PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich Cursed Out Dwight Howard During All-Star Game

kdspurman
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, on Mike and Mike in the Morning, Popovich wasn’t too pleased with Dwight Howard during the All-Star Game. Smith says, that Popovich was drawing up a specific play for Howard, but when he was ready to run it, Howard was too busy socializing with the celebrities in the crowd and wasn’t even in the huddle. Then according to Smith, Popovich hurled a few F-Bombs in Howard’s direction.

Was hesitant to make this thread, with all the Howard threads that have arisen but didn't see one where would be fit. Pop may or may not have been joking about it, but Stephen A made it seem Pop was genuinely upset with him.

Podcast is below, Stephen A talks about it at about the 5:30 mark.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8965448

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/02/report-gregg-popovich-cursed-out-dwight-howard-during-all-star-game/

JiffyMix88
02-20-2013, 11:48 AM
not surprised probably why he only played 14 mins but I wish Pop had him on the court more so I wouldn't have to sit and watch him on the bench doing another awkward interview.

D-Leethal
02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Got Dwight is such a ****ing clown.

shep33
02-20-2013, 12:27 PM
He's trying to get all-star coaches fired now? :laugh:

Rivera
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Popp is the man. I love waking up in the morning to find a new Dwight Howard story. It's becoming like a bad car crash. You can't help but to watch this

Cal827
02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
:laugh:

oak2455
02-20-2013, 12:42 PM
how does one get cursed out at an ASG ........azzclown Howard:laugh:

shep33
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Quite amazing with this guy. He's managed to make Steve Nash actually angry as well as perhaps the funniest coach in the NBA... at an all-star game.

Outstanding.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
he wants to be in the eastern conference...where...i have no idea

shep33
02-20-2013, 12:47 PM
how does one get cursed out at an ASG ........azzclown Howard:laugh:

I think the evidence is clear. He must have slept with Pop's clipboard... Pop don't play around with that ****

oak2455
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
I think the evidence is clear. He must have slept with Pop's clipboard... Pop don't play around with that ****

it's sad what a bad mark he's made on the Lakers franchise....... I would let his azz walk so he can't get what he wants.....then your team has cap space and migraine free

shep33
02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
it's sad what a bad mark he's made on the Lakers franchise....... I would let his azz walk so he can't get what he wants.....then your team has cap space and migraine free

I will say that I have never seen so many Laker fans actually not like a superstar player of his caliber. It's weird, because everyone know's he can be great, but his attitude offsets everything. I want to keep him, because I think he can change, but in no way would it sadden me if he goes. I know Shaq and Kobe used to fight, but they also won 'chips, so LA fans didn't really care.

I dunno what's going to happen, but he might be the first person who gets severely heckled at the only two places he's ever played. Orlando and LA. His popularity hits an all-time low because I'd say a majority of Cali are Laker fans. Disappointing them, is not going to end up well for his image out west.

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-20-2013, 01:29 PM
So this is how I see it going down.

ASGPop used F-bomb. :mad: It's super effective!:ouch:

DHoward used whine. :cry: It has no effect! :no:

ASGPop used Benching. :bang:

DHoward fainted!:faint:

ASGPop gained 1000000 exp!

What's this? ASGPop evoled into COYPop! "F***U! F***U!":censored:

DHoward dropped Poop ball!

:dance:

Hahaha a whole new level of respect for Pop.

RaiderLakersA's
02-20-2013, 01:34 PM
I know Shaq and Kobe used to fight, but they also won 'chips, so LA fans didn't really care.

It's not just the championships. Kobe and Shaq both earned quite a bit of capital and fan admiration, if not respect, by the way they played and their willingness to accept the burden placed on their shoulders. Even a young Kobe shooting airballs in a key playoff game didn't turn off the LA fanbase. It may have pissed off Shaq at first, but it didn't make Lakers fans turn against Kobe. If anything, it made them love him more. And to Kobe's credit, he came back the following year and improved literally by leaps and bounds. He and Shaq repaid the emotional investment that Lakers fans had in a major way.

The problems that Dwight has right now are legion: (i.) he comes to the organization labelled a coach killer and a franchise confounder (He's not the Big Dipper, but the Big Dither); (ii.) he isn't 100% healthy and isn't in a position to wrest or share the burden of leading, let alone winning; (iii.) no one perceives him as one who takes the game seriously enough, even when he is healthy; and (iv.) he has very limited capital among the LA fanbase. Give it a year and maybe all of the above issues fade. But like many other Lakers fans, I'm slowly coming around to the fact that Dwight won't be a Laker by this same time next season.

RaiderLakersA's
02-20-2013, 01:36 PM

I'm not sure what kind of whacked-out online game you're playing, son, but it's time for you to put the joystick controller down and go out and play with a real basketball and get some oxygen flowing to your brain. Pronto! :D

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Haha I get plenty. Don't play video games anymore, haha, and I was playin ball while the ASG was on.

Thanks for checking up on me though!

The correct answer was Pokemon Red, btw.

I guess that's weird, but ya know, so is my sense of humor.

gwrighter
02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
he wants to be in the eastern conference...where...i have no idea

He should come play for the Raps, we'll straighten him out.

