PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Have Traded Jeremy Tyler & Charles Jenkins

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 04:56 PM
I am hearing Warriors have traded Jeremy Tyler and Charles Jenkins ... conforming now. Bare with me

Most likely destination is to the Kings for cash considerations.

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 05:09 PM
The Warriors pressed “send” on a couple of last-minute deals to get under the tax. Doing so cost them two second-year players they once had high hopes for.

Point guard Charles Jenkins, who started several games as a rookie and proved reliable, was shipped to Philadelphia, according to sources. Tyler, the former high school prodigy who barely got off the bench in one-plus seasons, is head to Atlanta.

The salary dumps, which occurred just before the deadline, cut more than $1.5 million off the Warriors’ salary cap figure. The Warriors needed to trim $1.2 million to avoid paying the luxury tax penalty.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2013/02/21/warriors-trade-charles-jenkins-jeremy-tyler-get-under-tax/

Raider0510
02-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know what we got in return im guessing cash or a couple of second round pics either way I think this was the best move we couldve made without mortgaging our future

COOLbeans
02-21-2013, 05:19 PM
I agree raider. This move signals big moves to come

COOLbeans
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I liked Jenkins, I hope he gets playing time. He didnt play as well as i thought he should this year.

As for Tyler, I hope he stays in the league. He does have talent, just didn't get the big time opportunity.

ESaady
02-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Man, best of luck to them. Really wish we kept Tyler and let him develop down in Santa Cruz. Oh well.

Victimize
02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Looks like we got two 2nd round picks.

The Warriors traded guard Charles Jenkins to the 76ers for a second-round pick.

The Warriors have agreed to trade center Jeremy Tyler to the Hawks for a second-round pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1155855/charles-jenkins

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1831133/jeremy-tyler

GIANTS15
02-21-2013, 05:48 PM
They still need to dump 1.2 mil to get under the luxury tax ... So they didn't solve their objective ...does this mean we get to see D-league All star MVP Leslie ?

ESaady
02-21-2013, 05:57 PM
I'll be pissed if we cut Bazemore.

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2013, 05:59 PM
The Warriors will never see 2nd round picks we got in the trade. Everyone is reporting that the 2nd round Picks are heavily Protected and the Warriors have a slim chance of ever getting them.

so its basically a salary dump.

ESaady
02-21-2013, 06:07 PM
And I think this actually puts us under the luxury tax line.

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 06:14 PM
It does. But know who's going to be our backup Point Guard next season? There's no way we can afford Jack, and we don't have the room to go out and sign someone.

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm told Warriors were examining trade options for Landry, who has an opt out. Would've been a gutsy move to trade him

Marcus Thompson

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2013, 06:18 PM
The Warriors wont be able to make any moves until Biedrins and Richard Jefferson are off the books.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Guppyfighter
02-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Both Richy J and Biedrens are movable next off season. They are expirers. Teams love expirers.

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 06:25 PM
The Warriors wont be able to make any moves until Biedrins and Richard Jefferson are off the books.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Even then, we really won't be able to make an major moves. When both of their contracts come off the books, it will take $20,046,000 off of our salary. But in that same off-season, Andrew Bogut, Carl Landry (Assuming he opts in this off-season), Brandon Rush (Assuming he opts in this off-season), and Kent Bazemore are all free agents. Were likely to re-sign all of them at this point in time, so all of that money will go to re-signing them. But things will likely change, with trades, injuries, draft selections, etc. But the point I'm making, is were not going after a top free agent that off-season.

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Both Richy J and Biedrens are movable next off season. They are expirers. Teams love expirers.

Plus Biedrins is a servicable backup at this point. I expect allot of teams to be interested in his contract.

sfattahian
02-21-2013, 07:07 PM
In case anybody else like me was wondering how the luxury tax rules are about to change... this is from wikipedia.

Starting in 2013–14, the tax changes to an incremental system. Tax will be assessed at different levels based on the amount that a team is over the luxury tax threshold. The scheme is not cumulative—each level of tax applies only to amounts over that level's threshold. For example, a team that is $8 million over the tax threshold will pay $1.50 for each of its first $5 million over the tax threshold, and $1.75 per dollar for the remaining $3 million. In addition, "repeat offenders", subject to additional penalties, are defined as teams that paid tax in four of the five previous seasons. As in the previous CBA, the tax revenue is divided among teams with lower payrolls. However, under the new scheme, no more than 50% of the total tax revenue can go exclusively to teams that did not go over the cap; the use of the remaining 50% has not been specified in the new agreement.

Guppyfighter
02-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Season over. We needed our 4th string center to go on. I am not hitting the panic button.

GSWJunkie
02-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I didn't expect much this year, Beans/Jefferson are a huge ball and chain to our salary cap at the moment. Although Beans has been playing better lately, which is great for him and indirectly good for the franchise as he might be easier to move should he continue his decent play for the rest of this season. I can't wait to see what Myers has up his sleeve for those two guys and their very appealing expiring contracts next season. It should be an interesting trade year for us so long as we don't pull a freaking Larry Riley and waive an expiring contract or fail to put a trade exception to good use (should we acquire one by some means as I'm sure if we actually have one at the moment).

