PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas : Lebron likely better athlete than MJ

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8962344/lebron-james-probably-better-athlete-michael-jordan-was-isiah-thomas-says

Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas said Tuesday the debate over whether LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan hinges on a few things, but as far as who is the better athlete, Thomas said it's probably James.

"They're both great players, and they're both great in their eras," Thomas said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "In my era, we hadn't seen an athlete quite like Michael Jordan. He jumped higher than everyone else. He was a little faster than everyone else and he was just the best athlete.

"LeBron James is the best athlete of today, and he's probably a better athlete than Michael Jordan was. He's bigger, he's faster, he's stronger.

As far as who would win head to head, Thomas said it depends.

"Now when you put them out on the floor to compete against each other in different eras, it depends on which rules you're playing with and which coach you're being coached by," Thomas said. "So there's a lot that really goes into it.

"Had Michael Jordan not met Phil Jackson, would Michael Jordan be Michael Jordan today had he stayed with (Stan) Albeck and Doug Collins, and they were great coaches, but I think Jackson had a lot to do with his success. LeBron right now seems to be in the right situation with the right coach with the right players and his talent is being exposed and is flourishing."

Magic Johnson recently gave his take on who would win a game of one-on-one between Jordan and James.

"Easy answer MJ all day, every day!" Johnson tweeted, before adding: "If MJ and LeBron played 1-on-1 10 times, MJ would win all 10. MJ is the ultimate 1-on-1 player!"

Johnson did give James credit as the best player in the game today.

Jordan and Thomas have some history as fierce competitors. Thomas and several Detroit Pistons teammates left the court before shaking hands with Jordan's Bulls after Chicago won the 1991 Eastern Conference finals. That reportedly played a role in keeping Thomas off the 1992 Olympic "Dream Team." Scottie Pippen said he didn't want Thomas on the team and former NBA deputy commissioner Russ Granik admitted Thomas' behavior after that series was part of the reason Thomas was left off the team.

During the celebration of Jordan's 50th birthday on Sunday, Antawn Jamison said if Jordan played today, "he could get you about 10 or 11 points, come in and play 15-20 minutes." Thomas wasn't as sure when asked Tuesday if Jordan could average 10.

"If he played 40 minutes," Thomas said. "It's all about minutes and shots, always. The question is, yeah, he can score 10, but could he guard the other guy? Could he get back in transition?

"It's a lot that goes into playing an NBA game and it's a lot that goes into training to be an NBA player. You can be in great health-club shape, but to be a pro athlete and be in that type of physical condition, training condition and mindset, that's a different type of person you're talking about."

Although he joked about playing at the age of 50 when he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Jordan has since put that thought to rest, even though Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist said he recently lost to Jordan in a game of one-on-one.

Asked whether he could average 10 at the age of 50, Thomas didn't hesitate.

"Absolutely not, the athletes and players I think today are too good," he said. "I think we all have nostalgic great imaginations, and to say that you could do that is just a total disrespect to the players who are playing today."

Thomas was in Chicago to partner with Mayor Rahm Emanuel in announcing a basketball program aimed at helping at-risk youth.

Really?

KniCks4LiFe
02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
LMAO. Hide and duck. :laugh2:

el hidalgo
02-20-2013, 02:00 AM
who gives a ****. theyre both once in a lifetime athletes. its hard to compare their athletic prowess. lebron is a rarer specimen though

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:03 AM
who gives a ****. theyre both once in a lifetime athletes. its hard to compare their athletic prowess. lebron is a rarer specimen though

i think isiah knows what hes talking about....they were rivalries for many years.....

oak2455
02-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Ummm these two hated each other wonder why lil Zeek would say this :laugh2:

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:07 AM
scottie pippen said the same thing...the next day he changed his decision

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-20-2013, 02:17 AM

Are they really once in a lifetime with I've seen both of them in my life time? It's more like once in a decade just like Kobe Durant Duncan all unique in their own ways, Shaq may be the only once in a life time player I don't think there will ever be someone as dominant as him

whitemamba33
02-20-2013, 02:58 AM
There's an obvious difference between athlete and player.

IKnowHoops
02-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Are they really once in a lifetime with I've seen both of them in my life time? It's more like once in a decade just like Kobe Durant Duncan all unique in their own ways, Shaq may be the only once in a life time player I don't think there will ever be someone as dominant as him

Ive never seen anyone with the physical packages of Shaq or Lebron ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SugeKnight
02-20-2013, 03:26 AM
He's right

bosox3431
02-20-2013, 03:34 AM
i think isiah knows what hes talking about....they were rivalries for many years.....

How many years did he play against Lebron?

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:04 AM
How many years did he play against Lebron?

ur an idiot......he was a coach during lebron's early years....so he knows....not only that...hes a legend...never question a legend

JEDean89
02-20-2013, 04:06 AM
pretty sure jordan has the better vert.

jammastershake
02-20-2013, 05:03 AM
Is there gonna be a new thread for every quote made from a currant/former player about a MJ/LBJ comparison. The fact is, all this talk is accelerating a comparison that shouldn't come for another 8ish years or so, if at all. Btw, there were many nba players then and now, who are better athletes than MJ and LBJ.

Chi StateOfMind
02-20-2013, 05:26 AM
Who cares.. Im tired of the comparisons... LeBron is LeBron n Mike is Mike. Both great players thats it

lakerboy
02-20-2013, 06:44 AM
I am far from a Lebron fan, but Lebron is definitely the more gifted athletic. This guy won the big bang probabilities of gene lottery. 6'9, bigger, stronger, and quicker than any athlete in the world.

Game-wise of course, Lebron's fundamentals are nowhere close to Michael's.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 06:56 AM
I am far from a Lebron fan, but Lebron is definitely the more gifted athletic. This guy won the big bang probabilities of gene lottery. 6'9, bigger, stronger, and quicker than any athlete in the world.

Game-wise of course, Lebron's fundamentals are nowhere close to Michael's.

to be honest.....jordan was a scorer...and if you noticed...lebron is taking to another level....lebron has 20 youngest player records...and scored 30 pts while having a 60 % percentile in 6 games.......when lebron is around 34-35.....then we can make a comparison....bill russell should be the best player ever to play the game....watch the last game he played and how he captured his 11th ring

KingPosey
02-20-2013, 07:35 AM
LBJ is more of a freak of nature because of his size and what he can do physically with it. If you take away that aspect, and just go off of athleticism MJ is a better athlete when it comes to coordination, body control, burst, leaps, the all encompassing aspect. LBJ is a freak for his size and we haven't seen that before, but he gets beaten in some areas that he just can't help.

Strength and jumping ability don't equal athleticism. There are a lot of other areas that involve body control that LBJ doesn't have. His feet are sloppy, he wins battles in the air with his power and vert but he has no where near the body control and change of pace that MJ had. It's not a knock, but LBJ isn't the better athlete as defined by what athleticism actually is.

