PDA

View Full Version : Are The Kings Still Going To Seattle?

RocketLoc80
02-21-2013, 05:17 AM
Is this a done deal or is there some compications to where now Seattle won`t get a team? I am all for Sacramento having a team but I hate when these so-called owners and politiians come out and say save our team BS? Where are you now when the arena is half empty. Those owners and politicians( Particularly Kevin Johnson) only care about money in their pockets and it be a shame of the Seattle ownership who`s seems like the busted thier balls to get a team back would have the rug snatch from under them because at this point Seattle deserves a team more than Sac does. So is this still going to happen?

PleaseBeNice
02-21-2013, 05:41 AM
You couldn't be more wrong

RocketLoc80
02-21-2013, 05:46 AM
How so?!

RocketLoc80
02-21-2013, 05:47 AM
You don` think Seattle deserves team after it got robbed of thiers?

JEDean89
02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
this isn't about Seattle being robbed of their team and that they therefore they deserve a new team at the expense of some other city. this is about moving one of the poorest run teams in the NBA out of a oversaturated market (SF is what, 100 miles away at most? Cheer for GSW, they are much better run) and moving them into a bigger market and more importantly into the hands of owners more willing to spend. The NBA needs teams to get out of these crappy markets and if The Supersonics suddenly become a playoff team one to two years after they move to Seattle I won't be surprised. This is good for the NBA, Seattle is a much more international city which will likely become a favorite internationally if they can get a young exciting team. If I'm Sac I'm trying to get bledsoe from the clipps and try and build around bledsoe reke and cousins. I think it was a huge mistake trading T-Robinson, who could have been a dream fit next to Cousins in 2-3 years time. I am sick of the Maloofs, sick of the Kings turning promising young talent into busts and just the overall culture of that team. They do have wonderful fans though I it truly sucks that your city was represented so poorly by the Maloofs. I would however take solace in that you have a wonderful nba franchise pretty damn close and 2 other california teams to root for if you don't like GSW.

mgsports
02-21-2013, 09:27 AM
April 1st Deadline and yes SAC still could keep them or even another city could swoop in and get them like KC or St. Louis or Tampa Bay.

NoahH
02-21-2013, 01:03 PM
90% chance Seattle gets [the Kings].

And there you have it

shen
02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
They are going to Seattle, done deal. League is just going through the motions as a sorry to Sac. This sale has been good for ticket sales, really think league is going to not ride that out rest the year?

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Lol at people saying it's a done deal, I actually think it's 70/30 in Sacs favor.. Clearly Seattle fans haven't been keeping up with the news. Go to the Sac Forum and read all 39 pages.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
this isn't about Seattle being robbed of their team and that they therefore they deserve a new team at the expense of some other city. this is about moving one of the poorest run teams in the NBA out of a oversaturated market (SF is what, 100 miles away at most? Cheer for GSW, they are much better run) and moving them into a bigger market and more importantly into the hands of owners more willing to spend. The NBA needs teams to get out of these crappy markets and if The Supersonics suddenly become a playoff team one to two years after they move to Seattle I won't be surprised. This is good for the NBA, Seattle is a much more international city which will likely become a favorite internationally if they can get a young exciting team. If I'm Sac I'm trying to get bledsoe from the clipps and try and build around bledsoe reke and cousins. I think it was a huge mistake trading T-Robinson, who could have been a dream fit next to Cousins in 2-3 years time. I am sick of the Maloofs, sick of the Kings turning promising young talent into busts and just the overall culture of that team. They do have wonderful fans though I it truly sucks that your city was represented so poorly by the Maloofs. I would however take solace in that you have a wonderful nba franchise pretty damn close and 2 other california teams to root for if you don't like GSW.
LOL because the Maloofs suck as owners doesn't mean the new owner will if they remain in Sac, their will surely be a sure fire sale of employees starting with GM and moving down to the head coach. Seattle is marginally better market.. Sacramento was actually one of the teams that made money the year previous to the lockout... You clearly don't know what you're talking about

LAKobeBryant
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
David stern said at all star weekend its all up to NBA owners to vote if it should go through. Seattle already did the paper works.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Also KJ, went to Houston talked to the owners and said that most of them were in favor of Sacramento keeping a team, all we need is 8 out of 29 Owners to say no and we stay in Sac... that's right.. we only need 8.

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
The Maloof just did a Dirty...

The team is sold and they just traded away Thomas Robinson away for basically nothing and received a 1 million dollar cash bonus in the deal. what a joke.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM
The Maloof just did a Dirty...

The team is sold and they just traded away Thomas Robinson away for basically nothing and received a 1 million dollar cash bonus in the deal. what a joke.

