PDA

View Full Version : Cavs starting 5

Redskins10
02-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I know they're having a bad year, but watching this game I'm actually quite impressed with the team. They're rotation really intrigues me. They seem to have a good young core.

Kyrie is Kyrie, Thompson is athletic and has a good motor, Gee is a decent swingman by todays standard, Waiters is raw but he's not as bad as others think and has some upside, Zeller isn't shooting the ball well but he's improving as of late and seems to have a good future as a stretch 5.

What's the Cavs future look like if they remain as is?

seikou8
02-20-2013, 10:40 PM
in two yearsthey will be very good

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
I know they're having a bad year, but watching this game I'm actually quite impressed with the team. They're rotation really intrigues me. They seem to be have a good young core.

Kyrie is Kyrie, Thompson is athletic and has a good motor, Gee is a decent swingman by todays standard, Waiters is raw but he's not as bad as others think and has some upside, Zeller isn't shooting the ball well but he's improving as of late and seems to have a good future as a stretch 5.

What's the Cavs future look like if they remain as is?

Some people were calling TT a bust after last season and he's really come on past few months, looks to be a solid player...Waiters has shown flashes of greatness, Zeller is having rookie struggles and missing easy shots he nailed in college, maybe its mental...the Cavs have a nice core and 7 1st round draft picks the next 3 seasons and they may add to that total, including 2 1sts and 2 high second this year....one of the biggest problems this year and last has been a very weak bench, recent additions of Speights and Ellington have greatly increased bench production...will be exciting to see, especially when LeBron returns in 2014. That team will be stacked!

ATX
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Some people were calling TT a bust after last season and he's really come on past few months, looks to be a solid player...Waiters has shown flashes of greatness, Zeller is having rookie struggles and missing easy shots he nailed in college, maybe its mental...the Cavs have a nice core and 7 1st round draft picks the next 3 seasons and they may add to that total, including 2 1sts and 2 high second this year....one of the biggest problems this year and last has been a very weak bench, recent additions of Speights and Ellington have greatly increased bench production...will be exciting to see, especially when LeBron returns in 2014. That team will be stacked!

I thought all Clevelanders hated him now. I just can't see him returning, but I could be wrong. Who the hell knows what he'll do. I'll actually be surprised if Kyrie stays when his contract is up.

celtNYpatsHeels
02-20-2013, 10:50 PM
New Orleans is pretty terrible... but Kyrie Irving is going to be a top 5-7 player in a couple of years. The Cavs team is very promising. Irving and Waiters as a backcourt is VERY promising. Thompson looks nice, but im not sold on Zeller (even though he went to UNC) with another lotto pick this year I think the Cavs are in great position for their future

bbcmillionaire
02-20-2013, 10:51 PM
they remind me of an up and coming pacers, but they have a legit superstar in the making where as granger is star,

Green_Monster
02-20-2013, 10:51 PM
They have some promising young talent.

Irving
Waiters
???
Thompson
Varejao/Zeller

utl768
02-20-2013, 10:52 PM
everyone on that team but the pg sucks

owner will prevent them from ever winning

RenegadeRiot36
02-20-2013, 10:53 PM
This team does have a bright future. The superstar is the hardest part to get, and luckily thats already taken care of. A nice supporting cast is in place as well. Once they address interior defense (biggest hole on the team and getting Varejao back will certainly help) and add a veteran wing, they can be very good. I would expect them to potentially get in the playoffs next year as a 7 or 8 seed, and they can be a serious contender in two depending on how this and next season go in terms of roster adjustments.

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 10:55 PM
I thought all Clevelanders hated him now. I just can't see him returning, but I could be wrong. Who the hell knows what he'll do. I'll actually be surprised if Kyrie stays when his contract is up.

Well the earliest he could leave would be after the 2017-18 season so I wouldn't worry too much about that now...you can do a quick google search to read articles that detail how LeBron has dropped hints about returning to Cleveland including sending his reps to talk to the Cavs FO to test the waters about a possible return...if you would've asked me or any other diehard Cavs fan two years ago about LeBron returning one day, we'd all say hell no! But how on earth could you reject the best basketball player on earth when you're trying to win? It seemed impossible, still maybe a long shot, but its a possibility, a strong possibility actually

CavsYanksDuke
02-20-2013, 10:57 PM

You're wrong and why would an owner do that?

