PDA

View Full Version : ATL Josh Smith For Eric Bledsoe Newest Trade Rumor.....

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard

In trying to move J Smith, ATL called LAC and asked about Bledsoe. Short conversation. Clips not really interested in trading for Smith.

I know it's Broussard, but this makes a lot of sense to me. I saw a rumor that Boston was interested in Smoove. Sounds like Atl might have some interest in Bledsoe. Not sure why they would but this could be an easy 3 team trade salary wise if true. It sounds like the Clippers don't want to trade DJ but would trade Bledsoe for KG. This would allow them to send Odom and Bledsoe probably picks to the Hawks and Smith would go to Boston. It seems like not nearly enough for Atlanta but they don't have any leverage and all reports say they are determined to make a move. Even though Smoove is expiring I have to think Boston would consider him a great get for KG! I think the Clippers would do this in a second. Does this make any sense?

shep33
02-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Absolutely, I was thinking about this earlier. If Boston gives up Pierce + fillers for Smith, KG might want to leave. That being said, KG + Smith up front is pretty serious defensively and the Celts add an athlete they desperately need in that starting lineup. But if KG wants out, he'll definitely go to the Clips at the expense of DJ + maybe Bledsoe

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Absolutely, I was thinking about this earlier. If Boston gives up Pierce + fillers for Smith, KG might want to leave. That being said, KG + Smith up front is pretty serious defensively and the Celts add an athlete they desperately need in that starting lineup. But if KG wants out, he'll definitely go to the Clips at the expense of DJ + maybe Bledsoe

I didn't even think about that. That could also happen.

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll be ok with getting Bledsoe and some picks.

Sportfan
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
eh, I'm not sure. I like Smoove WITH KG, not so much without

mgsports
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
KG going to have to waive his no Trade Clause and hasen't done so yet.

JNoel
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Trade isn't that bad. I would assume Devin Harris or Jeff Teague would have to be shipped out as well with the arrival of Bledsoe:

Clipps receive: KG, Avery Bradley, Fab Melo

Hawks receive: Bledsoe, Deandre Jordan, Courtney Lee, future 1st round pick

Celtics receive: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia, and Jeff Teague

Everymanalion
02-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Newest reports/rumors are that the Hawks are trying to get the Clippers to give Bledsoe for Smith. I'm actually one of the few that would support this move. Smith has hit 39 percent of 3's this year and CAN play SF. He can also play some backup 4 if needed. My only issue is when he's a free agent re-signing him and the cash he will command. Although the Clippers have a lot of cap flexibility the next two summers so it would work out most likely. A trio of CP3+Smith+Griffin would be absurd.

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Trade isn't that bad. I would assume Devin Harris or Jeff Teague would have to be shipped out as well with the arrival of Bledsoe:

I would say Harris. I would like to keep both Teague and Bledsoe and battle it out for the PG spot.

NoahH
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
That would be a solid deal for the Clippers on a rental basis i suppose to make a run at a championship but why would ATL pick up Bledsoe to backup Teague?

No way LAC can afford three max contracts next year right

Master Mind
02-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Makes no sense for Atlanta. And does it work money wise?

JNoel
02-19-2013, 06:16 PM
I would say Harris. I would like to keep both Teague and Bledsoe and battle it out for the PG spot.

That would be a small backcourt: Teague, Bledsoe, and Lou Williams. If you trade Teague, let go of Harris in free agency this summer and have cap flex with Bledsoe, Deandre, draft picks; not a bad trade for Smith who represents little value currently.

Green_Monster
02-19-2013, 06:18 PM

Celtics would probably say no to that. They trade most of their pieces for someone who wants a max contract and might leave next year?

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:20 PM
That would be a small backcourt: Teague, Bledsoe, and Lou Williams. If you trade Teague, let go of Harris in free agency this summer and have cap flex with Bledsoe, Deandre, draft picks; not a bad trade for Smith who represents little value currently.

I meant them 2 battle it out the rest of the year then either have Teague leave in the Summer or trade Bledsoe for another draft pick. I would really prefer to stack draft picks to try to trade up. I don't know if Bledsoe is that much better than Teague at this moment, so I don't want to trade him just to get Bledsoe in return.

BoSox47
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM

celticcs would not give away kg, avery bradley,lee for those

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 06:23 PM

That's very interesting. Not sure Atl wants to give Teague or Boston Bradley, but I can see the Clipps including DJ in a deal as long as they are getting young PG to replace Bledsoe.