The team is almost sold, still needs to be decided who it's going to be sold too.

As one analyst said, If the trade was made based on money, it’s wrong. If the trade was made based on talent, it’s really wrong.

abe_froman
02-21-2013, 02:43 PM
yeah,most likely.all but done,the seattle group were informed of the trade last night and all,but it still needs board of governors approval(which they should get)and that will be sometime in march or april

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:52 PM
yeah,most likely.all but done,the seattle group were informed of the trade last night and all,but it still needs board of governors approval(which they should get)and that will be sometime in march or april

What makes you think they'll get that? they need 22 of the 29 Owners to make it pass, and if you're the confident than you haven't been keeping up on the information, and of course Seattle was discussed during the trade.. the Maloofs are trying to send the team their way.

shen
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
What makes you think they'll get that? they need 22 of the 29 Owners to make it pass, and if you're the confident than you haven't been keeping up on the information, and of course Seattle was discussed during the trade.. the Maloofs are trying to send the team their way.

Outside of your mayor trying to keep hope alive, majority shows just waiting for Kings season to be done as to not screw up attendance surge. Lame duck seasons are tough to get through but this one has been great attendance wise, NBA not going to screw that up till they absolutely have to.

shen
02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
And before you accuse me of just wanting a team in my city, I was born and raised in Portland Oregon, I am a life long Blazer fan and will die before I root for another team. I am just choosing not to stick my head in the ground as Kings fans have chosen to do under the direction of your Mayor.

chitownredbulls
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Is this a done deal or is there some compications to where now Seattle won`t get a team? I am all for Sacramento having a team but I hate when these so-called owners and politiians come out and say save our team BS? Where are you now when the arena is half empty. Those owners and politicians( Particularly Kevin Johnson) only care about money in their pockets and it be a shame of the Seattle ownership who`s seems like the busted thier balls to get a team back would have the rug snatch from under them because at this point Seattle deserves a team more than Sac does. So is this still going to happen?

you are really wrong buddy.......and Hell to the No do i think Seattle deserves to, "Rob someone of their team just because they got robbed".......Kevin Johnson busts his *** everyday to try and keep the Kings in Sacramento....Next time you decide to make a thread.......get your damn facts straight.......

chitownredbulls
02-21-2013, 03:08 PM

SMH...lol...your just ********.....lol....

ccg34
02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Man I just hope we get a team. I prefer expansion but that is out of the picture in the near future. I feel for Sacramento fans. I just can't stand those sacramento fans who bash Seattle because we may get their team. Hate the Maloofs not us.

shen
02-21-2013, 03:30 PM
For the record I think Sac shoulder get to keep team. It's just not going to happen that way. I would prefer people not make the mistake of thinking I am rooting for Seattle to get the Kings, I think they should stay in Sacremento, it is just my opinion based on the evidence that it wont happen that way. It is my opinion that the Mayor of Sac is just trying to give his people false hope and they are buying into.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Outside of your mayor trying to keep hope alive, majority shows just waiting for Kings season to be done as to not screw up attendance surge. Lame duck seasons are tough to get through but this one has been great attendance wise, NBA not going to screw that up till they absolutely have to.

Eh I doubt this is true, the Mayor wouldn't be this confident if it were true, Like I've said, we only need a small minority to block this deal, and I doubt Seattle gets 22 owners to say Yes.. There are a lot of teams who are not interested in moving the Kings to Seattle, and we have the funds to buy the team.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Man I just hope we get a team. I prefer expansion but that is out of the picture in the near future. I feel for Sacramento fans. I just can't stand those sacramento fans who bash Seattle because we may get their team. Hate the Maloofs not us.

I don't dislike Seattle, but I do dislike a lot of the fans.

shen
02-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Eh I doubt this is true, the Mayor wouldn't be this confident if it were true, Like I've said, we only need a small minority to block this deal, and I doubt Seattle gets 22 owners to say Yes.. There are a lot of teams who are not interested in moving the Kings to Seattle, and we have the funds to buy the team.

What makes u think owners want team in Sacramento more then Seattle? Outside of your Mayor trying to convince people of it. Seattle is a more lucrative option. I am not bashing Sacramento and am sure you have a great city, just simple though that more money to be made in Seattle then in keeping them in Sacramento. Given new CBA it all but guarantees all owners will vote to approve sale.

Baller1
02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't dislike Seattle, but I do dislike a lot of the fans.

Because we want a team? That's logical.

abe_froman
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
because owners dont care about plights of fanbases/cities,they always just rubber stamp these things(seriously when was the last time a move got vetoed?).i get your a fan and so are clinging to hope of a saving,but history is against you.you sound just like seattle fans in the final days ,but look what happened.