TrueFan420
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Even then, we really won't be able to make an major moves. When both of their contracts come off the books, it will take $20,046,000 off of our salary. But in that same off-season, Andrew Bogut, Carl Landry (Assuming he opts in this off-season), Brandon Rush (Assuming he opts in this off-season), and Kent Bazemore are all free agents. Were likely to re-sign all of them at this point in time, so all of that money will go to re-signing them. But things will likely change, with trades, injuries, draft selections, etc. But the point I'm making, is were not going after a top free agent that off-season.
True but we can sign a free agent then resign our own and go over e cap. He said he'd go over it if it ment a championship. This season not possible and those two wont get us there but in that offseason it signing some free agents then going over the cap might be the push we need

lol, please
02-21-2013, 08:36 PM
I'll be pissed if we cut Bazemore.

Agreed, but I doubt it. We need his post-score celebrations because there is a direct cause and effect relationship between his dancing and wins.

I am sad we lost Tyler and Jenkins, but Jerry West and co. have made the right decisions for the last couple of years, I have to trust them on this one.

lol, please
02-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Maybe this is just the first domino to fall in a chain reaction that lands us Monta again?

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Were not cutting Bazemore. Were already under the cap, and from everything I've heard, the Warriors really like Bazemore.

MackShock
02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Best of luck to Jenkins and Tyler.

As for Jack, as long as we are a playoff team, hell be back. I think at this point in his career, Jack just wants to win and isn't too concerned with money..though I could be wrong.

lincecum=future
02-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Either way if jack wants to win he can get a much better backup PG job with a better contender unless we make a run this season. I expect him to go for the most money though so he will be gone

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 09:31 PM
Jack's gone this off-season dude. He's going to get some serious money. I wouldn't be surprised if he got near 8 mill.

tonjappr
02-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Either way if jack wants to win he can get a much better backup PG job with a better contender unless we make a run this season. I expect him to go for the most money though so he will be gone

no contender will give him the pt or the freedom that we do. he's essentially a starting pg who gets to sit for the first few minutes. it'll all depend on what he wants.

Monta is beast
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
He could go to a number of good teams and probably start. He could go to Indiana, New York, Dallas, and Utah...

COOLbeans
02-21-2013, 09:40 PM
He doesn't play as well against starting PGs or SGs

But he plays great against backups

Guppyfighter
02-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Jack will most likely only command about 6-7 million a year for three years. Carl Landry was the only dude we shopped outside of Klay because they thought we couldn't keep Landry. If that was the case, Jack would have been shopped too. I think the intentions are to keep him.

SugeKnight
02-22-2013, 01:02 AM
I cant wait until beans and rj are gone

Leandres_sf
02-22-2013, 01:03 AM

Yeah, it'll be great to have the flexibility once they're off the books.

lol, please
02-22-2013, 01:06 AM

Agreed, especially Beans. I loathe him like I loathed Huff on the Giants when I couldn't wait to see him leave.

Monta is beast
02-22-2013, 01:07 AM
You loathe him lol?

lol, please
02-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Beans? If Beans was in the same pickup group as me in street ball, I would pick him last, even after COOLbeans and bigmac.

iFYouSeekAmy
02-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Meh. not like they impacted the team. Would have been better to see them develop down in Santa Cruz. Hopefully this is a sign of more trades coming before midnight

bigmac8675
02-22-2013, 02:07 AM
Sucks about Jenkins... I liked him. Could care less about Tyler though

Monta is beast
02-22-2013, 02:28 AM
The deadline was at 4 eastern

WestCoastSportz
02-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Here is my issue with this trade. Its highly unlikely that Jefferson, Rush and Biedrins will be decline their options next season. Jefferson is getting a raise from $10M to $11M while Beans stays at $9M and $4M goes to Rush. Carl Landry and Jack will probably want more money than the $4M and $5.5M they're getting paid now. Both have been solid contributors thus far so losing either of them is going to hurt either way. Curry's extension kicks in at $9.8M while both Bogut and Lee get $1M raises to their current salaries.

If the Warriors rather lose out on two young players than pay $1M in luxury tax, whats going to happen next season when they'll be nearly $5M over the luxury tax? Trading Beans and Jefferson isn't going to help with that even though they become coveted expiring contracts. Are they gonna suck it up and pay the tax or they going to ship another young player away for draft picks?

Guppyfighter
02-22-2013, 06:02 PM
You know easy it is to trade expiring contracts?

Anyways, the team said it is going to be a tax team, there are penalties for being repeat offenders and there is no reason to be a repeat offender if you can trade off two ******-*** players.

Leandres_sf
02-22-2013, 08:15 PM
You know easy it is to trade expiring contracts?

Yeah, Beans and/or Jefferson should be fairly easy to move next year.

WestCoastSportz
02-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Yes, Beans and Jefferson can probably be traded, but not many teams are going to give up nothing for them. There are restrictions. Not many teams will be under the cap and able to absorb such a large contract without giving out a salary that matches. So, even though they're easy to trade, chances are, they'll have to take back matching salaries which don't help much. Hopefully, they can land a player that is a disgruntled, borderline star player.

Guppyfighter
02-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Yes, Beans and Jefferson can probably be traded, but not many teams are going to give up nothing for them. There are restrictions. Not many teams will be under the cap and able to absorb such a large contract without giving out a salary that matches. So, even though they're easy to trade, chances are, they'll have to take back matching salaries which don't help much. Hopefully, they can land a player that is a disgruntled, borderline star player.

Plenty of teams will be under the cap. If it is possible to move Joe Johnson. It's possible to move expirers. Those are actually assets. If we don't want bad contracts we don't have to take them.

Guppyfighter
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Mark Cuban on the luxury tax, for you mack

"There are teams that 'go for it' that make you wonder if they've read (the new CBA)." - Mark Cuban