PDA

View Full Version : Harden scores 46 points off 19 shots. Rank him among the best scorers in the NBA.

JerseyPalahniuk
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Harden's stats tonight in a win against OKC (with only 7 players getting more than 6 minutes after the trade):

46 points, 14/19 shooting (74%), 7/8 from threes, 11/12 FT, also 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and block

IMO the top five scorers (EXCLUSIVELY SCORING) in the league are:

Durant
Lebron
Melo
Kobe
Harden

Where would you rank him? Any other players (Kyrie, Westbrook, etc) that should bump him off the list?

b@llhog24
02-20-2013, 11:50 PM
He's a better scorer than Westbrook.

JNoel
02-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Westbrook should not even be mentioned in these conversations.

b@llhog24
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Westbrook should not even be mentioned in these conversations.

Paying homage to the great one?

justinnum1
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
melo too^

ManRam
02-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Durant and LeBron are the only scorers this year I think you can undeniably say have been better.

And yes, that's a purposeful omission of Melo, Kobe and the rest.

b@llhog24
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
melo too^

Errr

JNoel
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Paying homage to the great one?

You know it ;)

mightybosstone
02-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Harden was ridiculous, but Lin deserves some credit in this one, too. 29 points, 8, assists, 6 rebounds and two HUGE threes in that fourth quarter run. You ready for a ****ing ridiculous stat? Harden and Lin combined for 75 points on only 41 shots, combining for 10-13 from 3s with 14 rebounds, 14 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and only 5 turnovers. Can someone please explain to me why Cleveland has a better future backcourt than these Rockets?

mjt20mik
02-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Liked his game, hates how much he "acts" when he gets touched. 14-19 is impressive though

tredigs
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Him and Kyrie are very close - Harding being better at getting to the line, Kyrie being better at just giving the ball in the 4th and saying "score". Edge probably to Harden.

KD > LBJ > Harden > Kyrie > Kobe/Melo > Curry/Wade/TP (All better scorers than Westbrook when it comes down to it. Not to bash RW, but since OP brought up his name).

greg_ory_2005
Ma nigguh went ham

b@llhog24
Harden was ridiculous, but Lin deserves some credit in this one, too. 29 points, 8, assists, 6 rebounds and two HUGE threes in that fourth quarter run. You ready for a ****ing ridiculous stat? Harden and Lin combined for 75 points on only 41 shots, combining for 10-13 from 3s with 14 rebounds, 14 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and only 5 turnovers. Can someone please explain to me why Cleveland has a better future backcourt than these Rockets?

Because, Dion "Base God" Waiters plays for them...

Verbal Christ
02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
harden is a killer. if he doesnt shoot it in your face, he'll drive and make you foul him. i am somewhat surprised at how good he is. im ecstatic as a rocket fan, but must admit i didnt expect this from him. freaking amazing.

sunsfan88
02-21-2013, 12:00 AM
OKC would have won if Durant decided to show up to score today. Even Sefolosha and Ibaka had more points than Durant.

DallasTrilla23
02-21-2013, 12:01 AM
The rockets are gonna be scary in the next couple of years.

b@llhog24
02-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Him and Kyrie are very close - Harding being better at getting to the line, Kyrie being better at just giving the ball in the 4th and saying "score". Edge probably to Harden.

KD > LBJ > Harden > Kyrie > Kobe/Melo > Curry/Wade/TP (All better scorers than Westbrook when it comes down to it. Not to bash RW, but since OP brought up his name).

Yea people sleeping on Kyrie, he jus gets buckets.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 12:02 AM

This. Watched the majority of the game, the Rox backcourt absolutely destroyed it. As efficient as I can remember.

PatsSoxKnicks
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
I said Harden was gonna beast when he was traded- predicted he'd average 25-5-5, which he is so all you naysayers that thought I'd be wrong can go shove it. Harden is making you naysayers look like fools.

Lin played great tonight too. The Rox have a bright future and beating OKC tonight- impressive.

b@llhog24
02-21-2013, 01:25 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?777917-Was-the-Hype-for-Harden-premature

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?774992-James-Harden-worth-max-contract

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?755160-Can-you-build-around-James-Harden-as-a-1-option&highlight=option

^Most of those guys are in here.

jerellh528
02-21-2013, 01:30 AM

I can see KD and born but to say harden and kyrie are better scorers than melo and kobe?! lol GTFO

Driven
02-21-2013, 01:32 AM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?777917-Was-the-Hype-for-Harden-premature

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?774992-James-Harden-worth-max-contract

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?755160-Can-you-build-around-James-Harden-as-a-1-option&highlight=option

^Most of those guys are in here.