NoahH
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Lol at people saying it's a done deal, I actually think it's 70/30 in Sacs favor.. Clearly Seattle fans haven't been keeping up with the news. Go to the Sac Forum and read all 39 pages.

Seems like all Sonics fans are sure theyre coming to Seattle and all Kings fans are sure theyre staying in Sacramento. So what is it???

Must fall somewhere in between.

NoahH
02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
What makes u think owners want team in Sacramento more then Seattle? Outside of your Mayor trying to convince people of it. Seattle is a more lucrative option. I am not bashing Sacramento and am sure you have a great city, just simple though that more money to be made in Seattle then in keeping them in Sacramento. Given new CBA it all but guarantees all owners will vote to approve sale.

Yup. Wasnt it reported that owners would resoundingly approve the move / sale?

NateyB24
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't know if they are but i do like the fact that Stern called Seattle a great City at his PC at the ASG Hansen/Balmer also repeatedly get mentioned and Hansen seems to have gone into hiding.

By the way does anyone really believe Stern when he says that he won't let this get into a bidding war? If it came down to that the owners would love that it raises the value of there teams.

Seems like all Sonics fans are sure theyre coming to Seattle and all Kings fans are sure theyre staying in Sacramento. So what is it???

Must fall somewhere in between.

Seattle fans haven't gone into hiding its just that nothing is going on right now until April that's when we find out if they stay or go.

Do tell the info that would block a move from selling the team to Seattle Stern has already poo pooed the idea of legal trouble being a road block.

I have been up to date on the info i just haven't been posting stuff because i don't want to come off as a jerk.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Dale Kasler ‏@dakasler

"We're going to keep our team in Sacramento," mayor tells ESPN

What he said.

NoahH
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't know if they are but i do like the fact that Stern called Seattle a great City at his PC at the ASG Hansen/Balmer also repeatedly get mentioned and Hansen seems to have gone into hiding.

By the way does anyone really believe Stern when he says that he won't let this get into a bidding war? If it came down to that the owners would love that it raises the value of there teams.

Seattle fans haven't gone into hiding its just that nothing is going on right now until April that's when we find out if they stay or go.

Do tell the info that would block a move from selling the team to Seattle Stern has already poo pooed the idea of legal trouble being a road block.

I have been up to date on the info i just haven't been posting stuff because i don't want to come off as a jerk.

Agreed

Lakerfan8032
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM
My whole thought process of this entire thing basically boils down to money. That is all that the NBA cares about. And the sad truth is that there is more money to be had overall in the Seattle market then in the Sacramento market.

I live in the Tacoma area but am from the Sacramento area. I want a team to move here but not the Kings. That is the only major franchise Sac has. It would be great to have a team close by but Portland isn't that far away.

I would honestly be shocked if the move didn't happen. Too much money and the market is bigger. Remember, the only thing that really matters to the league is money. That's it. Not fan bases or doing the right thing. Only money.

I hope mayor KJ keeps fighting the good fight and pulls off the upset. And if the team relocates to Seattle it will be an absolute shame to rename them the Sonics. The Kings are an original franchise. They should at least be able to keep their name (or be rebranded the Royals or something). If it's changed to the Sonics then their identity would be almost completely lost.

And lastly, at least the Anaheim deal died. That would have been the worst. Three teams in the same market is just flat out ridiculous

shen
02-21-2013, 09:16 PM
My whole thought process of this entire thing basically boils down to money. That is all that the NBA cares about. And the sad truth is that there is more money to be had overall in the Seattle market then in the Sacramento market.

I live in the Tacoma area but am from the Sacramento area. I want a team to move here but not the Kings. That is the only major franchise Sac has. It would be great to have a team close by but Portland isn't that far away.

I would honestly be shocked if the move didn't happen. Too much money and the market is bigger. Remember, the only thing that really matters to the league is money. That's it. Not fan bases or doing the right thing. Only money.

I hope mayor KJ keeps fighting the good fight and pulls off the upset. And if the team relocates to Seattle it will be an absolute shame to rename them the Sonics. The Kings are an original franchise. They should at least be able to keep their name (or be rebranded the Royals or something). If it's changed to the Sonics then their identity would be almost completely lost.

And lastly, at least the Anaheim deal died. That would have been the worst. Three teams in the same market is just flat out ridiculous

What?

That is completely backwards and makes no sense at all. Sonics had actually been created in Seattle and been only name of the team. Kings started off on East coast before several other city's and names saw them to Sacramento Kings. The entire bold statement is completely back asswards.

imbetterthanyou
02-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Wondering when people will realize that a team bought for 525 million in a smaller market (Sacramento) drives the value of other franchises up more than a team bought for 525 million in a bigger market (Seattle). Therefore making other owners happier.

