PDA

View Full Version : People are underestimating the Bulls with rose. They can take the HEAT down

el hidalgo
02-22-2013, 01:41 AM
By all accounts, Rose is going to be better than ever. He is much stronger than ever, in his legs and upper body. He will be able to take much more contact. He has had lots of time to hone his jumpshot. It looks much more fluid now. Rumor is he actually added 2 inches to his vertical.

The Bulls will be a serious contender against the HEAT once Rose gets back.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 01:44 AM
lol

Slug3
02-22-2013, 01:45 AM
So this couldn't be said in the other exact same thread about this?

And no, they couldn't beat them 2 years ago and won't now.

kozelkid
02-22-2013, 01:46 AM

Right, because teams and players are identical and no changes or development occurs.

DR_1
02-22-2013, 01:47 AM

:facepalm:

Cool007
02-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Let Rose come back first and play at least for a few weeks before we start this thread.

I am glad it wasn't started by a Bulls fan or there would be like 100s of haters coming in no time.

Yanks All Day
02-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Even if Rose comes back better than ever, LeBron James is also better than ever. The way Miami is playing right now, no one is beating them 4 out of 7 games.

rockbottom2010
02-22-2013, 02:08 AM
hahaha....this is a joke....next

BKLYNpigeon
02-22-2013, 02:16 AM
By all accounts, Rose is going to be better than ever. He is much stronger than ever, in his legs and upper body. He will be able to take much more contact. He has had lots of time to hone his jumpshot. It looks much more fluid now. Rumor is he actually added 2 inches to his vertical.

like you actually watched him practice and run drills? everything you are saying is just hearsay.

Slug3
02-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Right, because teams and players are identical and no changes or development occurs.

Yeah there is change. And the change is Rose tore his acl and hasn't played in almost a year.

kozelkid
02-22-2013, 02:36 AM

Yeah there is change. And the change is Rose tore his acl and hasn't played in almost a year.

Cute. This obviously goes with the assumption of a healthy Rose by then. Whether that will be the case remains to be seen.

That aside, Heat fans have quite a selective memory. Let's not act like the Heat "dominated" the Bulls. Fact is, aside from game one, every other game went down to the wire. Heat faired better in those close games, but that's just it. Don't act like that is an indicator of a clearly better team.

As a Heat fan, you should be as aware as anyone when Heat had a very poor record in close games during their first regular season together that close games tend to be a coin flip. In the end of the day, close games can go either way. Heat won it that series and earned it, but it's no guarantee that they can do it again, at least with a healthy Rose. Granted, again, assuming that is the case which is the entire premise of this thread.

CubsBullsBucs
02-22-2013, 02:43 AM
wade is declining, bosh is overrated and Lebron is the best player in the league. It would take Rose at 100% strength even with the other 2 under performing. The Bulls will hopefully be at 100% strength come playoffs, and if that happens, they can beat anyone. Technically, the Bulls can only get better and healthier barring an incredibly terrible streak of bad luck. The Heat are at their ceiling team wise. Lebron is great and idk how he can get any better. But Wades best days are behind him and bosh is an undersized center who just shoots jumpers and takes a page out of josh smiths book and launches 3's for no reason. They dont have a real center and Ray Allen is going on 50. In a nutshell, the Bulls with a healthy squad can compete with the Heat right now, and thats assuming the Heat are 100% healthy, which is no guarantee. If there is going to be a team in the East that takes down Miami, it will be a Bulls squad led by Rose.

LakersIn5
02-22-2013, 02:44 AM

no. because lebron improved.

kozelkid
02-22-2013, 02:49 AM

no. because lebron improved.

I didn't realize Lebron is the only player that will be playing.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 02:49 AM
i doubt it. the heat are better then they were 2 years ago when they won in 5 games. they've had lots of time to develop chemistry together, and just the fact that mike bibby isn't the starting pg is huge lol. there really wasn't much in support of the big 3 back then. just a banged up haslem and miller along with chalmers and joel anthony. now miami has added battier and allen to the mix, cole is capable of some good defensive minutes off the bench at pg and along with birdman brings energy. i think the bulls are worse now too, they lost asik, and rose likely won't be himself in time for this years playoffs.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 02:50 AM
wade is declining, bosh is overrated and Lebron is the best player in the league. It would take Rose at 100% strength even with the other 2 under performing. The Bulls will hopefully be at 100% strength come playoffs, and if that happens, they can beat anyone. Technically, the Bulls can only get better and healthier barring an incredibly terrible streak of bad luck. The Heat are at their ceiling team wise. Lebron is great and idk how he can get any better. But Wades best days are behind him and bosh is an undersized center who just shoots jumpers and takes a page out of josh smiths book and launches 3's for no reason. They dont have a real center and Ray Allen is going on 50. In a nutshell, the Bulls with a healthy squad can compete with the Heat right now, and thats assuming the Heat are 100% healthy, which is no guarantee. If there is going to be a team in the East that takes down Miami, it will be a Bulls squad led by Rose.

there is so much wrong with this post i'm not even gonna bother pointing it all out.

THE MTL
02-22-2013, 02:56 AM

Adding 2 inches to your vertical after microfracture surgery? Is that even possible. Anyway, you must take into account that Derrick Rose hasnt played basketball in 10 months. It doesnt matter who you are, its going to take time to get back to form.

Your post lacks ALOT of simple logic my friend.

IversonIsKrazy
02-22-2013, 03:03 AM
I think they can make a run but they wouldn't be favorites in a series with the Heat.
As for 2 years ago, if you look at each game specifically (excluding game 1 & 3), all games were decided within the last 3 minutes. A few shots here and there, that could've been Bulls 4-1. We have to see how Rose is when he comes back.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-22-2013, 03:04 AM

Rose said himself he can't even dunk yet... how the **** would he add 2 inches to his vertical? Use your brain.

Even with a healthy Rose, we will rape them again in AT LEAST 5. The **** outta here with all this garbage that "it will be close" lmao. Bulls suck and the sooner Bulls fans realize there team will be irrelevant for another 10 years, the better.

rocket
02-22-2013, 03:10 AM
No they wont.

beasted86
02-22-2013, 03:10 AM

So on February 14th 2013, Rose says himself in a video interview with ABC that he can't dunk yet, and 7 days later the rumor is that he added 2 inches to his vertical?

Dude.... I mean the most disrespect possible when I say S-T-F-U and G-T-F-O-H.

And people have the nerve to say HEAT fans are the stupid fans? Seriously, go slice your wrists if you think that.

HuRRiCaNeS324
02-22-2013, 03:11 AM

lmao this is hilarious because it's a resounding YES and exactly why they don't have a chance.

