PDA

View Full Version : Eric Maynor To Trail Blazers

rockbottom2010
02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
The Blazers will use an exception to take Eric Maynor, likely sending a pick to OKC.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Eric Maynor going from OKC to the Blazers is 100 percent happening, sources

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
OKC will land a trade exception for Eric Maynor, source said.

king4day
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Was he not being used? Can someone shed some light on the value for each team on this?

Baller1
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Was he not being used? Can someone shed some light on the value for each team on this?

Wasn't ever the same after the ACL tear. Third string behind Reggie Jackson, so he was getting no minutes.

Good trade for Portland if Maynor can get his game back.

rockbottom2010
02-21-2013, 04:03 PM
nice pick up for the trail blazers.....the thunder will use reggie jackson as their backup pg

Mr_Amaziing
02-21-2013, 04:06 PM
A pick???
Why not trade him for Hickson?

rockbottom2010
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Blazers will send the draft rights of Giorgio Printezis to the Thunder as part of the Eric Maynor deal

blackjack_119
02-21-2013, 04:33 PM
A pick???
Why not trade him for Hickson?

I'm pretty sure that Hickson is worth a little more than Maynor.

Bob_at_york
02-21-2013, 04:36 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Blazers will send the draft rights of Giorgio Printezis to the Thunder as part of the Eric Maynor deal

I thought the Raptors owned the rights to Giorgio Printezis.

Weird that the Blazers would acquire yet another PG. They have a lot of them.

BradyIsTheMan12
02-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I thought the Raptors owned the rights to Giorgio Printezis.

Weird that the Blazers would acquire yet another PG. They have a lot of them.

We only have 1 good one though. Plus, Portland waived Ronnie Price after the deal.

Mr_Amaziing
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Soo okc trades Maynor for a 2nd rounder and the draft rights to Georgios Printezis( Idk who's the guy??? )
Then we traded that 2nd rounder to New York for Ronnie Brewer

Ehh..

Bob_at_york
02-21-2013, 05:06 PM
We only have 1 good one though. Plus, Portland waived Ronnie Price after the deal.

they waived him? I hadn't heard that. Still... I feel like Nolan Smith is falling back on the depth chart and I would have liked a young PG like that for my favourite team.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Obvious homer for this guy, but I hope he gets back. Has not performed as well since his acl injury. He's in a good situation behind lillard, and Maynor is a pretty good team guy who has worked well behind a young guard in Westbrook, in the past.

Good get for a second round pick, if he can get to the point where he can run the second team offense, definitely worth it for second round pick in a seemingly shallow draft.

shen
02-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Soo okc trades Maynor for a 2nd rounder and the draft rights to Georgios Printezis( Idk who's the guy??? )
Then we traded that 2nd rounder to New York for Ronnie Brewer

Ehh..

Portland did not give up a pick. Only draft rights to that greek player. OKC also got a trade exception because Portland was under the cap and took on the salary without sending any back. No picks involved in the deal.

shen
02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
they waived him? I hadn't heard that. Still... I feel like Nolan Smith is falling back on the depth chart and I would have liked a young PG like that for my favourite team.

Smith can't play. He is really really bad. He has numerous games where he comes in and within 10 seconds of his first (often only) stint commits unforced turn over. He is just oh so bad. Possibly the worst G Portland has ever had. After Smith and Price (who was waived) we had no PG on the bench.

RipCity32
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Maybe they can give Lillaird less minutes now so they don't wear him down.