NateyB24
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Wondering when people will realize that a team bought for 525 million in a smaller market (Sacramento) drives the value of other franchises up more than a team bought for 525 million in a bigger market (Seattle). Therefore making other owners happier.

Even if Sacramento matched Seattle would be more attractive with it being a larger market Sacramento would have to outbid Hansen imo.

Lakerfan8032
02-22-2013, 01:52 AM
What?

That is completely backwards and makes no sense at all. Sonics had actually been created in Seattle and been only name of the team. Kings started off on East coast before several other city's and names saw them to Sacramento Kings. The entire bold statement is completely back asswards.

How so? Am I wrong in stating that the Kings are an original NBA franchise? I think not. They have absolutely no history in Seattle. Their name has been either the Royals or Kings. They have been in four different regions so them moving is not an abomination but I think their name (or something regal sounding) should stay.

Why do you care so much about the specific name? You know as well as everyone else that the original Sonics play in OKC now. You're reply has nothing to do with anything but pure homerism. You can disagree but to say that it is *** backwards is just ignorant.

Just be happy you're probably going to get a team back up in Seattle. What's wrong with the new team keeping some of their history?

ryder78c
02-22-2013, 02:09 AM

u my friend are very very blind to the fact ur team is gone bro sorry to say turn to GSW now its a 95% chance Kings are the sonics Stern said about 100 times sonics will be back by the time he retires and he has like a year left before he retires only people who think kings are gonna stay is Kevin Johnson(he's a idiot never have liked him) and kings fans everybody else knows it same thing happened to seattle so we know what they say to keep you as NBA fans

funny thing is in 1996 Kevin Johnson said he'd retire if he lost to the sonics in the playoffs and guess what happened hahahaaa he lost and he'll lose to the sonics again

i use to like Sac but nobody wants to go there hell my familys from there and i have family still there and i wouldnt go visit one of the most boring citys in cali i rather go to the bay where it stays crackin

ryder78c
02-22-2013, 02:17 AM

the other bidders wont bid over 525mill and a 425mill stadium in a state that is rapidly growing with people and we legalized weed we sell alcohol in stores,Night Life is getting way bigger,fan base(a fan base that will pay for the team over time),TV contracts,NBA Profit,Nike & Adidas only 3 hours away

ryder78c
02-22-2013, 02:23 AM
How so? Am I wrong in stating that the Kings are an original NBA franchise? I think not. They have absolutely no history in Seattle. Their name has been either the Royals or Kings. They have been in four different regions so them moving is not an abomination but I think their name (or something regal sounding) should stay.

Why do you care so much about the specific name? You know as well as everyone else that the original Sonics play in OKC now. You're reply has nothing to do with anything but pure homerism. You can disagree but to say that it is *** backwards is just ignorant.

Just be happy you're probably going to get a team back up in Seattle. What's wrong with the new team keeping some of their history?

kings are not original wtf are you talking about KC Royals

ryder78c
02-22-2013, 02:25 AM
i laugh at anybody that listens to kevin"im the G.O.A.T."JOhnson

goldenstater
02-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Even if Sacramento matched Seattle would be more attractive with it being a larger market Sacramento would have to outbid Hansen imo.

well the OKC left seattle left for a WAY smaller market so stranger things have happened. OKC is the 45th media market in the US.

Baller1
02-22-2013, 02:41 AM
well the OKC left seattle left for a WAY smaller market so stranger things have happened. OKC is the 45th media market in the US.

Well this can mainly be attributed to Stern and Bennett being gay for one another, and Howard Schultz being a total piece of ****.

goldenstater
02-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Well this can mainly be attributed to Stern and Bennett being gay for one another, and Howard Schultz being a total piece of ****.

i dont disagree, i still think it was the wrong move in the long run. it remains to be seen if a smaller market like that can continuously support a team if they ever end up being bad( they got a real good head start cause they are gonna be good for a long time). im not so convinced they will maintain that if they were bad.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 02:55 AM
the other bidders wont bid over 525mill and a 425mill stadium in a state that is rapidly growing with people and we legalized weed we sell alcohol in stores,Night Life is getting way bigger,fan base(a fan base that will pay for the team over time),TV contracts,NBA Profit,Nike & Adidas only 3 hours away

