PDA

View Full Version : Does a Rondo trade make sense for anyone?

Manimal
02-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Rumors has it that Rondo is one of the most available players right now. He's obviously unfit until next season. But does it makes sense for any team to trade and wait for him to return next season.

According to me there are a few suitors:

Phoenix - The team is not going anywhere. Trade Dragic + filler for Rondo. Also Gortat to OKC and just all out tank this season. Get a high pick. And return next season with Rondo and a draft star like Shabazz or Benett or McLemore.

Something like this

Rondo
Lamb
Shabazz/Bennett
Scola
Perkins

Sacramento:
The team is going nowhere but Seattle. Trade Tyreke + Jimmer for Rondo.
You get to Seattle with a bonafide star in Rondo + Boogie + eventual top 5 draft pick. That's a good core.

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 12:04 PM
BOS isn't moving Rondo for Dragic and fillers. It would either be for pieces that make us a legit contender this year or for young players/picks that help in rebuilding. Moving him for Dragic doesn't make us significantly better this year and it takes away the best asset we have moving forward.

I don't see a scenario where a Rondo trade makes sense for both teams.

Manimal
02-20-2013, 12:09 PM
BOS isn't moving Rondo for Dragic and fillers. It would either be for pieces that make us a legit contender this year or for young players/picks that help in rebuilding. Moving him for Dragic doesn't make us significantly better this year and it takes away the best asset we have moving forward.

I don't see a scenario where a Rondo trade makes sense for both teams.

When you're trying to move a player with an ACL injury you are not negotiating from a place where you have leverage.

Boston tried to deal PP and KG and was unsuccessful. Now only option is to deal a crocked Rondo to challenge one last year.

69centers
02-20-2013, 12:13 PM
We'd have to get Dragic, Gortat, and maybe something else for it to be a fair trade.

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 12:28 PM
When you're trying to move a player with an ACL injury you are not negotiating from a place where you have leverage.

Boston tried to deal PP and KG and was unsuccessful. Now only option is to deal a crocked Rondo to challenge one last year.

But trading Rondo for the package you listed doesn't make us a contender this year. So we can keep our valuable future asset and not compete this year or give him away for pennies on the dollar and still not compete this year. Seems like an easy choice to me...

JiffyMix88
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Rumors has it that Rondo is one of the most available players right now. He's obviously unfit until next season. But does it makes sense for any team to trade and wait for him to return next season.

Phoenix - The team is not going anywhere. Trade Dragic + filler for Rondo. Also Gortat to OKC and just all out tank this season. Get a high pick. And return next season with Rondo and a draft star like Shabazz or Benett or McLemore.

Something like this

Rondo
Lamb
Shabazz/Bennett
Scola
Perkins

Sacramento:
You get to Seattle with a bonafide star in Rondo + Boogie + eventual top 5 draft pick. That's a good core.

Suns get raped in this deal

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Dragic + filler for Rondo and PHX gets raped... lol

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:30 PM

Something like this

Rondo
Lamb
Shabazz/Bennett
Scola
Perkins

Sacramento:

don't forget...they also have the lakers first round pick.....their future looks good....they need to start all over

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Yeah no, I don't see any of these things going down. People were low-balling the celtics when rondo was healthy. Don't think those deals are getting any better. Don't see the suns getting rondo for dragic and a bag o Doritos. Or the kings getting him for tyreke and some rainbow Jimmy's.

Wade n Fade
02-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is one deal that makes great sense (idk if the money matchs up) Rondo for Russell Westbrook. Rondo would upgrade the OKC offense because KD is the #1 option without a doubt and no PG wants to be the #1 guy like Westbrook does in OKC. Rondo can make players around him better with his elite passing skills. In return, the Celtics get a building block in Westbrook who can score and pass decently. Westbrook is young and he could mature well if KG and Paul Pierce stay as Celtics next year. The Celtics still have an elite PG/SG tweener without having to sacrafice much in Rondo. Good move for both sides for rebuilding and building a championship contender.

KniCks4LiFe
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Rondo and KD wouldn't work.

jason17
02-20-2013, 04:03 PM
How about John Wall- Crawford and Ariza-Okefor for Rondo.

KniCks4LiFe
02-20-2013, 04:04 PM
why would Washington trade a better playmaking PG?

jason17
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
why would Washington trade a better playmaking PG?

Are you serious?.

EDIT: Ok you are. Wall IQ for Asst is not good he turns the ball over alot and jump shot skills are not good. And no Rondo a better play maker .........Period. Not to sound rude or nothing i hate typing but Wall is an up and down for WSh and rondo is a much bigger improvement in my eyes IDK about other wiz fans but time for a change.

