PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Crawford to Celtics

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:48 PM
David Aldridge via Twitter

Source: Wizards guard Jordan Crawford will be traded to the Celtics.

This has been a rumoring heating up for the last few days, Wonder if it's still for Fab Melo

jason17
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source: Wizards guard Jordan Crawford will be traded to the Celtics.

good move by both team if boston fans reading this Craw can score alot of points of the bench and make plays he is in a much better situation .

Fab Melo will get alot of playing time in D.C and might floriush .

xnick5757
02-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Its not for melo though

Kuya_Clive
02-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Crawford might get some tick there. He fell out of rotation because Beal started to play better.

LAKobeBryant
02-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Leandro Barbosa for Jordan Crawford.

xnick5757
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Nice move for the celtics

jason17
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
na huh really?. i was looking forward to him.

Swift Game
02-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow, so they got Jordan Crawford for nothing since barbosa is out with an ACL.

rockbottom2010
02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
free up cap space....

NickyNick
02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
I literally know nothing about jordan crawford, is he decent?

ManRam
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Wow, so they got Jordan Crawford for nothing since barbosa is out with an ACL.

Wiz get rid of his small contract. He wasn't playing at all. Makes sense for both teams. The C's had what? 3 guards on their roster before this.

Crawford has no real value. So this trade makes sense.

KniCks4LiFe
02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
a cap move. Boston stole a player for a cap move?

Swift Game
02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Wiz get rid of his small contract. He wasn't playing at all. Makes sense for both teams. The C's had what? 3 guards on their roster before this.

Crawford has no real value. So this trade makes sense.

I understand, but Jordan Craword is a decent player in the league. He scored a game winner against Portland on the road. He is a volume scorer and would fit nice on any bench. Lakers should have moved on this one. Good move For Boston.

greg_ory_2005
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I literally know nothing about jordan crawford, is he decent?

The biggest chucker in the league.

J4KOP99
02-21-2013, 03:36 PM
wgas? wgaf?

j-bay
02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
^and takes weird off-balanced shots.

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Jordan Crawford is Michael Beasley 2.0

rockbottom2010
02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Boston will send Jason Collins to the Wizards part of Jordan Crawford deal, source tells Y! Sports.

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2013, 04:32 PM
The Wiz made a mistake here. Crawford is a quality player on a rookie contract! Crawford is performing slightly better than Beal... but having those two in your guard rotation is pretty sweet I think, and Crawford can get a few assists and has a little more size than Beal.

I would have imagined that Washington could have at least gotten a first-rounders for Crawford as good as he plays. Instead all they've gotten back is nothing. Barbosa is out for the season and is on an expiring contract. They save a little money, but I think if their GM really tried they could have gotten more than an expiring contract for a player as talented as Crawford.

j-bay
02-21-2013, 04:38 PM
The Wiz made a mistake here. Crawford is a quality player on a rookie contract! Crawford is performing slightly better than Beal... but having those two in your guard rotation is pretty sweet I think, and Crawford can get a few assists and has a little more size than Beal.

I would have imagined that Washington could have at least gotten a first-rounders for Crawford as good as he plays. Instead all they've gotten back is nothing. Barbosa is out for the season and is on an expiring contract. They save a little money, but I think if their GM really tried they could have gotten more than an expiring contract for a player as talented as Crawford.

First off Crawford came off the bench after his injury. He wasn't doing to well. He then goes on twitter and conplains about his #s. The front office didn't like that. He then demands a trade. You guys only see talent, but you guys need to know who has the bad behaviors. That right there effects trade value.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Doc Rivers is the only coach (if there is one) who could get through to Crawford. If he can get him to buy in on defense, then there is a chance for a big get for the Celtics. There has been zero defensive scheme for the Wiz the past three seasons, until this year when Wall got back. They just needed to put up enough points to even contend on a game-to-game basis.

If he can improve his shot selection, Crawford is young, can pass, and with any defense, he can be a nice bench player. Worst case, bury him under lee/terry for a year, the get rid of him. Keep in mind, they gave up Collins (who has just been worthless from what I've seen and what I can gather.) and an out with injury Barbosa, who didn't want to be there anyway.

Parallel move for the Wizards. Win for the Celtics,on the basis of getting something for nothing in Crawford, and an open spot for Fab Melo.

Oh, and the deadline passed, and KG and Pierce are still Celtics. Biggest win of all.

69centers
02-21-2013, 07:45 PM
With Collins gone, we need a 4/5 bad now.

Crawford can put up points, however the question is how many minutes will Doc give him. Doc usually takes a while to trust new additions, although we only have 3 guards (not counting T-Will who is just on a 10-day), so Crawford should see floor time.

Super.
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
With Collins gone, we need a 4/5 bad now.

Crawford can put up points, however the question is how many minutes will Doc give him. Doc usually takes a while to trust new additions, although we only have 3 guards (not counting T-Will who is just on a 10-day), so Crawford should see floor time.

Oden, and Wilcox will get way more playing time.

ManRam
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I understand, but Jordan Craword is a decent player in the league. He scored a game winner against Portland on the road. He is a volume scorer and would fit nice on any bench. Lakers should have moved on this one. Good move For Boston.

He has no value on a team like Washington. He's not gonna play a part in their future, and he's not helping them out right now. Why keep him?

j-bay
02-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Chris Miller: Source: No other team inquired about Jordan Crawford except Boston. Hope this serves as a teaching tool for young players. #WizardsTalk Twitter @cmillscsn

Michael Lee: Ernie Grunfeld on Crawford: "He hasn’t been the happiest person, but he’s a good player & we wish him luck in his new situation." #wizards Twitter @MrMichaelLee

He wasn't happy. I knew he wasn't happy. We only had one shot to trade him. Its a shame it had to be to my other favorite team. Also you guys ask why the Wizards didn't get more. The stats are good but the attitude is the problem. The problem is when we look at a player, we determine that stats determine a value of a player. Thats only half of it. When I saw Crawford play this year I saw a decent shooter, however someone who would chuck shots. Also i would see someone who holds the ball for a long peroid of time, to the point where he waits till the last minute of the shot clock. He has a huge ego, and its obvious.

LASportsFan1996
02-22-2013, 02:35 AM
Celtics stole him.. No like for the Wizards

shizzle09
02-22-2013, 02:43 AM

wtf? r u high?