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 10:57 PM

^casual NBA fan quote of the day....:facepalm:

kntresistheheat
02-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Cleveland should trade for granger. Or I see Kyrie leaving. "The decision 2.0"

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 10:59 PM

It's far more likely that LeBron leaves Miami in 2014 than Kyrie does after the 2017-18 season...

Cal827
02-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Good young team from the back court and starting PF

Irving is gonna be a top 5 guy
I honestly Believe that Waiters has a pretty high ceiling.
Thompson is the effort guy who could net like 15-9 per game in the future.

I don't think Andy-V stays after his contract runs.
Hopefully for them, they snatch up someone good for the 3 or the 5. Noel coulda been nice lol

kntresistheheat
02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
It's far more likely that LeBron leaves Miami in 2014 than Kyrie does after the 2017-18 season...

Awkward!

Just like lebron would never leave Cleveland right?

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Not high on anyone outside Kyrie. TT is going to be a nice PF, but they have nothing on the roster that will challenge for the all star game.

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Awkward!

Just like lebron would never leave Cleveland right?

As a Cavs fan, I can only warn you to not put all your eggs in the "LeBron staying in Miami" basket, you'll be left at the altar and cry yourself to sleep just like so many of us did on that hot July night back in 2010

ATX
02-20-2013, 11:33 PM
If LBJ does indeed go back to Cleveland, I'll wish him well, and enjoy the story line of his return in hopes of bringing a long desired title to such a title starved city.

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 11:43 PM
If LBJ does indeed go back to Cleveland, I'll wish him well, and enjoy the story line of his return in hopes of bringing a long desired title to such a title starved city.

Next year will mark 50 years since the last time a Cleveland sports franchise won a championship...the Indians have been close a few times the past two decades, the Cavs in 2007, Browns have had their chances...a lot of people forget how dominating the Browns were in the 40s & 50s, appearing in 10 straight championships and winning 7, because it wasn't in the Super Bowl era...Cleveland is STARVED for a champion, but it's not like we've been futile for our entire existence, just the past 50 years...I believe all 3 Cleveland sports teams are headed in the right direction, will be exciting to see what the next few years hold for the Cavs

SwatTeam
02-20-2013, 11:49 PM
I think if Lebron leaves Miami for Cleveland in 2014 it won't be met with much hostility in Miami. You wont see his jersey burning on TV. You won't see girls crying at the bar. You won't see the same response. Why? He delivered a championship to Miami. That city still worships Dan Marino and he didn't win them *******.

If Lebron left Miami, I think the fans would be saddened but I think they would be more understanding. A championship will do that.

ClevelandSpider
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
I think if Lebron leaves Miami for Cleveland in 2014 it won't be met with much hostility in Miami. You wont see his jersey burning on TV. You won't see girls crying at the bar. You won't see the same response. Why? He delivered a championship to Miami. That city still worships Dan Marino and he didn't win them *******.

If Lebron left Miami, I think the fans would be saddened but I think they would be more understanding. A championship will do that.

Also throw in there's a lot more to do in Miami besides watching sports, its a very attractive destination...plus LeBron wasn't from Miami, drafted by Miami and left without winning a title...Miami isn't as title starved as Cleveland and doesn't have as diehard fans as Cleveland...I didn't burn my LeBron jersey when he left, I didnt have one, I did sell my fathead in April 2010 just in case, its looking like I might have to buy another in a few years :)

SoCal Bob
02-21-2013, 12:03 AM

No the Cavaliers are rebuilding the right way. Their collecting young talent to surround Irving plus acquiring lots of first round picks to add to their nucleus. Also Granger is pushing 30 and doesn't even fit into their rebuilding plan.

b@llhog24
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM

Not high on anyone outside Kyrie. TT is going to be a nice PF, but they have nothing on the roster that will challenge for the all star game.

