PDA

View Full Version : LeBron back to Cleveland

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
I expect the Heat to win this year and next year.

I also expect LeBron to go back to Cleveland in 2014.

I'm not sure how Cleveland would react if he did so, but I think they would ultimately be accepting. His approval ratings/reputation would increase and I honestly think he would have a better chance of winning another title in Cleveland for the 2014 season than he would with the Heat. Kyrie already is a top 15 player, maybe even top 10, at the age of 20. By the 2014 season, he will be a top 5 player, maybe even top 3. A LeBron/Kyrie tandem would be absolutely unstoppable and could and would be one of the greatest ever.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 02:07 PM
So many hypothetical statements and assertions.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 02:09 PM
So many hypothetical statements and assertions.

That's the point of a forum. It's a discussion. I gave my viewpoint and I want to hear others.

Lol, what is the point of just posting a fact?

LongIslandIcedZ
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
A lot of people share the opinion that he is going to go back to Cleveland.

I just dont see it. After the way he left, and after everything else, I just cant see it.

But by that time, Kyrie could be a better player than Wade, and who knows who else they can draft.

That would be a hell of a team. Lebron and Kyrie.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
That's the point of a forum. It's a discussion. I gave my viewpoint and I want to hear others.

Lol, what is the point of just posting a fact?

Because you are basing this off the fact that he said he wouldn't rule Cleveland out. Not to mention that there were many threads regarding this that died down.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Because you are basing this off the fact that he said he wouldn't rule Cleveland out. Not to mention that there were many threads regarding this that died down.

I'm taking that fact and expanding on it, promoting discussion. Sorry I'm not on here enough to see these threads come and go.

waveycrockett
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM
DO YOU REALLY SEE HIM REUNITING WITH DAN GILBERT??? REALLY?? I dont

king4day
02-22-2013, 02:17 PM
I would like to see it just for something new, but I don't believe he'd be off the hook for anything. He'd be seen as someone who finds the stars to win. Now back to Cleveland to win with Irving.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm taking that fact and expanding on it, promoting discussion. Sorry I'm not on here enough to see these threads come and go.

I don't think you understand the point. It died out because there's simply nothing to discuss. Other than you trying to escalate it into something it's not. Just another pointless thread with no insight or facts.

beasted86
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
DO YOU REALLY SEE HIM REUNITING WITH DAN GILBERT??? REALLY?? I dont

This.

I don't know, I don't really worry about it as a HEAT fan, but what I don't buy into is this ideology that he would come off a championship with Miami, management would be willing to spend to keep the core intact and him not re-sign anyway. That makes the least sense possible to me. It would have to be the other way around where Miami most likely misses the Finals altogether and he thinks there is a brighter future elsewhere.

But no player has left after winning a championship with the management willing to re-sign those players. All other examples in history have had management unwilling to re-sign players ... IE: Bulls 99, Chandler in Dallas 2012, etc... Management has to be willing to break up the core.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
This.

I don't know, I don't really worry about it as a HEAT fan, but what I don't buy into is this ideology that he would come off a championship with Miami and not re-sign. That makes the least sense possible to me. It would have to be the other way around where Miami most likely misses the Finals altogether and he thinks there is a brighter future elsewhere.

I think the issue is money. If they still win, it all comes down to whether or not they want to pay for it.

rockbottom2010
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
i think he leaves in 2016....wade will be 34 by then

beasted86
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
I think the issue is money. If they still win, it all comes down to whether or not they want to pay for it.

Yeah I edited the post to make that clear. If management is willing to pay to keep the core, I don't see how they don't re-sign just coming off winning a championship.

Slug3
02-22-2013, 02:27 PM
"IF" Miami wins the next to I don't see him leaving. Even if they win one of the next 2. If Miami loses both though he might.

rockbottom2010
02-22-2013, 02:32 PM
hes wants to get 6 rings thats for sure....look at kobe...hes struggling to get his 6th.......if difficult for him leaving wade and bosh behind......unless wade wants to retired early...which i doubt......