He wins through power and Bert because he is that far superior to anyone we have seen in that regard, so the tools he doesn't have we don't really see because that's what he relies on, because he's so much better in that arena than others.

ldawg
02-20-2013, 08:55 AM
well dahhhhhh the only thing Mj had over Lebron as far as gifts were large hands. What made Mj great was his drive it made him over achieve same as Kobe. Mj was atletic as well just not as strong. Mj The game comes easy to players like Shaq and Lebron, they are bigger and stronger then their opponents. Lebron can play all 5 positions but he masters none. But i think they will lable him the best sf ever. Shaq was great and left a legacy behind but he could have done more. Lebron has the ability to surpass mj he came to the nba as a young boy in a mans body. someone need to look at that guy birth papers and drug test...lol

Dankster
02-20-2013, 09:02 AM
LBJ is more of a freak of nature because of his size and what he can do physically with it. If you take away that aspect, and just go off of athleticism MJ is a better athlete when it comes to coordination, body control, burst, leaps, the all encompassing aspect. LBJ is a freak for his size and we haven't seen that before, but he gets beaten in some areas that he just can't help.

Strength and jumping ability don't equal athleticism. There are a lot of other areas that involve body control that LBJ doesn't have. His feet are sloppy, he wins battles in the air with his power and vert but he has no where near the body control and change of pace that MJ had. It's not a knock, but LBJ isn't the better athlete as defined by what athleticism actually is.

He wins through power and Bert because he is that far superior to anyone we have seen in that regard, so the tools he doesn't have we don't really see because that's what he relies on, because he's so much better in that arena than others.

This is actually a very good breakdown of the 2 guys. I take it you actually saw MJ play and aren't basing your assessment on some youtube videos of him.

The only thing Michael lacks compared to Lebron is size and strength. Lebron holds no other advantages aside from that. Their speed/quickness is probably very close, but after that it's a pretty much a landslide for MJ.

MJ was ranked the greatest athlete of the 20th century by a lot of different magazines/articles. He beat out the likes of Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown and Muhammad Ali. His athleticism is unparalleled, the things that guy could do with the ball, Lebron just can't emulate. MJ's midair adjustments with the ball were always jaw dropping to watch. While Lebron is a freakish athlete in his own right, Michael is even more freakishly athletic. IF anyone saw him actually play in his prime I'm sure they'd echo my sentiment about him. And I despise the guy personally, but recognize the fact that he's the greatest athlete in sports history, no question.

sventhedog
02-20-2013, 09:06 AM
wow. a statement from the most credible person in the league. we should all believe him!

ldawg
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM
To sum up Lebrons thing called it look no farther than the all-star game. this drive many superstars lack. Dont want to bash Howard but he is the perfect super star that just dont have it. He just cant seem to drive himself to the next level he is stuck at super star.

Davidgta1
02-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Probably right today players are freaks

ewing
02-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Of course LeBron is a better athlete. He just isn't as good a basketball player and b/c of that IDK he will ever be as good at his peak as Micheal was since Bron is just starting to use his physical dominance in a the right ways. The only player with his kind of physical dominance I've seen is Shaq. B/c of that at the end the day I do think Bron may wind up having and even greater career.

ewing
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Probably right today players are freaks

The players at the top of athletic food chain are very similar to what they were in Jordan era. Its the second/third tier athletes that have gotten a lot more athletic

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM

I respected Isiah as a great player but Isiah used to say he feared Bernard King more than MJ. As a huge Bernard fan I liked that but I also knew it was Isiah going too far.

ewing
02-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I respected Isiah as a great player but Isiah used to say he feared Bernard King more than MJ. As a huge Bernard fan I liked that but I also knew it was Isiah going too far.

Yeah, he also said Larry Bird would be seen as an average player if he wasn't white. Still Bron is great pure athlete i've seen play basketball

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Yeah, he also said Larry Bird would be seen as an average player if he wasn't white. Still Bron is great pure athlete i've seen play basketball

That one I gave Isiah the benefit of the doubt on because it was reporters asking Isiah about some strange things Rodman said after a 7th game playoff loss to Bird and Isiah said he was kidding when he said it. I think Isiah did laugh after saying it.

PC
02-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Yea athletically I think LeBron > MJ

LeBron's just a freak athlete. To have that much speed and strength in a 6'9 260+ body is just unfair

haggis
02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
hes a legend...never question a legend

The same legend that traded 4 picks (2 1st rounders) for Eddy Curry? That legend?

ManRam
02-20-2013, 12:57 PM
I don't get why ESPN puts every ex-star's opinion as top news. Why do people care? Especially people like Isiah and Michael. Both were great players (duh), but they say and do some stupid ****.

But, LBJ is the better athlete. Bigger, taller and faster.

Silent
02-20-2013, 01:01 PM

Isiah is butt hurt him and MJ never got along

BigBlueCrew
02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Isiah still bitter about MJ beating his ***. Cant believe people still give this douche a job.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-20-2013, 01:08 PM
I think LBJ is taller and stronger but a better athlete? That would depend on how you define athlete.

oak2455
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
The same legend that traded 4 picks (2 1st rounders) for Eddy Curry? That legend?

thats :laugh:

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
michael jordan has made some bad decisions as a gm....remember...he drafted kwame brown....and traded richard hamilton to pistons for jerry stackhouse....legends should never be gms or coaches....

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 01:18 PM
MJ Advantages: Speed, Stamina, Coordination, Acceleration, Hops, Durability, Quickness, Lateral Agility

LeBron Advantages: Strength........

Good one Isiah

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:19 PM
MJ Advantages: Speed, Stamina, Coordination, Acceleration, Hops, Durability, Quickness, Lateral Agility

Good one Isiah

ok your being ignorant....

Lo Porto
02-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Of course LeBron is a better athlete than MJ. That's not even a discussion. LeBron is as big as Malone, dunking as hard as Dominique, moving as fast or faster than Jordan ever did. This shouldn't even be a discussion. If you're fighting on behalf of Jordan, you're delusional over all the years of being force fed the idol worship that is his Airness. The guy was great, but perspective people....

ManRam
02-20-2013, 01:23 PM

Good one Isiah

A lot of those MJ advantages are really close calls. You're probably wrong on a few. The thing you're forgetting too: LeBron is 30-some pounds bigger and at least two inches taller. So the fact that he may be as quick, durable, agile etc. is all the more impressive.

The guy is as big as a lot of bulky power forwards in Jordan's time. Yet he moves around like a PG.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:31 PM
A lot of those MJ advantages are really close calls. You're probably wrong on a few. The thing you're forgetting too: LeBron is 30-some pounds bigger and at least two inches taller. So the fact that he may be as quick, durable, agile etc. is all the more impressive.

The guy is as big as a lot of bulky power forwards in Jordan's time. Yet he moves around like a PG.

don't bother...hes just hating..

kubernetes
02-20-2013, 01:33 PM
1) No one cares what Isaiah cares or thinks.

2) Lebron is a better athlete, but MJ was a stone-cold killer masquerading as a basketball player.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Jordan moves quicker, changes direction quicker, jumps higher, has more stamina, more body control (he had grace), faster, etc.

LeBron is bigger and stronger....

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Jordan moves quicker, changes direction quicker, jumps higher, has more stamina, more body control (he had grace), faster, etc.

