PDA

View Full Version : Bogut out indefinitely...again

spreadeagle
02-22-2013, 11:49 PM
I think he may be done as an elite level C,I know its just back spasms, but it seems just one injury after another. Too bad, he seemed to really put it all together a few years ago and was playing up to his potential

Andrew Bogut will miss the Warriors’ game on Friday against the Spurs, and is out indefinitely due to suffering from back spasms, head coach Mark Jackson told reporters before tip-off.

The ‘indefinitely’ part, along with Jackson’s demeanor while delivering the news, may be cause for legitimate concern.

From Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle:

The big man, who has played only 12 games this season because of left ankle surgery, missed Thursday’s practice and had an MRI on his back Friday. Jackson said he didn’t mean to sound grim about Bogut’s condition, but the team doesn’t yet have the results from his medical tests.

Bogut has struggled to make it back from a severe ankle injury, and was just recently cleared to play in back-to-back games for the first time all season. He’s appeared in eight of his team’s last 10 games, including the last three straight. But his presence in the lineup hasn’t helped as the team had planned.

DallasTrilla23
02-22-2013, 11:58 PM
That really sucks.

I hope they stay in the 6th seed and The clips stay in the 3rd seed. I really wanna see Clippers vs. Golden State in the playoffs

Dade County
02-23-2013, 12:45 AM
This guy should just go away... it's getting ridiculous.

lol, please
02-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Dubs doing what they want with the Spurs as we speak. Might not miss him as much as expected.

Rndy
02-23-2013, 12:49 AM
What a shame man between him and Oden no wonder why the Center posiiton is dying. None of these guys can stay healthy.

spreadeagle
02-23-2013, 12:54 AM
What a shame man between him and Oden no wonder why the Center posiiton is dying. None of these guys can stay healthy.

and Bynum

Chucky Woods
02-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Wow that turned into a trade where no one wins.

salmonleg
02-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Relax. Back spasms are nothing. Indicative of weak muscles and the EXACT type of things that happens after a long injury where stabilization muscles can become weakened.

lincecum=future
02-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Wow that turned into a trade where no one wins.

Agreed but without the trade it's very likely the Warriors keep their draft pick and draft Harrison Barnes, so i think it made the Dubs a better team overall. Monta just can't be the main guy on a team.

Sly Guy
02-23-2013, 02:36 AM
agreed. Spasms are common in big folk. Takes em down for a while, but it's never all that major. He's dealt with far worse.

Duncan = Donkey
02-23-2013, 02:37 AM
:speechless: No Way.

He is such a Spud.

Monta is beast
02-23-2013, 03:13 AM
While they say it's "back spasms", I think it might be his ankle again. They lied about the surgery last off-season, wouldn't be surprised if they lied again. But who knows, either way we have three very nice expiring contracts next season in Biedrins, Jefferson, and Bogut, that total out to more than 30 million. We can get a very good Center for an expiring contract and a 1st round pick. Not to mention we have a nice young developing Center in Ezeli.

shep33
02-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Bogut should sit out this year. Come back next year 100% in training camp and gain chemistry from there on out. They look worse with him playing, and it's not because he's a bad player, it's just that everyone else on that squad had a good flow going while playing together.

Monta is beast
02-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Worst case scenario is that he can't get back to his old form or stay healthy. If that is the case though, the Warriors are still in good position. Next year between Bogut, Biedrins, and Jefferson we have $34,246,000 in expiring contracts. There are many teams that would jump all over those contracts. For example we could target Roy Hibbert, Marcin Gortat, or Emeka Okafor for just expiring contracts alone. So either way we should be alright. And this is assuming Bogut can't stay healthy.

Guppyfighter
02-23-2013, 03:57 AM
While they say it's "back spasms", I think it might be his ankle again. They lied about the surgery last off-season, wouldn't be surprised if they lied again. But who knows, either way we have three very nice expiring contracts next season in Biedrins, Jefferson, and Bogut, that total out to more than 30 million. We can get a very good Center for an expiring contract and a 1st round pick. Not to mention we have a nice young developing Center in Ezeli.

