PDA

View Full Version : JJ for SMOY?

ThaDubs
02-23-2013, 04:23 AM
I know this is my homer pick and JR Smith and Jamal Crawford have been huge for their teams, but what about Jarrett? I personally think he's been the most important bench player on any team this year (at least at the PG position) and his impact on the Warriors has been awesome. He's clutch (4th in the league for points scored with 1 min. left), he's liked and the players say he's a great locker room guy, he is consistent compared to the other 2 or however candidates, and he's got a high basketball IQ.

I'm not trying to underrate Jamal and JR (I like them both, especially Jamal Crawford), but Jarrett has just been absolutely terrific off the bench for us this season and I'd love to see him get SMOY. What do you guys think?

Cal827
02-23-2013, 05:21 AM
I think Jack should be the front-runner for SMOY. He's averaging 13 points and 5 assists on 48%-42%. With Steph Curry's inconsistent ankle, he's been the most important since he can step in when Curry needs to rest.

Next to me would be JR Smith. Both him and Crawford are inefficient, but at least JR can do some other things on the court (like pass and rebound). Crawford might get the points, but that's basically it. He's not a good defender, and doesn't pass the ball enough (at least in what I see from him). On that Clipper team, I would expect the guy to be shooting near 50% and average about more APG.

mightybosstone
02-23-2013, 12:11 PM
I'd vote for Jack. Whether or not the Warriors make the playoffs, they're a significantly better basketball team than last year and Jack has been such a huge part of that. Just watching that game against the Spurs last night, you could see the kind of impact he has on that team. He can score efficiently from anywhere on the floor, he defends either guard position extremely well, run their offense with Cury on the bench without skipping a beat and he wants the ball in his hands in big moments. You couldn't ask for more from your sixth man.

sep11ie
02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Holy ****, use someone's name. JR, JJ, JC, SMOY...

ManRam
02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
I think the only bench player that gets big minutes (so sorry Manu, Javale, etc.) that has been better than Jack is Ryan Anderson, and he's not gonna win.

I think he's easily been better than JR, Kevin Martin, and those guys, and slightly better than Craw.

He'd get my theoretical vote if the season ended now.

DoMeFavors
02-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Jamal Crawford is winning it no doubt

heyman321
02-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Holy ****, use someone's name. JR, JJ, JC, SMOY...

seriously. like WTF IWWPPLTD. NECRSSYAT in your head .

oak2455
02-23-2013, 12:57 PM
JR is out IMO;)

D-Leethal
02-23-2013, 02:29 PM
This gets tossed around alot but Jack might be THE most underrated player in the NBA. He deserves it over JR thats for sure.

OceanSpray
02-23-2013, 03:16 PM
It's Kevin Martin for me. Jamal and JR are too inconsistent, but Jamal is probably going to win based off name and hype.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Can't be Jarrett Jack, he's not on a good enough team to win it. I think it's between Kmart and JC