Bammer.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 02:56 AM

Stern and KJ have the same type of relationship you speak of.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 03:00 AM
u my friend are very very blind to the fact ur team is gone bro sorry to say turn to GSW now its a 95% chance Kings are the sonics Stern said about 100 times sonics will be back by the time he retires and he has like a year left before he retires only people who think kings are gonna stay is Kevin Johnson(he's a idiot never have liked him) and kings fans everybody else knows it same thing happened to seattle so we know what they say to keep you as NBA fans

funny thing is in 1996 Kevin Johnson said he'd retire if he lost to the sonics in the playoffs and guess what happened hahahaaa he lost and he'll lose to the sonics again

i use to like Sac but nobody wants to go there hell my familys from there and i have family still there and i wouldnt go visit one of the most boring citys in cali i rather go to the bay where it stays crackin

The Bay isn't far from Sac. Trust me brah. But you a shady mfer for not wanting to go see your fam lol

It's crackin in Sac too btw, you just don't know how to have a good time. I'll sig quote you after they announce the Kings are staying in Sac.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Serious question for you Sonics Seattle Thunder etc fans:

Since you are all like 1 billion percent sure the Kings are the new Sonics, does this mean you are rooting for them now? Like are you developing a connection with the players? You following my boy DeMarcus on Twitter? How about Reke on IG? (Last two were jokes, not really, go follow em')

I have a follow up question possibly.

NateyB24
02-22-2013, 03:19 AM

Do i really have to explain why this happened? Lol.

Ok i will if the Seattle Council approved a plan to build an Arena instead of try to fight it the 13th largest market wouldn't be without a team Key Arena is not a long term solution.

Once Howard Schultz sold the team there was no way an Arena was going to get built Bennett was taking the team to OKC no matter what.

Serious question for you Sonics Seattle Thunder etc fans:

Since you are all like 1 billion percent sure the Kings are the new Sonics, does this mean you are rooting for them now? Like are you developing a connection with the players? You following my boy DeMarcus on Twitter? How about Reke on IG? (Last two were jokes, not really, go follow em')

I have a follow up question possibly.

I am not 100% sure the Kings are coming to Seattle but so far none of the big time investors named on the Sacramento side scare me.

Balmer alone has more money then Mastrov and Burkle combined now if Ellison gets involved then yea i think there is a good chance they stay.

Kings Faithful
02-22-2013, 03:51 AM
I don't understand how anyone can support what the Maloofs have done to us. Pretended to negotiate staying in Sac with a new Arena while sleeping around with other cities such as Vegas, Anaheim, Virginia Beach and even MEXICO CITY. Promised the Season Ticket Holders last year they weren't going to move the team by calling them personally. Negotiated a deal with the NBA and Sacramento only to back out at the last second ultimately wasting valuable time and money. The Maloofs have been wanting to leave the city and cash in since the beginning. They are the worst type of scum. Sacramento has done EVERYTHING it could to keep this team and they still went right behind our backs and sold the team without even attempting to find a Local buyer. What kind of human being would do that? EVIL WRETCHED ONES that's what. This recent trade was just a cherry on top, a perfect summary of their franchise ruining escapades in recent years. Turning your backs on what used to be hailed as the loudest and one of the best fan bases in the NBA is disgusting. As far as money is concerned... if the Kings stay in Sac, the Hansen and Balmer group will still be around. If the Kings leave, the NBA is DONE in Sac. Their would be no recovery from such a heart ripping tragedy. No multimillion dollar arena, no Billionaire owners, no rabid loyal fanbase. If the NBA wants to increase franchise value and make money they keep the Kings and sac and find another team for Seattle.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 04:03 AM
I am not 100% sure the Kings are coming to Seattle but so far none of the big time investors named on the Sacramento side scare me.

Balmer alone has more money then Mastrov and Burkle combined now if Ellison gets involved then yea i think there is a good chance they stay.

Well damnit, the question wasn't for you then. I'm looking for those 1 billies.

Ellison bid on Warriors. He hath moar money den Lacubs but dey still sold to Laycubs.

Yes I know he bid late but you get my point. This isn't a bidding war. The offer is 340, now the Kings have a chance to present their offer. BOG votes on the sale and if the sale is rejected that doesn't mean they get to put in another offer. Da fack

Lakerfan8032
02-22-2013, 05:10 AM

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 05:44 AM

When the Sonics were getting moved Steve Balmer came out trying to scramble things together last minute (sound familiar) and people in Seattle were thinking that they wouldn't win the vote.

Then the vote happened and only 2 voted no. Paul Allen (Owner of the Trail Blazers and Seahawks) and Mark Cuban. Guaranteed you're not getting Allen's vote lol.

Also whoever said the Kings are original franchise is just wrong. Sac town got their team in 1985 from Kansas City. The Sonics are an original franchise. Not the Kings.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 05:50 AM
I feel bad ******** on the kings fans hopes but this is what needs to happen.

1. They need big investors. Right now they have "nameless investors checking out the details"... This alone sounds fishy and not very reassuring.

