joshhorvath
02-23-2013, 01:02 PM
7th- Celtics- 29-27 (27games Remain)
8th- Bucks- 26-28 (28 Games Remain)........... 0GB
--------------------------
9th- Raptors- 23-33 (26 games remain)............ 4GB
10th- 76ers- 22-32 (28 games remain)........ 4GB
11th- Pistons- 22-36 (24 Games Remain)........ 6GB

Who do you think gets Last Playoff Spot And Why?

Games to Watch Tonight:

Toronto vs Washington

Detriot vs Atlanta

Utah vs Boston

Results From Last Night:

Portland 92 vs Boston 86

New York 99 vs Philly 93

*This will be updated on a Daily Basis

Gators123
02-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Bucks.

ManRam
02-23-2013, 01:08 PM
I think the Bucks hold on. A healthy Bynum could make it interesting, but I think JJ is really gonna help Milwaukee's offense. Anything that takes minutes away from Monta can't hurt.

I Rock Shaqs
02-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Man just if the raptors has gotten Rudy Gay earlier on in the season they could have been the 7th seed already.

Minimal
02-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I like the way Toronto plays after aquiring Rudy Gay, they might challenge Bucks.

justinnum1
02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
This should be called the race to get swept in the first round.

OceanSpray
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM

Lmao, this is so true. I don't think the ninth seed wants to compete for it.

Sly Guy
02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Lol, don't care if my guys get swept in the 1st round. It's been a long time since toronto saw playoff basketball, and the young guys need to earn their stripes. If the bucks, pistons or sixers don't want to compete for that, then I'd be happy to take it from them

joshhorvath
02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Lol change the name to.. "Who Will Want To Get Swept by Miami In The First Round?"

kdspurman
02-23-2013, 01:35 PM
I think the Raptors if they somehow made it could steal a game from Miami. 2 at most... Bucks would probably win a game. Sixers without Bynum would not be pretty and same for a young Pistons team.

From a fans perspective looking for a competitive matchup, I'd hope the Raptors made it, but they might have too much ground to make up at this point

ombada
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Im going to go along with the group and say the Raptors make a late season push. They have the best roster of the teams listed. The Bucks have a pretty sizable lead so they might be able to hold out.

siix
02-23-2013, 02:01 PM
the way the raptors have been playing since acquiring rudy gay if they keep this up they will make it.

Goalie31
02-23-2013, 02:04 PM
I think the Raptors would give the Heat the toughest test. They have played them well, it would be great to see the Raps back in the playoffs, but they might be just a game to far behind.

Cal827
02-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm thinking the Bucks hold on, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Toronto takes the spot instead. Their ending schedule isn't extremely tough, with lots of games against bottom dwellers.

Sly Guy
02-23-2013, 02:10 PM
haha, I don't think the raps can test miami. Playoff basketball will shut down our offense very quickly. We haven't had the time to gel, despite the 'talent' we've got on our roster, we're getting by right now on talent and not necessarily team play. Miami will expose us. But I'd still rather be 8th than 9th for the experience alone.

heyman321
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
I think the Raptors if they somehow made it could steal a game from Miami. 2 at most... Bucks would probably win a game. Sixers without Bynum would not be pretty and same for a young Pistons team.

From a fans perspective looking for a competitive matchup, I'd hope the Raptors made it, but they might have too much ground to make up at this point

Nah man, Miami would sweep any eighth seed.

mike_noodles
02-23-2013, 02:29 PM
After the 4-19 start, I was the first one to say its impossible for the Raps to make it. But they're 19-14 since, and 7-3 since "the trade". 4.5 games out isn't much and can easily be made up. I think the Raps have the best shot to catch Milwaukee.

kdspurman
02-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Nah man, Miami would sweep any eighth seed.

I don't doubt that, but thought the Raps could probably get a game at home.

Nick O
02-23-2013, 02:34 PM
i voted raps as a homer pick but i think we come up just short to the bucks.. our start was just too horrible :/

Dade County
02-23-2013, 02:39 PM
I see Toronto & the 76ers making it, into the playoffs.

Bynum will come back, and the raptors are playing to good not to make it.

Cal827
02-23-2013, 02:43 PM
lol, I'm hoping that if the Raptors make it, they are higher than 8th (as in Boston/Atlanta tailspin a little). The Raptors are 4-1 vs the Knicks and Pacers this season :D, beating Indiana twice in Indiana. The only loss came on a George Hill buzzer beater in the opening game lol

phantasyyy
02-23-2013, 02:50 PM
imagine if our the refs made the call on three of our games, we'd be right there...

sixer04fan
02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
It's not so much a "race" to 8th... It's more like a very slow paced walk against our teams' wills.

