PDA

View Full Version : Denver Nuggets reportedly turned down a Rudy Gay for Danilo Gallinari trade

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Sources say Nuggets turned down a trade offer earlier this season of Danilo Gallinari for Rudy Gay. Gallinari making them look smart tonite

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/304073004495798272

kozelkid
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Wisely done.

shep33
02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Thing is, it couldn't just have been Gallo for him. Contracts don't add up right. I bet it was Gallo + Andre Miller

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Thing is, it couldn't just have been Gallo for him. Contracts don't add up right. I bet it was Gallo + Andre Miller

I think Denver still owns a huge trade exemption from the Nene trade.

29$JerZ
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM

I don't think you can combine an exemption with a player in a trade.
Or am I wrong?

Tmath
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Good, it seems to have worked out for the Raptors and everyone else involved.

shep33
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Or am I wrong?

Pretty sure your right. A TE can't be added into a trade to make salaries match... at least I'm pretty sure about this.

Blitzbolt
02-20-2013, 01:00 PM
If you know john hollinger he was a big Denver fan for some reason when he was on ESPN so no wonder he try this.

Manimal
Doesn't matter whether it was Gay for Gallo or Gay for Gallo + Miller. Both would be terrible for the Nuggets.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
Good for Denver. Why trade a better player at the same position and then some?

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Or am I wrong?

Pretty sure your right. A TE can't be added into a trade to make salaries match... at least I'm pretty sure about this.

From what I have seen it is used in those situations.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q81

detzfish
02-20-2013, 01:03 PM
This matters why?

SluggeR
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Gay>>>Galli. Denver needs a guy that can create for himself at the end of games and currently they do not have that player..

Chronz
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Typical Hollinger move. Nice try but Denver is one of the most statistically savvy squad in the game.

abe_froman
Or am I wrong?

you are correct ,sir.

but to the thread,so what? its a good thing ,why would den want to do that

knicks=love
Good for Denver. Why trade a better player at the same position and then some?

i knew we should've taken gallo.. damn it raps.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Gay>>>Galli. Denver needs a guy that can create for himself at the end of games and currently they do not have that player..

Both Gallo and Lawson have filled that bill for Denver this season. In fact Gallo is ranked 3rd in the league in clutch shots with his team down or up 3 points.

envymamba24
02-20-2013, 01:08 PM
I mean they already have iggy...two of the same kind of players in my opinion

dhopisthename
02-20-2013, 01:12 PM

that is confusing, but I know for a fact that a tpe can not be combined with another player to make salaries work. if you had a 5 mill tpe you can't trade for a player that makes 5.1 mill

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
I mean they already have iggy...two of the same kind of players in my opinion

i was about to say that....however...look at derozan and gay...they are killing it

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
that is confusing, but I know for a fact that a tpe can not be combined with another player to make salaries work. if you had a 5 mill tpe you can't trade for a player that makes 5.1 mill

I thought that was for a multiplayer trade but I honestly do not know. Larry Coons is the best in the business so that is why I checked out his site. I'm not sure if it matters that much now in hindsight. If a trade was discussed as reported than the 2 main guys were Gallo and Gay.

SluggeR
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Both Gallo and Lawson have filled that bill for Denver this season. In fact Gallo is ranked 3rd in the league in clutch shots with his team down or up 3 points.

Mane stop that, I'm talking bout come playoff time. The only reason I wouldn't do the deal, because I probably wouldn't want Gay & AI together (Gay>>AI). That's a lot of money tied-up into similar players. If I need a bucket with five seconds left and I had to choose between Gay & Galli, I would go with Gay everytime. When Galli was the second option when STAT first came to New York, he was just ok. How has Galli performed in the playoffs for the nuggets? I like Galli, but even he knows he's not going to be a star in this league..

LeperMessiah
02-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Yay for Raps

Manimal
02-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Mane stop that, I'm talking bout come playoff time. The only reason I wouldn't do the deal, because I probably wouldn't want Gay & AI together (Gay>>AI). That's a lot of money tied-up into similar players. If I need a bucket with five seconds left and I had to choose between Gay & Galli, I would go with Gay everytime. When Galli was the second option when STAT first came to New York, he was just ok. How has Galli performed in the playoffs for the nuggets? I like Galli, but even he knows he's not going to be a star in this league..