LeBron is bigger and stronger....

maybe the only advantage jordan has body control.....nobody can stop lebron....and if they try to....they have no choice but to foul....he is a bull

AntiG
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
yes, LeBron is a better athlete than Mike was.

ewing
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
I don't get why ESPN puts every ex-star's opinion as top news. Why do people care? Especially people like Isiah and Michael. Both were great players (duh), but they say and do some stupid ****.

But, LBJ is the better athlete. Bigger, taller and faster.

He is not faster. Pound for pound he is but when it comes to pure speed you would be a fool to take 270 pound LBJ over a 200 pound MJ

Lo Porto
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I'll give you MJ fans one thing - Jordan had better body control than LeBron has now. But don't sit here and tell me that Jordan was quicker or faster than LeBron is now. That's either you being so in love with MJ or just hating on LeBron. Jordan was never a guy who consistently sprinted up and down the court and led breaks. He was fast, but it wasn't like he was known for being an athletic beast other than his leaping, hanging and body control.

And for the record, I'm a basketball fan and not a huge fan of either guy.

ewing
I think LBJ is taller and stronger but a better athlete? That would depend on how you define athlete.

no one come close to Bron's carbonation or size, power, and speed/hops. To me how elite Bron's movement is considering his size and power is what makes him the greatest athlete i've seen play basketball

Fired-Up
maybe the only advantage jordan has body control.....nobody can stop lebron....and if they try to....they have no choice but to foul....he is a bull

No. All LeBron has over Jordan is size and strength. LeBron can't jump as high, he's not as fast, his coordination is worse, his quickness is worse, his stamina is lower, his agility is worse.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
He is not faster. Pound for pound he is but when it comes to pure speed you would be a fool to take 270 pound LBJ over a 200 pound MJ

many people are saying in foot race....it would be tight...and plus...i don't think lebron weighs 270.....he weights 250-260 max

Lo Porto
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM
It's sad how people are so in love with the memories of MJ that they can't be objective. Jordan wasn't playing against similar talent and athleticism. In today's game, guys like Durant would look like equal physical specimens to MJ. But can't you see the difference between LeBron and Durant and the rest of the league? LeBron does something almost every game where it almost catches your breath. He either accelerates, elevates, or hangs in the air to just make you admire his athleticism.

Unless you just hate him enough to be oblivious, the guy is the best athlete the NBA has seen since Wilt Chamberlain. And it's not even close.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:58 PM
No. All LeBron has over Jordan is size and strength. LeBron can't jump as high, he's not as fast, his coordination is worse, his quickness is worse, his stamina is lower, his agility is worse.

ummm...let me see...other than his size......lebron can't jump high lol....are you kidding me...im gonna prove u wrong.....1. did u forget the fact that lebron dunked over john lucas in a game...like literally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCsjd7cmEvA

number two....u don't think hes quick?...take a look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJSHNxtSko

coordination....isn't he a triple double machine...and top 10 in assist......
and agility?....its worse?.....hes averaging 39 minutes a game....and did u know...right after games...he works out like a bull....i bet u didn't even know these facts.....and what ive mentioned....this is just a small sample

ewing
02-20-2013, 02:02 PM
many people are saying in foot race....it would be tight...and plus...i don't think lebron weighs 270.....he weights 250-260 max

I doubt Bron could run with MJ. Maybe i'm not giving him enough credit in a short sprint but over distance and with changes in direction which is important in basketball Jordan is definitely faster. The fact that people can envision a guy as big a Bron staying with MJ goes to show what kind of athlete he is. 3 inches and 50,60, or 70 pounds of muscle is a hell of a lot

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 02:05 PM
You do know that thomas hates Mj right?

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 02:07 PM
to be honest.....jordan was a scorer...and if you noticed...lebron is taking to another level....lebron has 20 youngest player records...and scored 30 pts while having a 60 % percentile in 6 games.......when lebron is around 34-35.....then we can make a comparison....bill russell should be the best player ever to play the game....watch the last game he played and how he captured his 11th ring

:facepalm: Jordans basketball skills **** on Lebrons.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Good one Isiah
+1

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM

I agree, Todays Nba defensive rules are a joke.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I doubt Bron could out run with MJ. Maybe i'm not giving him enough credit in a short sprint but over distance and with changes in direction which is important in basketball Jordan is definitely faster. The fact that people can envision a guy as big a Bron staying with MJ goes to show what kind of athlete he was. 3 inches and 50,60, or 70 pounds of muscle is a hell of a lot

jordan was the best athlete in any sport at his prime....if you noticed....its just that today's athletes are more athletics...the food they eat are much different....and the exercise machines are more advanced

bbcmillionaire
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
lol at the heat fan insinuating that lebron is better then mike. Lebron has a LONG WAY TO GO, hell give me kobe as of now over lebron(career wise). Of course isiah said that, he hated jordan. Hes a legend no doubt. But after everything he did to the knick fanchise(on and off the court), his previous statements regarding jordan, and their rivalry. Take his opinions with a grain a salt. Lebron is bigger and stronger no doubt, but does that make him better then mike? No. Durant is a better shooter and scorer then lebron, is durant better? No

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
:facepalm: Jordans basketball skills **** on Lebrons.

are you dummy or something?....chris webber asked bill russell.....who was a better player....michael jordan or yourself(bill russell)...g...and he chosed himself....oh ya...ur the same guy that doesn't understand the game...u should change ur name to the delusionist.....man...ppl won't appreciate players like lebron james...go watch mr.russell's tapes...and once u have done that...come back to me...oh ya...thats right....lakers fan can't appreciate superstars in the league except kobe bryant

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Q0iJQdFfM

Some highlights of MJ. 3:30 stands out. Look at how Jordan is able to stop, go and change direction and then the body control at the end.

LeBron could NEVER move that gracefully, swiftly and quickly.

bbcmillionaire
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
It's sad how people are so in love with the memories of MJ that they can't be objective. Jordan wasn't playing against similar talent and athleticism. In today's game, guys like Durant would look like equal physical specimens to MJ. But can't you see the difference between LeBron and Durant and the rest of the league? LeBron does something almost every game where it almost catches your breath. He either accelerates, elevates, or hangs in the air to just make you admire his athleticism.

Unless you just hate him enough to be oblivious, the guy is the best athlete the NBA has seen since Wilt Chamberlain. And it's not even close.

haha see your argument is faulty because you contradicted yourself . You said mike didnt play similar "athleticism and talent. But you said lebron is the greatest athlete since wilt(who's only competition was bill russell, he played 95% of what would be considered sf/pfs using todays standards) I give you the fact that there are better athletes in todays nba, but fouls are called way may frequent. To fans of the 90's nba fans, the league is soft. I mean guys like kevin garnett are called dirty, but in the 90's he'd be just a normal superstar

Lo Porto
02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Jordan made it look so easy but it doesn't mean that he's the better athlete. Jordan would have gotten bullied by LeBron's strength then realized that LeBron is just as fast. And has anybody mentioned that LeBron really wouldn't have to guard MJ from 3 since MJ had pretty much no outside game unless he played Portland in the finals?

