PDA

View Full Version : Morrow To Mavericks

rockbottom2010
02-21-2013, 04:07 PM
The NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA
RT @WindhorstESPN: The Hawks have traded Anthony Morrow to Dallas for Dahntay Jones, sources tell ESPN

ragman
02-24-2013, 07:35 PM
He's supposed to be a very good shooter. But, more important, I've heard that he's Dwight Howard's best friend. This signing tells me that the Mavs are going to make a run at Howard next year.

Rndy
02-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I've always loved Morrow if he is put in the right situation he'd be a dam good role player.

Howard has a lot of friends last year he was supposedly best friends with Boozer but had no interest in going to Chicago. If I was Howard I'd try to go to Nets with Deron, Clippers with CP3, Bulls with Thibs, and Wolves with Rubio and Love.

Derek Brink
02-25-2013, 03:48 AM
I've always loved Morrow if he is put in the right situation he'd be a dam good role player.

Howard has a lot of friends last year he was supposedly best friends with Boozer but had no interest in going to Chicago. If I was Howard I'd try to go to Nets with Deron, Clippers with CP3, Bulls with Thibs, and Wolves with Rubio and Love.

CP3 is a free agent as well. I don't think there is any way the Clips have enough money to sign both Howard and CP3. Brooklyn team salary is 90 million dollars for next year so they probably won't be much of a factor either. Bulls are better off at 73 million and probably will be a factor. I'm not sure what Minnesota's intentions are. They seem to love Pau so if they don't get Howard I'd assume they try to trade for Pau.

I honestly think the Lakers have to be the favorites. Yes KObe can be an overriding bunghole, yes Howard struggled early, yes the Lakers have struggled but if the Lakers can move Pau for a decent piece(Twolves offered Derrick Williams before don't know if they still would) the Lakers will have a solid nucleus for 2-3 years with Howard, Kobe, Earl Clark, and Nash. Plus the lakers can pay him more money and let's face it players love money. Lastly they are the Lakers and they are in LA.

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 03:54 AM
mavs made this is in order to pursue dwight howard...they will also go after josh smith.....

sunsfan88
02-25-2013, 03:59 AM
Mavs don't have the cap space to sign Dirk, J-Smoove and Dwight all to max contracts.

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 04:01 AM
Mavs don't have the cap space to sign Dirk, J-Smoove and Dwight all to max contracts.

are you sure about that?

look at their upcoming free agents

RESTRICTED
Rodrigue Beaubois
Darren Collison

UNRESTRICTED
Elton Brand
Mike James
Anthony Morrow
Dominique Jones
Chris Kaman
Shawn Marion (ETO)
O.J. Mayo (P)
Brandan Wright

and secondly, dirk nowitzki will be a free agent next summer....and plus...he's too old for a max contract....

AnthonyTyrael
02-25-2013, 06:22 AM
are you sure about that?

look at their upcoming free agents

RESTRICTED
Rodrigue Beaubois
Darren Collison

UNRESTRICTED
Elton Brand
Mike James
Anthony Morrow
Dominique Jones
Chris Kaman
Shawn Marion (ETO)
O.J. Mayo (P)
Brandan Wright

and secondly, dirk nowitzki will be a free agent next summer....and plus...he's too old for a max contract....

Anything can happen but realistically spoken... First of all whoever we might sign sooner or later, this player, if it's a considered star player on top, has to have the desire to sign and play here and I'm not sure how many guys in this league actually have that "desire".

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Anything can happen but realistically spoken... First of all whoever we might sign sooner or later, this player, if it's a considered star player on top, has to have the desire to sign and play here and I'm not sure how many guys in this league actually have that "desire".

mark cuban let go of jason kidd, jj barea, jason terry, tyson chandler, brandon haywood, caron butler, corey brewer and steve novak......he tried to get deron williams this past summer however that never happened....mark cuban is gonna go really aggressive on josh smith and dwight howard........esp. when dirk said he will be there for the next 3 seasons

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 06:27 AM

mark cuban let go of jason kidd, jj barea, jason terry, tyson chandler, brandon haywood, caron butler, corey brewer and steve novak......he tried to get deron williams this past summer however that never happened....mark cuban is gonna go really aggressive on josh smith and dwight howard........esp. when dirk said he will be there for the next 3 seasons

AnthonyTyrael
02-25-2013, 09:03 AM

We all know but just like Bron, Durant and Kobe he's not God nor a puppet player. How do you enchant human beings if money and perspective aren't the two things right now convincing anybody to sign here? You can pray it like a mantra over and over again, we have cap space, we have the soon to be 35 year old Dirk, who finally seems to be himself again but who knows when the next injury is there (seen it for two years ina row now, alarming) and besides that nothing else to offer? How will you convince, Jennings, Josh Smith, DeMarcus, Howard and/or others to move here? If you get one of them, it's going to be like a avalanche and you'll be able to sign another one but you need to get the first rock that triggers all the others first and the first trigger to pull, simply is and never was a signing of guys like Mayo, Kaman, Brand. No disrespect here.

rockbottom2010
02-25-2013, 10:08 AM
We all know but just like Bron, Durant and Kobe he's not God nor a puppet player. How do you enchant human beings if money and perspective aren't the two things right now convincing anybody to sign here? You can pray it like a mantra over and over again, we have cap space, we have the soon to be 35 year old Dirk, who finally seems to be himself again but who knows when the next injury is there (seen it for two years ina row now, alarming) and besides that nothing else to offer? How will you convince, Jennings, Josh Smith, DeMarcus, Howard and/or others to move here? If you get one of them, it's going to be like a avalanche and you'll be able to sign another one but you need to get the first rock that triggers all the others first and the first trigger to pull, simply is and never was a signing of guys like Mayo, Kaman, Brand. No disrespect here.

i know what you mean....its just that dirk wants compete for the title....hes not getting any younger and on top of that....mark cuban will try his best to convince the top free agents to join dirk.....he will have enough cap room to sign two stars....and on top of that...once dirks contract is up...i think he is willing to take less money in order for cuban to sign top tier players