Jesus, THAT many people said no?

b@llhog24
02-21-2013, 01:35 AM
I can see KD and born but to say harden and kyrie are better scorers than melo and kobe?! lol GTFO

You actually have an argument against it? Or you're just gonna keep making baseless claims?

Jesus, THAT many people said no?

Yea, had me kind of dumbfounded tbh. I'll admit I didn't expect him to be THIS good, this season but they're basically saying he could never be a #1.

Baller1
02-21-2013, 01:41 AM
There's Durant and Lebron.

Then there's Harden by himself in tier 2.

No other scorers in the league can combine efficiency and production like those three.

IKnowHoops
02-21-2013, 01:54 AM

No other scorers in the league can combine efficiency and production like those three.

Man I love Russ, but I think its pretty apparent that OKC traded the wrong guy

mightybosstone
02-21-2013, 01:59 AM
I said Harden was gonna beast when he was traded- predicted he'd average 25-5-5, which he is so all you naysayers that thought I'd be wrong can go shove it. Harden is making you naysayers look like fools.

Lin played great tonight too. The Rox have a bright future and beating OKC tonight- impressive.

I remember when you told me this, and I got chills, because I had never anticipated production like that. I told myself that if he gave us 20-22 a night with decent efficiency and maybe 4/4 in terms of boards and assists that I would be beyond ecstatic. But everything he does continues to amaze me whether it's getting to the rim whenever the hell he wants to hitting contested shots late in the shot clock to his incredible playmaking (one aspect of his game I really was not expecting). Honestly, if he keeps this up, not only could the Rockets be contenders, but he could be a legitimate MVP candidates in a few seasons. Hell, if I had a vote, he'd probably be my No. 3 on my MVP ballot right now.

Sadds The Gr8
02-21-2013, 02:04 AM
I wonder where all the clowns are who said he was overrated when he got traded.

jerellh528
02-21-2013, 02:06 AM
dupe

jerellh528
02-21-2013, 02:07 AM
You actually have an argument against it? Or you're just gonna keep making baseless claims?

Yes how about how kobe is outscoring them, and more efficiently? How about that? LOL!

IKnowHoops
02-21-2013, 02:15 AM

How did OKC not win it last year with all that fire power. Lebron is beyond great.

RollingWave
02-21-2013, 02:23 AM
In career context Harden is no where near Kobe yet, but 2013 Kobe vs 2013 Harden is a bit different.

b@llhog24
02-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Yes how about how kobe is outscoring them, and more efficiently? How about that? LOL!

He's not more efficient. Harden is also better at getting to the line and he's a legit floor spacer , so it only enhances his scoring value since he doesn't have to have the ball in his hand to score.

tredigs
02-21-2013, 02:42 AM

I don't know who you are, is it standard for you to just randomly make stuff up to try to pander to your point and then type "LOL!" to emphasize... being dumb?

nyyfan4life
02-21-2013, 02:45 AM
He scored 45 on just 19 shots against the Hawks earlier this year also. His efficiency is amazing.

jerellh528
02-21-2013, 04:18 AM
I don't know who you are, is it standard for you to just randomly make stuff up to try to pander to your point and then type "LOL!" to emphasize... being dumb?

Check the stats before you try to insult people online. This year Kobe out scores harden on greater efficiency. And historically Kobe is one of the most prolific scores of all time. And I don't know who you are either so what's your point? And to point him ahead of kobe because of one amazing game, wow you people are so finicky.

Heediot
02-21-2013, 07:38 AM

Kyrie and Harden will be pretty close and pretty much elite.

This situation is contingent on Waiters and Lin, the former probably more-so. Waiters has more upside, the question is will he fulfill it?

We also gotta remember that the Cavs duo is about 3-4 years younger in age. So Compae their stats in a few years to the Rockets duo stats of this year.

Heediot
02-21-2013, 07:44 AM
How did OKC not win it last year with all that fire power. Lebron is beyond great.