Rose just came back from a freaking torn ACL and he says it himself he still doesn't feel right after 9 months! Hope Bulls fans aren't expecting some Adrian Peterson type **** lol.

The Bulls STILL haven't put another star next to Rose 3 three years after we beat them in 5 and that was when we had no depth, no chemistry, an no consistency on offense. I have no idea how you can be remotely confident against the HEAT unless you're completely delusional. Not only have the HEAT fixed the problems they have since we last played, but the Bulls still have the same problems AND Rose's injury... Doesn't make sense.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 03:16 AM
fellow heat fans.. pls dont bother.. leave the thread alone lol dont want yall to get banned or anything

beasted86
02-22-2013, 03:25 AM
But just to be clear about it, a torn ACL is worse even if the recovery time is longer for microfracture.

The difference is what caused the need for microfracture though... was it cartilage damage from an injury, or was it degenerative knee joints? Obviously a degenerative knee is worse than coming back from a torn ACL. But in the basic comparison of both surgeries, a torn ACL is worse because the ACL controls knee stability... and further more a torn ACL can lead to the need for microfracture.

Knick4Knack
02-22-2013, 03:33 AM
Rose or not, Bulls will be a tough out. Great coaching.

beasted86
02-22-2013, 03:42 AM
get real. dunking in stride is different than jumping as high as you can. the ACL doesn't affect straight vertical leaping ability. It is harder on the ACL when you are moving. Therefor, you are the moron along with the dude who thought torn ACL's get fixed with microfracture surgery.

Awww... look at this kid here.... wishing with all his heart and might that Rose has increased his vertical when he said himself he cannot explode. I'm not going to waste any more time in this thread, because you know you are wrong, and you are just lying to yourself and putting on a front in the NBA Forum.

One foot jump, two foot jump, it doesn't matter what you think in that head of yours. Players jump off of one leg (more than likely their left leg, which Rose blew out his ACL in) with a running start and explode off one leg when doing a max vertical jump test, which is where Rose's 40 inch vertical number came from in the draft combine. So in your wild imagination either one of two things have happened, either Rose has learned to jump off the wrong foot, and somehow has increased his vertical (unlikely), or Rose really has a 50 foot vertical now, so his two footed max vert is now 42 inches, but once his left leg gets back and he does a real vert test with a running one foot jump, it will really be 50 inches (un-possible).

How about you shut up and post a link to a legitimate source or a Rose interview or something rather than yap your trap after your team just took an L.

lajoie
02-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Can't wait for the Bulls play the Heat and watch Boozer and Deng do absolutely nothing like last series.

gotoHcarolina52
02-22-2013, 03:51 AM
Whenever Rose does return, it will be music to El Hidalgo's ears.

More specifically, it will be this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhJzfQMvCcc) music.

IndyRealist
02-22-2013, 03:54 AM
So...while rehabbing from surgery and not playing a single competitive game, Rose has gained upper body strength, lower body strength, and jumps two inches higher. Can you say, steroids?

el hidalgo
02-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Awww... look at this kid here.... wishing with all his heart and might that Rose has increased his vertical when he said himself he cannot explode. I'm not going to waste any more time in this thread, because you know you are wrong, and you are just lying to yourself and putting on a front in the NBA Forum.

One foot jump, two foot jump, it doesn't matter what you think in that head of yours. Players jump off of one leg (more than likely their left leg, which Rose blew out his ACL in) with a running start and explode off one leg when doing a max vertical jump test, which is where Rose's 40 inch vertical number came from in the draft combine. So in your wild imagination either one of two things have happened, either Rose has learned to jump off the wrong foot, and somehow has increased his vertical (unlikely), or Rose really has a 50 foot vertical now, so his two footed max vert is now 42 inches, but once his left leg gets back and he does a real vert test with a running one foot jump, it will really be 50 inches (un-possible).

How about you shut up and post a link to a legitimate source or a Rose interview or something rather than yap your trap after your team just took an L.

damn bro, i didnt ask for your life story. u mad?

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 04:17 AM
Do Heat fans truly think they are unbeatable?

rocket
02-22-2013, 04:28 AM
Rose didn't have microfracture surgery, he had a surgery to repair a torn ACL. There is a pretty significant difference since microfracture is used to repair knee cartilage and not ligament damage.

whoopsy read on google that he did

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 04:29 AM

? what...

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 04:31 AM
I don't think I have seen one Heat fan consider they are going to lose any playoff series.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 04:33 AM
I don't think I have seen one Heat fan consider they are going to lose any playoff series.

umm.. i havent met any fan of any team who thinks they will lose in any playoff series, its called being a fan lol

sventhedog
02-22-2013, 04:45 AM
i'm not really sure about that. rose will definitely make the bulls better but won't be enough to beat the heat in a series.

bulls is a great defensive team but their offense depends too much on rose to create their offense. it's not their fault but deng will be the only one who can consistently score.

championship of the last decade had great offensive players such as shaq, kobe, duncan, ginobilli, pierce, garnett, etc.

the problem is that deng isn't really great on offense especially against a great defense. boozer can't punish the heat because of his lack of length. teams who had success vs the heat have scoring bigmen such as the pacers, jazz, etc. while okc with perkins/ibaka can't win.

BullsFan_1
02-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Pacers are the only team in the east I can see competing with the Heat right now.

Rain 816
02-22-2013, 06:31 AM
Wow.... Lol.... Thats how u feel op.... Ok let just wait n see

naps
02-22-2013, 06:39 AM

How do you know all these? Do you have an article to support it or you have seen him in drills recently? A 100% Rose will probably make a good series against the Heat but no way are they beating the Heat the way LeBron and Co have been playing lately. Let the man come back and pick up the competition before making these ridiculous threads.

SteBO
02-22-2013, 07:12 AM

Most fanbases on a general scale (not everyone) of elite teams have similar attitudes at heart. Nobody is unbeatable, but I haven't seen one post by a Heat fan stating that Miami is a world beater. Just sounds like you're trying to stir the pot.

Bulls-Heat regardless of Roses' status would be a difficult series for them because of the defense Chicago plays. That will keep them in every game.

Mitch Kramer
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
umm.. i havent met any fan of any team who thinks they will lose in any playoff series, its called being a fan lol

Being a fan doesnt equal blindly thinking your team is going to win (unless you frequent the bulls forum). Being a fan is cheering for your team, but just because you're realistic about your teams chances, doesnt make anyone more or less of a fan.

Mitch Kramer
02-22-2013, 10:44 AM
dup post

benzni
02-22-2013, 10:45 AM
I saw el hidalgo and laughed.

Mitch Kramer
02-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Bulls-Heat regardless of Roses' status would be a difficult series for them because of the defense Chicago plays. That will keep them in every game.