JiffyMix88
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM

you smoking dope?

Corey
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
I hope Rondo gets dealt. I really do.

Give me a center and a point guard for him and a pick.

strahan92osi72
02-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Last year I said Rondo for Westbrook would make sense for both teams. This year I think Rondo for Howard would.

b_russ
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I hope Rondo gets dealt. I really do.

Give me a center and a point guard for him and a pick.

Jefferson, Tinsley/Watson, and a 1st for Rondo. He's hurt, not sure you can ask for much more at this point.

celtNYpatsHeels
02-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Utah could use him long term

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Jefferson, Tinsley/Watson, and a 1st for Rondo. He's hurt, not sure you can ask for much more at this point.

If Utah was willing to give up Al Jeff for Rondo, I think they'd have him by now.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
First off, the Kings aren't going anywhere, and 2nd, I think Boston and NOLA should make a trade

Gordon 4 Rondo, and here's why it makes sense.

Boston receives a guard who has star potential and plays at a high level, when he plays of course, and it keeps them in contention now, while making a big step towards the future.

NOLA receives a stud for a PG and who better to throw ally oops to their cornerstone in Anthony Davis? NOLA also gets to tank this season season, collect a high draft pick and start on a high note next season with

Top 5 pick+ AD+ Rondo, and good surrounding piece in Ryan Anderson, plus it allows them to flip Vasquez for some pieces, or a draft pick why his value is high.

TyrionLannister
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Rondo for Josh Smith?

rocket
02-20-2013, 06:30 PM

:laugh:

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
yeah there arent a whole lot of trades that make sense right now since rondo is hurt, maybe a team that is completely out of contention, and that has a couple high potential players to get rid of, NOLA kind of makes sense, maybe gordon vazquez for rondo? or gordon aminu for rondo?

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
If Utah was willing to give up Al Jeff for Rondo, I think they'd have him by now.

are you serious? are you telling me you think al jefferson is worth rondo? god please tell me your joking

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Rondo is so overrated it's ridiculous. And it sucks because Ainge can't sell a good deal to the fan base for him because so many Celtics fans and even other fans think he's worth so much more than he is. So when you try to talk about trades based on his skills as a player, the unsupported reputation as a player he's managed to garner sends people into a tirade.

Rondo is a good player, a very good player. But he isn't THAT GOOD!!!

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
^^ i see that your a PATS fan, so you must also watch a lot of celtic games as well; the dude is a walking triple double, if he gets his jumper down, hed be very very dangerous, albeit, what would your utah-bos trade consist of ? not jefferson for rondo straight up, no way in hell boston does that

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Rondo couldn't shoot in college. He's 6 years into his NBA career and he still can't shoot. Why do people still say "if he can get his jumper down"... it's not happening. He is what he is. He's not efficient enough a scorer to ever be as ball dominant a player as he is on a championship team. Rondo in theory creates easy shots for others, but few NBA players today move well enough without the ball where you could even build a contending offense around someone whose scoring ability teams don't respect creating shots for others.

LA4life24/8
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
ha, lebron james says hi, it took him pretty much until he got to Miami to get a consistent jumper, who says rondo wont? you didnt answer my question though, what would your utah-boston trade be? im not saying it couldnt happen, im just mainly saying their not doing it for something like jefferson/mo

Spiggity_ace
02-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Rondo is so overrated it's ridiculous. And it sucks because Ainge can't sell a good deal to the fan base for him because so many Celtics fans and even other fans think he's worth so much more than he is. So when you try to talk about trades based on his skills as a player, the unsupported reputation as a player he's managed to garner sends people into a tirade.

Rondo is a good player, a very good player. But he isn't THAT GOOD!!!

k hes not that good, ill give u brandon knight /stuckey and wutever for rondo

ManRam
02-20-2013, 07:04 PM
ha, lebron james says hi, it took him pretty much until he got to Miami to get a consistent jumper, who says rondo wont? you didnt answer my question though, what would your utah-boston trade be? im not saying it couldnt happen, im just mainly saying their not doing it for something like jefferson/mo

Yes, just because LeBron James - the best player in the NBA for about a half-decade now - developed a shot later in his career, means that anyone can!

Have you see Rondo shoot? It's UGLY. LeBron has ALWAYS been better from mid-range and three than Rondo. There is literally no reason to think that he will magically get better, and saying "LeBron did it, so can he!" is not an argument.

A Rondo trade makes sense for the Celtics. Whether it makes sense for another team, it depends. But Boston should move on from him.