Nick O
02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
imagine if our the refs made the call on three of our games, we'd be right there...

imagine if we didnt blow all those 4th Q leads too :(

BHF
02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
imagine if we didnt blow all those 4th Q leads too :(

thank you Calderon for all the bad 3rd quarters and blowing all the 4th quarter leads with your amazing defense mr floor general

brodawgs
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Read what I'm about to say very carefully.

I think the Bucks would give the Heat the best series than any of the other teams in contention for the 8th spot. In no way do I think the Bucks would take more than 2 games, but since last year the Bucks are 3-1 vs the Heat. Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I know it's not the same thing as the series, I know that lately this Heat team is playing like one of the best teams of all time and are capable of doing that in the playoffs, but don't discredit the Bucks. This team, although doesn't look like much on paper, plays to the ability of the opponent, unless that opponent has two physically large big men, which we normally get our ***** kicked. Obviously the Heat don't have two prominent big men, so I think the Bucks could keep up with them.

Bob_at_york
02-23-2013, 03:04 PM
wow lots of people voting raptors. that would be awesome but pretty tough to do.

jsumadchat
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM

hahaha so true though. im PRAYING to not face miami in the playoffs.

Tmath
02-23-2013, 03:15 PM
The Raptors don't really benefit from making the playoffs this season. As a fan I would love to see it, but they are better off just missing it, forfeit their draft pick to OKC in a weak draft so they have options to trade picks to improve the roster in the offseason.

OceanSpray
02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
The only team giving Miami trouble from that list is the Milwaulkee Bucks.

beasted86
02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
The Bucks are 2-8 in their last 10 games..... and guess what... they are STILL 5 games ahead of the Raptors and 4 ahead of the Sixers. The Bucks have the 10th best defense... the Raptors don't. Philly has the 11th best defense, but unfortunately the 29th best offense.

Don't see the Bucks letting go of the lead completely. Even if they finish half a game ahead of the Raptors or Sixers, it will probably happen. They are up 3-0 in the season series against Philly and will own any tie breaker, and are up 1-0 against Toronto with 2 more games to go against them.

Nick O
02-23-2013, 03:31 PM
i dont care if we get swept by miami in the first round... i just want to make the playoffs.. plus im pretty sure we keep our draft pick if we do dont we?

Goalie31
02-23-2013, 03:33 PM
i dont care if we get swept by miami in the first round... i just want to make the playoffs.. plus im pretty sure we keep our draft pick if we do dont we?

If the Raptors make it, they ,keep their pick. To be real it is better for the Raps not to make to playoffs and give up their pick in a pretty bad draft. Not only would it be a bad draft, but it would most likely not be a great pick. That being said, if the Raps can make the playoffs I'd love it.

Nick O
02-23-2013, 03:47 PM
If the Raptors make it, they ,keep their pick. To be real it is better for the Raps not to make to playoffs and give up their pick in a pretty bad draft. Not only would it be a bad draft, but it would most likely not be a great pick. That being said, if the Raps can make the playoffs I'd love it.

meh id rather keep the pick and make the playoffs... you never know how a player will turn out and id kill to watch the raps in some playoff basketball.. id be one happy guy to see us in the playoffs

Borough
02-23-2013, 03:56 PM
the one thing that worries me about the Raps is that its too little too late.

DallasTrilla23
02-23-2013, 04:01 PM
I think the Raptors might catch the bucks. If bargniani goes back to playing like he did last year, I think they have a great chance to make the playoffs

Guppyfighter
02-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Read what I'm about to say very carefully.

I think the Bucks would give the Heat the best series than any of the other teams in contention for the 8th spot. In no way do I think the Bucks would take more than 2 games, but since last year the Bucks are 3-1 vs the Heat. Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I know it's not the same thing as the series, I know that lately this Heat team is playing like one of the best teams of all time and are capable of doing that in the playoffs, but don't discredit the Bucks. This team, although doesn't look like much on paper, plays to the ability of the opponent, unless that opponent has two physically large big men, which we normally get our ***** kicked. Obviously the Heat don't have two prominent big men, so I think the Bucks could keep up with them.

Well, no, they aren't playing like that at all. It's disrespectful to say that to the all time greatest teams.

joshhorvath
02-23-2013, 04:57 PM
^ that ship has sailed a long time ago.. Bargs is garbage now in Toronto, its all about how well Lowry, Gay & Derozan do down the stretch.

DR_1
02-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Bucks, Philly and Toronto are just too far back at this point in the season, and it didn't help that Milwaukee got better at the deadline.

Guppyfighter
02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
What will really solidify the Bucks is if Monta or Jennings get injured.

Tmath
02-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Bucks, Philly and Toronto are just too far back at this point in the season, and it didn't help that Milwaukee got better at the deadline.

We don't know yet if the Bucks got better, they may look better on paper, but you never know how they will gel together. They lost a good backup PG in Udrih, whick imo was a big reason why they were winning.