Miami is just a bad match-up. Their perimeter oriented game caters to Miami's strength of perimeter and help defense.

dodie53
02-21-2013, 08:05 AM
great great game

majmarcus
02-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Lol...welcome to psd. The Capitol of overreaction!!!! One game, and now he's in the top tier of league best scorers smh. Coming soon, who's better? Harden or Michael Jordan...

yaswaggin
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm gonna wait until the playoffs, but I'm starting to shift towards the "okc traded the wrong guy" club

Verbal Christ
02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
1 game doesn't make him a great scorer. How about a 26 ppg season? Stop hating.

Swashcuff
02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Lol...welcome to psd. The Capitol of overreaction!!!! One game, and now he's in the top tier of league best scorers smh. Coming soon, who's better? Harden or Michael Jordan...

You gotta be kidding me right? Harden has been doing stuff like this all season, you know ever since he became a starter. This isn't overreaction its a fact Harden is one of the best scorers in the league.

Carey
02-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Proud of how well the guy has played. I said this often in the Thunder forum he was the best pure basketball player on our team when he was in OKC. Obviously many disagreed lol

GREATNESS ONE
02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
OKC made a mistake letting this guy go.

GREATNESS ONE
02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Check the stats before you try to insult people online. This year Kobe out scores harden on greater efficiency. And historically Kobe is one of the most prolific scores of all time. And I don't know who you are either so what's your point? And to point him ahead of kobe because of one amazing game, wow you people are so finicky.

llullz welcome to the wonderful world of PSD :laugh2:

mightybosstone
02-21-2013, 10:52 AM
Where do you get your stats from? www.idiotswithawfultakes.com? Kobe average 0.1 more points per game on three more shot attempts per game. Kobe shoots a higher FG%, but Harden is a much better 3-point shooter and a better free-throw shooter, where he also attempts four more free throws per game. Harden shoots a higher eFG%, a much higher TS%, has a higher PER and a significantly higher WS/48. In absolutely no measurement of the word "efficiency" is Kobe Bryant superior to James Harden unless you're referring to the efficiency with which their teams have lost games this season (aka the loss column).

Kyrie and Harden will be pretty close and pretty much elite.

This situation is contingent on Waiters and Lin, the former probably more-so. Waiters has more upside, the question is will he fulfill it?

We also gotta remember that the Cavs duo is about 3-4 years younger in age. So Compae their stats in a few years to the Rockets duo stats of this year.
But they're two completely different situations. Irving is in his second year as the No. 1 guy on that team while Harden was the No. 3 on a contender the last three years and Lin was buried on the bench with the exception of one magical 10-15 game stretch last season. This is their first season starting and their first season playing together, so I almost feel like they should be judged on the same terms.

ManRam
02-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Except, for the duration of the season he's easily been a top 5 scorer.

MonroeFAN
02-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Durant
Melo
Harden
Kobe
Lebron

That's my list

Also, Majmarcus... considering he's been a top player all season long, pretty stupid comment.

c.c.
02-21-2013, 11:17 AM
And there's more of this to come!

SINCESTARBURY25
02-21-2013, 12:00 PM
When Kevin Love gets back the list will change but for now

1.Durant
2.Melo
3.lebron
4.kobe
5.harden

8kobe24
02-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Harden is the most prolific scorer in the history of the game.

mightybosstone
02-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Harden is the most prolific scorer in the history of the game.

No, he's not. But he's been better than Kobe Bryant this season. ;)

Money_23
02-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I was talking crap about Harden's game all last season because of the way he flops around to the line and gets so many calls. He still gets lots of calls this year but this dude has the game to go with it as well, now that he is a legitimate 1st option. I have never changed my opinion about a player this fast.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 01:31 PM

I think you need to check the stats. Harden has been more efficient than Kobe this year, pretty easily.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
how is anyone putting Melo above LeBron in a scoring efficiency ranking?

ManRam
02-21-2013, 01:35 PM
The one thing I understand least in terms of basketball sayings is the notion that Melo is a better scorer than LeBron. You hear it all the time. I just don't get it.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
The one thing I understand least in terms of basketball sayings is the notion that Melo is a better scorer than LeBron. You hear it all the time. I just don't get it.

I will never understand it. Because he has prettier basketball moves? So what? The name of the game is getting it in the basket, and LeBron has clearly done it at a more efficient rate than Melo, every year starting year 2. It hasn't been close for years.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Normally I would continue to brag about how spot-on I was about Harden. Today I choose to just sit back and enjoy the show. I'm happy for Lin too. Great win for the Rockets and now with T-Rob that team just got a little more interesting. Is Robinson a trade chip or a future starting forward?