D-Leethal
02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm sure the thought of playing with Kyrie until he retires in his hometown gives him a boner. Not really sure what I think his mindset is here though, tough to gauge.

I don't think he wants to leave MIA after the backlash he got for bolting CLE. It would make him look like a flip flopper who runs to a better situation whenever times get tough. I think he would most likely sign another deal and play in Cleveland when hes 32-33 or so to finish his career. That said, there might be some urgency because he doesn't want Kyrie to rot over there and get fed up and leave like he did, so he might not want to wait too long.

airforceones25
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Dan Gilbert doesn't deserve to have LeBron back. Pretty sure he single handily ruined that chance. Also I find it extremely humorous and pathetic that the same Cleveland fans who openly burned his jersey in front of the national eye would welcome him back in an instant. Cowards..

rockbottom2010
02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
if the cavaliers are going to draft a small forward this summer...then they should stick to wat they have.....w/ irving, waiters, zeller, and thompson around, the future is bright....

Farcelona
02-22-2013, 02:42 PM
you dont say...

yaswaggin
02-22-2013, 02:43 PM
You pair up the best player in the 1st 3 quarters and a half (lebron)

With mr. 4th quarter (kyrie)

And you get the most dominant 1-2 punch in nba history

HYFR
02-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Dan Gilbert is still the owner. He ain't going back to Cleveland. Ppl have such short memories on how exactly everything went down

yanksrock
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Ok

DoMeFavors
02-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Didnt Cleveland burn his jersey and their owner rip him? But yeah im sure he is going back there............

Guy is retiring in Miami its a spot free agents go to and he wants to keep winning chips. He wont in a place like Cleveland.

ManRam
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
You pair up the best player in the 1st 3 quarters and a half (lebron)

With mr. 4th quarter (kyrie)

And you get the most dominant 1-2 punch in nba history

If Kyrie's 44.8/29.1/84.8 shooting in the 4th makes him "Mr. 4th Quarter", what does Bron's 53.7/40.0/72.3 shooting make him?

Most dominant 1-2 punch might be a stretch at this point too...

I'd love to see him go back, and I'm sure Gilbert and Bron can get over their differences if it's something they both want to do (obviously Gilbert would forever want Bron back).

WITZ
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
This is the question that isn't going to go away until 2014 ,unless lebron comes out and says otherwise. That said if the heat win another championship from now until then it makes it a little harder for him to walk away from them.

Big Zo
02-22-2013, 03:01 PM
I think Kyrie's bolting Cleveland...

justinnum1
02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
He will go back at then end of his career. Not anytime soon tho.

DoMeFavors
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Would Gillbert even give 2 max contracts to Kyrie and LeBron or is he too cheap? Maybe he should go after Jamison again. What a loser

naps
02-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Two names: Pat Riley and Micky Arison.

Dade County
02-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I see Lbj believing in Pat...

And who's to say Miami wont have a better roster then the Cav's can have at the end of the 2014 season? Pat got this.

And Kyrie might want off the Cav's by this point.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Dan Gilbert hasn't signed one important player in his entire ownership there. He signs scrubs and has beens and expects his lottery picks to deal with it.

Kyrie and James would make a great 1-2 punch but not as great as Wade and LeBron. I think Dan Gilbert needs to get Dwight Howard into Cleveland. As crappy as that state is, Kyrie, Howard, Thompson, and Walters. Not bad.

PurpleJesus
02-22-2013, 03:31 PM

mightybosstone
02-22-2013, 03:37 PM
The way the city handled him leaving and how badly Gilbert reacted, I just don't see it happening this soon. Maybe after his next big contract when he's in his early-to-mid 30s and has 3-4 rings. Cleveland is a far more attractive destination now than it was two years ago, but I'd honestly be really shocked if he left Miami after that first contract. Miami and its fans have embraced him, he won one ring (and probably will win one more this season) there and with Bosh and Wade still playing at a high level, he has no reason to go elsewhere.

mightybosstone
02-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I think Dan Gilbert needs to get Dwight Howard into Cleveland. As crappy as that state is, Kyrie, Howard, Thompson, and Walters.
Wait a second.... Did you just refer to Cleveland as a state? Because it certainly seems like you did the way you wrote that statement.