NYJ - NYY
02-20-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure what kind of whacked-out online game you're playing, son, but it's time for you to put the joystick controller down and go out and play with a real basketball and get some oxygen flowing to your brain. Pronto! :D

im 26 and i know what game hes making a reference too lol pokemon correct? i find it witty and funny not gonna lie

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
LOl Dwight.

onlythisfar41
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
im 26 and i know what game hes making a reference too lol pokemon correct? i find it witty and funny not gonna lie

Yup its pokemon haha. Im 23 and thats what I grew up with. That joke was right up my alley.

Cromedome
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
There was a time that I wanted Howard on my team but he's nothing but a clown. He never looks serious about winning and that's what troubles me the most.

I remember watching a game where the Lakers were getting blowing out and "clown" Howard was all smiles on the bench.

Bruno
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
popovich is a legend.

1-800-STFU
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM

Not knowing the Pokemon reference :pity:

Kids these days

JNoel
02-20-2013, 03:46 PM
How Kupcake expects Dwight to be the future of the Lakers? I have no clue. He's still going to get that max deal come free agency though.

lakerfan85
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
How Kupcake expects Dwight to be the future of the Lakers? I have no clue. He's still going to get that max deal come free agency though.

It's not Mitch's fault.. It's all Jim Buss..

Avenged
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
He is losing everyone's respect. Shame.

RaiderLakersA's
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Yup its pokemon haha. Im 23 and thats what I grew up with. That joke was right up my alley.

Haha! No worries, all in good fun. I'm an old timer and we didn't have Poke Mon back when I was your age. We did have "poke women", though. Best. Game. Ever. :up:

dtmagnet
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
I say if you didn't play pokemon as a child then you missed out big time.

Corey
02-20-2013, 05:09 PM

I laughed a little.

NYtilIdie
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
West coast doesn't play that s**t.

leftymo
02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Dwight, according to screamin a smith wants to play in brooklyn. He has no intentions of winning a championship, and frankly brooklyn is a perfect place for him to do nothing.

Lakers are banking on the fact that no superstar has voluntarily left the Lakers, but he's probably the wrong player to build a team around. He doesn't want to win or do what it takes to win.

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Dwight, according to screamin a smith wants to play in brooklyn. He has no intentions of winning a championship, and frankly brooklyn is a perfect place for him to do nothing.

Lakers are banking on the fact that no superstar has voluntarily left the Lakers, but he's probably the wrong player to build a team around. He doesn't want to win or do what it takes to win.

Dwight said something about ring chasing...

Pfeifer
02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
I will say that I have never seen so many Laker fans actually not like a superstar player of his caliber. It's weird, because everyone know's he can be great, but his attitude offsets everything. I want to keep him, because I think he can change, but in no way would it sadden me if he goes. I know Shaq and Kobe used to fight, but they also won 'chips, so LA fans didn't really care.

I dunno what's going to happen, but he might be the first person who gets severely heckled at the only two places he's ever played. Orlando and LA. His popularity hits an all-time low because I'd say a majority of Cali are Laker fans. Disappointing them, is not going to end up well for his image out west.

If Metta World Peace can get along than Howard sure as hell should.

AddiX
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Damn Dwight, this is ome of the biggest fall offs I've ever witnessed in a NBA players prime.

This dude went from the man to being cursed out by coaches who aren't even his coach, nuts..

Guppyfighter
02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Damn Dwight, this is ome of the biggest fall offs I've ever witnessed in a NBA players prime.

This dude went from the man to being cursed out by coaches who aren't even his coach, nuts..

He'll be fine.

mjt20mik
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Pop is the man. Best coach in the NBA

DR_1
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM

:laugh:

ryder78c
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM

Naw that was Chris Bosh's Wife and LeBrons Mom who slept with it maybe Pop thought Howard was the next Female to sleep wit it lol

Lakeshow24KB
02-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Dwight denied it happening.

ryder78c
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
he didnt cause it but sure as hell was apart of buss's death i know it dont sound right but i think buss wanted to see a ship before he went and had a heart break when he seen this years fall from grace i dont think he had another rebuild in him

ryder78c
02-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Damn Howard just come to Portland

Howard/Leonard
Aldridge/Hickson
Batum
Matthews/Barton
Lillard

Nats_vcu-Okc35
02-20-2013, 07:13 PM
he didnt cause it but sure as hell was apart of buss's death i know it dont sound right but i think buss wanted to see a ship before he went and had a heart break when he seen this years fall from grace i dont think he had another rebuild in him

Wow. Is that really what you think?

bucketss
02-20-2013, 07:31 PM
stephen a smith is straight clown i don't trust a word that comes out his mouth, but if it was true why would pop be upset over a damn allstar game

tredigs
02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
He is losing everyone's respect. Shame.

I don't think Dwight ever had people's "respect" outside of his on court abilities. But it has certainly gotten much worse.

ThaDubs
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
How to you piss off one of the nicest guys in the NBA and then the best and funniest coach in the NBA to the point where he cusses at you... IN AN ALLSTAR GAME?

kdspurman
02-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Dwight denied it happening.

Not for nothing but he also denied the whole SVG thing even when Stan told everyone it was true. Hard to take this guys word for anything at this point