Knick_Fever
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
There's a report on Rotoworld.com that has a potential deal heating up between Hawks and Bucks having Ellis going to ATL for Josh Smith.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/200859/reports-bucks-getting-in-on-josh-smith-talks

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
There's a report on Rotoworld.com that has a potential deal heating up between Hawks and Bucks having Ellis going to ATL for Josh Smith.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/200859/reports-bucks-getting-in-on-josh-smith-talks

I really don't see what the point of that is for us, unless it includes a 1st, and we are just taking Ellis to stay competitive this year and then he leaves and we clear cap space (like we would with Smith) but with another 1st rounder.

Knick_Fever
02-19-2013, 06:31 PM
I really don't see what the point of that is for us, unless it includes a 1st, and we are just taking Ellis to stay competitive this year and then he leaves and we clear cap space (like we would with Smith) but with another 1st rounder.

I agree but the article states that ATL likes the Ellis-Teague back-court combo. In hindsight I think its a better duo than ellis-jennings because teague is more of a pure point and would complement ellis better.

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I agree but the article states that ATL likes the Ellis-Teague back-court combo. In hindsight I think its a better duo than ellis-jennings because teague is more of a pure point and would complement ellis better.

The problem I have with it is it's just going to have another player take the ball out of Teague's hands. That is the problem I had with Smith sometimes. We still haven't seen the full development of Teague as he has never really fully become the floor leader.

harryjoe64
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I agree with the person who started this thread. Maybe just throw in a 1st round pick from the Celtics and Clippers to the Hawks, and the trade could work for all parties involved. The money works out.

Hawks get: Bledsoe, Odom, 1st round picks from Celtics and Clippers
Clippers get: KG
Boston gets: Josh Smith

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

On Bucks/Josh Smith talk: Hawks' interest believed to start w/Monta Ellis, since Monta could play next to Jeff Teague, whom Hawks still like

This just sounds made up and them putting 1 and 1 together. Oh Bucks have a SG. Hawks "Might" want a SG. Hawks like Teague. They "Might" want to pair him up with Ellis. Ellis and Smith have matching contracts. Let's post this rumor.

Knick_Fever
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
The problem I have with it is it's just going to have another player take the ball out of Teague's hands. That is the problem I had with Smith sometimes. We still haven't seen the full development of Teague as he has never really fully become the floor leader.

I definitely understand what you're saying and I agree. You want to pair teague with someone like Redick or even Shumpert. Then I think we'll see Teague blossom into a 20+ppg, 10+apg type of point, definite for all-star next year. But you would have to involve a third team so you can get more than just a two-guard to equate value for Smith. Possibly a small forward similar to gerald wallace, who can defend and finish.

NickyNick
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I agree with the person who started this thread. Maybe just throw in a 1st round pick from the Celtics and Clippers to the Hawks, and the trade could work for all parties involved. The money works out.

Hawks get: Bledsoe, Odom, 1st round picks from Celtics and Clippers
Clippers get: KG
Boston gets: Josh Smith

remove both of the 1st round picks

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
I definitely understand what you're saying and I agree. You want to pair teague with someone like Redick or even Shumpert. Then I think we'll see Teague blossom into a 20+ppg, 10+apg type of point, definite for all-star next year. But you would have to involve a third team so you can get more than just a two-guard to equate value for Smith. Possibly a small forward similar to gerald wallace, who can defend and finish.

Yeah, Teague is already a 14/7 guy with Smith (and for some of the season Lou Williams being Coach's favorite and benching Teague for no reason), so have been curious to see him lead a team without anybody taking that away from him.

I don't really know which direction Ferry is heading with rebuilding (trade for players or through draft) but me personally, I always prefer draft and would love to add to our 2 1st rounders this year and somehow come away with a Shabazz/etc to go along with Teague and Horford.

Bravo95
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
No interest in Odom. I'd want Deandre Jordan in any deal with LAC and BOS. Rather keep Teague over Bledsoe.

Celtics would probably say no to that. They trade most of their pieces for someone who wants a max contract and might leave next year?
He'd likely stay because his boy Rondo is there. And he already named Boston as one of his preferred destinations when this came up last season or whenever that was.

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 06:50 PM
From the Bucks standpoint why would you trade for a guy that personally came out and said he hated the city?

Knick_Fever
02-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Teague is already a 14/7 guy with Smith (and for some of the season Lou Williams being Coach's favorite and benching Teague for no reason), so have been curious to see him lead a team without anybody taking that away from him.

I don't really know which direction Ferry is heading with rebuilding (trade for players or through draft) but me personally, I always prefer draft and would love to add to our 2 1st rounders this year and somehow come away with a Shabazz/etc to go along with Teague and Horford.

I added you as a contact. Im leaving work right now but would like to pick up on this converstation later. Im interested in the Hawks' situation with building around Horford and Teague, bright future there. I'll get back in about 2 hours to continue.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Wait how did my thread get moved and re-named but I am still the OP?

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
As a Spurs fan I really hope the Clips trade Bledsoe. He is a huge mis match for us

Bravo95
02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
You want to pair teague with someone like Redick or even Shumpert. Then I think we'll see Teague blossom into a 20+ppg, 10+apg type of point, definite for all-star next year.
Only things holding Teague back are the turnovers and his coach's total lack of patience when he commits them.

dtmagnet
02-19-2013, 07:48 PM

Wtf? I don't think so...

TyrionLannister
02-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I wanna see him end up on the Spurs.

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 09:15 PM
I wanna see him end up on the Spurs.

Would be interesting to finally see what Smith can do under the best coach in the league, though I want the best offer possible for the Hawks.

hugepatsfan
02-19-2013, 09:20 PM

:laugh2:

VinceCarter
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Basically you want to give up Bledsoe a young stud for Garnett an old, dirty player who has 1 year left? IDIOTIC. Blake and Garnett? lol

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Basically you want to give up Bledsoe a young stud for Garnett an old, dirty player who has 1 year left? IDIOTIC. Blake and Garnett? lol

Yea. Blake and KG! I don't get it. What's the joke?

RLundi
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Wait, so the Clips don't want Smoove but they want Millsap...?

Chronz
02-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Wait, so the Clips don't want Smoove but they want Millsap...?
Milsap can shoot and provide a different look offensively.

Smith isn't the play finisher milly is, more of a facilitator and the clips already have that in Blake.

RLundi
02-19-2013, 10:08 PM

Smith isn't the play finisher milly is, more of a facilitator and the clips already have that in Blake.

Aren't the Clips one of the highest scoring teams in the league? It seems like offense wouldn't be a problem. I thought interior defense was what the Clips were looking for, partly why they were interested in KG. it also seems Smith would be a better fit because he can play both forward spots comfortably.

kylem4711
02-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Aren't the Clips one of the highest scoring teams in the league? It seems like offense wouldn't be a problem. I thought interior defense was what the Clips were looking for, partly why they were interested in KG. it also seems Smith would be a better fit because he can play both forward spots comfortably.

clips score a lot, but could use more production from the big men. Blake is really all there is. other then that its dj, odom, turiaf, and hollins. not exactly the best big men in the league

RLundi
02-19-2013, 10:15 PM
clips score a lot, but could use more production from the big men. Blake is really all there is. other then that its dj, odom, turiaf, and hollins. not exactly the best big men in the league

Gotcha. Did not know they were looking for offense at the forward spots.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 10:49 PM
As much as I love Bledsoe...if his value is really Josh Smith or Paul Milsap I'd really like to see the team move him. I'd like to see us keep DJ because it's scary moving forward without a long term Center. I don't really see why the Clippers couldn't trade for Smith or Milsap and move DJ to the bench. I love Josh Smith as a player but I'd prefer Milsap. He's a better fit for what we are trying to do and is more likely to re-sign at a reasonable price. KG is the guy I really want, but I might be a little disappointed if we stand pat seeing the value that Bledsoe has.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Gotcha. Did not know they were looking for offense at the forward spots.

That being the reason KG is the guy they really want. Defense is a big problem but they need scoring up front too. KG gives you both. This may sound really silly but he could be the best long term trade option too. Smith and Milsap are FA's that will probably walk. I think the team likes KG's contract and the idea of having him for more than just 30 games plus playoffs.

c.c.
02-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Bledsoe, Harris, Teauge, Williams? Four under sized SG that's playing PG

Chronz
02-19-2013, 11:45 PM

Well statistically I think we are the 2nd most well rounded squad in terms of finishing in the top5 on d and o.

So at this point you can go either way without worry.

And I like to think spacing is the x factor when discussing 2 players of similar tangible value. Smith is an ace defense, but doesn't mesh with Blake the way Millly could

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 11:56 PM
Bledsoe, Harris, Teauge, Williams? Four under sized SG that's playing PG

Teague averages more assists than Kyrie Irving. Nice undersized SG playing the PG role I guess.

Cracka2HI!
02-20-2013, 12:01 AM
What about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=acba7sd

Clippers get KG
Boston gets Jefferson
Utah gets Bledsoe, Odom, Bass

It would be pretty funny if Boston traded Garnett for Jefferson now, but it makes sense. It would also be really funny to see Odom dicked over and traded to Utah!

Losoway
02-20-2013, 12:25 AM
josh smith is light years better then bledsoe im sorry the clippers are drunk if they dont jump on this

Losoway
02-20-2013, 12:27 AM
can yall please let go the idea kg is getting traded. HE SAID HIMSELF HE ISNT WAIVING HIS TRADE CLAUSE FOR NOTHING

celtics need to just let them retire and stop being unloyal

JOSKOMANG4
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
- clippers acquire sf p.pierce & sg r.bell
- celtics acquire c al jefferson
- jazz acquire sf c.butler, pg e.bledsoe, and future 1st rd pick from celtics.

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 01:11 AM
i don't think the clippers are going to trade eric bledsoe...the clippers want to make sure that chris paul signs an extension....and if he does...bledsoe will be traded during the summer....if not...bledsoe will be their pg of the future....

hugepatsfan
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
^ There's logic on that reasoning, but scared money don't make none. The Clips have a real shot at the title this year. CP3 could re-up in the summer and then blow out his knee and never be the same player that can lead LAC to a title. The smart money is on CP3 to re-sign. It would suck for the Clips if they miss an opportunity to give themselves an even better chance at the a title over a fear that CP3 won't re-sign when it looks extremely likely that he will.

JiffyMix88
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Smith and a 1st round pick are gonna get traded for Ersan and Sanders, since Josh Smith wants to play for the Bucks and I can't see the Bucks not wanting him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-20-2013, 12:55 PM
lmao idk how clippers are getting these crazy offers for Bledsoe:laugh:

the guy isnt anything special or am I missing something?

Cracka2HI!
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM

You're right, you missed something.

Chronz
02-20-2013, 01:08 PM

Dont see what makes them crazy.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
Bledsoe for Millsap/Smith is ****en laughable

jason17
02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
David Aldridge: League sources list Milwaukee, Washington, Brooklyn as most diligent on Josh Smith, but Danny Ferry keeping cards close to chest... Twitter @daldridgetnt
Rumors tagsAtlanta Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks, Brooklyn Nets, Washington Wizards, Trade, Danny Ferry, Josh Smith

Michael Lee: Randy Wittman on #wizards at trade deadline: "You’re always looking to improve your team. Always. Especially when you’re in our situation." Twitter @MrMichaelLee
Rumors tagsWashington Wizards, Trade, Randy Wittman

Wizards Amongst Most Active Teams Interested In Josh Smith
Feb 20, 2013 10:55 AM EST

The Washington Wizards are interested in trading for Josh Smith, according to sources.

The Wizards, along with the Milwaukee Bucks and Brooklyn Nets, have been 'most diligent' about Smith.

The Atlanta Hawks have been very motivated sellers of Smith at the deadline.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason and seeks a max contract.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com

Wizards can offer some very good pieces for the Hawks if anything Wizards can offer okefor-Crawford-Vesley or Singleton which im sure are better offers than Monte or what nets are offering. Wiz are a very hidden team in getting him.

*Silver&Black*
02-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Smith and a 1st round pick are gonna get traded for Ersan and Sanders, since Josh Smith wants to play for the Bucks and I can't see the Bucks not wanting him.

No, and that is totally opposite of what Smith has said about the Bucks in the past, where did you hear this?

Rockice_8
02-20-2013, 01:23 PM

ATL doesn't want Smith for Pierce and fillers they'd want Bledsoe and a pick.

It would have to be something like
C's - Smith
LAC - KG
ATL - Bledsoe + picks + expiring

Chronz
02-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Bledsoe for Millsap/Smith is ****en laughable

Care to explain why? I mean your first post already told us that you dont see how these offers are coming about but in reality they are coming about because they are very sensible. The only thing I find laughable is your logic. No offense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Bledsoe isnt even a starter and he was playing in a D-league a little while ago.

Those trades are never gonna happen.

Cracka2HI!
02-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Bledsoe isnt even a starter and he was playing in a D-league a little while ago.

Those trades are never gonna happen.

The trades may never happen but you are proving to yourself why you don't know anything about Bledsoe's value. There are zero PG's in the NBA that can start over the Clippers starter and he was in the D-League on a 3 game rehab stint. Have you heard anything about him since that lowest point of his career? If that's all you know about him you've answered your own question and shouldn't be posting your opinion on a matter you know so little about.

Sactown
02-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Bledsoe is a talented young PG. I don't think he has the value of Josh Smith, but unfortunately for the Hawks, everyone knows Smith is going to demand max money next season and not many teams want a rental, or to pay the max for him. He's definitely going to be sold low.