PDA

View Full Version : Source: Eric Gordon for Klay Thompson is at a "more than exploratory" stage.

JNoel
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Sam Amico:

FYI: Source says trade talks involving Hornets G Eric Gordon and Warriors G Klay Thompson are at "more than exploratory" stage. @SamAmicoFSO

Interesting.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 04:43 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Harrison Barnes would also be included

JNoel
02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Harrison Barnes would also be included

That would be awful from Golden State's perspective. Why trade 2 young gems for an injury prone, max-contract guy?

Hellcrooner
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
curry+gordon.............looks like something that WONT work.

ewing
02-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Why in the hell would GS do this?

ManRam
02-20-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm still high on EG. Barnes and Thompson might be too much though. I think Curry and EG can coexist.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Wow warriors get raped ... what do they wanna have the team with most injury prone players ? Bogut curry and Gordon?

teddygreen17
If I was GS..i would leave their team be...they are up and coming..if they played any DEFENSE..they'd be scary.

futureman
The warriors would be stupid to do this trade. That's what I'm counting on. hahahaha.

mgsports
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Young for Young but then can't trade Richard Jefferson.

JNoel
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
If Gordon can actually play, it would be worth it for JUST Klay Thompson and perhaps a draft pick or prospect but nowhere near Harrison Barnes being included.

MackShock
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Trade away our future for another 6 foot 3 undersized scoring shooting guard? No thanks. We jut got rid of one. Plus i dont like EJ's work ethic. He basically said to hell with the Hornets and quit on them after he got traded.

shep33
02-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't do it if I were Gstate.

AlexTmz2
02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
This would be horrible for GS. I'm a big Klay Thompson fan and I think GS should keep the knock down shooter.

He's developing into a nice player. Why would this even be brought up?

ewing
02-20-2013, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't trade Klay for Gordon straight up. Klay is legit and will get better, plus he 6'7, younger, and isn't injury plagued. I'm surprised anyone would consider this deal

JNoel
02-20-2013, 05:03 PM
If Warriors were to make trade, it'd have to involve contract of either Richard Jefferson or Andris Biedrins, league sources say.

So they are trying to unload Jefferson or Biendris, but taking on Eric Gordon's contract? Things aren't adding up.

ewing
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM
So they are trying to unload Jefferson or Biendris, but taking on Eric Gordon's contract? Things aren't adding up.

I think its BS

AlexTmz2
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Reports in recent days have New Orleans Hornets asking Golden State for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes in return for Eric Gordon, which could very well be more than the Warriors are willing to give up.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/

They want Barnes too?

The Pelicans F/O be smoking that kryptakronakunnalite.

Corey
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Comprehend.

They're not necessarily TRYING to unload Jefferson or Beans...They'd just have to include one of them along with Thompson to make salaries match.

Also, paying Biedrins a ton of money is different than paying Eric Gordon a ton of money. One is an all-star caliber guard and the other is a scrub reserve big man.

I think Curry-Gordon would be really fun to watch, personally. I do like Klay a whole lot though. I'm not sure I'd disrupt what's happening in GS if I were them. Let the young guys develop..

sfattahian
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
omg worst trade in warriors history. how many sick notes do you want on one team?

Lake_Show2416
02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Warriors would be too small, Klay fits any teams playing style& is only in his 2nd year, If Gordon didn't have his injury scares i would probably do it cuz hes explosive with star potential

+ Bean's contract becomes a big asset next year

ESaady
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
**** the world.

ESaady
02-20-2013, 05:11 PM
This would be idiotic by Golden State. Being a fan of this team makes me cry at night :(

JAZZNC
02-20-2013, 05:13 PM
This has to be a joke right? Why in the hell would they trade away their young TALENTED players who may end up better than Gordon (not a stretch at all) for a guy who's injury prone?

esscobar05
02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
omg worst trade in warriors history. how many sick notes do you want on one team?

I beg to differ...
1980 - The W's traded Robert Parrish and the no#3 pick in which Boston used to get Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carroll and Ricky Brown.. Now that is the worst trade in NBA history!!

JNoel
02-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Comprehend.

They're not necessarily TRYING to unload Jefferson or Beans...They'd just have to include one of them along with Thompson to make salaries match.

Also, paying Biedrins a ton of money is different than paying Eric Gordon a ton of money. One is an all-star caliber guard and the other is a scrub reserve big man.

I think Curry-Gordon would be really fun to watch, personally. I do like Klay a whole lot though. I'm not sure I'd disrupt what's happening in GS if I were them. Let the young guys develop..

That's common logic, I know the salaries have to match, but I'm just wondering why GS is giving up Thompson and Barnes just so they can receive an injury prone/max-salary guy. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

akesh99
02-20-2013, 05:19 PM
They just got rid of Monta why would they want another undersized scoring 2 guard?? Klay is a nice fit beside Steph they shouldnt be messing with chemistry they should be letting those two grow together

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 05:21 PM
They just got rid of Monta why would they want another undersized scoring 2 guard?? Klay is a nice fit beside Steph they shouldnt be messing with chemistry they should be letting those two grow together
I don't want to do this deal either but Gordon isn't inefficient and it's unfair to compare him to Monta.

Nighthawk
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Oh how Gordons stock has dropped...

I like Gordon much better than Thompson. Why would GSW trade a young talented player? (Klay is 23) Because Gordon is only 24 and more talented. Sure Klay is a better shooter. But i like Gordons all around game better. Why we acting like Gordon is a bum here?
Curry
Gordon
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

thats a nice core

jrm2054
02-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Clay and barnes is to much

Corey
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
That's common logic, I know the salaries have to match, but I'm just wondering why GS is giving up Thompson and Barnes just so they can receive an injury prone/max-salary guy. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

First of all, the main report said nothing about Barnes being included.

Second of all, they're obviously higher on Eric Gordon than they are on Klay Thompson (I probably would be too if I were a GM).

Klay has a ton of potential, but Gordon is a legit all-star caliber player right now if he's healthy (Big IF).

If I'm trading Klay and Biedrins for Gordon, I'd feel pretty comfortable if I was GSW.

Nighthawk
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
it wouldnt be thompson and barnes. come on now. MAYBE klay and picks for gordon.

JNoel
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
First of all, the main report said nothing about Barnes being included.

Second of all, they're obviously higher on Eric Gordon than they are on Klay Thompson (I probably would be too if I were a GM).

Klay has a ton of potential, but Gordon is a legit all-star caliber player right now if he's healthy (Big IF).

If I'm trading Klay and Biedrins for Gordon, I'd feel pretty comfortable if I was GSW.

True. As I said in an above post, just Thompson and draft picks/fillers for Gordon would be a more suitable trade for GS. If they included Barnes, forget about it then.

bougiemon 7
02-20-2013, 05:36 PM
The Sixers could use Klay Thompson! For Evan Turner, anyone?!!! :clap:

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
The Sixers could use Klay Thompson! For Evan Turner, anyone?!!! :clap:

We don't want Turner.

Chronz
02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
curry+gordon.............looks like something that WONT work.
It does seem like Klay would be the better fit but the partnerships not working as well as I thought.
Gordon is legit when healthy

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 05:44 PM
It does seem like Klay would be the better fit but the partnerships not working as well as I thought.
Gordon is legit when healthy

Nah it's working.

This trade has very high risk, very high reward written all over it.

bougiemon 7
02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Didn't think so, but just checking. Turner-overville is ours 'til we can find a sucker... ;)

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 06:11 PM
It is Klay Thompson's bobble head tonight. lol

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:12 PM
It is Klay Thompson's bobble head tonight. lol

Could be the last one ever lol

DR_1
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Don't get the hate from Golden State's end. When healthy, Gordon is a pretty phenomenal player. Gordon for just Klay makes sense to me, Hornets get younger and Warriors get better.

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 07:02 PM
The trade proposed has been Gordon for Thompson & Jefferson/Biedrins. Highly doubt this happens though.

Vinny642
02-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I would take Klay and Barnes in a minute

JeffG20
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
I would take Klay and Barnes in a minute

as would i but we aint getting both lol. im pretty happy with Klay/jefferson.

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Your high as **** if you think your getting Thompson and Barnes for an undersized, injury prone player, with a bad contract, that has never been apart of a winning team. Your getting Thompson and Biedrins or Jefferson, if it does happen, which I hope it doesn't.

D-Leethal
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
I guess Gordon is more of a go-to scorer whereas Klay is a curl screen/spot shooter type guy. Looks like they want a guy who can create his own offense and a guy who's a bit more explosive.

Vinny642
02-20-2013, 07:20 PM
i think we can do klay and barnes for aminu and gordon

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 07:21 PM
No dude your not getting Barnes. Thompson for Gordon is a questionable deal for us, why would we give you Barnes as well. Get real dude.

kylem4711
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Don't get the hate from Golden State's end. When healthy, Gordon is a pretty phenomenal player. Gordon for just Klay makes sense to me, Hornets get younger and Warriors get better.

gordon just doesnt stay healthy though. period

Vinny642
02-20-2013, 07:25 PM
I cant wait to have Barnes and Klay on the roster

LakersA's49ers
02-20-2013, 07:26 PM
id be sick if i were a dubs fan

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
id be sick if i were a dubs fan

That's why I don't think this will happen. Thompson has much more potential than Gordon. He's bigger, already a better defender, better rebounder, he just needs to learn how to finish around the rim, drive more, and develop a post game.

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
I guess Gordon is more of a go-to scorer whereas Klay is a curl screen/spot shooter type guy. Looks like they want a guy who can create his own offense and a guy who's a bit more explosive.

Klay can create his own shot. They want a guy who is better. They have to think Gordon will be better in the end if they make this trade.

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 07:30 PM
That's why I don't think this will happen. Thompson has much more potential than Gordon. He's bigger, already a better defender, better rebounder, he just needs to learn how to finish around the rim, drive more, and develop a post game.

I am sick thinking about the trade. Gordon has more upside though. Athleticism and all the tools. You can be a short great defender. Chris Paul for example.

BUt yes, Klay is someone I want to keep.

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 07:47 PM
If this trade does happen, I will be extremely disappointed. It's a panic move. If the Warriors had gone 3-3 in the last 6, no way in hell this trade would even be considered.

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Not to mention we have 16 of our last 22 games at home. We can easily go 16-6, and end up with the 5th seed, possibly the 4th.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2013, 07:49 PM
I thought the Hornets weren't allowed to trade Gordon until the offseason because they matched a sign-and-trade?

At any rate, if I was the Warriors I would stick with Klay. I think he will end up having the better career. To many questions to me about Gordon's health and perhaps his commitment to the game as well. Also, he doesn't have the size that Klay has.

If I was a GM, I would take Klay over Gordon 7 days a week, not to mention the fact that he is far more affordable right now, being under a rookie contract.

D-Leethal
02-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Klay can create his own shot. They want a guy who is better. They have to think Gordon will be better in the end if they make this trade.

Being crafty enough to create your own shot and being a go to scorer are sort of like different sides of the same coin. I don't think you could make Klay a Go to scorer on a team, a #1 option type (not sure Gordon is either, but I think you have enough other options where he can just be the main perimeter guy - not THE defacto guy). I don't think hes athletically imposing enough to create his own looks against great defenses whenever he wants it like a Gordon can. Athleticism is almost a prerequisite for all star, #1 option type wings in the NBA, because your always going to have elite freakish athletes assigned with the task of D-ing you up. It takes an incredibly smart player or a ton of great screens to overcome that athletic deficit against the D on a nightly basis to create offense for yourself and others.

Either way, I'm not sure I like the trade for GS, and hell no if Barnes is involved. I always thought Gordon was a bit overrated and his injuries are a very big red flag, especially with Steph Curry's ankles in the same backcourt. I think Barnes is gonna be better than them both in a couple years anyway.

SeoulBeatz
02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
i'd be hesitant over just Klay for EG straight up, let alone Klay AND Barnes.

No deal for GS

Vinny642
02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Monta dude, relax

ThaDubs
02-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I hate this idea... if anybody's getting traded I think all GSW fans know it's Klay, but please don't trade Harrison as well. Eric Gordon is definitely not worth it. The last thing we need is another injury prone player joining our backcourt. I say we trade some guys for a rebounder. I like Z-Bo and maybe even Al Jefferson. Bogut just isn't working... Since he's come back in the lineup Ezili's minutes are minimal and we've lost 6 straight.

kblo247
02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
GS docs would work overtime on Bogut, Curry, and Gordon. Landry and Jack would be the bench sure but they would be depending on Jefferson to step the hell up at SF once again

That said the hornets would be damn good with Klay and Barnes
- Vasquez / Rivers
- Klay / Rivers
- Barnes / Aminu
- Davis / Anderson
- Lopez / Davis

ThaDubs
02-20-2013, 08:23 PM
GS docs would work overtime on Bogut, Curry, and Gordon. Landry and Jack would be the bench sure but they would be depending on Jefferson to step the hell up at SF once again

That said the hornets would be damn good with Klay and Barnes
- Vasquez / Rivers
- Klay / Rivers
- Barnes / Aminu
- Davis / Anderson
- Lopez / Davis

We're not trading both Harry and Klay. Either Klay and Beans or Klay and RJ.

kblo247
02-20-2013, 08:24 PM
I would hope not. I truly would. I've seen stupid **** done, but that would take the cake IMO. Be a karma scale balance for the Baron trade between the teams years ago it would be so bad

5ass
02-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Wow warriors get raped ... what do they wanna have the team with most injury prone players ? Bogut curry and Gordon?

ya but imagine if it works out
Curry
Gordon
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

atleast 4 out of the 5 are capable of playing at an allstar level.

ThaDubs
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
I mean Klay alone is worth almost as much as EG as it is.

5ass
02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
I hate this idea... if anybody's getting traded I think all GSW fans know it's Klay, but please don't trade Harrison as well. Eric Gordon is definitely not worth it. The last thing we need is another injury prone player joining our backcourt. I say we trade some guys for a rebounder. I like Z-Bo and maybe even Al Jefferson. Bogut just isn't working... Since he's come back in the lineup Ezili's minutes are minimal and we've lost 6 straight.
I think they should either keep Bogut, or trade him to Atlanta for Josh Smith. Al Jefferson and Z-Bo are not good fits IMO.

ThaDubs
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
I think they should either keep Bogut, or trade him to Atlanta for Josh Smith. Al Jefferson and Z-Bo are not good fits IMO.

Yeah maybe. But we need more than one rebounder.

soundjunkies2
02-20-2013, 08:53 PM
The warriors would be stupid to do this trade. Klay is younger, cheaper, and not injury prone and can be just as good if not better than Gordon.

montafan
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Does Eric Gordon not starting tonight mean anything? Or am I just unaware of him being injured or something?

Vinny642
02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Does Eric Gordon not starting tonight mean anything? Or am I just unaware of him being injured or something?

We dont use Gordon on back to backs

montafan
02-20-2013, 09:27 PM
there you go. thanks

MackShock
02-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I beg to differ...
1980 - The W's traded Robert Parrish and the no#3 pick in which Boston used to get Kevin McHale for Joe Barry Carroll and Ricky Brown.. Now that is the worst trade in NBA history!!

Nope. Vlade Divac traded to Hornets for #13 pick Kobe Bryant

MackShock
02-20-2013, 10:02 PM

And when healthy, Bogut is a top 3 center in the league. I think ownership still wants to see if traded for an injured star will pan out first before trying again..

I don't think they'd let their playoff hopes and future ride on 2 injury riddled stars

Monta is beast
02-20-2013, 10:31 PM
Sources say the rumored Eric Gordon-to-the-Warriors' deal will not happen before Thursday's trade deadline. Don't count out the chance that it could be visited (or re- visited) this summer. Why? Will explain shortly.

Aha. That was close.

popo85
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
No way GSW should do that, Gordon is a chucker.

PAOboston
02-20-2013, 10:52 PM
why on god's green planet would GS make a deal foe eric gordon? seems like gordon always has injury problems.

bholly
02-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Bucher:

Close the door on Eric Gordon going to the Warriors for now, but don't nail it shut. As good as the Warriors have been, they're far from a finished product. Why does Gordon make sense? Because he is a 6'3", 215-pound combination guard who, when healthy, has demonstrated to be both a scorer and playmaker who is capable of creating his own shot at the end of games. Thompson, at 6'7" and 205 pounds, has unlimited shooting range and ball-handling skills strong enough to attack the rim, but his decision-making has been suspect and the Warriors have not been confident enough to put the ball in his hands with a game on the line. The Warriors currently use Jarrett Jack as their closing point guard because at 6'3" and nearly 200 pounds, he has the size to create his own shot against most point guards and is regarded as the best decision-maker under pressure that the Warriors have. As good as starting point guard Steph Curry is, opponents exploit his lack of size and speed (6'3", 187 pounds) by putting bigger defenders on him at the end of games to make it difficult for him to get off anything more than a quick-release 3. Jack, 29, is also a free agent this summer.
Gordon, however, is a bit of a risk. The fifth-year pro has missed a minimum of 20 games due to injury every year since his rookie season and has played only 19 of 54 games this season. The other hitch is that the Hornets have to take on other salaries to make it work.
Don't, however, be surprised if Gordon talk involving the Warriors re-surfaces. When asked about whether a deal could be made that would send him to Golden State, a source said, "Maybe this summer."

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/27353fdf-9fd5-41d1-af57-7593c522deae/?source=twitter

SugeKnight
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Another injury prone player lol. No thanks

mgsports
02-20-2013, 11:27 PM
It's the Pelicans know per John Anderson of ESPN.

da ThRONe
02-21-2013, 12:30 AM
If Dell can get Barnes and Thompson for Gordon after yet another injury plauged season I'll never say anything negative about him again.

Guppyfighter
02-21-2013, 04:45 AM
No way GSW should do that, Gordon is a chucker.

Nah, he's not. He is an efficient scorer.

kntresistheheat
02-21-2013, 04:49 AM
I think GS needs this trade

Curry
Gordon
Barnes
Lee
Bogut

kntresistheheat
02-21-2013, 04:50 AM
The only thing is that they will have 3 out of 5 players injury prone. :(

Guppyfighter
02-21-2013, 04:57 AM
The only thing is that they will have 3 out of 5 players injury prone. :(

Bogut does not fit the definition of injury prone. He's been out because of freak injuries. I am sure this has been beaten to death though, no need to rehash.

b-ballistic
02-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Why in the hell would GS do this?

the warriors are notorious for doing **** like this

benzni
02-21-2013, 08:55 AM
why get rid of Ellis and get Gordon 2 years later. Makes no sense

b-ballistic
02-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Klay is a special player. There's no reason to trade him

BKLYNpigeon
02-21-2013, 09:29 AM
its a rumor. I dont see it happening unless Biedrins is included as a salary dump.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
im pretty sure it was ric buecher who on twitter said this deal is dead now...but could be revisited in the off season