Eagles710
02-22-2013, 03:39 PM
i think its funny how people keep saying... Irving + Bron = Greatness etc

You Realize ? Bron + Wade + Bosh already = Championship

No Reason for him to Downgrade.. PLUS! after how KOBE + NASH + PAU + DWIGHT = no playoffs i will never say teams can just work out and gel together, cause i thought they would win 70 games together lol, and we seen how that turned out

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:43 PM
I see Lbj believing in Pat...

And who's to say Miami wont have a better roster then the Cav's can have at the end of the 2014 season? Pat got this.

And Kyrie might want off the Cav's by this point.

Kyrie is still on his rookie deal. Rookie deal, plus a max contract for the resricted free agency. He will be in Cleveland for a while.

WITZ
02-22-2013, 03:57 PM

No Reason for him to Downgrade.. PLUS! after how KOBE + NASH + PAU + DWIGHT = no playoffs i will never say teams can just work out and gel together, cause i thought they would win 70 games together lol, and we seen how that turned out

True but at the same time A. Wade is only getting older and only going to lose that athleticism that makes him the special player he is, B. Who knows Chris Bosh may choose to opt out C. The luxury tax and salary cap. As a lot of people believe they are going to have to ship out 1 member of the big 3 or have to take another pay cut to keep the core together And lastly if they do keep the core together they are going to have to rely on older veteran players chasing a ring to fill out their roster and late round draft picks.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Gilbert is just another one of those fans. He'll accept LeBron with open arms. Expect an apology in 2014 from him that hits press hard

SOS
02-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Obviously cleveland will accept him back because he is the best player in the game. I see him going back because he feels like he wronged his home state and wants to redeem himself.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Obviously cleveland will accept him back because he is the best player in the game. I see him going back because he feels like he wronged his home state and wants to redeem himself.

This. He was born there. And he cares about his reputation way too much.

IKnowHoops
02-22-2013, 04:16 PM

Lebron is the best team b-ball player ever. He does everything. You take Kobe off the Lakers and put Lebron, they probably have the best record in the west. As an individual we all know Lebron is better than Kobe, but his effect on a team is Light years ahead of the effect Kobe has on one. Lebron+Kyrie+Tyreke+Cousins would yield the same results as this Heat team if not better.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
LeBron single handedly took the Cavs to a Championship when he wasn't even in his prime...

wordup45
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
RipCity, you are absolutely okay to post your opinions here. The only time opinions here suck is when there is poor grammar and pointless blabbering. OceanSpray is a hater and is starting an unnecessary fight. Anyway, I can see LBJ going back to Cleveland, he wants to be liked and doing something like that would make it seem like he's sorry for what he did a a few years ago (even though he doesn't owe CLE anything) and CLE would LOVE him back because at the end of the day he is the best player in the league. And of course he'd join Kyrie over Wade at that point because Kyrie would be, what, 22? And Wade will be 32 or 33. I think it's very possible.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Lebron is the best team b-ball player ever. He does everything. You take Kobe off the Lakers and put Lebron, they probably have the best record in the west. As an individual we all know Lebron is better than Kobe, but his effect on a team is Light years ahead of the effect Kobe has on one. Lebron+Kyrie+Tyreke+Cousins would yield the same results as this Heat team if not better.

LeBron+Kyrie+Tyreke+Cousins? You can't just throw names on there. It's not better than the current Heat team because Cousins is a huge liability. He's going to throw tantrums and affect the team as a whole. Kyrie Irving and Tyreke, how can they play together with LeBron? All three of them require the ball at all times. It's going to be tough for them to co-exist if one of them doesn't get the ball as much as they'd like. Here in Miami, everyone knows LeBron gets the ball and Wade only gets it when LeBron is trying to change things up. Bosh doesn't need the ball because he plays well without it. All in all, this Miami team is built to win. They know what it takes and the ability to convince players to mesh regardless of their role is just amazing.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
RipCity, you are absolutely okay to post your opinions here. The only time opinions here suck is when there is poor grammar and pointless blabbering. OceanSpray is a hater and is starting an unnecessary fight. Anyway, I can see LBJ going back to Cleveland, he wants to be liked and doing something like that would make it seem like he's sorry for what he did a a few years ago (even though he doesn't owe CLE anything) and CLE would LOVE him back because at the end of the day he is the best player in the league. And of course he'd join Kyrie over Wade at that point because Kyrie would be, what, 22? And Wade will be 32 or 33. I think it's very possible.

When did I say he couldn't? I just said there were many threads regarding this and it's very hypothetical.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:26 PM
LeBron+Kyrie+Tyreke+Cousins? All three of them require the ball at all times. It's going to be tough for them to co-exist if one of them doesn't get the ball as much as they'd like.

You sure about that? Didn't both Wade and Bosh have the ball at all times on their respective teams? It's about the skillsets each possesses. I'm gonna go ahead and stay away from Tyreke and Cousins cause idk how they got in here, but Tyreke can play the 1, 2, or 3, Kyrie the 1 or 2 and LeBron pretty much any position, so there is some variability in the team. In 06, Wade used to bring the ball up the court, and Bosh was one of the best power forwards in the game by 08, because of all the touches he got. Kyrie showed everyone what he can do in the three point contest. LeBron can isolate or create, or spot up, and kyrie can do the exact same. The only thing this will do is make the game easier for the both of them, even moreso than it has been with Bron and Wade

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 04:30 PM
You sure about that? Didn't both Wade and Bosh have the ball at all times on their respective teams? It's about the skillsets each possesses. I'm gonna go ahead and stay away from Tyreke cause idk how he got in here, but Tyreke can play the 1, 2, or 3. In 06, Wade used to bring the ball up the court, and Bosh was one of the best power forwards in the game by 08, because of all the touches he got. Kyrie showed everyone what he can do in the three point contest. LeBron can isolate or create, or spot up, and kyrie can do the exact same. The only thing this will do is make the game easier for the both of them, even moreso than it has been with Bron and Wade

The only thing you proved is that Kyrie and LeBron can play together. If you add in Tyreke, it's not going to work as good as LeBron and Kyrie because LeBron and Kyrie need the ball. Cousins is also a huge liability in terms of court behavior. He's going to ruin a team with that attitude, much like how Westbrook causes trouble on his team.

The difference between Bosh and Wade from Kyrie, Cousins, and Tyreke is the fact that Bosh and Wade understand their role. We have yet to see Kyrie or Cousins play with an elite player like LeBron.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Why are Tyreke and Cousins even in this discussion they had nothing to do with the posted topic

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Why are Tyreke and Cousins even in this discussion they had nothing to do with the posted topic

IKnowHoops brought it up, not me.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
The difference between Bosh and Wade from Kyrie, Cousins, and Tyreke is the fact that Bosh and Wade understand their role. We have yet to see Kyrie or Cousins play with an elite player like LeBron.

So they understood their roles right away, right? What happened their first season? Didn't they lose... Your assumptions about Kyrie and LeBron have no merit

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
And the only role Wade and Bosh have taken is to give the ball to LeBron and play off him...

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 04:38 PM
So they understood their roles right away, right? What happened their first season? Didn't they lose... Your assumptions about Kyrie and LeBron have no merit

I haven't said anything about right away. It clearly takes time. You misread everything, it's not about Kyrie+Irving, there is no doubt they can play well together. Add in Tyreke and Cousins and it's another issue.. I don't understand what you're talking about.

Wade gave his team to LeBron. He lets him make the decisions and plays off LeBron. Bosh doesn't complain and does what he's supposed to. I'm comparing them against Kyrie+Tyreke+Cousins. And what team doesn't play off LeBron? It'd be stupid if they didn't.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Ok, you are making a TON more sense now, thank you for the clarification.

Here is another element to add to this topic...