2. They need a arena deal. Their city already has a deal in place, but asking an investor to take an arena deal without any questions, or changes is probably not going to happen. Even Chris Hansen's amazing offer to Seattle took a little time to get done.

If Sac gets this done by April first they have a chance. The pendulum swings in their favor, but if it doesn't happen, and the vote goes through you're done. If you think the owners are going to stick their necks out for the Kings you're sadly misinformed.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 05:54 AM
I feel bad ******** on the kings fans hopes but this is what needs to happen.

1. They need big investors. Right now they have "nameless investors checking out the details"... This alone sounds fishy and not very reassuring.

2. They need a arena deal. Their city already has a deal in place, but asking an investor to take an arena deal without any questions, or changes is probably not going to happen. Even Chris Hansen's amazing offer to Seattle took a little time to get done.

If Sac gets this done by April first they have a chance. The pendulum swings in their favor, but if it doesn't happen, and the vote goes through you're done. If you think the owners are going to stick their necks out for the Kings you're sadly misinformed.

1 & 2 are already done. Lullz.

This is why MKJ is so confident. He has those both done, just waiting for the right time to announce it which is most likely March 28th as reported!

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 05:56 AM

This whole thing is wrong and stupid. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the owners will save you, you didn't pay much attention to the Seattle to OKC move.

It's okay man. I'll buy you a retro Payton jersey when it moves. On the house. From Seattle with love.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 05:59 AM
1 & 2 are already done. Lullz.

This is why MKJ is so confident. He has those both done, just waiting for the right time to announce it which is most likely March 28th as reported!

No he doesn't. Not at all. He "claims" he does. Yet doesn't release any of their names? What kind of owner doesn't tell you who he is?

Tick tock tick tock. 90% of the articles online or in the paper say that the kings have about a 90% chance of getting moved.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 06:07 AM
When the Sonics were getting moved Steve Balmer came out trying to scramble things together last minute (sound familiar) and people in Seattle were thinking that they wouldn't win the vote.

Then the vote happened and only 2 voted no. Paul Allen (Owner of the Trail Blazers and Seahawks) and Mark Cuban. Guaranteed you're not getting Allen's vote lol.

Also whoever said the Kings are original franchise is just wrong. Sac town got their team in 1985 from Kansas City. The Sonics are an original franchise. Not the Kings.

God damn you so misinformed. Steve Balmer last minute efforts does not = MKJ "last minute" efforts. He already has a arena plan approved by the NBA from last year. He couldn't get **** done because the Maloofs still owned the team and refused to sell to Burkle. Now the team is for sale, they sell to Seattle and don't even offer the team to Sac which is a city that has done nothing wrong! They doing errthang right!

Also the vote you mentioned was on the relocation. If the Kings get to that, no **** it'll be unanimous. The vote of sale however will be blocked which only needs 7 no votes. If MKJ delivers, which he will, there will be majority NO votes. Owners and the NBA do not like moving franchises. The Maloofs can't just take a dump on Sac and sell to Seattle. There has to be something wrong with Sac for this to happen.

Look at it like this. The ball is in Sac's court. All MKJ has to do is make a lay-up. IF he misses then yes Seattle can have the team. But we all know MKJ finna dunk that **** like he did on Olajuwon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifx_gRF-ouU&t=0m6s

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 06:09 AM
No he doesn't. Not at all. He "claims" he does. Yet doesn't release any of their names? What kind of owner doesn't tell you who he is?

Tick tock tick tock. 90% of the articles online or in the paper say that the kings have about a 90% chance of getting moved.

Why am I not surprised. You get all your *** "information" from these *** "sources" by these *** "reporters" so yeah go ahead believe in all that *** you want.

Kings Faithful
02-22-2013, 06:10 AM
This whole thing is wrong and stupid. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the owners will save you, you didn't pay much attention to the Seattle to OKC move.

It's okay man. I'll buy you a retro Payton jersey when it moves. On the house. From Seattle with love.

No, you obviously have not paid much attention to either situation, or else you'd know that the circumstances are completely different. There was an attempt to sell the Sonics to local ownership, which none could be found so the team was sold to out of state investors. EVEN THEN the NBA gave Seattle a chance by mandating that Hansen negotiate to keep the team in Seattle... Of course that was a wasted effort because Hansen had no real intention of doing so, but the point is the owners did what they could. In the current circumstance there was ZERO attempt to sell locally, not only that... WE HAVE INVESTORS willing to over pay to keep the team in Sacramento. The fact is, if Seattle had its own Kevin Johnson and its own local ownership group willing to put up the money for the team and a new arena back then... the Sonics would have never left. Sacramento has those things and it would be an absolute crime to let this go down.