The Bucks also have a much tougher schedule then the Raptors. I still expect the the Bucks to make it, but I think its going to be close.

murphturph
02-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Amazing defence the bucks have with Jennings Ellis and redick

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-23-2013, 06:11 PM
We don't know yet if the Bucks got better, they may look better on paper, but you never know how they will gel together. They lost a good backup PG in Udrih, whick imo was a big reason why they were winning.

The Bucks also have a much tougher schedule then the Raptors. I still expect the the Bucks to make it, but I think its going to be close.

udrih was playing well in the start of the year but lately was only playing enough min to get jennings or ellis a breather and that was only half the time, because boylan would just take 1 of jennings or ellis out and leave 1 at point!

im a bucks fan and i think the bucks have given the heat a little bit of trouble the last season and a half or so and i would not be suprised to see the bucks steal 2 games in the series! although i voted the raps because the bucks have looked awful as of late but we've also lost alot of close games and i think reddick will avg more than beno's 5-8ppg and that will help us a little bit! also larry sanders missed about a qtr of the last 10-12 games with injuries so getting him back will help alot also....

i think it will be close between the bucks and raptors and if the bucks turn it around they'll get it if not the raptors sneak in! but at the same time this bucks team can go on a 3-7 game win streak at any time and if they do that 1 or 2 more times this year of (4-6) games or more it will make it hard for any team to catch them!

TBH i think boston might fall out without rondo down the stretch they've got a good home record since he went down but are bad on the road!

LAKobeBryant
02-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Man just if the raptors has gotten Rudy Gay earlier on in the season they could have been the 7th seed already.

Not even that, all those games blown by the refs and losing by one possession games.

Tmath
02-23-2013, 06:25 PM
The sea of red is a thing of beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEfmGUEsRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1krShfhZQ-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5IwqOPf1gg

AntiG
02-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Toronto is on the upswing... I don't know if they can catch up, but if there is one team in this list that can catch Milwaukee, its them.

Ebbs
02-23-2013, 08:43 PM

Yea still I hope it's the raptors

joshhorvath
02-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Nothing changes in the standings last night, with all 3 teams losing respectivily. Toronto however, gains a half game on the 76ers for 9th, to sit only 0.5GB... and a half game on the Bucks to sit 4GB

BALLER R
02-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Raptors probably have the better schedule left. I think it's going to be close. Raptors will jump Philly but probably lose the 8th seed by a game or 2. Then everyone will blame the refs are taking away 3 games from us. Which probably ends up with some miracle and our pick will be in the top 3.

As far as story lines go that would be it. But realistically we shot our self in the foot with that 4-19 start and those close loses. Most important game will be the 2 games against the bucks that the Raptors gave left.

eternal slumber
02-24-2013, 10:02 AM

if the Sixers do make it and Bynum returns and plays like he did last year, i wont be so sure it would be a swept. but Heat will still win that series in a minimum of five and a max of six games.

BALLER R
02-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Raptors vs heat would be the most entertaining

leafswin2011
02-24-2013, 11:04 PM
phili loses and is now tied with the raps both teams being 4 back of MIL.MIL has it tough against dallas and houston back to back tues wed.

KnickNyKnick
02-24-2013, 11:50 PM
the nets will make their way to 8th soon

joshhorvath
02-25-2013, 01:06 AM
good night in terms of the playoff race. Philly lost to the Knicks and have actually dropped to 10th. With the Philly lose, Toronto gains, holding the tie breaker over Philly and leap frog them to jump into 9th. Yet, both teams are still 4 games back of Milwaukee for that precious 8th and final playoff spot!

koreancabbage
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
LOL @ all the Raptors fans who think we could take 1 or 2 games in a series with the Heat....

I think if we play NYK, we actually might have a chance to win LOL of any of the top 4 teams in the East if the Raps were to make it to the playoffs (if there was one team I wished the Raptors to face). NY's defense has not been there all season long and if you take away the 3's from New York, anyone could make it a winnable series against NY.

--> its only based if any of the top 4 teams are beatable in the first round, its NY. I'm not saying it will happen, but its plausible. I do not see Miami, Indiana, Chicago

thought Brooklyn would most likely lose to Chicago in the first round if Brooklyn was 4th and Chicago was 5th. too close to call b/w ATL and Brooklyn.

Guppyfighter
02-25-2013, 11:31 AM
LOL @ all the Raptors fans who think we could take 1 or 2 games in a series with the Heat....

I think if we play NYK, we actually might have a chance to win LOL of any of the top 4 teams in the East if the Raps were to make it to the playoffs (if there was one team I wished the Raptors to face). NY's defense has not been there all season long and if you take away the 3's from New York, anyone could make it a winnable series against NY.