Agree, the bulls, should they meet Miami in the playoffs, will keep most games close with their defense and Drose running the offense. However, like last time, the Bulls wont be able to score consistently in the 4th quarter when Miami cranks up their D and switches Lebron on Rose. So, another 4-1 series loss would be in the cards.

siix
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
dude man wtf your sig

koreancabbage
02-22-2013, 10:52 AM
lol since two years ago, Lebron has vastly improved. Rose has yet to show anything, let alone play, let alone even play this year - considering all the factors. He still needs time to get back to being the same player Rose was before he got injured and then more.

koreancabbage
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM

what? they are favorites to win it again, why would people doubt anything else. Unless they are beat, why would people think that they could be beaten in a 7 game series. Everyone knows they are a damn good playoff team.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Being a fan doesnt equal blindly thinking your team is going to win (unless you frequent the bulls forum). Being a fan is cheering for your team, but just because you're realistic about your teams chances, doesnt make anyone more or less of a fan.

what? lol being a fan means u root for ur team and think they can be unbeatable.. obviously if youre going to have a rational discussion about it thats a different story, but you clearly dont know what being a fan means.

everyone is beatable, but that doesnt mean that any fan will admit that lol cmon now.. just like how yankee fans say every season that they are going to go 162-0 or whatever..

Jarvo
02-22-2013, 11:07 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8oc3al7nn1r0x8o2o4_500.gif

Blitzbolt
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't think Rose is the issue here the bulls will never win with carlos boozer in the roster.They do rebound and play Defense but you need more to beat the Heat.

Mitch Kramer
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
what? lol being a fan means u root for ur team and think they can be unbeatable.. obviously if youre going to have a rational discussion about it thats a different story, but you clearly dont know what being a fan means.

everyone is beatable, but that doesnt mean that any fan will admit that lol cmon now.. just like how yankee fans say every season that they are going to go 162-0 or whatever..

This may be the dumbest thing i've ever read. Being a fan i value having rational discussions about my favorite teams. I dont have to blindly tell everyone that the White Sox/Bulls/Hawks are going to go undefeated and win 9 championships in a row to be a fan? seriously read what you're typing before posting. :facepalm:

blams
02-22-2013, 11:20 AM

Rose said he cant even dunk not long ago at all.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
This may be the dumbest thing i've ever read. Being a fan i value having rational discussions about my favorite teams. I dont have to blindly tell everyone that the White Sox/Bulls/Hawks are going to go undefeated and win 9 championships in a row to be a fan? seriously read what you're typing before posting. :facepalm:

oh god the typical "dumbest thing i've read" response.
what? did you even read my post?
i never said you run around saying your team will go undefeated to be a fan, i said a BEING a fan makes you think your team can pull out a victory against the other team.

wtf how is this hard to understand?

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 11:28 AM

Oh yeah, every fan of a team right now in the league is like "We are going to win a championship." Especially Bucks fans.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
what? they are favorites to win it again, why would people doubt anything else. Unless they are beat, why would people think that they could be beaten in a 7 game series. Everyone knows they are a damn good playoff team.

They have major match up issues with the Pacers right now and if I was a Heat I'd be worried about them and only them. And a Rosed Bulls, but we will see about them.

ATX
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Rose is a great player...We all know this. The Bulls are pretty good, and with the defense they play, they can be in any game. Will Rose come back this season? We don't know yet. Even if he does, he'll probably not be at 100% confidence with his cuts on that surgically repaired knee. When Rose was healthy Miami still took the Bulls down, so I'm not sure it's logical to say that they are "Going to take down the Heat". They stand a much better "Chance" next season. Miami is playing on fire lately, and LeBron has found a level only one other in NBA history has achieved. He is vastly improved since the last time he played against Rose, while Rose has been unfortunatley away from the game for almost a year. I don't think anyone is talking down Miami from the East, and "If" anyone stands a chance "This" season, it's the Pacers, not the Bulls.

bg06
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM

From USA Today interview: "Never much of a stretcher or weightlifter, Rose now needs 30-40 minutes to stretch and is squatting 300-350 pounds. His legs and knees, he says, are stronger than ever."

"The ligament, the tendon, everything is healed," Rose said.

Taken from same interview:

Will he able to be the same explosive player he was pre-injury? "For sure. I could do that right now," Rose said. "But I'm just being patient. You don't want to rush anything."

I am assuming this is the quote you are basing your argument on - Taken from SI - "My leg still isn't feeling right," he said in Boston on Wednesday, adding that he is unable to dunk. "I know if I could dunk off stride, I know I'd be out there playing. But I can't."

Here are the facts:

Rose has never been stronger - pre or post injury. Yes, he is quoted as saying he cannot dunk. However, when you read the interview in its entirety, you see that he is clearly talking about dunking in stride off of his injured knee - with the tenacity that he is used to. This is not a physical inability (he has increased his leg strength tremendously), it is just mental hurdle he needs to overcome.

Rose can dunk that ball. There have been multiple reports in which teammates have said they have seen him do so. An article that just came out today even stated that Rose dunked during a pre-game workout - Taken from ESPN Chicago - "But there he was, punching the clock, shooting jumpers, driving to the basket, even dunking once, just building up a lather."

Based of these reports, it is completely possible that Rose increased his vertical by two inches - not "un-possible" as you stated.

Mitch Kramer
02-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah, every fan of a team right now in the league is like "We are going to win a championship." Especially Bucks fans.

:laugh: exactly. Just go into the Bobcats board, they're all talking about a deep playoff run.

Captain Moroni
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
DRose is a great talent. Problem when he gets back is this....

Eveyone else playing well is going to have to adjust to Rose being the number 1,2, and 3 option.

You never win a championship when your PG is your scoring leader.

beasted86
02-22-2013, 11:47 AM
From USA Today interview: "Never much of a stretcher or weightlifter, Rose now needs 30-40 minutes to stretch and is squatting 300-350 pounds. His legs and knees, he says, are stronger than ever."

"The ligament, the tendon, everything is healed," Rose said.

Taken from same interview:

Will he able to be the same explosive player he was pre-injury? "For sure. I could do that right now," Rose said. "But I'm just being patient. You don't want to rush anything."

I am assuming this is the quote you are basing your argument on - Taken from SI - "My leg still isn't feeling right," he said in Boston on Wednesday, adding that he is unable to dunk. "I know if I could dunk off stride, I know I'd be out there playing. But I can't."

Here are the facts:

Rose has never been stronger - pre or post injury. Yes, he is quoted as saying he cannot dunk. However, when you read the interview in its entirety, you see that he is clearly talking about dunking in stride off of his injured knee - with the tenacity that he is used to. This is not a physical inability (he has increased his leg strength tremendously), it is just mental hurdle he needs to overcome.

