PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nets, Bucks, Suns favorites for Smith

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/200994/report-nets-bucks-suns-favorites-for-smith

Looks like the Smith trade is heating back up. Who gets him??

SACNYY
02-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see him go to the Bucks. I've always liked them.

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Obviously Im rooting for the Suns, but the Bucks can atleast offer a star back in return with Ellis.

waveycrockett
02-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Makes no sense for Bucks they wont keep Smith or Ellis after this year

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 06:01 PM
I could be wrong but Smith seems like he just wants to get paid right?

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 06:02 PM
I could be wrong but Smith seems like he just wants to get paid right?

"I want to win a championship. I don't care where."

2-ONE-5
read that ATL wants 2 first round picks back from the Nets and they dont want to do that. Not sure how they think they can sign Smith anyway? Smith is prob best off going to Phoenix bcuz there will be less pressure and he will prob be able to get paid close to what hes looking for.

2-ONE-5
"I want to win a championship. I don't care where."

if that was true he wouldnt be publicly saying hes looking for max $$$

mgsports
02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Suns yes and before Hawks game tonight.

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 06:05 PM

He wants both, obviously.

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 06:05 PM

I think every player says they want championships but good point. That was my thought when he comes out and says im worth max money.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:11 PM
Why would Phx want him? Unless they give him the max he's going to walk, makes no sense to me.

Unless they're trying to free up cap space?

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Why would Phx want him? Unless they give him the max he's going to walk, makes no sense to me.

Unless they're trying to free up cap space?

The Suns offered Eric Gordan max money I am sure they will do the same with Josh Smith. You have to start somewhere and even giving Josh Smith max money they still have enough in the off season to offer another person a max contract.

ManRam
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Hoping the Bucks get him, and it involves moving Ellis. Then they can trade for JJ.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
The Suns offered Eric Gordan max money I am sure they will do the same with Josh Smith. You have to start somewhere and even giving Josh Smith max money they still have enough in the off season to offer another person a max contract.

Gordon wanted to play for PHX, and is young with star potential and plays at a high level when playing. Josh Smith is a bone head tweener who likes to shoot jump shots and get payed the big bucks.. I understand Gordon, but not Josh Smith.

*Silver&Black*
02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I think he will stay a Hawk past the deadline. Ferry isn't going to give him away and would rather let him walk I believe then to get Ellis or something in return.

2-ONE-5
02-20-2013, 06:29 PM
He wants both, obviously.

doesnt everyone?

SunsFanIam
I just think the Suns need some kind of scoring and Josh Smith can provide some of that.

Sactown
I think he will stay a Hawk past the deadline. Ferry isn't going to give him away and would rather let him walk I believe then to get Ellis or something in return.

I'd try to find a bad team and dump him for picks and a few young pieces.

Like NOLA and try to get Gordon, or GSW and try to get Harrison Barnes and a pick, or Charlotte for MKG and a pick

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Gordon wanted to play for PHX, and is young with star potential and plays at a high level when playing. Josh Smith is a bone head tweener who likes to shoot jump shots and get payed the big bucks.. I understand Gordon, but not Josh Smith.

I think Gordon just wanted the max contract. the fact the Suns offered it to him first and him saying it felt like home was to get N.O. to bite.

*Silver&Black*
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
I'd try to find a bad team and dump him for picks and a few young pieces.

Like NOLA and try to get Gordon, or GSW and try to get Harrison Barnes and a pick, or Charlotte for MKG and a pick

I don't even care about the pick, I would love to get MKG anyway I could on the Hawks. Don't know if Bobcats would want to trade him though for Smith.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't even care about the pick, I would love to get MKG anyway I could on the Hawks. Don't know if Bobcats would want to trade him though for Smith.

I'd still be making that call, I'm sure Jordan desperately wants out of sucking lol..

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
I think Gordon just wanted the max contract. the fact the Suns offered it to him first and him saying it felt like home was to get N.O. to bite.

I really don't think he wanted NOLA to bite, He's halfway through his first season on this contract and is ready to be dealt, I'm not saying he faked his injury, but he wasn't trying to get back ASAP.

*Silver&Black*
02-20-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd still be making that call, I'm sure Jordan desperately wants out of sucking lol..

It is Jordan and he could do the trade to get somebody there, so I could see him trading MKG for Josh Smith. Hope something like that happens. Bobcats has been rumored to want Smith, just didn't know if we could get MKG.

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM

MKG is the best peice to get out of sucking tho lol. I know Jordan hasnt been the best but he has to know better than trade MKG for Smith lol....

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
It is Jordan and he could do the trade to get somebody there, so I could see him trading MKG for Josh Smith. Hope something like that happens. Bobcats has been rumored to want Smith, just didn't know if we could get MKG.

Not a bad offer IMO I'd definitely try to land Henderson or a few other pieces as well.. The trades I posted make the most sense for you guys..

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I really don't think he wanted NOLA to bite, He's halfway through his first season on this contract and is ready to be dealt, I'm not saying he faked his injury, but he wasn't trying to get back ASAP.

Yeah that could be true but besides the Suns I dont remember anyone else offering the max was there?

Master Mind
02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
The Suns can offer the best offer.

*Silver&Black*
02-20-2013, 06:57 PM
The Suns can offer the best offer.

the Suns 1st round pick

SunsFanIam
02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
the Suns 1st round pick

Id do maybe the Lakers since its not a sure thing he would resign with us.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
MKG is the best peice to get out of sucking tho lol. I know Jordan hasnt been the best but he has to know better than trade MKG for Smith lol....

They were interested in Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the trigger on a deal focused around MKG.

*Silver&Black*
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
They were interested in Smith, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the trigger on a deal focused around MKG.

Also since they literally have nothing else but draft picks.

D-Leethal
02-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Crazy that in the right FA situations, certain guys are just crazy coveted way above their worth. Smith is going to have multiple teams looking to toss max dough at him, thats just insane. All about supply and demand. Right now theres little supply of available elite talents and the demand is high - Smoove is gonna get paid and some team is going to deeply regret it in a year or 2.

reffahead
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Crazy that in the right FA situations, certain guys are just crazy coveted way above their worth. Smith is going to have multiple teams looking to toss max dough at him, thats just insane. All about supply and demand. Right now theres little supply of available elite talents and the demand is high - Smoove is gonna get paid and some team is going to deeply regret it in a year or 2.

Meh comparing both he and Amare. Josh contributes in all facets of the game. Plays through injuries and heals even faster during them. If Stoudemire can get paid 100 million, Josh can get around 80 million. His drive to compete is really high it's just he tries extra hard which is a role that he can't fill.