Because Gay has won many playoff series for Memphis.. Oh wait

He was injured when they beat the Spurs and notched up brick after brick against LAC when Memphis lost inspite of HCA.

LAKobeBryant
02-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Gallo better fit for nuggets because they don't got a guy that can stretch the floor and knock down 3s. Denver scores most PIP or atleast 80% of their points are in the paint. If they got Rudy teams would just play zone all day.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
I like the attempt by the Grizz, but as Chronz stated, Denver has always been a stat thinking team. They had to realize Gay's production doesn't nearly equal his contract.

KniCks4LiFe
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
game on the line I'm sorry I take Rudy over Gallo. IDK what type of fan thinks Gallo is more go to than Rudy. You'll see come playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
game on the line I'm sorry I take Rudy over Gallo. IDK what type of fan thinks Gallo is more go to than Rudy. You'll see come playoffs.

Rudy's only been to the playoffs once, and he wasn't good.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Gallo has barely tasted the playoffs. Hopefully he will mature in the playoffs just like he has in the regular season so far this season.

In regards to late in game situations Gallo has hit several clutch daggers this season late in games. I could link multiple videos and quotes from opposing coaches/players to back that.

The image below also shows how he has played in the last minute of games.
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-WJ328_COUNT0_G_20130214210701.jpg

KniCks4LiFe
02-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Rudy's only been to the playoffs once, and he wasn't good.

he was better than Gallo. And I think Rudy has more potential just needs a fresh start. I'm not saying he's going to a finals but Toronto definitely will get better.

sunsfan88
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
i knew we should've taken gallo.. damn it raps.

Who's we? Aren't you a Knicks fan?

nycericanguy
02-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Gallo is better and cheaper? :shrug:

R. Johnson#3
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Thank God

bholly
02-20-2013, 04:11 PM

Or am I wrong?

I thought that was for a multiplayer trade but I honestly do not know. Larry Coons is the best in the business so that is why I checked out his site. I'm not sure if it matters that much now in hindsight. If a trade was discussed as reported than the 2 main guys were Gallo and Gay.

I know this stuff pretty well - you can't combine a TPE with outgoing player salary to bring in a bigger salary. This applies to any type of trade and any situations - you can't combine exceptions.
Rudy earns $16,460,538 this season (according to the trade machine) and the Nuggets' Nene TPE is $13,000,000 - so the TPE isn't big enough to absorb his salary and can't be used.

Andre Miller is a pretty good guess, I think, but they also could've used Brewer, Mozgov, or Koufos to match things up.

It's all moot because Denver wouldn't do Gallo for Gay straight up, so adding things wouldn't help, but whatever.

2-ONE-5
02-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Denver would have been crazy to accept this any pay both Gay and Iggy 15 mil next season

Farcelona
02-20-2013, 04:28 PM
First lets ignore the contracts. Gay and Gallo are similar in terms of how they can help a team, but the way they do things on the court are different. From a team stand point, it never makes sense to disrupt team chemistry for the sake of a trade when the trade involves 2 players that are equal.

Now add the contract issue and this was an easy decline.

JEDean89
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
so for 9.4 mil a year nuggets get gallo and his 17.3 ppg 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists on 42% shooting and 37% from deep for a PER of 17.5

for 16.4 mil a year raps get Gay and his 17.8 ppg 6 rebounds and 2.6 assists on 40% shooting and 30% from deep for a PER of 14.7

You basically get from Gallo, for 7 mil a year less than Gay the same production in 5 fewer minutes much more efficiently. He is also blossoming into a good defender as well as the aforementioned clutch shooter. No GM on the planet makes that trade. Also, Gallo is improving a lot averaging awesome numbers in 2013, way bettter than Gay's who seems to have reached his ceiling. The problem with Gay is that he isn't a good shooter. Someone said that the nuggs already have Iggy and couldn't be more right. Nuggs would get 0 wing scoring between the 2, something like 30ppg for 30 mil a year.