Rose can dunk that ball. There have been multiple reports in which teammates have said they have seen him do so. An article that just came out today even stated that Rose dunked during a pre-game workout - Taken from ESPN Chicago - "But there he was, punching the clock, shooting jumpers, driving to the basket, even dunking once, just building up a lather."

Based of these reports, it is completely possible that Rose increased his vertical by two inches - not "un-possible" as you stated.

As I said, a player plants and explodes off one leg when taking max vertical measurements with a running start so this explains exactly what he talked about having problems with exactly 7 days ago.

On whatever crazy chance that they did measure his no step vert and he now tested better than the 34 inches he did at the draft combine, that makes no real statement to his max vert improving from the 40 inches (also tested at the combine) which is all that matters. I'm positive he did not run off stride, explode, and hit 42 inches in any test recently because he just said in an interview he cannot jump off stride.

I also find it just unlikely in general he is conducting any vertical max jump test and stressing his knees that much by exerting as much jumping force as he possibly can. Can you atleast agree with that common sense of it?

koreancabbage
02-22-2013, 12:06 PM
They have major match up issues with the Pacers right now and if I was a Heat I'd be worried about them and only them. And a Rosed Bulls, but we will see about them.

sure they do- in the regular season - but everything changes come playoff time. Chicago should know that the best - since it just happened two years ago. Boston the last two years.

until they do, Miami has both their numbers come playoff time, in recent memory. can't be beat unless proven otherwise. Of course Miami Heat fans don't believe they will lose to any of them but I am sure any knowledgeable fan will be wary of the Pacers.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-22-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm not betting against Miami, but I suppose it's possible.

beasted86
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
sure they do- in the regular season - but everything changes come playoff time. Chicago should know that the best - since it just happened two years ago. Boston the last two years.

until they do, Miami has both their numbers come playoff time, in recent memory. can't be beat unless proven otherwise. Of course Miami Heat fans don't believe they will lose to any of them but I am sure any knowledgeable fan will be wary of the Pacers.

Here's the issue. If the playoffs started today and Miami stays healthy they would face the crappy Milwaukee Bucks (possible sweep) and then the winner of Nets/Bulls and I'm positive we beat either team. The Pacers on the other hand face the Hawks who are leading the season series or the Celtics who blew the Pacers out earlier this season in their only match-up... in the first round, then have to get past the Knicks in the 2nd round. They might not even make it to the ECF, while Miami is all but guaranteed to go as far as the ECF, and that's not being overconfident, just looking at the matchups and making a likely assumption based on Miami being healthy.

pd1dish
02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
lol

this is precisely why many people dont like Miami fans. when anyone says team 'x' can beat them in the playoffs, this is the type of response we get almost everytime...something completely uninspiring.

as far as the OP is concerned, yes i think my Bulls can take down the Heat (or any team for that matter) with D Rose back in the lineup. do i actually believe that its going to happen? no, but how can you honestly say that it cant happen? if you do, then youre just ignorant.

if Rose had been playing all year, i would say that there are very good chances, relatively, for them to beat the Heat in the playoffs, but with Rose looking like he will only play starting in the end of march (if he comes back at all this year), i cant see it happening.

bg06
02-22-2013, 12:35 PM
As I said, a player plants and explodes off one leg when taking max vertical measurements with a running start so this explains exactly what he talked about having problems with exactly 7 days ago.

On whatever crazy chance that they did measure his no step vert and he now tested better than the 34 inches he did at the draft combine, that makes no real statement to his max vert improving from the 40 inches (also tested at the combine) which is all that matters. I'm positive he did not run off stride, explode, and hit 42 inches in any test recently because he just said in an interview he cannot jump off stride.

I also find it just unlikely in general he is conducting any vertical max jump test and stressing his knees that much by exerting as much jumping force as he possibly can. Can you at least agree with that common sense of it?

I suppose it all depends on how you choose to interpret the information that has been released. When I read his most recent interviews I never got the idea that he could not jump and explode off of his repaired knee. This is what I took from the interview in which he said he could not dunk in stride: physically - he is capable of doing all of the things he could do before the injury – mentally – he is still building confidence to actually do the things his body is capable of.

As far as testing his vertical - he is about 10 months out of an injury that carries an 8-12 month recovery period. At this point, I am sure his trainers are putting him through a series of physical tests to chart his progress and to see if he is back to where he was prior the injury. Would they be testing his knee like this 2 months out of surgery? No, but to think that after 10 months of physical therapy, aimed specifically at strengthening his knee and his core, he wouldn't be put through a physical that measures his leaping ability is ridiculous. How else would they determine how much progress he as made and how much progress, if any, he still needs to make.

So could have added 2 inches to his vertical? Certainly, all reports say his rehab was very intense and he attacked it every day. However, we have no way access the results of these tests so anything we hear is pure speculation.

Slug3
02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
The Pacers are a fantastic home team. Perhaps one of the best in the league. But they are way different and bad on the road.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
this is precisely why many people dont like Miami fans. when anyone says team 'x' can beat them in the playoffs, this is the type of response we get almost everytime...something completely uninspiring.

as far as the OP is concerned, yes i think my Bulls can take down the Heat (or any team for that matter) with D Rose back in the lineup. do i actually believe that its going to happen? no, but how can you honestly say that it cant happen? if you do, then youre just ignorant.

if Rose had been playing all year, i would say that there are very good chances, relatively, for them to beat the Heat in the playoffs, but with Rose looking like he will only play starting in the end of march (if he comes back at all this year), i cant see it happening.

dude calm down. i was alughing cos i thought OP wasnt serious about people underestimating the bulls, because i personally dont. bulls, pacers, knicks are solid teams.

Heatcheck
02-22-2013, 01:01 PM

stopped reading right there.

dirtyjay
02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
does anyone not recall the bulls beating the heat back in JAN? Not to mention they also beat the Thunder.
all without ROSE..btw the heat have fans?

DR_1
02-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Yes, they do. They have the dumbest fanbase in professional sports.

Greet
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
If there is anything close to unbeatable, it's the Heat.

Heatcheck
02-22-2013, 01:12 PM
just like the year we lost to the mavs, they hammered us in the regular season and lost in the playoffs.

Slug3
02-22-2013, 01:17 PM
does anyone not recall the bulls beating the heat back in JAN? Not to mention they also beat the Thunder.
all without ROSE..btw the heat have fans?

And the Bulls have lost to the Suns and the Wizards. That doesn't mean those 2 teams would beat them in a 7 game series.

justinnum1
02-22-2013, 01:19 PM
ok

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 01:30 PM
And the Bulls have lost to the Suns and the Wizards. That doesn't mean those 2 teams would beat them in a 7 game series.