Twins Fanatic
02-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Proud of how well the guy has played. I said this often in the Thunder forum he was the best pure basketball player on our team when he was in OKC. Obviously many disagreed lol

Still disagree, all I have to do is look at the highlights from last years finals and see that he was pure garbage and let that team down.

YEDN90
02-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Still disagree, all I have to do is look at the highlights from last years finals and see that he was pure garbage and let that team down.

Yeah, because most 22 year old players dominate the finals against the best player in the NBA and a team with other superstars and damn good role players.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM

Are you too young to remember early Kobe in the post-season?

KnickaBocka.44
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM

So are you always going to judge him off of a 5 game stretch in his 3rd season against a team that was destined to win?

KnicksorBust
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
So are you always going to judge him off of a 5 game stretch in his 3rd season against a team that was destined to win?

See that's the problem I have as well. It wasn't like the Thunder were dragging him through the playoffs. He was very good earlier in the post-season before having a bad finals. The wheels just felt apart in one series. We could dig up tons of examples of legendary players having an off series...

YEDN90
02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
LeBron has never had a bad series. Neither has Kobe. :rolleyes:

Things happen.

KnickaBocka.44
02-21-2013, 02:25 PM
See that's the problem I have as well. It wasn't like the Thunder were dragging him through the playoffs. He was very good earlier in the post-season before having a bad finals. The wheels just felt apart in one series. We could dig up tons of examples of legendary players having an off series...

I agree, and lets think about the guys guarding him that series; Lebron, Wade, Battier. The Heat were on a mission last year and were going to win the championship after getting beaten the year before. If Harden didn't have a horrific series then that would have been equally as notable.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM
LeBron has never had a bad series. Neither has Kobe. :rolleyes:

Things happen.

Did you miss the post 3 posts above you? Did you not watch Kobe's early playoff struggles, averaging 15ish points per game in his first finals (which they won), shooting a lousy percentage? It happens to the best of them when they are young.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Did you miss the post 3 posts above you? Did you not watch Kobe's early playoff struggles, averaging 15ish points per game in his first finals (which they won), shooting a lousy percentage? It happens to the best of them when they are young.

Difference is, if the players team wins it for them, it's easily forgotten.

sep11ie
02-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Normally I would continue to brag about how spot-on I was about Harden. Today I choose to just sit back and enjoy the show. I'm happy for Lin too. Great win for the Rockets and now with T-Rob that team just got a little more interesting. Is Robinson a trade chip or a future starting forward?

From what I hear The Rockets are in love with TRob and are not involving him in any deal. They tried real hard to trade up to draft him last draft too.

Sactown
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
From what I hear The Rockets are in love with TRob and are not involving him in any deal. They tried real hard to trade up to draft him last draft too.

Yep, they just bought him from the Kings.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Difference is, if the players team wins it for them, it's easily forgotten.

by the casual fan, for sure. Not the detail oriented, spends way too much time on this stupid sport fan....

Twins Fanatic
02-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah, because most 22 year old players dominate the finals against the best player in the NBA and a team with other superstars and damn good role players.

Well your 6th man, or the NBA's 6th man of the year should show up.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Well your 6th man, or the NBA's 6th man of the year should show up.

Miami put forth a great gameplan to stop him. Harden will learn from it, make no mistake. As stated above, even Kobe stunk the floor up his first finals. Difference is, his team had peak Shaq and company against a weak *** east opponent, so they won.

YEDN90
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM

I was being sarcastic.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I was being sarcastic.

damnit

Twins Fanatic
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I agree, and lets think about the guys guarding him that series; Lebron, Wade, Battier. The Heat were on a mission last year and were going to win the championship after getting beaten the year before. If Harden didn't have a horrific series then that would have been equally as notable.

It's not like the Heat shut Harden down, I watched the series; the guy missed wide open shots and was very hesitant about attacking the rim against a heat team with mediocre interior defense. As I recall, OKC was the hotter team going into that series.

Twins Fanatic
02-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against James Harden, just disappointed from that series last year and that OKC let him go.

mightybosstone
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
That's the question all Rockets fans are asking ourselves today...