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Q0iJQdFfM

Some highlights of MJ. 3:30 stands out. Look at how Jordan is able to stop, go and change direction and then the body control at the end.

LeBron could NEVER move that gracefully, swiftly and quickly.

jordan has that advantage...hes smaller, lighter, and not only that...centers were the most dominant position at that time......and remember this.........lebron can play 4 positions....literally....and hes has skills of a point guard...thats they say hes the most gifted athlete

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Jordan made it look so easy but it doesn't mean that he's the better athlete. Jordan would have gotten bullied by LeBron's strength then realized that LeBron is just as fast. And has anybody mentioned that LeBron really wouldn't have to guard MJ from 3 since MJ had pretty much not outside game unless he played Portland in the finals?

MJ would toast LeBron with his change of direction. It's sad how people don't recognize Jordan's ability to stop and go.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Jordan made it look so easy but it doesn't mean that he's the better athlete. Jordan would have gotten bullied by LeBron's strength then realized that LeBron is just as fast. And has anybody mentioned that LeBron really wouldn't have to guard MJ from 3 since MJ had pretty much not outside game unless he played Portland in the finals?

finally, somebody understands about jordan.....jordan never really had a shot....he starting improving in his prime....and the rest was history

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
finally, somebody understands about jordan.....jordan never really had a shot....he starting improving in his prime....and the rest was history

Jordan came into the league with an elite mid range jumper....

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:34 PM
MJ would toast LeBron with his change of direction. It's sad how people don't recognize Jordan's ability to stop and go.

is that your backup....so wat about hakeem olajuwon...his dream shake was unstoppable

Lo Porto
02-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Nobody "toasts" LeBron now and athletes are more athletic now. Jordan had issues with Joe Dumars until he figured him out. Dumars was 6'4" and never had to face a guy like MJ before. LeBron is 4 inches taller than Dumars, has 100 pounds on him, is a better athlete in every way, and has been playing against athletes like MJ his entire basketball playing life.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Jordan came into the league with an elite mid range jumper....

if it was elite during his early years....how come he couldn't get a ring until he was 28......lebron was in the same boat......look at the jordan interviews....same thing...different era

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
is that your backup....so wat about hakeem olajuwon...his dream shake was unstoppable

I've already said that MJ is the better athlete in pretty much every category except size and strength.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Nobody "toasts" LeBron now and athletes are more athletic now. Jordan had issues with Joe Dumars until he figured him out. Dumars was 6'4" and never had to face a guy like MJ before. LeBron is 4 inches taller than Dumars, has 100 pounds on him, is a better athlete in every way, and has been playing against athletes like MJ his entire basketball playing life.

and not only that......there was dennis johnson...hes was another elite defender....

Fired-Up
if it was elite during his early years....how come he couldn't get a ring until he was 28......lebron was in the same boat......look at the jordan interviews....same thing...different era

Because he didn't have the team to win a ring. His mid range was elite from the beginning. His post and deep range game came later.

Sactown
I thought this was pretty obvious? Lebron James is a physical beast, and it's a huge reason why he is so successful, obviously Jordan was much more skilled, but pure athleticism goes to Bron

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Because he didn't have the team to win a ring. His mid range was elite from the beginning. His post and deep range game came later.

this is the same thing with lebron james.....point proven

Fired-Up
I thought this was pretty obvious? Lebron James is a physical beast, and it's a huge reason why he is so successful, obviously Jordan was much more skilled, but pure athleticism goes to Bron

No. MJ is the Randy Moss of the NBA. LeBron is the Calvin Johnson of the NBA.

I'd always take the gazelle over the bull as far as athleticism.

Fired-Up
this is the same thing with lebron james........

LeBron james can't shoot going to his left.

ChitownSports16
02-20-2013, 02:40 PM
rockbottom sure is trying hard.......

MJ's Feet and Hang time = :worthy::drool::speechless:

AIRMAR72
02-20-2013, 02:42 PM
i think isiah knows what hes talking about....they were rivalries for many years.....NO he dont know what hes talking about zeke just dont like mike at all I believe it was back in 87 or 88 allstar game he was telling all the guys on the eastern squad not to pass the ball to jordan because zeke view MJ as a show-off MJ had the baggy shorts the LOOKS, ILLmatic moves and dunks the sneaker contract with nike, jumps higher than most of the guys in league backthan the posters the honeys(women) etc pistons fans would come the bulls vs pistons games to watch Micheal Jordan play zeke always been jealous of MJ till this day

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:42 PM
LeBron james can't shoot going to his left.

are you sure about that....he just did something nobody has ever done....u just don't want to admit the truth

ChitownSports16
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
btw Thomas and MJ dont like each other so this is expected.... smh

psperry34116
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Any of you taking what Isaiah says seriously because of his legend status is kinda stupid, ask a Knicks fan what they think of Isaiah's judgement of talent.

ChitownSports16
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
you beat me to it.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:44 PM
are you sure about that....he just did something nobody has ever done....u just don't want to admit the truth

Let's keep on topic. LeBron vs MJ in the athleticism department. Just plain MJ vs LeBron is stupid because one murders the other.

bbcmillionaire
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
MJ>lebron get over it, lebron would never be the man, why? He chose to team up with other allstars. Couldn't find success so he took a shortcut. No im no lebron hater, i just hate asinine arguments that says lebron is better then mj. When lebron career wise isn't even where shaq and kobe are*goes back to the bulls forum*

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
rockbottom sure is trying hard.......

MJ's Feet and Hang time = :worthy::drool::speechless:

why should i try...i have nothing to lose....many people are hating lbj because they are scared that he may surpass jordan's legacy.....im not gonna make up stuff.....numbers dont lie

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Let's keep on topic. LeBron vs MJ in the athleticism department. Just plain MJ vs LeBron is stupid because one murders the other.

what are you skip bayless?...lebron did something jordan couldn't do....chicago fans are hating on this.....its ok.....when isiah thomas, charles barkley, reggie miller, and shaquille o neal are saying the same about lebron james.......thats 4 legends...nuff said.....even scottie pippen said it 2011...however he changed him mindcuz he knows the fact that chicago fans will start hating on him

Sactown
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
No. MJ is the Randy Moss of the NBA. LeBron is the Calvin Johnson of the NBA.

I'd always take the gazelle over the bull as far as athleticism.

The problem with that comparison is this... The "Bull" is as fast if not faster than the "Gazelle"

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
what are you skip bayless?...lebron did something jordan couldn't do

Do you have anything to contribute as far as the athleticism. Yes, we get it. LeBron is stronger and bigger. That's one component. There are many others and some of them far more important.

psperry34116
02-20-2013, 02:47 PM
We're talking about a guy who brought in all of these guys on massive contracts: Steve Francis, Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, etc. One of the greatest players all time, but a ****ing terrible judge of talent

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:48 PM
The problem with that comparison is this... The "Bull" is as fast if not faster than the "Gazelle"

Not even close. Jordan's acceleration and change of direction is miles ahead of LeBron.

bbcmillionaire
02-20-2013, 02:48 PM
lol oh yeah rockbottom, look up in the miami heat stadium and who's jersey is retired by another team? thank you and goodbye

ChitownSports16
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
why should i try...i have nothing to lose....many people are hating lbj because they are scared that he may surpass jordan's legacy......