Suns and Wizards? We're talking Miami Heat. Even with a healthy Rose, what makes Chicago fans think Rose>Wade or James? He's not. James outplays him every time they play.

koreancabbage
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM

LOL well who started this thread and what it was all about? its obviously a baiting thread meant for pointless speculations. Even to this day, Bulls fans are still reeling in defeat from two years ago. They're almost as bad as Knick fans of last year in the first round - remember that? All Knicks fans believed the Knicks could take out the Heat in the first round.

to say another fanbase is the "dumbest" shows how much you are just hating LOL

xRipCity
02-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I hate the Heat, but I have accepted the fact that they are untouchable.

If LeBron continues his pace, good luck.

Deng on LeBron, Butler on Wade, and Noah on Bosh offers a good defensive scheme but there won't be enough offense on the floor even if Rose returns. Do you really expect a team that has played 80+ games without someone will suddenly be much better when he returns? Ever heard of chemistry? Plus, will Rose be 100% when he returns?

Also, LeBron will SHUT ROSE DOWN, especially a Rose not at 100% that will probably have a bulky knee brace. Watch the playoff series two years ago

Cubby
02-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Threads like this are why the main forum is faltering. This is just asking people to come in and bait (which is what 95% of this thread is now).

SwatTeam
02-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Derrick Rose can walk on water and turn water into wine - with 1 ACL. I'm pretty sure he can add 2 inches to his vertical.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
If there is anything close to unbeatable, it's the Heat.

Heat don't even come close to historically great teams. There have been better teams to lose in the playoffs.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 02:54 PM

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=4069997

Wrong, regular season match ups are highly predictive. You are posting exceptions to the rule, not the rule.

koreancabbage
02-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Heat don't even come close to historically great teams. There have been better teams to lose in the playoffs.

well, good thing those historical teams aren't around. I'm sure people have said the same thing of those historical teams in the past when they were around. and I'm sure there have been plenty of fans, just like you, on the other side when it came to the Chicago Bulls when Jordan was around

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
well, good thing those historical teams aren't around. I'm sure people have said the same thing of those historical teams in the past when they were around. and I'm sure there have been plenty of fans, just like you, on the other side when it came to the Chicago Bulls when Jordan was around

I am sure they'd be wrong because statistically the Heat don't measure up at all to historically great teams. Their SRS is elite, but it is not even the best this year, the year before, or the other year. And don't tell me because they are coasting because the Spurs literally sit their best players for some games.

In terms of the SRS they are pretty much in the middle compared to other historically elite teams.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/news/story?id=4069997

Wrong, regular season match ups are highly predictive. You are posting exceptions to the rule, not the rule.

not with the heat they aren't. with no back to backs and a chance to game plan and focus on the same opponent it's different. wade plays more minutes plus attacks more, and the heat crank their defense up and stop coasting like they do in the regular season. the playoffs are definitely different when it comes to this team.

SteBO
02-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Regular season is never really indicative of postseason success or failure......that's how the NBA has been for years.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:01 PM
not with the heat they aren't. with no back to backs and a chance to game plan and focus on the same opponent it's different. wade plays more minutes, and the heat crank their defense up and stop coasting like they do in the regular season. the playoffs are definitely different when it comes to this team.

The Heat didn't coast in 2010-2011 in the regular season and they didn't coast last year. This year defensively has been a problem, not from a lack of effort. I reviewed some of their games, it's from overhelping. They give up a lot of open lay ups, pocket passes, and shots because they overhelp on their man. The biggest culprit of that is Ray Allen.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Regular season is never really indicative of postseason success or failure......that's how the NBA has been for years.

You are wrong, statistically speaking. It has been much more predictive than you give it credit for.

Blitzbolt
02-22-2013, 03:04 PM
I think what makes the Heat the best is not the skill look at that Roster Shane Allen haslem Wade ect... ect...All of them are legit veterans even Mike Miller who never plays.That's what makes the Heat unbeatable all the players know what it takes especially in the playoffs.

ThePooH_1_
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't know if we could beat the heat, nobody knows how Derrick Rose will play. Even though he is stronger, you don't know if he can trust his knee without him having fear that he will tear it again. Im really 50/50 on his comeback.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:06 PM
I think what makes the Heat the best is not the skill look at that Roster Shane Allen haslem Wade ect... ect...All of them are legit veterans even Mike Miller who never plays.That's what makes the Heat unbeatable all the players know what it takes especially in the playoffs.

You are wrong if you think any team is unbeatable in the playoffs, ever.

Blitzbolt
02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
You are wrong if you think any team is unbeatable in the playoffs, ever.That's true but they the clear favorites.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I suggest to all of you who believe the Heat are unbeatable in the playoffs go to vegas and place all of your money on them. **** you could even use a site. I mean, it's so easy, and the payout isn't half bad.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 03:09 PM

Very true. Battier is perhaps the biggest piece of this team in some cases. Very underrated and undervalued.

SteBO
02-22-2013, 03:12 PM
The Heat didn't coast in 2010-2011 in the regular season and they didn't coast last year. This year defensively has been a problem, not from a lack of effort. I reviewed some of their games, it's from overhelping. They give up a lot of open lay ups, pocket passes, and shots because they overhelp on their man. The biggest culprit of that is Ray Allen.
If by review, you mean watching highlights and checking box scores afterwards, then you aren't getting the bigger picture. Plus, if you move the ball on offense, any defense can get exposed. Obviously, it's much easier said then done. If you've watched as many Heat games as I have, you'd know that effort was a legitimate issue for majority of the first half of the year. Overhelping is another problem, yes, but that isn't something that's unfixable. You're starting to see that a little now with the recent streak the Heat are on (last night was one of the Heat's better defensive efforts).....

You are wrong, statistically speaking. It has been much more predictive than you give it credit for.
Well then we'll just agree to disagree, because years' past indicate otherwise. Miami isn't unbeatable, but then again no team in sports is.

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:15 PM
If by review, you mean watching highlights then you aren't getting the bigger picture. Plus, if you move the ball on offense, any defense can get exposed. Obviously, it's much easier said then done. If you've watched as many Heat games as I have, you'd know that effort was a legitimate issue for majority of the first half of the year. Overhelping is another problem, yes, but that isn't something that's unfixable. You're starting to see that a little now with the recent streak the Heat are on (last night was one of the Heat's better defensive efforts).....

Well then we'll just agree to disagree, because years' past indicate otherwise.

You are wrong with your last statement, and no, I review game tapes. The Heat overhelp on their men constantly. Norris Cole gets lost and Chalmers is bad at defense in general.

An example of overhelping is the game winning lay up the Warriors had vs the Heat. Ray Allen and came over to help as Klay and Curry came off screens as flares. Green broke down the baseline, but Allen was off him and he got the lay up.