The reason they haven't announced the investment group is because KJ is waiting for the perfect opportunity. He wants all the loose ends tied up and a squeaky clean arena deal. We have one chance at this and without those things this effort will be for nothing. Just about everyone in the Sac media and insiders close to the mayors efforts have indicated that we are days away from this information being released and that it will ABSOLUTELY be happening. Seattle has showed all of their cards, its time for Sacramento to drop the bomb.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 06:13 AM
No, you obviously have not paid much attention to either situation, or else you'd know that the circumstances are completely different. There was an attempt to sell the Sonics to local ownership, which none could be found so the team was sold to out of state investors. EVEN THEN the NBA gave Seattle a chance by mandating that Hansen negotiate to keep the team in Seattle... Of course that was a wasted effort because Hansen had no real intention of doing so, but the point is the owners did what they could. In the current circumstance there was ZERO attempt to sell locally, not only that... WE HAVE INVESTORS willing to over pay to keep the team in Sacramento. The fact is, if Seattle had its own Kevin Johnson and its own local ownership group willing to put up the money for the team and a new arena back then... the Sonics would have never left. Sacramento has those things and it would be an absolute crime to let this go down.

That's what im sayin!

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 06:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zBemJLqa_TU

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 06:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zBemJLqa_TU

Glad all the Sacramento fans really showed up for that one!

Really that's the worst Harlem shake I've ever seen. Couldn't you at least wait for ****ing daylight.

GrandDaddyPurp
02-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Glad all the Sacramento fans really showed up for that one!

Really that's the worst Harlem shake I've ever seen. Couldn't you at least wait for ****ing daylight.

Better than the one the Sonics fans did in front of the Key..

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Better than the one the Sonics fans did in front of the Key..

Gotta love bad jokes.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Well good luck. Hopefully for you KJ can blow enough owners to get his way. I don't see any factual evidence to this "bigger counter offer". In fact I'm pretty sure you made it up.

Please show me somewhere besides a Phoenix suns highlight (seriously lol'd at the fact you put that up) to where Sacramento have a 70-30 chance to keep the team. I don't hear a single owner coming out to say they'll vote no. I don't hear anything about these so called investors.

Bad basketball analogies don't prove anything with old Suns highlights. No Kings player ever dunked on Hakeem like that.

Did you see the video of Kevin Johnson coming back from the all star game? Like 4 people show up. Wherever Chris Hansen goes he has 1000 Sonics fans cheering him on.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 07:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5qCsXj_PsQ

Go to number 5, and have a good laugh.

Lakerfan8032
02-22-2013, 07:19 AM
What the **** are you talking about? Do some research before you display your ignorance. The franchise started out as the Rochester Royals in the 1940s. They actually won the 1951 championship (I think). They have been in Cincinnati, Kansas City-Omaha, then Sacramento.
Do your due diligence before you show how ignorant you are next time.

Lakerfan8032
02-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Repeat

imbetterthanyou
02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Well good luck. Hopefully for you KJ can blow enough owners to get his way. I don't see any factual evidence to this "bigger counter offer". In fact I'm pretty sure you made it up.

Please show me somewhere besides a Phoenix suns highlight (seriously lol'd at the fact you put that up) to where Sacramento have a 70-30 chance to keep the team. I don't hear a single owner coming out to say they'll vote no. I don't hear anything about these so called investors.

Bad basketball analogies don't prove anything with old Suns highlights. No Kings player ever dunked on Hakeem like that.

Did you see the video of Kevin Johnson coming back from the all star game? Like 4 people show up. Wherever Chris Hansen goes he has 1000 Sonics fans cheering him on.

Alright dog...you just wait on that announcement of our "fake" counter-offer. If that announcement never comes then you can **** on us all you want. When it does by March 1st as Johnson has repeatedly said it would, you can shut ya lil mouth and crawl back up in that hole you came from. Key Arena is gonna stay empty my dude. Cry bout it.

Baller1
02-22-2013, 12:29 PM
i dont disagree, i still think it was the wrong move in the long run. it remains to be seen if a smaller market like that can continuously support a team if they ever end up being bad( they got a real good head start cause they are gonna be good for a long time). im not so convinced they will maintain that if they were bad.

Yeah, I agree with you completely. The fans Oklahoma City are great... But as soon as that team starts to decline (in a ****ing decade or so though), then I think we'll see the long term negative effects of leaving Seattle.

NoahH
02-22-2013, 12:35 PM

+1

Baller1
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Haha, it's funny that this move is making Sactown fans and Seattle fans hate each other.