Hawkeye15
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
That's the question all Rockets fans are asking ourselves today...

won't need to in an hour. I think they keep him for sure, and let McHale develop him.

Bruno
02-21-2013, 05:14 PM

x2.

...traded the wrong guy...

SOS
02-21-2013, 05:21 PM
1. Durant
2. Melo
3. Lebron
4. Harden
5. Kobe

tp13baby
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM

Lin needs to be more consistent for me to even mention him as a legit option for the Rockets. He has played a lot better as of late though.

sosa
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
harden is a top 5 player period.

1.Lebron
2.KD
3.CP3
4.Melo
5.Harden

kobe4thewinbang
02-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Ma nigguh went hamAs I said a long time ago, "Go Harden or Go Home."

sunsfan88
02-23-2013, 04:02 PM

You forgot about 'Melo. But after 'Melo, your right its Harden.

ManRam
02-23-2013, 04:14 PM
You forgot about 'Melo. But after 'Melo, your right its Harden.

I think he purposefully left Melo out. Melo is far from a shining example of "efficiency". Harden has him beat in almost every regard: FG%, TS%, eFG% and so on.

A simple way to see it: Melo averages 28.4 points on 22.2 shots. Harden averages 26.4 on 17.3. The latter is far more efficient than the former.

Tell me how Melo combines efficiency and production better than Harden?

I don't see how he does.

sunsfan88
02-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I think he purposefully left Melo out. Melo is far from a shining example of "efficiency". Harden has him beat in almost every regard: FG%, TS%, eFG% and so on.

A simple way to see it: Melo averages 28.4 points on 22.2 shots. Harden averages 26.4 on 17.3. The latter is far more efficient than the former.

Tell me how Melo combines efficiency and production better than Harden?

I don't see how he does.
Simply look at the their FG% numbers. Doesn't matter who takes more shots, as long as its a good %. Harden takes less shots cause he's better than 'Melo at drawing contact and getting to the FT line.

Melo and Harden both shoot 45% from the field. Melo has a better 3pt shooting % than Harden while is better from the strip.

As a scorer, I think I would pick 'Melo over Harden even though they are very close. As an overall player, I would DEFINITELY pick Melo over Harden.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Players always go HAM on their old teams after a trade the next season.. I remember when Beno Udrih went for like 27/5/5 shooting 8-12 against the Spurs when he played for Sac

sunsfan88
02-23-2013, 05:25 PM
harden is a top 5 player period.

1.Lebron
2.KD
3.CP3
4.Melo
5.Harden
Um he'll no.

LeBron
KD
CP3
Melo
Kobe
Parker
Wade
Rose
Dwight
Griffin/Dirk

Harden is a top 5 scorer, but not even a top 10 player because of how bad he is defensively.

alexander_37
02-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Simply look at the their FG% numbers. Doesn't matter who takes more shots, as long as its a good %. Harden takes less shots cause he's better than 'Melo at drawing contact and getting to the FT line.

Melo and Harden both shoot 45% from the field. Melo has a better 3pt shooting % than Harden while is better from the strip.

As a scorer, I think I would pick 'Melo over Harden even though they are very close. As an overall player, I would DEFINITELY pick Melo over Harden.

No .... just no. To disregard free throws is ****ing asinine.

astrosmaniac
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM

getting to the line IS the most efficient way to score. so literally the only thing melo has is 3 PT %. the fact that they have the same overall % despite this shows that harden is a better scorer from anywhere except the 3 pt line

Magic Bean Fury
02-23-2013, 06:42 PM
No, he's not. But he's been better than Kobe Bryant this season. ;)

Kobe has more ppg on higher fg%. Better scorer. Takes 3 more shots per game. Bailouts as 24 seconds expires accounts for those most games. Question is about best scorer.

seikou8
02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
He's a better scorer than Westbrook.

yup too bad he is not better at anything esle.

b@llhog24
02-23-2013, 09:45 PM
yup too bad he isnot better at anything esle

Being multifaceted doesn't always imply "better."

seikou8
02-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Being multifaceted doesn't always imply "better."

i know harden is better but its closer than people think

b@llhog24
02-23-2013, 10:07 PM
i know harden is better but its closer than people think

Agreed. For all of his offensive prowess, the Bearded one is practically useless on D. Westy doesn't have that problem.

ChiSox219
02-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Harden is not useless on defense and Westbrook is very overrated on that end.