This is an example of bad coaching because Ray Allen was in the game and he should not have been and overhelping to the point where it cost you the game.

I also suggest you bet a large amount of money on the Heat if you truly feel there is no way they can be beat in the playoffs.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 03:17 PM

I agree that Ray Allen really damages the Heat's defense, but you are certainly wrong in regards of "overhelping." Since the Heat are a small team, they rely on overhelping to defend. It's their biggest strength in terms of defense. Overall, they sacrificed some defense by signing Ray Allen. If you do watch Heat games, it seems as if they are bored with the competition. Take for example against the Bulls, nationally televised game, they played great defense because they choose when they want to. In the playoffs, they'll play great defense. It seems you have taken the term unbeatable to a broader definition. Obviously they are defeat-able. The way they have been playing for the past month has been unstoppable. I don't see how anyone can beat them except Grizzlies or Pacers.

Money_23
02-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Want Lebron to shut down Rose again in the playoffs?

SteBO
02-22-2013, 03:21 PM
You are wrong with your last statement, and no, I review game tapes. The Heat overhelp on their men constantly. Norris Cole gets lost and Chalmers is bad at defense in general.

An example of overhelping is the game winning lay up the Warriors had vs the Heat. Ray Allen and came over to help as Klay and Curry came off screens as flares. Green broke down the baseline, but Allen was off him and he got the lay up.

This is an example of bad coaching because Ray Allen was in the game and he should not have been and overhelping to the point where it cost you the game.
Umm, no, I'm very right with my last statement. No point in continuing this because the proof is right there if you bother to look. W/L head-to-head regular season matchups mean nothing when being compared to a seven-game series. Rotations shorten, different schemes are brought out depending on the matchup, extra rest between games, game-planning for one opponent......all things that aren't present in regular season play.

And pointing out one game doesn't prove anything, and that's despite the fact that I've already conceded that over-helping was real problem in terms of Miami's defensive principles. Integrating new players and getting detached from the defensive identity the Heat have established since the franchise has been in existence will do that. Thankfully, it's gotten better as the season plays out......

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Umm, no, I'm very right with my last statement. No point in continuing this because the proof is right there if you bother to look. W/L head-to-head regular season matchups mean nothing when being compared to a seven-game series. Rotations shorten, different schemes are brought out depending on the matchup, extra rest between games, game-planning for one opponent......all things that aren't present in regular season play.

And pointing out one game doesn't prove anything, and that's despite the fact that I've already conceded that over-helping was real problem in terms of Miami's defensive principles. Integrating new players and getting detached from the defensive identity the Heat have established since the franchise has been in existence will do that. Thankfully, it's gotten better as the season plays out......

Well, no. You are wrong. I posted a link that has all the information you need in it. Regular season head-head match ups are highly predictive. Not even sure why you are arguing against it. You probably won't have to face the Pacers in the playoffs and in turn, should be safe unless Rose comes back like a madman.

Spurs, Pacers, Grizzlies are the teams that could probably beat the Heat. Grizzlies will not go to the finals, Pacers and Heat are on the other side of the brackets, and Spurs will need to beat the Thunder or hope they get the Clippers.

SteBO
02-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Well, no. You are wrong. I posted a link that has all the information you need in it. Regular season head-head match ups are highly predictive.
Sure....believe what you want to. Miami's an unconventional team, so you can't judge by traditional standards. I guess we'll see.

FriedTofuz
02-22-2013, 03:40 PM
No they cant. Remember the finals 2 years ago? Rose was in his prime, I don't expect him to return to AS GOOD form after his ACL injury. If theres any team that can take the heat down in the east, its the pacers

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
The Heat didn't coast in 2010-2011 in the regular season and they didn't coast last year.

they didn't in 2010-2011 since it was their first year together, they were trying to develop chemistry and learn how to play together. it was a big adjustment and it wasn't always pretty but yes your correct the effort was there. the 2nd year together they absolutely coasted, they had lost in the finals and were basically bored with the regular season, just wanting to be at the finals again to make up for that series loss. proof that they coasted is they ended up with the #2 seed. do you really think if they wanted that 1st seed bad enough they wouldn't of had it? when you are sure of a high playoffs seed just by showing up, and have just lost in the finals its hard to come out like gang busters every night all season long when all you want is to start right back at the playoffs again. they were doing a maintenance program with wade to get him extra rest, for **** sakes.

and you can shove your insider link, because the heat as a team have proved regular season matchups don't predict playoffs series outcomes and the stats back that up for them. bulls/celtics know that first hand. also, the knicks beat miami both times this season so far, so according to you that means they'll win in the playoffs. but i haven't seen you list the knicks among the possible teams you think can beat them in the playoffs. why is that? the playoffs are simply different as people have already tried to explain to you, but you're just being close minded.

This year defensively has been a problem, not from a lack of effort. I reviewed some of their games, it's from overhelping. They give up a lot of open lay ups, pocket passes, and shots because they overhelp on their man. The biggest culprit of that is Ray Allen.

lol alright coach, i'm sure you hand pick the bad games to analyze. i agree ray allen is bad defensively though, and that spo needs to do a better job subbing offense for defense late in games. but i find it funny that you think the heat give it their all every game, they clearly don't. and despite your repeated claims that people in this thread think the heat are unbeatable, i haven't seen anyone say that. they are just the favorites as they should be since they are the defending champs and lebron is on a mission once again. of course heat fans are confident.

heyman321
02-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Lebron owns the Rose and the Bulls.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 04:30 PM

LOL coming from a poster like you, that means absolutely nothing.

DeyAce
02-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Lebron owns the Rose and the Bulls.

Pretty much. I'm a Bulls fan and realistically can admit this. Others in the Bulls forum are delusional.

Dnovakovic099
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Sure....believe what you want to. Miami's an unconventional team, so you can't judge by traditional standards. I guess we'll see.

So, let me get this straight. A person posts stats that prove that regular season success is indicative to playoff success, you argue with him for a couple of posts, and then after he tells you to look at it and you finally do you realize that you are wrong. Then, your argument is Miami is an unconventional team. Wow.

Earlier in the thread you had people calling the thread creator an idiot for saying Rose gained two inches to his vertical because he "couldn't dunk", but they failed to realize that maybe he was talking about his stationary vertical, or maybe Rose has a mental problem when it comes to dunking? Then you have another Heat fan saying that Rose had micro fracture surgery. Then you have Miami fans embracing that the Heat pretty much slack of during the regular season. With all these things and this SteBo character, how can Miami fans say they aren't ONE of the worst fan bases?