--> its only based if any of the top 4 teams are beatable in the first round, its NY. I'm not saying it will happen, but its plausible. I do not see Miami, Indiana, Chicago

thought Brooklyn would most likely lose to Chicago in the first round if Brooklyn was 4th and Chicago was 5th. too close to call b/w ATL and Brooklyn.

You guys probably would take one game. Probably lose in five. You are more likely to win one game than be swept.

Minimal
02-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Raptors is 7-3 in last 10 games. Bucks? 2-8
Raptors should be able to sneak in in the playoffs

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
boston might choke the way they are playing right now......as for the raptors, if they don't make it to the playoffs and end up in the 9th position, they are stepping in the right direction...with the addition of rudy gay, they are sending a message in the EC

Tmath
02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
boston might choke the way they are playing right now......as for the raptors, if they don't make it to the and ended up in 9th position, they are definitely stepping in the right direction....with the addition of rudy gay, they are definitely sending a message in the EC

Naw, I think Boston are pretty much a lock for the 7th seed.

koreancabbage
02-25-2013, 12:23 PM
You guys probably would take one game. Probably lose in five. You are more likely to win one game than be swept.

na i don't see it happening. They beat us in every single position and teamwork and defense. and plus, they probably want to close out the series as fast as possible. and the way Wade has been playing, no way. Wade and Lebron are probably some of their best basketball this whole season in this stretch.

LeperMessiah
02-25-2013, 12:43 PM
It would be nice to see a playoff series involving Raptors, whether or not you're first round exists- hope is still there.

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Naw, I think Boston are pretty much a lock for the 7th seed.

w/o rondo...its gonna hurt them....

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 12:56 PM
w/o rondo...its gonna hurt them....

Didn't they just acquire Jordan Crawford?

I'm sure he will definitely help the Celts at the 1 position.

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Didn't they just acquire Jordan Crawford?

I'm sure he will definitely help the Celts at the 1 position.

he plays the 2.....barbosa is out for the season...so they gave him away to the wizards....and i heard that crawford is a nutcase......rondo is a top 5 pg in the league.....

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
he plays the 2.....barbosa is out for the season...so they gave him away to the wizards....and i heard that crawford is a nutcase......rondo is a top 5 pg in the league.....

I'm not comparing the skills of Rondo to a lowly Crawford, but he has been pretty impressive when he's got some burn. I believe per 36 he averages like 18 5 and 5.

Baller1
02-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Bucks.

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm not comparing the skills of Rondo to a lowly Crawford, but he has been pretty impressive when he's got some burn. I believe per 36 he averages like 18 5 and 5.

one of the main reason why they acquired is because he will be with them for the long run...hes only 24...only time will tell

jason17
02-25-2013, 01:47 PM
I think people are HIGHLY underrating the wizards they have when healthy a winning record and won two straight back to back games against the raptors and Nuggets and also if beat the raps are about 5-7 games away from the 8th seed and the bucs been losing !.

mjt20mik
02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
I think people are HIGHLY underrating the wizards they have when healthy a winning record and won two straight back to back games against the raptors and Nuggets and also if beat the raps are about 5-7 games away from the 8th seed and the bucs been losing !.

I have no clue what you are trying to say. They lost against the Raptors last week.

marvILLous
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM

:drunk:

koreancabbage
02-25-2013, 02:00 PM

yea.... no. you mean Houston and Denver. Raps beat them.

they have to jump over 5 teams and 9 games back. we're not highly underrating anything. that means you have to pray that all 5 teams lose as much as the Wizards equal in winning. If the Wiz was like 10th or 9th, maybe. you also have to realize that the Raptors have been beating really good teams as well: Clippers, Indiana, Denver, New York x 2 (lost to Memphis, Boston, and Miami)

and Bynum is back for Philly - they can't be worse then they are already are, with him.

I jsut think everything has to go perfect for the Wiz and everything to go wrong for 5 other TEAMS!

akesh99
02-25-2013, 02:29 PM
The Raps 2 games against the Bucks are going to be pivotal. The way both teams have been playing lately makes me think the raps can steal them. That's a 2 game swing and if we're talking about a 2.5 game gap that's very doable

JiffyMix88
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM

Thought the Bucks have been beating up on the Heat the last two years?

If so I want the Bucks to make it

ManRam
03-02-2013, 12:33 AM
So...

About this thread. Bucks pretty much got this locked up, eh?

Only chance they don't get it is if Boston does instead.

Gay's impact has leveled out. They weren't gonna keep winning games with him struggling to score so much...and there's no reason to think he'll suddenly start scoring well again.

Tkwod5
03-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Bucks unfortunately. wish it was TO :(

bigsams50
03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
If the Bucks could have gotten Josh Smith, they would have been pretty dangerous i think.