PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a High School Diploma to join the D-league?

knicksballers
02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I have a son intrested in joining the D-league next year and I understand he might be one credit short. I understand its a tryout. So help me out can he still tryout without a High School diploma?

alexander_37
02-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Tell him to graduate regardless.... I mean it's highschool ffs.

NoahH
02-21-2013, 06:25 PM
:facepalm:

king4day
02-21-2013, 06:27 PM
I doubt it matters but as will be the running theme here, I wouldn't support him doing anything until HS is done.

You can get by without college but without HS, you are in a world of hurt.

JEDean89
02-21-2013, 06:28 PM
don't give him parenting advice, just answer his question.

broncosfan4eva
02-21-2013, 06:31 PM
u gotta try to not pass high school lololol

knicksballers
02-21-2013, 06:32 PM
I told him to graduate but he wants to do this reguardless so idk can you? He was gunna drop out told him that's not happening but now i have no say kids 18 just wana no can you join the d-league w/o a diploma

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
I like how everyone is trying to give him advice. Honestly what I would do if I were you is go to the D-league homepage, look for the section on the front page entitled D-League Headlines, in that section the latest D-league tryouts should be listed. Then their should be an email or phone number to schedule your tryout, and when you call them just ask.

Here's the list man: http://www.nba.com/dleague/nba_dleague_individual_tryouts_2012.html

penuch
02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
This is all I can find

A player is eligible to be signed to a D-League contract if he is or will be at least 18 years old during the calendar year in which the D-League draft is held and his high school class has graduated. Also, the player may not have attended college in the United States in the academic year that takes place during the season covered by his D-League contract.

So while it doesn't say he has to graduate, he can attempt a try out until his class has graduated, so if he is class of 2014 then he would need to wait till they graduate. Also tryouts are held in Oct.

5ass
02-21-2013, 06:41 PM
I told him to graduate but he wants to do this reguardless so idk can you? He was gunna drop out told him that's not happening but now i have no say kids 18 just wana no can you join the d-league w/o a diploma

just tell him no. Lie to him and tell him you checked. He might be 18, but u just called him a "kid".

Redskins10
02-21-2013, 06:48 PM
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6996/obamavm.png

knicks=love
02-21-2013, 06:52 PM
you know you're a bad parent when...

you come to the internet for parenting advice.

MrfadeawayJB
02-21-2013, 06:58 PM

:laugh:

Supreme LA
02-21-2013, 07:00 PM

He didn't come here for parenting advice. People just began to give it. Morons...

Red_Pill
02-21-2013, 07:04 PM

Reading comprehension not your strongest attribute, is it?

knicks=love
02-21-2013, 07:07 PM
He didn't come here for parenting advice. People just began to give it. Morons...

i guess him saying "so help me out.." was basically him saying "i'm not here for advice, just to share a story".

Reading comprehension not your strongest attribute, is it?

see above.

Duncan = Donkey
02-21-2013, 07:12 PM
i guess him saying "so help me out.." was basically him saying "i'm not here for advice, just to share a story".

see above.

how is he asking for advice? he simply asked a question.

Red_Pill
02-21-2013, 07:22 PM

see above.

"So help me out can he still tryout without a High School diploma?" is asking for advice on parenting? That's rhetorical. Don't answer. Your comprehension is atrocious. He's asking a question about if a high school dropout can play D-league basketball. That's not asking for parenting tips. Quit being a dick.

Jenceman
02-21-2013, 07:37 PM

see above.

You're not a very smart person, are ya?

SINCESTARBURY25
02-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Whats his position if its power forward forget the d-league im sure the knicks will take him.

Seguin
02-21-2013, 08:00 PM
A bunch of teenagers who don't even have a sex life giving parenting advice? I guess health class teaches you more than it use to, huh?

mamba24
02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
if my kid is living under my roof for free i dont care if he/she is 18 or not... He/She is going to school. If your son thinks he can do what he wants just cuz hes 18 tell him to think again lol... Tell him to finish school... If he didnt get any scholarship offers for basketball why does he think he could make a D-League team?

Faneik
02-21-2013, 08:31 PM

see above.

he came here asking for advice about D-League rules, not parenting

NoahH
02-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Im gonna try out for the Idaho Stampede

mdm692
02-21-2013, 08:38 PM

see above.

:facepalm: I can think of another person in this thread who probably was a credit or two short :rolleyes:.

mdm692
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
if my kid is living under my roof for free i dont care if he/she is 18 or not... He/She is going to school. If your son thinks he can do what he wants just cuz hes 18 tell him to think again lol... Tell him to finish school... If he didnt get any scholarship offers for basketball why does he think he could make a D-League team?
I'm pretty sure you need to have a passing grade to be eligible for a scholarship. For all we know his kid is a beast but is ineligible to compete due to a failing grade.

SMH!
02-21-2013, 08:45 PM
"So help me out can he still tryout without a High School diploma?" is asking for advice on parenting? That's rhetorical. Don't answer. Your comprehension is atrocious. He's asking a question about if a high school dropout can play D-league basketball. That's not asking for parenting tips. Quit being a dick.

knicks=love is getting torched lmaoo

yaswaggin
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM
he came here asking for advice about D-League rules, not parenting

The girl is your sig is so hot, are both pics the same girl?

rocket
02-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Great parenting. No need to pass high school!

Faneik
02-21-2013, 11:31 PM
The girl is your sig is so hot, are both pics the same girl?

same girl

izabel goulart