As for the topic, any team can beat any team in seven games. I mean if Wade and LeBron both got injured, very unlikely, the Heat would probably lose to any playoff team. I don't think that any fan base really believes that their team is unbeatable, by the responses of Heat fans in this thread though I am starting to doubt that. However, I wouldn't put my money against Miami even with a line. Plus, we should be talking about the Pacers knocking the Heat off. They are just as good defensively as the Bulls and also have Grainger to yet come back. Also, they have a low post game in West and Hibbert, more so than the Bulls atleast. While the Bulls have yet to integrate Rose to their team. The Bulls and Knicks have more potential due to Rose and Melo, but the Pacers have the best shot to beat the Heat IMO, but like I said I wouldn't bet against Miami. It just sucks that the other three elite teams are in the West.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 06:39 PM
So, let me get this straight. A person posts stats that prove that regular season success is indicative to playoff success, you argue with him for a couple of posts, and then after he tells you to look at it and you finally do you realize that you are wrong. Then, your argument is Miami is an unconventional team. Wow.

Earlier in the thread you had people calling the thread creator an idiot for saying Rose gained two inches to his vertical because he "couldn't dunk", but they failed to realize that maybe he was talking about his stationary vertical, or maybe Rose has a mental problem when it comes to dunking? Then you have another Heat fan saying that Rose had micro fracture surgery. Then you have Miami fans embracing that the Heat pretty much slack of during the regular season. With all these things and this SteBo character, how can Miami fans say they aren't ONE of the worst fan bases?

As for the topic, any team can beat any team in seven games. I mean if Wade and LeBron both got injured, very unlikely, the Heat would probably lose to any playoff team. I don't think that any fan base really believes that their team is unbeatable, by the responses of Heat fans in this thread though I am starting to doubt that. However, I wouldn't put my money against Miami even with a line. Plus, we should be talking about the Pacers knocking the Heat off. They are just as good defensively as the Bulls and also have Grainger to yet come back. Also, they have a low post game in West and Hibbert, more so than the Bulls atleast. While the Bulls have yet to integrate Rose to their team. The Bulls and Knicks have more potential due to Rose and Melo, but the Pacers have the best shot to beat the Heat IMO, but like I said I wouldn't bet against Miami. It just sucks that the other three elite teams are in the West.

Who are you arguing with? All your statements make no sense.

You take undefeated to a broader range. People say Jordan was perfect, he isn't. He played like he was perfect, it's called a hyperbole. Clearly they aren't undefeated since they have 14 losses.

Which team can beat Miami in a 7 game series? Hmmm, you don't make much sense right now. We're basing it off now and right now, Miami is the best team. It's silly to even argue that and say "well, Wade and James can get injured and they won't be the best." We can say that for any team.

Regular season only proves which team is the better regular season team. Remember the Celtics? Reached the ECF finals with a terrible regular season record. How about when the Bulls beat Miami 3-0 in the regular season 2 years ago? Lost 4-1. It doesn't indicate squat. By your definition, James should've won two rings with the Cleveland Cavailers.

mdm692
02-22-2013, 08:22 PM

This is the most ******** base for an argument.

DR_1
02-22-2013, 08:25 PM
LOL coming from a poster like you, that means absolutely nothing.

Means much more coming from me that from a Lebron dick-sucker like you

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Means much more coming from me that from a Lebron dick-sucker like you

except lebron isn't even in my top 3 favourite nba players. but you're 1 to talk, rose's **** must have hickies on it from a slurper like you. go back to your fantasies of personally nursing his knee back to health, and leave the talking to the grownups jr. nice user name by the way lol.

Slug3
02-22-2013, 08:40 PM
This is the most ******** base for an argument.

Please go on and explain. I mean lebron has only gotten better. What has Rose done?

Slug3
02-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Double post

DumDum
02-22-2013, 08:43 PM
just don't, really o man. rose is no where 100 % even if he was bulls can't beat the heat in 7. games. plain simple and vanilla

DR_1
02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
except lebron isn't even in my top 3 favourite nba players. but you're 1 to talk, rose's **** must have hickies on it from a slurper like you. go back to your fantasies of personally nursing his knee back to health, and leave the talking to the grownups jr. nice user name by the way lol.

Thank you moron

Sactown
02-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Eh even if Rose returned even better than before the injury, the Heat are clicking on all cylinders, and Chicago would of to build chemistry again and change their game plan.. I'd give the nod to the Heat.

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Thank you moron

haha so you switch your name to another rose one...clever.

DumDum
02-22-2013, 08:54 PM
we won't see a good rose for at least two seasons til then bulls fans don't have a leg to stand on in these type of lebron bashing threads

Badluck33
02-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Lbj is on another planet right now. They are the team to beat in east.

ombada
02-22-2013, 09:59 PM
The Bulls have a great team. Rose will take a while to get back to normal, probably wont happen until next season, but Rose at 80% is better than Heinrich at 110% every day of the week. His presence alone will instill some confidence back to his team.

They will compete and i believe they can go the distance against the HEAT. But in order to do so, they need Rose to get some considerable PT before the playoffs. He needs to get back soon.

Cool007
02-22-2013, 11:37 PM
we won't see a good rose for at least two seasons til then bulls fans don't have a leg to stand on in these type of lebron bashing threads

What 2 seasons?

I think people need to stop speculating either way. Let Rose come back and play atleast for few games before anyone start saying stuff like Rose and Bulls will beat this or that team.

He may not even come back this year (which I doubt).

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Who cares whether or not Rose comes back? As a fan, yes, I want to see Rose. He, James, and Durant could've been the top 3 players and make for exciting entertainment. But to say that he'll give Miami a run for their money, really? James dominates the Bulls every time.

ThunderousDemon
02-23-2013, 12:00 AM
moron

Typical response from a plebeian.

NoahH
02-23-2013, 07:37 PM
How can you make this thread? It's complete speculation. You DONT know if Rose is better, you DONT know if the Bulls can beat the Heat and what reason would you have? The HEAT dismantled them two years ago.

ramsizzle
02-23-2013, 08:25 PM
How can you make this thread? It's complete speculation. You DONT know if Rose is better, you DONT know if the Bulls can beat the Heat and what reason would you have? The HEAT dismantled them two years ago.

FYI the bulls were outscored by a TOTAL of 11 points in that series. All were close games except for game one.

TopsyTurvy
02-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Of course the Bulls can take down the Heat, I just don't see it happening. At most, the Bulls defense coupled with some domination on the boards gets them out in front in a couple games. Unfortunately I don't think Noah and Boozer are capable of becoming consistent double/double machines through the entire series against Miami - especially when one matches up on Bosh most of the time.