You said it MAY.... but, doubt it. No one is scared. Dude is having 2-3 good weeks and now hes all of a sudden gonna surpass MJ?? child plz...

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
are you dummy or something?....chris webber asked bill russell.....who was a better player....michael jordan or yourself(bill russell)...g...and he chosed himself....oh ya...ur the same guy that doesn't understand the game...u should change ur name to the delusionist.....man...ppl won't appreciate players like lebron james...go watch mr.russell's tapes...and once u have done that...come back to me...oh ya...thats right....lakers fan can't appreciate superstars in the league except kobe bryant

Bottom line

Jordan >>>>Russell

Sactown
02-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Not even close. Jordan's acceleration and change of direction is miles ahead of LeBron.

I disagree.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I dont get it. It's not like he said he's a better basketball player, he said he's a better athlete.

I dont think thats unheard of. I think with Lebron we're looking at one of the greatest athletes of all time. Damn tall, fast as hell and built like a truck. I think MJ is the greatest basketball player of all time, but that doesnt make him a better athlete.

James White and JR Smith are both better athletes than Carmelo, are they better players?

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
They are both once in a generation athletes, and Thomas hates Jordan, so I can't take this too seriously.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
I dont get it. It's not like he said he's a better basketball player, he said he's a better athlete.

I dont think thats unheard of. I think with Lebron we're looking at one of the greatest athletes of all time. Damn tall, fast as hell and built like a truck. I think MJ is the greatest basketball player of all time, but that doesnt make him a better athlete.

James White and JR Smith are both better athletes than Carmelo, are they better players?

that's really all he said. Bigger, stronger, faster. Isn't that all true?

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Bottom line

Jordan >>>>Russell

u don't deserve to be in this forum....go do your history before u even talk

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 02:54 PM
You said it MAY.... but, doubt it. No one is scared. Dude is having 2-3 good weeks and now hes all of a sudden gonna surpass MJ?? child plz...

a good 2-3 weeks?.....what have you been watching?......your in the wrong league son

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Again this isn't bodybuilding and this isn't a combine.

Coordination, quickness, durability, stamina, lateral agility, etc. are all more important than being frickin huge and strong.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 02:59 PM

Coordination, quickness, durability, stamina, lateral agility, etc. are all more important than being frickin huge and strong.

Lebron James has missed practically no games in his career so I think he has "durability", he's capable of playing 40 minutes a night so I think he has "stamina" He has the skills of a PG so I would say he's pretty damn coordinated, he's capable of guarding even the most athletic PG's in the league so he must be quick and have lateral agility.. Oh yes he is fricken huge and strong too...

LongIslandIcedZ
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
that's really all he said. Bigger, stronger, faster. Isn't that all true?

This right here. Athletecism does not mean better at basketball. MJ may not have been the best athlete in his own time. Shawn Kemp comes to mind.

MJ is better than Kemp 11 out of 10 times, doesnt neccassarily mean he's a better athlete.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
why should i try...i have nothing to lose....many people are hating lbj because they are scared that he may surpass jordan's legacy.....im not gonna make up stuff.....numbers dont lie

Lebron has a 0 percent chance of catching Mj big guy.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM

why do you keep on bring up dwight howard's attributes

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Lebron James has missed practically no games in his career so I think he has "durability", he's capable of playing 40 minutes a night so I think he has "stamina" He has the skills of a PG so I would say he's pretty damn coordinated, he's capable of guarding even the most athletic PG's in the league so he must be quick and have lateral agility.. Oh yes he is fricken huge and strong too...

MJ is faster, doesn't wear down/stamina in the 4th quarter (ahem LeBron), better coordination, hops, body control, speed, lateral agility. Literally everything except size and strength.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:05 PM
MJ is faster, doesn't wear down/stamina in the 4th quarter (ahem LeBron), better coordination, hops, body control, speed, lateral agility. Literally everything except size and strength.

I disagree...

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Lebron has a 0 percent chance of catching Mj big guy.

remember.....lbj captured his first ring when was 27....jordan was 28....and oh ya....kobe won his first ring when he was 22....and hes struggling to win another ring...hes going to be 35 this summer......jordan won his 6th when he was 35

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM

ladies and gentlemen.....theres a skip bayless in this forum.....

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
u don't deserve to be in this forum....go do your history before u even talk

So it's Russell>Lebron>Jordan huh?

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I disagree...

Well you are wrong. Watch the tape. You'd be clinically insane to think MJ can't change direction faster than LeBron. In addition only a mad man would say LeBron's body control is superior to Jordan's.

JNoel
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Lebron is a better athlete than Jordan.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
So it's Russell>Lebron>Jordan huh?

lebron doesn't even come in the conversation until his career is done.......juss go look at russell's history.....then once your done...then look at jordans history, then u will understand the nba

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Well you are wrong. Watch the tape. You'd be clinically insane to think MJ can't change direction faster than LeBron. In addition only a mad man would say LeBron's body control is superior to Jordan's.

well a mad man would only say two attributes about lebron james....

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:14 PM
well a mad man would only say two attributes about lebron james....

Look. I believe LeBron is bigger and stronger. I'm giving him that. That's it.

ewing
02-20-2013, 03:15 PM
jordan was the best athlete in any sport at his prime....if you noticed....its just that today's athletes are more athletics...the food they eat are much different....and the exercise machines are more advanced

Not true. Bo Jackson was the top of the food chain as far as pure athleticism goes. Jordan was a great athlete and maybe the most athletic guy in basketball but he was never head and shoulders above everyone in terms of athleticism the way Bron is. At the top of the game there really hasn't been that much of a change. Guys are a little stronger while maintaining flexibility, speed, etc but it guys like Jordan, Kemp, Barkley, and David Robinson would be stand out athletes in today's game too

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:15 PM

Glad you're remaining mature about it.. especially when it's your opinion..

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
are people really arguing this much over this? Its like starting a fight over who is grosser between Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr. There is no wrong answer.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Not true. Bo Jackson was the top of the food chain as far as pure athleticism goes. Jordan was a great athlete and maybe the most athletic guy in basketball but he was never head and shoulders above everyone in terms of athleticism the way Bron is. At the top of the game there really hasn't been that much of a change. Guys are a little stronger while maintaining flexibility, speed, etc but it guys like Jordan, Kemp, Barkley, and David Robinson would be stand out athletes in today's game too

Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders were probably better athletes than Jordan.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:17 PM
LeBron isn't the most athletic player in the NBA. That is Russell Westbrook. Russell's quickness and change of direction is unbelievable.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Look. I believe LeBron is bigger and stronger. I'm giving him that. That's it.

thats how dumb u are about the nba

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 03:19 PM
remember.....lbj captured his first ring when was 27....jordan was 28....and oh ya....kobe won his first ring when he was 22....and hes struggling to win another ring...hes going to be 35 this summer......jordan won his 6th when he was 35

Lebron will never be better than MJ.Get over it.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Lebron will never be better than MJ.Get over it.