Shut the **** up, you're all mad at the wrong people. Damn.

imbetterthanyou
02-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Haha, it's funny that this move is making Sactown fans and Seattle fans hate each other.

Shut the **** up, you're all mad at the wrong people. Damn.

Whats funny is that all yall cried and whined when your team was stolen from you, wanted everybody's sympathy from Seattle to the East Coast, but then when youre stealing a team from another region its all cool and yall just **** on that city for making every effort and doing everything they can to prevent their team from leaving. Just. Like. You Did.

I hate the Maloofs. They are the reason why basketball could leave Sacramento. But the attitude of Seattle fans on this forum, twitter etc is whats driving me to dislike them everyday.

Baller1
02-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Whats funny is that all yall cried and whined when your team was stolen from you, wanted everybody's sympathy from Seattle to the East Coast, but then when youre stealing a team from another region its all cool and yall just **** on that city for making every effort and doing everything they can to prevent their team from leaving. Just. Like. You Did.

I hate the Maloofs. They are the reason why basketball could leave Sacramento. But the attitude of Seattle fans on this forum, twitter etc is whats driving me to dislike them everyday.

You mean Seattle fans want a team again?! Shame on us!

Doesn't mean we go out and start to hate the Sactown fans. If you guys are confident in your effort to keep the team, then congratulations... But just like how Seattle got ****ed in the first place, Sacramento will too. And again, that's not Seattle's fault. It's the business of the NBA's fault.

imbetterthanyou
02-22-2013, 12:57 PM
You mean Seattle fans want a team again?! Shame on us!

Doesn't mean we go out and start to hate the Sactown fans. If you guys are confident in your effort to keep the team, then congratulations... But just like how Seattle got ****ed in the first place, Sacramento will too. And again, that's not Seattle's fault. It's the business of the NBA's fault.

You just completely dodged what I said, I didnt say you go hate Sactown fans, I said you **** on us like this whole thread basically is about. I dont blame you for wanting a team. You should. You also shouldnt be in this position in the first place. But I cant stand ignorance like the above few guys namely the dude who cant decide if he likes the heat, sonics, or warriors. By March 1st we'll get a clear picture cause Johnson will come through. If thats still not good enough, than yes we will be screwed and theres nothing we can do. But to blindly say its all over is straight up dumb, considering Stern's comments ASG weekend and in the weeks leading up to it.

Baller1
02-22-2013, 01:00 PM
You just completely dodged what I said, I didnt say you go hate Sactown fans, I said you **** on us like this whole thread basically is about. I dont blame you for wanting a team. You should. You also shouldnt be in this position in the first place. But I cant stand ignorance like the above few guys namely the dude who cant decide if he likes the heat, sonics, or warriors. By March 1st we'll get a clear picture cause Johnson will come through. If thats still not good enough, than yes we will be screwed and theres nothing we can do. But to blindly say its all over is straight up dumb, considering Stern's comments ASG weekend and in the weeks leading up to it.

Well everyone knows it's not over... Because well, it's not. Anyone who says it is (on Sactown's side or Seattle side) is just blatantly wrong and/or just saying **** to ruffle feathers. Like Natey said above, I'm just gonna stay away from threads like these for the most part, until the smoke clears. No sense arguing back and forth as if any of us know what's really going on.

dirtyjay
02-22-2013, 01:14 PM
April 1st Deadline and yes SAC still could keep them or even another city could swoop in and get them like KC or St. Louis or Tampa Bay.

he said tampa bay, hahahaha

NateyB24
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
I know its hard to do Sactown but can you just please learn to ignore it? I have seen people do this on twitter and i don't even think these trolls are Seattle fans there just stirring the pot.

Majority of the fans here are excited about the idea of getting the team but there not going around trying to rub it in.

ztilzer31
02-22-2013, 07:12 PM
It's just funny that Sac town even tries to compare their situation to our. It's COMPLETELY different.

1. Seattle is a major market.
2. The Sonics were bought by and owner who claimed to want to keep the team in Seattle.
3. Seattle is an ORIGINAL NBA FRANCHISE. We were an expansion team, and the first professional team in washington State (unless you count the Seattle Metro's) We were a franchise team. Sac town stole the team they have just like most teams in the NBA. The best player in their history never even played for Sac. He played for Cincinnati.
4. You have 3 other teams in your state. Pick one.
5. We are legitimately trying to buy ANY TEAM. This isn't some mission to steal a team like Clay Bennett. We were going to try to buy the first team available. No smoke and mirrors.

Hate the Maloofs all you want, but don't blame Seattle. You guys aren't getting jacked you're getting sold. Completely different scenario.

SOS
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
I find it hard to believe that eattle doesn't get the team at this point. More $$$$$ for every owner and thats what it all comes down to