Rndy
02-23-2013, 09:19 PM
I don't think the Bulls are ready this year. Next year if they can have a healthy Rose and Hinrich I really do think we're going to be a force. During the Bulls runs the last few years they didn't have a back up pg. They had Watson who couldn't get others involved and the offense stopped when Rose was on the bench. Having a guy like Hinrich will change things for the Bulls bench. But the Bulls need to get another Center before thinking they can beat Miami in playoff series. Noah can't play 40+ minutes a game and expect to last during that series.

If I was the Bulls owner I'd probably shut things down right now I'd want Rose to sit the rest of the year, let Deng finally have his surgery his shot hasn't been the same since he screwed up his hand last year, and let Noah recovery from his foot problems. Let the young guys like Teague, Butler, and Gibson get better and make a run next year.

Green_Monster
02-23-2013, 09:52 PM
They definitely have a chance. Noah can slow down Bosh, and Deng can try to slow down Lebron. Rose, if he's back, will dominate Chalmers. But, Wade will have a field day against Hamilton.

koreancabbage
02-23-2013, 10:15 PM
They definitely have a chance. Noah can slow down Bosh, and Deng can try to slow down Lebron. Rose, if he's back, will dominate Chalmers. But, Wade will have a field day against Hamilton.

Bosh made Noah his ***** that series. thats more impressive.

Green_Monster
02-23-2013, 10:32 PM

In 2011, he held him to 29% in their two matchups and 41% in 2012. I'm not saying he would completely shut him down, though.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
They would be the only team in the east that could push Miami, but they would need an AP type of recovery from Rose.

SteBO
02-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Who are you arguing with? All your statements make no sense.

You take undefeated to a broader range. People say Jordan was perfect, he isn't. He played like he was perfect, it's called a hyperbole. Clearly they aren't undefeated since they have 14 losses.

Which team can beat Miami in a 7 game series? Hmmm, you don't make much sense right now. We're basing it off now and right now, Miami is the best team. It's silly to even argue that and say "well, Wade and James can get injured and they won't be the best." We can say that for any team.

Regular season only proves which team is the better regular season team. Remember the Celtics? Reached the ECF finals with a terrible regular season record. How about when the Bulls beat Miami 3-0 in the regular season 2 years ago? Lost 4-1. It doesn't indicate squat. By your definition, James should've won two rings with the Cleveland Cavailers.
My point flew way over his head and he will probably ignore your response, but thanks for saving me some typing. I would've responded, but I don't feel like wasting my breath especially when he goes around throwing ill-fated shots at me and the fanbase with nothing to back it. I don't know how many times people have to fall for the same **** over and over before they finally get a clue. I'm not even saying things can't take a turn, but Miami is an unconventional team and its going to bring unconventional results. It's common sense, but that guy clearly doesn't want to use it, so oh well....to each his own. Shame too, because we share about the same opinion on the thread topic :laugh2:

denverfan66
02-24-2013, 02:48 AM
If Rose can return and continue being a top PG they are definitely a threat. The thing I've been impressed with the Bulls is how all of the guys in their rotation have contributed. Noah, Deng, Butler, Nate, and even Boozer have stepped up. Chicago has learned to contend without D-Rose this season, while personally I think the goal when they played without Derrick last season was to stay afloat until he came back. You could argue they lost to the 76ers more because of shellshock their star went down more than Philly actually beating them. IMO the Bulls, without Rose, will advance in the playoffs and will challenge the Heat if they do meet them.

Rndy
02-24-2013, 09:17 AM

Noah was hurt but Noah being on Bosh helps Miami not Chicago. Having Noah away from the basket defensively is never good for the Bulls.

If Rose can return and continue being a top PG they are definitely a threat. The thing I've been impressed with the Bulls is how all of the guys in their rotation have contributed. Noah, Deng, Butler, Nate, and even Boozer have stepped up. Chicago has learned to contend without D-Rose this season, while personally I think the goal when they played without Derrick last season was to stay afloat until he came back. You could argue they lost to the 76ers more because of shellshock their star went down more than Philly actually beating them. IMO the Bulls, without Rose, will advance in the playoffs and will challenge the Heat if they do meet them.

That is possible but it's unfair to take credit away from 76ers. The Bulls lost Rose and Noah and Deng was hurt but 76ers beat the Bulls nobody in the NBA cares if another teams players are hurt you need to make up for it and compete. Bulls still should have won that series but they had an idiot running point guard. Watsons best part of his game is his shooting and in final seconds decided he was going to give the ball to Asik instead of getting fouled himself. Now that is either he was scared or just not intelligent enough to be a pg. But that is BKN problem now.

MagicBucsSox
02-24-2013, 10:28 AM
If this is the case then Rose should give that MVP back

FreakaNashur
02-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Bulls were alot better a year ago without derrick rose. Not this year.

Krizzle88
02-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Bulls will be the only threat to beat Miami in the east when rose is back

Rndy
02-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Bulls were alot better a year ago without derrick rose. Not this year.

Only because of the schedule though it had nothing to do with being better they were better suited for a that ridiculous schedule of playing games almost every night. They had a lot more depth then most teams. It's why they got destroyed so easily in the playoffs without Rose. A team actually had time to game plan for them.

Steelers23_06
02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Common rose is going to be a feel good story like AP but did anyone think they were winning the Super Bowl? To come back for a month then have to kick it up a notch because everyone plays harder in the playoffs, lets be honest the chance are slim to none. That's asking a lot from a guy. And practice is wayyyyy different then games so there is no telling how game ready he will actually be. Also Chicago has above average bigs ill give them that but they aren't great. But miami has GREAT wings. So I think the separation in miamis wings are bigger then Chicago and their chemistry is ridiculous. Chicago won't just have rose back and just magically have the same chemistry that they had almost a year ago, that takes time. So nba fans we have no legit threat in the east sorry :D

U MAD?

Showtime Steve
02-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Rose's conditioning wOnt allow that. He won't be able to play 40+ mins this fast AND be as effective as they need him to be to beat the heat.

superior
02-24-2013, 02:26 PM
This thread is very pre-mature. Could the Bulls beat the Heat in a 7 game series with a healthy Rose? Sure. It's possible, but there's a lot of things that play a role in that outcome, and it's just too early to tell. For one, there's no telling how Rose will play when he get's back. Two, there's no telling how the TEAM adapts to Rose being back. There's a lot of variable between now and May/June. I'd say let's revisit this thread a month after Rose comes back, our predictions will contain a little more accuracy then. However, I would like to note that I also beleive that the average fan/analyst is underrating the Bulls. We've had yet another season plagued by injuries all across the board. Come playoff time, if Rose/Deng/Noah/Boozer/Gibson/RIP/Butler are all at least 85% or better, the Bulls could very well beat the Heat this go round. With a coach and a defense like Chicago, beating any team in a 7 game series is a possibility. It's one of those things that will be doubted until it happens. Stay tuned....