God you hate Lebron.

bbcmillionaire
02-20-2013, 03:21 PM

lol to be technical, lebron came out of highschool in 2003, jordan played in college and still won his ring earlier(mike got his his 7th nba season, while lebron took what..an extra 2 seasons?) so dont use that argument, try again young skywalker

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:22 PM
LeBron isn't the most athletic player in the NBA. That is Russell Westbrook. Russell's quickness and change of direction is unbelievable.

I would say the PF sized deer who can get from baseline to baseline with the ball or without it much faster than anyone in the game, and finish from anywhere, the same guy is a human freight train, has the lead argument. But whatever.

ILLUSIONIST^248
lebron doesn't even come in the conversation until his career is done.......juss go look at russell's history.....then once your done...then look at jordans history, then u will understand the nba

Russell Played against NOBODY fool! Russell is not even in the top 5 kid.

rockbottom2010
God you hate Lebron.

hes not the only one

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Russell Played against NOBODY fool! Russell is not even in the top 5 kid.

are you ****ing with me or what.....if you were a true lakers fan....hes faced wilt chamberlain 140 times...it shows that u don't know ur nba history at all...

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
God you hate Lebron.

Because Mj is better? Undefeated in the finals? Lebron is already 1-2 in the finals.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I would say the PF sized deer who can get from baseline to baseline with the ball or without it much faster than anyone in the game, and finish from anywhere, the same guy is a human freight train, has the lead argument. But whatever.

Dwayne Wade who plays with LeBron said that Westbrook was more athletic. He is quicker and more explosive from a stop.

sammid21
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
thats how dumb u are about the nba

Says the guy who thinks Russell is better than MJ. LBJ needed 2 established all star franchise players to win a title. Jordan waited for Pippen to be developed by Jordan (pippen credits Jordan for the player he turned out to be). LBJ is just a freak and better athlete pound for pound, but will never surpass MJ, who took a bottom feeding team and turned the entire franchise into a winning organization. Something LBJ shouldve done in cleveland but couldnt

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Dwayne Wade who plays with LeBron said that Westbrook was more athletic. He is quicker and more explosive from a stop.

so, because he is quicker he is a better athlete? Do you realize how many things go into being athletic? Again, I don't care enough to continue, you can bury yourself if you want.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Because Mj is better? Undefeated in the finals? Lebron is already 1-2 in the finals.

Yeah, because it's totally fair to dock Lebron James for taking his ****** *** team to the finals just to run into the greatest PF of all time and 2 other HOFer's with one of the best coaches ever.. Yeah.. Cleveland really had a fair shake in that series.. :facepalm:

I will give you the Dallas loss tho, that was on Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Spo's shoulders...

But seriously you're like a lebron hating superhero.. Lebron thread? an d POOF you magically appear slurring hateful **** everywhere.. calm down.. No one is saying Lebron is better than Mj..

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Says the guy who thinks Russell is better than MJ. LBJ needed 2 established all star franchise players to win a title. Jordan waited for Pippen to be developed by Jordan (pippen credits Jordan for the player he turned out to be). LBJ is just a freak and better athlete pound for pound, but will never surpass MJ, who took a bottom feeding team and turned the entire franchise into a winning organization. Something LBJ shouldve done in cleveland but couldnt

another newbie....if u know your history with the 2 3-peats........he had b j armstrong and horace grant...both all stars during that time....and then he had 3 point shooters all around....in 96....he played with 2 hall of famers....scottie pippen and dennis rodman......and on top of that ron harper.......when u really want to debate...then come back to me son

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
so, because he is quicker he is a better athlete? Do you realize how many things go into being athletic? Again, I don't care enough to continue, you can bury yourself if you want.

Quickness, lateral agility, hops and coordination are the defining attributes of athleticism. Not strength. This is why Jordan, Moss and Deion Sanders always stood out to me above the muscle heads like Calvin Johnson and LeBron.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM

ur bad....he was in the nba finals in 2007...lost to the spurs and he was only 23....he had no one...please...don't talk

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-20-2013, 03:30 PM
are you ****ing with me or what.....if you were a true lakers fan....hes faced wilt chamberlain 140 times...it shows that u don't know ur nba history at all...

Name me the top 15 players Russel played against. While you're at it, tell me how many teams were in the nba at the time.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Quickness, lateral agility, hops and coordination are the defining attributes of athleticism. Not strength. This is why Jordan, Moss and Deion Sanders always stood out to me above the muscle heads like Calvin Johnson and LeBron.

why are comparing football to basketball...irrelevant comparisons....next

ewing
Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders were probably better athletes than Jordan.

no they were more athletic. So was JR Rider and Shawn Kemp

ILLUSIONIST^248
Yeah, because it's totally fair to dock Lebron James for taking his ****** *** team to the finals just to run into the greatest PF of all time and 2 other HOFer's with one of the best coaches ever.. Yeah.. Cleveland really had a fair shake in that series.. :facepalm:

I will give you the Dallas loss tho, that was on Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Spo's shoulders...

But seriously you're like a lebron hating superhero.. Lebron thread? an d POOF you magically appear slurring hateful **** everywhere.. calm down.. No one is saying Lebron is better than Mj..

Not according to rockbottom.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:32 PM

you left out a bunch, but whatever you need to validate your argument dude.

Sactown

Then Why is Calvin Johnson who shattered the receiving yards in a single season the best WR in the NFL? because he's big? There are bigger wide receivers out there.

Why is Lebron the best player in the NBA? because he's big? There are much bigger players in the NBA than Lebron.

Fired-Up
why are comparing football to basketball...irrelevant comparisons....next

Ok. The more graceful Jordan to me is more athletic the bull that is LeBron James.

rockbottom2010
Name me the top 15 players Russel played against. While you're at it, tell me how many teams were in the nba at the time.

do you think i have time for you ********...if there was no russell or chamberlain...then the game would be different...they were the pioneers of basketball

Lo Porto
MJ>lebron get over it, lebron would never be the man, why? He chose to team up with other allstars. Couldn't find success so he took a shortcut. No im no lebron hater, i just hate asinine arguments that says lebron is better then mj. When lebron career wise isn't even where shaq and kobe are*goes back to the bulls forum*

Without "AllStars" MJ was nothing. He won nothing in Chicago without Pippen who Phil called the best defender he'd ever seen. Without Phil, MJ never got past the 2nd round. Jordan also had the best GM in the game in Jerry Krause. He also had Horace Grant, Rodman, Kukoc (at top 3 Euro at the time), etc., etc.

LeBron's Miami team last year was worse than all of the Bulls teams. The Cavs team that LeBron took to the Finals was worse than any team MJ ever played on. That "AllStars" argument people cop out on carries no weight.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:33 PM
I mean speed isn't important at all for a WR, right...

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Then Why is Calvin Johnson who shattered the receiving yards in a single season the best WR in the NFL? because he's big? There are bigger wide receivers out there.

Why is Lebron the best player in the NBA? because he's big? There are much bigger players in the NBA than Lebron.

He's nothing compared to in Moss. 23 TD's. That's off topic tho.