You are probably wrong on the first part.

jp611
02-23-2013, 08:21 AM

The center position is not dying at all

Look at the C's around the league now

Kuya_Clive
02-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Good thing I dropped him for Hickson earlier in the year. Sucks because he's great when healthy.

yaswaggin
02-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Good thing I dropped him for Hickson earlier in the year. Sucks because he's great when healthy.

He's a 15-10 player when healthy as a 1st option

On the warriors he'd be a 4th or even 5th option

Warriors don't need him, they should look elsewhere at center

lol, please
02-23-2013, 02:42 PM

Warriors don't need him, they should look elsewhere at center:facepalm:

Guppyfighter
02-23-2013, 04:48 PM

Warriors don't need him, they should look elsewhere at center

A prime example of why you should use advanced stats.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Worst case scenario is that he can't get back to his old form or stay healthy. If that is the case though, the Warriors are still in good position. Next year between Bogut, Biedrins, and Jefferson we have $34,246,000 in expiring contracts. There are many teams that would jump all over those contracts. For example we could target Roy Hibbert, Marcin Gortat, or Emeka Okafor for just expiring contracts alone. So either way we should be alright. And this is assuming Bogut can't stay healthy.
Indiana isn't going to give up their defensive anchor for an expiring? They're 2nd in the East, I doubt they're looking to rebuild. Phoenix is going to be under the cap significantly next year and why would they unload Gortat for an expiring when Gortat is an expiring next season?

Matrix3132
02-23-2013, 05:00 PM
When you consider the fact that the warriors are paying:

Bogut $13m
Richard Jefferson $10m
Biedrins $9m

It's amazing that they aren't one of the worst teams in the league

KnicksorBust
02-23-2013, 05:04 PM
The real shame is Bogut is EXACTLY the type of player they need to take the next step. Curry-Klay-Lee are all talented and effecient offensive players. If they had an anchor like Bogut to anchor the paint they'd be in a different stratosphere.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 05:06 PM
When you consider the fact that the warriors are paying:

Bogut $13m
Richard Jefferson $10m
Biedrins $9m

It's amazing that they aren't one of the worst teams in the league
Not really, they're at about 70 Mill
and they have 5 players on their rookie scales who are contributors.
Curry
Barnes
Clay Thompson
Draymond Green
Festus

yaswaggin
02-23-2013, 05:08 PM
A prime example of why you should use advanced stats.

Show me the advanced stats then,

I'd take Dwight,60% healthy Bynum, cousins, Lopez, hibbert, Tyson, Monroe, Noah, etc over a healthy bogut, whose only played one full season in his rookie year

Purple_n_Gold
02-23-2013, 07:27 PM
They can never catch a break. I'm a laker fan but live in the Bay Area. I don't have anything against the warriors and their fan base are as loyal as they come. Good up and coming scrappy team with a good young coach.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2013, 07:33 PM
just a bummer for GS, he is an ideal fit for what they need at center, with such a good offensive perimeter.

WARRIORS@GR
02-23-2013, 07:46 PM

Yeah you are right..top 3 centers in the league are all headcases..that's the worst C generation of all time,hands down..

ThaDubs
02-23-2013, 07:48 PM

Lol.

jp611
02-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah you are right..top 3 centers in the league are all headcases..that's the worst C generation of all time,hands down..

Wrong.

Lol.

Gasol
Noah
Lopez
Howard
Horford
Monroe
Chandler
Cousins
Hickson
Vucevic
Pekovic
Hibbert
Asik
Gortat
Sanders
Splitter
Jefferson
Jordan
McGee

Just off the top of my head

Center is not dying

Look at the SG position if you want to say a position is dying

Guppyfighter
02-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Show me the advanced stats then,

I'd take Dwight,60% healthy Bynum, cousins, Lopez, hibbert, Tyson, Monroe, Noah, etc over a healthy bogut, whose only played one full season in his rookie year

That's because you are dumb. Prime year, his healthy year. When he was on the court the Bucks were third in defensive efficiency. When he was off the court, they were 29th in defensive efficiencies. Top three center when healthy and it's not close.

lol, please
02-24-2013, 05:07 AM
That's because you are dumb. Prime year, his healthy year. When he was on the court the Bucks were third in defensive efficiency. When he was off the court, they were 29th in defensive efficiencies. Top three center when healthy and it's not close.

This.