IgglesFanInCO
02-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Gallo is cheaper, younger, and arguably better with more potential, and he fits team needs WAY more

this was a no question about it rejection

Losoway
02-21-2013, 01:39 AM
rudy gay is so underated i cant wait 2 seasons from now when he is dropping 24 a game and everybody is d riding

Manimal
02-21-2013, 05:51 AM
rudy gay is so underated i cant wait 2 seasons from now when he is dropping 24 a game and everybody is d riding

He's been in the league 7 years. Nobody becomes a different player after 7 years in the league. Rudy Gay is the player he's gonna be skill wise.

He's pretty good too, just paid a lot more than guys who do the same are getting paid.

JEDean89
02-21-2013, 06:06 AM
i'm sorry but anyone who thinks that 40% from the field and 29% from deep for a PER of 14.7 (below league average) while being paid 16 mil a year is acceptable then you are crazy. their are a few exceptions of excellent defenders who make up for their bad PER but Gay is not one of them. he's a good defender but not necessarily elite. Hollinger understood that Gay was a massive contract on a team that was bound for 2nd round purgatory. imo they should have kept OJ Mayo over Gay, they could have a really nice team after this trade if they still had OJ.

Manimal
02-21-2013, 10:36 AM
i'm sorry but anyone who thinks that 40% from the field and 29% from deep for a PER of 14.7 (below league average) while being paid 16 mil a year is acceptable then you are crazy. their are a few exceptions of excellent defenders who make up for their bad PER but Gay is not one of them. he's a good defender but not necessarily elite. Hollinger understood that Gay was a massive contract on a team that was bound for 2nd round purgatory. imo they should have kept OJ Mayo over Gay, they could have a really nice team after this trade if they still had OJ.

Couldn't have kept OJ with all the money the commited to Conley, Gasol, Randolph and Gay.

The new CBA shafted them a bit, to say the least. All those contracts make it quite impossible to put a good 9-man rotation on the floor. They had to trade away Gay.

Now if you add OJ, who would have asked for at least 8-10M a year, this team would be handicapped.

All those contracts handed out in the previous CBA pretty much gave them 0 flexibility with regards to contracts and choices.

Blitzbolt
02-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Funny how some people think we are the new Bobcats after the trade.We are the same as before first or second round exit nothing more or nothing less.

Chronz
02-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Grizz has the same punching chance it always had. Maybe even more now and they are definitely better positioned for the future. They made the right move for them, Gallo would've been better but they cant complain. Dropping alot of salary without dropping much, if at all, in the standings isnt bad.

Chronz
02-21-2013, 11:28 AM
(Gay>>AI).
Based on what exactly?

Manimal
02-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I think Grizz have a great chance, because they are different from everybody. In terms of their attack, they pound it low, beat you up and will it into the basket almost. Current teams aren't built to defend that.

A 7-game series against the Grizzlie is gonna be hell for any team.

KnicksorBust
02-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I think Grizz have a great chance, because they are different from everybody. In terms of their attack, they pound it low, beat you up and will it into the basket almost. Current teams aren't built to defend that.

And Rudy Gay fit that style... not Tayshaun Prince. They are a 1 and done team.

Chronz
02-21-2013, 02:41 PM

Thats an interesting take. You think the fact that they have an inefficient offense is a benefit in the playoffs. I still think its their defense that will dictate what they do, but if their offense is anything more than below average, I will be shocked.

Chronz
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
And Rudy Gay fit that style... not Tayshaun Prince. They are a 1 and done team.
Isnt Tay the guy with experience winning in a slow it down, grind it out defensively kind of style? And wasn't Gay the guy who collapsed just 1 year ago with HCA?

Tay isn't what he used to be, but I dont see Gay as a "fit" either.

Manimal
02-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Thats an interesting take. You think the fact that they have an inefficient offense is a benefit in the playoffs. I still think its their defense that will dictate what they do, but if their offense is anything more than below average, I will be shocked.