Yes LeBron is the best player league, but he's not as athletic as Westbrook or Jordan.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Ok. The more graceful Jordan to me is more athletic the bull that is LeBron James.

just stop being a punk

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Not according to rockbottom.

what the **** are you talking about....ur delusional

sammid21
another newbie....if u know your history with the 2 3-peats........he had b j armstrong and horace grant...both all stars during that time....and then he had 3 point shooters all around....in 96....he played with 2 hall of famers....scottie pippen and dennis rodman......and on top of that ron harper.......when u really want to debate...then come back to me son

Youre a funny dude, Ive been watching since '87, and i cant believe you brought BJ and Grant. Pippen was developed, not an established player, rodamn was just a great rebounder with harrassing defense, again, not a franchise player like Wade or Bosh. Which both have to be gaurded and give LBJ the freedom to get the monsterous numbers he is getting since he cant be double teamed as much as MJ did.

Sactown
He's nothing compared to in Moss. 23 TD's. That's off topic tho.

Yes LeBron is the best player league, but he's not as athletic as Westbrook or Jordan.

Why are they both so good than? You ignored the question.. I'm asking WHY? And still breaking the single season yards for a WR is impressive as hell, and he's still young and could break 23 TD's too...

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
just stop being a punk

Nah man. I won't waver from my statement. Jordan is much more laterally gifted, higher stamina, better hops, coordination, quickness, speed, etc.

Lebron is stronger and bigger.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Lets be real the reason LeBron is the best player in the league is because he has the best combo of athleticism and skill in the league.

He's the 2nd most athletic player in the league to me and to Dwayne Wade. And the most skilled as well.

Hawkeye15
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Nah man. I won't waver from my statement. Jordan is much more laterally gifted, higher stamina, better hops, coordination, quickness, speed, etc.

The first 2 you would be hard pressed to prove. The third is flat out b.s. LeBron's speed is off the charts. So is his strength. You are missing what Thomas said. Bigger, stronger, faster. In a sport where that matters, that is a part of athletic ability. He is Karl Malone's size and moves like Jason Kidd did. That is a freak ATHLETE.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Youre a funny dude, Ive been watching since '87, and i cant believe you brought BJ and Grant. Pippen was developed, not an established player, rodamn was just a great rebounder with harrassing defense, again, not a franchise player like Wade or Bosh. Which both have to be gaurded and give LBJ the freedom to get the monsterous numbers he is getting since he cant be double teamed as much as MJ did.

Pippen and Rodman are HOFers.. they weren't scrubs.. and they were the best defenders on the team, and even without MJ that team made a hell of a playoff run, so yes they had some pretty damn good players on that roster.. Also bull **** to the "being double teamed argument" Lebron is double teamed just as often, hence why his shooters get so many open looks.. Just the same as MJ..

I'm not arguing that Lebron is a better player, because he isn't... But bashing Lebron to promote your agenda isn't helping MJ it's hurting him.. It makes all the rational basketball fans post how human MJ is.. So stop hating and just appreciate that Lebron is a one in a generation type player.. even if he isn't MJ

But he has to be pretty damn good to get the comparisons.

ewing
02-20-2013, 03:41 PM
LeBron athletic ability is like Kate Upton ****. Bron does have better **** but at this point the Micheal at his best is still better then what we have seen from Bron.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM
The first 2 you would be hard pressed to prove. The third is flat out b.s. LeBron's speed is off the charts. So is his strength. You are missing what Thomas said. Bigger, stronger, faster. In a sport where that matters, that is a part of athletic ability. He is Karl Malone's size and moves like Jason Kidd did. That is a freak ATHLETE.

Jordan doesn't wear down in the 4th quarter like Lebron. Jordan at 60 pounds lighter almost surely had higher stamina.

Jordan also had a 48 inch vertical and ran a 4.3

IKnowHoops
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Prime for prime, Lebron is bigger (by 60 lbs) , faster, stronger. They have equal hops. Jordan is quicker side to side.

Lebron is the better athlete.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:48 PM

ive been watching the game as long as you have been watching.....one superstar is not enough to win a championship.......pippen was a superstar during his prime....at the same time...if you noticed.....their bench was deep......dennis rodman took his defensive game to another level....he purposely avg 7ppg in his career...he was more focused on the defensive size

remember one thing...there was a reason why wade, james, and bosh formed an alliance...look at the past....look at the 08 celtics...they had garnett, pierce and allen....look the 09 and 10 lakers...they had kobe, gasol, and bynum

now lets go to the 80s

look at the 89 and 90 pistons
they had rodman, thomas, dumars, laimbeer, etc

80s celtics
bird, mchale, johnson, parish

80s lakers
magic, worthy, abdul jabbar

sammid21
02-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Pippen and Rodman are HOFers.. they weren't scrubs.. and they were the best defenders on the team, and even without MJ that team made a hell of a playoff run, so yes they had some pretty damn good players on that roster.. Also bull **** to the "being double teamed argument" Lebron is double teamed just as often, hence why his shooters get so many open looks.. Just the same as MJ..

I'm not arguing that Lebron is a better player, because he isn't... But bashing Lebron to promote your agenda isn't helping MJ it's hurting him.. It makes all the rational basketball fans post how human MJ is.. So stop hating and just appreciate that Lebron is a one in a generation type player.. even if he isn't MJ

But he has to be pretty damn good to get the comparisons.

Im not bashing LBJ, im just saying that Wade and Bosh take pressure off him. No one double Pippen or Rodman back in the day. and like i said Pippen was DEVELOPED, and not an established player, big difference man, no one knew Pippen was gonna be that good. Jordan pushed him to be that good. LBJ never had to push Wade or Bosh because they were ESTABLISHED all stars.

Dont get me wrong, LBJ is a top 10 alltime player IMO, i like his game now (no more flops like before) but just hate it when people dont know the difference from playing alongside established players and developed players.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM

ur statements mean nothing.....

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Jordan ran a 4.3 and had a 48 inch vertical.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Jordan ran a 4.3 and had a 48 inch vertical.

ur a hypocrite....really

Eagles4Lyfe
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Exactly what is wrong with what he said??
It's true Lebron James is the greatest athletic player to ever play basketball. There hasn't been and probably never will be a freak of a player like this guy.

But when it comes to skillset and playing wise, MJ is better than him no doubt.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
Im not bashing LBJ, im just saying that Wade and Bosh take pressure off him. No one double Pippen or Rodman back in the day. and like i said Pippen was DEVELOPED, and not an established player, big difference man, no one knew Pippen was gonna be that good. Jordan pushed him to be that good. LBJ never had to push Wade or Bosh because they were ESTABLISHED all stars.

Dont get me wrong, LBJ is a top 10 alltime player IMO, i like his game now (no more flops like before) but just hate it when people dont know the difference from playing alongside established players and developed players.

Rodman was established, he had already received his ring, Pippen had already been an established defender, not established as Wade per say, but definitely elite defensively, and also Pippen hit stride when Jordan did, unfortunately for Lebron, Wade is already on the backside of 30 and easily past his peak/prime. I think their supporting casts were great in their own rights, but being established vs joining in stride is just to nit picky for me to differenciate

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Jordan had a 48 inch vertical. Eat it.

The guy was coming in sideways during his dunks. He could almost put his chin on the rim. Think about that. The man got off the damn ground.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:55 PM

The guy was coming in sideways during his dunks. He could almost put his chin on the rim. Think about that. The man got off the damn ground.
Over 10 players in the league can get their chin above the rim...

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:55 PM

if u have any evidence....then i would believe it...if not...ur soft

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
if u have any evidence....then i would believe it...if not...ur soft

It's all over Google. Jordan's vert was continually listed at 48 inches. LeBron is listed at 39 inches.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
It's all over Google. Jordan's vert was continually listed at 48 inches. LeBron is listed at 39 inches.

why can't you prove it to me?...cuz ur bullshiting....if u are the real deal....show me the proof

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
why can't you prove it to me?...cuz ur bullshiting....if u are the real deal....show me the proof

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/512/meeeuu1.jpg/sr=1

Images of a 6'4" Jordan above the rim. His actual height was 6'4". Look all over Google.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:13 PM
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/512/meeeuu1.jpg/sr=1

Images of a 6'4" Jordan above the rim. His actual height was 6'4". Look all over Google.

i was right...ur a bullshitter........ur evidence means ****

effen5
02-20-2013, 04:15 PM
What the **** are you guys arguing about?

Lebron is more athletic, hes just bigger, faster, and stronger.

Jordan was fast, but Jordan was more fundamentally advanced then Lebron will ever be which made Jordan just unguardable.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 04:17 PM
i was right...ur a bullshitter........ur evidence means ****

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/vertical-jump.htm

There. MJ. 48 inch vert.

JohnnyOutcast
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM
"Michael Jordan eats baby kittens for breakfast" - Isiah Thomas

effen5
02-20-2013, 04:20 PM

Actually, I Just read it, Jordan was 48. According to this, http://www.verticaldunk.com/highest-vertical-jump-the-record-book Scottie had a 48 as well…

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:21 PM
http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/vertical-jump.htm

There. MJ. 48 inch vert.

can u read
Below is a list of some of the reported top scores by a variety of NBA players. These results have not been confirmed. Some of these scores were sourced from Vertcoach.com.

and not only that lebron james....***** please...stop talking...u don't know ****

ewing
02-20-2013, 04:21 PM
ive been watching the game as long as you have been watching.....one superstar is not enough to win a championship.......pippen was a superstar during his prime....at the same time...if you noticed.....their bench was deep......dennis rodman took his defensive game to another level....he purposely avg 7ppg in his career...he was more focused on the defensive size

remember one thing...there was a reason why wade, james, and bosh formed an alliance...look at the past....look at the 08 celtics...they had garnett, pierce and allen....look the 09 and 10 lakers...they had kobe, gasol, and bynum

now lets go to the 80s

look at the 89 and 90 pistons
they had rodman, thomas, dumars, laimbeer, etc

80s celtics
bird, mchale, johnson, parish

80s lakers
magic, worthy, abdul jabbar

Rodman was well into his side show act by the time he joined the Bulls. He was still a very effective player but did not "up" his game at that stage of his career

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Actually, I Just read it, Jordan was 48. According to this, http://www.verticaldunk.com/highest-vertical-jump-the-record-book Scottie had a 48 as well…

Maybe it's a poor source? Reality is, wherever you search Jordan had a 48 inch vert.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM

lebron jumped 44'' thats pretty damn good....fired-up said that hes a 39...wat a bullshitter....and they don't jump that high during games

effen5
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
can u read
Below is a list of some of the reported top scores by a variety of NBA players. These results have not been confirmed. Some of these scores were sourced from Vertcoach.com.

and not only that lebron james....***** please...stop talking...u don't know ****

Do all of us a favor and type like a normal person. You sound a like a huge dbag talking like that.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Do all of us a favor and type like a normal person. You sound a like a huge dbag talking like that.

if u see what fired up said...then u would understand.....trust me...u would know

beliges
02-20-2013, 04:25 PM
I would say Lebron is the greatest athlete to ever play in the NBA. Athletically, he is gifted and this has been the reason he has been able to dominate the regular season as much as he has.

Muttman73
02-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Jordan was still better

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 04:27 PM
lebron jumped 44'' thats pretty damn good....fired-up said that hes a 39...wat a bullshitter....and they don't jump that high during games

Ok I exaggerated. MJ still had more hops than LeBron and if I'm not mistaken LBJ did not clear 40 inches at the combine in 2003.

It just goes to show. MJ was more athletic in all areas. LBJ is just stronger and bigger.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Ok I exaggerated. MJ still had more hops than LeBron and if I'm not mistaken LBJ did not clear 40 inches at the combine in 2003.

It just goes to show. MJ was more athletic in all areas. LBJ is just stronger and bigger.

u know wats the funny part...if u know ur math...lebron did that when he was 18....jordan did it when he was 21......lebron was still growing at the time.....so u can't determine on those sources......

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 04:31 PM
u know wats the funny part...if u know ur math...lebron did that when he was 18....jordan did it when he was 21......lebron was still growing at the time.....so u can't determine on those sources...

LBJ's vert did not increase. Being well over 200 pounds and continually getting more muscular is not the way to increase your vert.

ewing
02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
It not surprising that young had Micheal a little foot more speed or a slightly better vert. Bron is 3 or 4 inches taller and 50 or 60 pounds heavier. The fact that Bron is the ballpark in these areas while being so much bigger and stronger then Micheal makes him a greater athletic specimen to me. He is even more of a freak

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 04:36 PM
LBJ's vert did not increase. Being well over 200 pounds and continually getting more muscular is not the way to increase your vert.

jordan weighed more than 200 lbs...so i don't get your point....i betcha that he could surpass that...with ease

ewing
02-20-2013, 04:38 PM
jordan weighed more than 200 lbs...so i don't get your point....i betcha that he could surpass that...with ease

Jordan was listed at 200 when he entered the league. he may have been slightly more

Green_Monster
02-20-2013, 04:50 PM

ur an idiot......he was a coach during lebron's early years....so he knows....not only that...hes a legend...never question a legend

Homer.

Fired-Up
02-20-2013, 05:04 PM

MJ was listed at 6-6 195. But it's more likely he was around 6-4 185. He had the perfect basketball body. The absolute prototype.

leftymo
02-20-2013, 05:17 PM
MJ was listed at 6-6 195. But it's more likely he was around 6-4 185. He had the perfect basketball body. The absolute prototype.

MJ wasn't 6'4" he might be now, b/c he's 50 years old...

MJ was taller than pretty much every SG in the league when he played. It wasn't until late in his career when guys like 6'6" Kobe or 6'6" Eddie Jones, or some of the other taller SG's came into the league where MJ would even get his shot blocked.

But LBJ is a FAR superior athlete than MJ. I used to say MJ is the greatest athlete to ever play basketball. Lebron passed MJ several years ago with regards to athleticism.

IversonIsKrazy
02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Jordan was the better player, but I do agree that LeBron is more athletic. I mean look at him. LeBron is hands down the most athletic player that has ever stepped foot in the NBA.