If LeBron and Kyrie teamed up.... I think they need to get rid of Waiters. Grab a shooter like Klay Thompson or an undervalued defensive guy like Jimmy Butler

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't think so. Not while Dan Gilbert is owner. That guy is a Dbag...

Wouldn't really be the greatest fit for Kyrie. Lebron is better when he controls the ball, and Kyrie is a true PG. Not saying it couldn't work, just saying it wouldn't work as well as people might think.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't think so. Not while Dan Gilbert is owner. That guy is a Dbag...

Wouldn't really be the greatest fit for Kyrie. Lebron is better when he controls the ball, and Kyrie is a true PG. Not saying it couldn't work, just saying it wouldn't work as well as people might think.

You may be right. But you can ride either one into the playoffs and most likely a championship. One will be on the floor at all times...

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Ok, you are making a TON more sense now, thank you for the clarification.

Here is another element to add to this topic...

If LeBron and Kyrie teamed up.... I think they need to get rid of Waiters. Grab a shooter like Klay Thompson or an undervalued defensive guy like Jimmy Butler

I agree and that is what makes Miami so good. Surround him with shooters and you'll think twice when doubling or tripling LeBron. The only issue is whether or not Kyrie resigns with Cleveland. He's out by 2014 and if he doesn't sign, it's over. I also don't see LeBron staying with Miami. As much as it hurts to say, Wade is going to be around 33. If LeBron wants to continue winning, he has to think hard.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
I agree and that is what makes Miami so good. Surround him with shooters and you'll think twice when doubling or tripling LeBron. The only issue is whether or not Kyrie resigns with Cleveland. He's out by 2014 and if he doesn't sign, it's over. I also don't see LeBron staying with Miami. As much as it hurts to say, Wade is going to be around 33. If LeBron wants to continue winning, he has to think hard.

Kyrie is restricted. He won't be going anywhere

WITZ
02-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Kyrie is restricted. He won't be going anywhere

Something a lot of people are over looking. People actually thinking he is leaving after his rookie contract :laugh2:

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Kyrie needs help asap.. I'd hate to see such a bright star waste his career like LeBron.

justinnum1
02-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I will laugh if he wins 3 in Miami then goes back and can't win any in Cleveland.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2013, 05:43 PM
I see him going to the Clippers. Best friends with Chris Paul and he can be part of a new BIG 3 in James, Paul, and Griffin.

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 05:43 PM
I will laugh if he wins 3 in Miami then goes back and can't win any in Cleveland.

Or can't win a fourth cause he didn't go to Cleveland...

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I see him going to the Clippers. Best friends with Chris Paul and he can be part of a new BIG 3 in James, Paul, and Griffin.

Who ISN'T best friends with Chris Paul

2-ONE-5
02-22-2013, 05:45 PM
so what your sayin is when Wade and Bosh start to decline James is gonna run to team up with another star or 2?

Arch Stanton
02-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Who ISN'T best friends with Chris Paul

Cliff Paul. He hates him. Chris Paul used to call him 4-Eyes!

Hitman 3:16
02-22-2013, 05:49 PM
There are guys in this league who ultimately are defined a certain way, known for just promoting their self-brand, or promoting their team franchise. At the end of the day, if James leaves the Heat to go back to Cleveland or another franchise, than that means he is out to ultimately promote his OWN brand.

He must retire as a member of the Miami Heat to signify a superstar that gave his allegiance to a franchise. I know he picked his brand over allegiance to a franchise by running out on Cleveland. I just hope he doesn't do the same in Miami.

At the end of the day. Representing the Franchise > Representing Your Own Brand.

Thus why I hope James remains in a Heat uniform for the rest of his career.

ClevelandSpider
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
The Heat won't be able to keep their big 3 together going forward with the new luxury tax increases, one of the 3 is out...my money is on Pat Riley not letting LeBron or Bosh leave and parting ways with Wade...LeBron is the best basketball player on earth, any fan would be a fool to not want him on their team, that's why Gilbert and Cavs fans will take him back with open arms if he chooses to return...I see him staying in Miami, going to Cleveland, LA or Dallas in that order of chances...