The fact that they have an elite defense (both perimeter and down low) and score most of their points down low, where most teams don't have strong low post presence is why I think they are a good match up for anyone.

Blitzbolt
02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
And Rudy Gay fit that style... not Tayshaun Prince. They are a 1 and done team.Look at What Rudy did in the playoffs last year look at what he is doing this year I think you should see more Grizz games before talking or better yet you should see more Rudy Gay games and then talk.

At the end of the day I agree with you grizz are 1 and done with or with out Rudy.

Chronz
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
The fact that they have an elite defense (both perimeter and down low) and score most of their points down low, where most teams don't have strong low post presence is why I think they are a good match up for anyone.

Yea I got it, but their offense is inefficient, partly a result of their style of play. Again, if its even an average offense in the playoffs, I will be shocked and Ill give you props.

MrfadeawayJB
02-22-2013, 12:42 PM
I think something many dont realize is that 3 pt shooting and ball movement has improved greatly after the trade

Tmath
02-22-2013, 12:57 PM
I think the most important thing is, the trade has seemed to have kept the Grizz at the same level (maybe better) while also shedding payroll, and it has also helped the Raptors improve as a team.

It was a rare trade where both teams got what they wanted, and thats a good thing.

MrfadeawayJB
02-22-2013, 01:03 PM
I think the most important thing is, the trade has seemed to have kept the Grizz at the same level (maybe better) while also shedding payroll, and it has also helped the Raptors improve as a team.

It was a rare trade where both teams got what they wanted, and thats a good thing.

And Detroit got what they wanted too. A 3 team trade where everyone wins

Greet
02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Isnt Tay the guy with experience winning in a slow it down, grind it out defensively kind of style? And wasn't Gay the guy who collapsed just 1 year ago with HCA?

Tay isn't what he used to be, but I dont see Gay as a "fit" either.

Agreed. I almost think a players such as Gallinari would have been a GREAT fit for the Grizz.

MrfadeawayJB
02-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Agreed. I almost think a players such as Gallinari would have been a GREAT fit for the Grizz.

Gallo would have been a great fit here imo. He would really be the perfect combo of scoring and passing. However i'm thrilled with Tay so far

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Denver's best asset is going to be their worst come playoff time. You need someone who can step up and lead the team. I don't know who leads the Nuggets at all. They have the best roster on paper but they should really look for someone like CP3. CP3 on that team would be pure nasty. Come playoffs, you can't rely on 10 players.

Ty_Lawson
02-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Denver's best asset is going to be their worst come playoff time. You need someone who can step up and lead the team. I don't know who leads the Nuggets at all. They have the best roster on paper but they should really look for someone like CP3. CP3 on that team would be pure nasty. Come playoffs, you can't rely on 10 players.
1.Our best asset is Ty
2.again Ty,Lakers series last year
3.Lakers(Howard,Gasol,Kobe,Nash),Miami(LBJ,Wade,Bo sh,Ray),OKC(Durant,Westbrook,Martin,Ibaka),SAS(Ton y,Duncan,Kawhi) and we have best roster on paper?
4.We would have to give up atleast Ty AND Gallo to get CP3...

SOS
02-22-2013, 04:11 PM
4.We would have to give up atleast Ty AND Gallo to get CP3...

Worth it

Blitzbolt
02-22-2013, 04:27 PM
I think something many dont realize is that 3 pt shooting and ball movement has improved greatly after the tradeAlso the Assist numbers have gone up.

And on Denver they have a GREAT coach that no really talks about I think he is leader of that team.

tp13baby
02-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Gallo has been one of the most clutch players this year. He is 7-12 when his team is tied ahead or behind by 3 points in the last minute.

3rd best in the NBA behind Aldridge and Irving.

This statement needs to be edited.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?804085-George-Karl-knows-what-he-likes-but-he-should-consider-this-graphic

We Denver fans have talked about this....

tp13baby
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Also the Assist numbers have gone up.

And on Denver they have a GREAT coach that no really talks about I think he is leader of that team.

What? He lets guys like Miller and Brewer get away with whatever they want and support them. He rides McGee and Hamilton.