These.

ClevelandSpider
02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
These.

Do you usually write off rookies or 2nd year players this soon? Not many players come into the league and dominate right away ala LeBron James or Kyrie Irving...I'll chalk it up to you being a casual fan and not watching many Cavalier games...

SteBO
02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Do you usually write off rookies or 2nd year players this soon? Not many players come into the league and dominate right away ala LeBron James or Kyrie Irving...I'll chalk it up to you being a casual fan and not watching many Cavalier games...
I've watched a lot of Cavs games, and I share their sentiments. I like Tristan Thompson, and Kyrie is a given but you can't blame them for being iffy on their ownership and the staff they have in place to make the personell decisions. We've seen what they're capable or incapable of doing.....That said, they have draft picks at their disposal and are in a overall better position than they were previously, so we'll see. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you....

SteBO
02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
This is a story line that will never go away until 2014, but I'll tell you this I would be a little saddened but I wouldn't blame LeBron one bit. I'm a Heat fan first, but if LBJ were to go back to Cleveland I'd easily root for him if it isn't at the expense of my team. He's a great player and an even greater individual and to win a title for a city that's so starved for a title would awesome to witness, even as an outsider....those fans deserve to have something good happen for them for a change.

Blitzbolt
02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
LOL what a Garbage team that's a sad lineup if you ask me.

MonroeFAN
02-21-2013, 11:20 AM

This makes perfect sense. Lebron leaves a world champion, Kyrie stays with a team that has drafted poorly, and has never won anything before.

Gee is a below average starter, Waiters is the 2nd coming of Jordan Crawford, TT is a finished product, and Zeller is an average big guy best suited for an jeff foster type role.

All my opinion of course. Kyrie is going to be a stud, but I think he will eventually leave for greener pastures.

ClevelandSpider
02-21-2013, 11:29 AM
This makes perfect sense. Lebron leaves a world champion, Kyrie stays with a team that has drafted poorly, and has never won anything before.

Gee is a below average starter, Waiters is the 2nd coming of Jordan Crawford, TT is a finished product, and Zeller is an average big guy best suited for an jeff foster type role.

Again, see the comment where I asked if some of you wannabe NBA analysts always right off rookies or 2nd year players so soon...if you really can't see the reasons why LeBron would return or Kyrie would stay, then you sir are hopeless

Chronz
02-21-2013, 11:32 AM
This is a story line that will never go away until 2014, but I'll tell you this I would be a little saddened but I wouldn't blame LeBron one bit. I'm a Heat fan first, but if LBJ were to go back to Cleveland I'd easily root for him if it isn't at the expense of my team. He's a great player and an even greater individual and to win a title for a city that's so starved for a title would awesome to witness, even as an outsider....those fans deserve to have something good happen for them for a change.

Those fans dont deserve ****.

VRP723
02-21-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't follow the NBA much, but I'm not sure how Hawkeye can say they have "nothing that will challenge for an ASG" when TT at 21 in his first season with regular playing time next to Kyrie is putting up worse, albeit comparable numbers to a guy who actually made the team this year in Noah.

justinnum1
02-21-2013, 11:45 AM
once lebron returns they will be a playoff team.

ClevelandSpider
02-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Those fans dont deserve ****.

Spoken like a twat.

Thanks for posting.

mjm07
02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Again, see the comment where I asked if some of you wannabe NBA analysts always right off rookies or 2nd year players so soon...if you really can't see the reasons why LeBron would return or Kyrie would stay, then you sir are hopeless

So you're a legit NBA analyst then? :rolleyes:

Not everyone, and i'm sure even some Cavs fan, believe in this roster aside from Kyrie. You can't be so offended if others don't agree with you. But they definitely have amunition in 1st round picks and cap space to change that.

Having said that, TT can definitely be a solid to possible all-star player. He has that upside. He just needs to be more consistent and put more work. Waiters needs to do the same and he can be a star IMO and its undeniable that Kyrie is already that and more.

And if LBJ returns home so be it, wish him well and hope he brings you cry babies a championship. :cool: