff picture..

But Cuban won.....

I'm not a Dallas fan... but you appear to be a butthurt Lakers fan.
Good luck on that ring that was promised this year. Good luck on even making the playoffs (beating Dallas means nothing). LA is officially Clipper-town now.

fresh prince
02-25-2013, 04:08 PM
i'm not a dallas fan... But you appear to be a butthurt lakers fan.
Good luck on that ring that was promised this year. Good luck on even making the playoffs (beating dallas means nothing). La is officially clipper-town now.

I agree. Well my butt feels fine. But everything else you said is spot on.. LA is definitely a Clipper Town now.

My girl just ordered a lob city T shirt today and soon the Clippers will have a statue in front of Staples. Im guessing it will be Danny Manning.

whitemamba33
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM

lol Cuban won?

That's funny.

Did Spike Lee "win" when he pissed off Reggie Miller and Reggie turned his game around and torched the Knicks at the Garden? New York newspapers didn't seem to think so.