OceanSpray
02-22-2013, 04:36 PM
What? He lets guys like Miller and Brewer get away with whatever they want and support them. He rides McGee and Hamilton.

? He insults McGee all the time. He literally face palms whenever McGee misses.

tp13baby
02-22-2013, 04:39 PM

Gallo was 22 when he played with Stat. He is 24 now. Take out his first month of play he is averaging 18 and 5 with less minutes. Ill take Gallo over Gay. For defense reason and efficiency. Oh add clutch situations to that based on this year too.

tp13baby
02-22-2013, 06:01 PM
? He insults McGee all the time. He literally face palms whenever McGee misses.

McGee impacts the game more positively than Andre will in any game this year.

JEDean89
02-22-2013, 07:37 PM
look at gk's post season record and tell me that he is going to lead this team in the playoffs. the is sooo bad in the playoffs it's not funny.

Krizzle88
02-22-2013, 08:01 PM
I would have done that trade…I like Denver but they won't go anywhere in the playoffs because they don't have a go to guy at the end of games they have a lot of good players like Lawson Gallo Chandler Iggy but getting Rudy Gay could give them a closer & a better chance in the playoffs but it doesn't matter now…Denver will have another first round exit again

Bausman
02-22-2013, 08:19 PM
you are correct ,sir.

but to the thread,so what? its a good thing ,why would den want to do that

You are incorrect, sir. Rudy Gay hit a game winner to beat the Nuggets, as a Raptor.

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Gay is a innefficent chucker. Isn't he shooting 38% since being a raptor? Lowry being healthy is huge for them, not a huge fan of Rudy gay

BallIsAll
02-22-2013, 09:20 PM
You are incorrect, sir. Rudy Gay hit a game winner to beat the Nuggets, as a Raptor.

Gallo has hit game winners against the lakers warriors and Memphis of the top of my head this year. Oh and gallinari and iggy were out against Toronto. How does him hitting one game winner against the nuggets make him better?

THE MTL
02-22-2013, 10:29 PM
For the money, Gallinari at 11million is better than Rudy Gay at max contract. However, lets not get it twisted...Rudy Gay is a much better player.

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
For the money, Gallinari at 11million is better than Rudy Gay at max contract. However, lets not get it twisted...Rudy Gay is a much better player.

No not really. Maybe slightly better but he really isn't that great.

Leach11
02-22-2013, 10:49 PM

He sure as hell slapped your team tonight.

Tmath
02-22-2013, 11:14 PM

:laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
02-22-2013, 11:17 PM
denver should of done it imo, that and trading for jj redick would of been great moves for them. gay might not be all that efficient, but hes a go to guy down the stretch and they could use that. also he'd fit in great with their fast paced game since he's so athletic. and getting redick would have more than replaced danilo's outside shooting. didn't look to see how the money would work, but thats what i would of looked to do if i were them.

Blitzbolt
02-22-2013, 11:20 PM
I think we got the best deal Ed Davis is playing well in our system now and he is a nice piece for the future and Tay is a true vet.

mnatiq
02-22-2013, 11:40 PM

LOL

gay is not liked but he is a better player the gallo

siix
02-22-2013, 11:44 PM
he sure as hell slapped your team tonight.

lmao!

rapsjaysfan88
02-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Well gay just won Toronto another game, now 7-3 with him beating very good teams in that stretch. Knicks twice, indiana at home, clippers. So ya I'm happy Denver didn't take gay cuz we are awfully happy with him north of the border.

Tmath
02-22-2013, 11:48 PM
I think we got the best deal Ed Davis is playing well in our system now and he is a nice piece for the future and Tay is a true vet.

Raptors are 7-3 with Rudy Gay and we have been playing some of the top teams in that stretch. It's hard to say Memphis won the deal. Not sure why you are even looking for who won the trade. As I said before, both teams benefited from the trade, both teams won in my book.

SoFreshNsoClean
02-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Gay is a innefficent chucker. Isn't he shooting 38% since being a raptor? Lowry being healthy is huge for them, not a huge fan of Rudy gay

agreed here. Dont get the fascination with gay AT ALL

rapsjaysfan88
02-23-2013, 12:06 AM
agreed here. Dont get the fascination with gay AT ALL

Two game winners in his first five games and raps 7-3 with him....

FriedTofuz
02-23-2013, 12:08 AM

what the hell how? wahts ed davis shown that he's playing well? One game where he scored well means he's playing well? come on. you guys give him hardly any minutes and 1 good game is enough to say you won the trade? smh ..

rockbottom2010
02-23-2013, 02:47 AM

i dunno....the raptors are 7-3 since acquring rudy gay...and just to spice things up.....they beat the knicks....twice

mzgrizz
02-23-2013, 02:19 PM
I am glad we didn't trade Rudy in the western conference. He can look brilliant at times, but I finally GOT his efficiency problems. SO I for one, am very happy he didn't get traded to the Nuggs, although the Nuggs have been my second favorite team for years.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Am i missing something? I would take Gay over galo 10/10 times.

Sactown
02-23-2013, 05:24 PM

Salaries don't match so I wonder what else was in the trade.

IgglesFanInCO
02-23-2013, 06:09 PM

Even if you think Gay is undoubtedly better(which i completely disagree with) Gallo undoubtedly is better in the context of team needs, they would drop off with Gay replacing him unless another move was made to change the team dynamic

Blitzbolt
02-23-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm not saying we won the trade if you ask me what deal would I take this one(Gallo)or the Raptors one I would take the Raptors one.

At the end of the day we all won the trade even Detroit.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Salaries don't match so I wonder what else was in the trade.

Oh i see. Thanks

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Even if you think Gay is undoubtedly better(which i completely disagree with) Gallo undoubtedly is better in the context of team needs, they would drop off with Gay replacing him unless another move was made to change the team dynamic

Meh. Agree to disagree .

mnatiq
02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
lol gay is better then gallo. im not even gonna give a reason

Ty_Lawson
02-23-2013, 06:53 PM
lol gay is better then gallo. im not even gonna give a reason

because you don't have one...

Purple_n_Gold
02-23-2013, 07:23 PM
If that was true what a terrible decision. Gay can be a stud.

Shammyguy3
02-24-2013, 03:57 AM
People still think that Rudy Gay's good? :laugh2:

For the Raptors, he's averaging 21.4ppg in 38.4mpg. Seems sorta nice right? So very wrong. The guy scores 21.4ppg but he needs 20.5fga (4.4 attempts from three) AND 5.0fta.

Again. He needs over 20 field goal attempts and 5 free throw attempts just to score a little over 21 points a game. This is the worst stretch of his career, and people think he's good still? :laugh:

SLY WILLIAMS
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm a big Gallo fan and I think Denver made the right decision. With that said Gallo's numbers are going to take a beating after the last two games. He has been trying to play through a upper respiratory infection and a leg injury. I think Denver should tell him to take the games off until he is 100%. He is laboring up and down the court and looks pale as a ghost.

superior
02-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Any numbskull that thinks this trade was declined with the beleif that Galinari is a better basketball player than Rudy Gay needs to have their head examined...This trade, if actually proposed, was declined due to Gay's disgusting contract that he doesn't deserve. End of story.

murphturph
02-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Rudy may be shooting a poor percentage at the moment but we are winning and derozan has been much more efficient

ManRam
02-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Any numbskull that thinks this trade was declined with the beleif that Galinari is a better basketball player than Rudy Gay needs to have their head examined...This trade, if actually proposed, was declined due to Gay's disgusting contract that he doesn't deserve. End of story.

Which is why I think it's silly to say that since the Raps are 7-3, they won this trade. This is gonna make things interesting/tough in the upcoming years. No one has won or lost this trade already. It's all TBD, especially for TOR and MEM. A lot of long-term repercussions.

JEDean89
02-24-2013, 06:54 PM

do me a favor and compare Deng, Gallo's and Gay's statlines and then STFU, you have no idea what you're talking about. Then also understand that Gallo makes a lot less than either of these players.