PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sheridan on WFAN says Nets will attempt to go after Dwight and keep Lopez.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:15 PM
he talking this for real. Dwight according to him is pissed. He wants out of LA, Kobe according to him does not care where he goes. Nets euro pieces and young picks would go to LA. Dwight wants Brooklyn. Lakers 50/50 to unloading him for assets. This is 50/50 before deadline.

Lakers will attempt to get under the cap to make a run at LeBron.

lpdunks8
02-19-2013, 05:20 PM
he talking this for real. Dwight according to him is pissed. He wants out of LA, Kobe according to him does not care where he goes. Nets euro pieces and young picks would go to LA. Dwight wants Brooklyn. Lakers 50/50 to unloading him for assets. This is 50/50 before deadline.

Lakers will attempt to get under the cap to make a run at LeBron.

Four things:
1. Link Please
2. Who are the Euro pieces?
3. Why would the Lakers want picks that won't be in the lottery?
4. Even if Howard re-signs, they'd have enough for Lebron James.

HYFR
I really don't believe anything Sheridan says at this point.

Metsboi69
I have some respect for Chris Sheridan but this is ludicrous.

mgsports
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Kris Humphries and Blache would have to be in deal.

Hellcrooner
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Howard + Lopez?

Good luck trying to make it work.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
LOLOLOL. They won't have any space unless they get rid of guys like Joe Johnson and Wallace. And they don't have any pieces to trade too.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Howard + Lopez?

Good luck trying to make it work.

Lopez's offence can work at PF.

JEDean89
02-19-2013, 05:27 PM
lol nets think they can do a joe johnson for dwight trade. but seriously do you know how many more teams have better trade assets for Dwight than the Lakers?

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Four things:
1. Link Please
2. Who are the Euro pieces?
3. Why would the Lakers want picks that won't be in the lottery?
4. Even if Howard re-signs, they'd have enough for Lebron James.

He was just on WFAN radio w/ Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts. Evan is a Nets fan radio host, Joe is a Knicks fan radio host. He said it's 50/50 to happening. Lakers don't want him leaving for nothing. The Euro pieces are drafted players the Nets have from Europe who are young, they would throw in Brooks and Taylor and a few others.

#4 you're on your own with. Kobe is not happy w/ Dwight, Dwight does not like LA.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:28 PM
lol nets think they can do a joe johnson for dwight trade. but seriously do you know how many more teams have better trade assets for Dwight than the Lakers?

many...The Rockets, the Bulls but who's going to pull the trigger and sign him to the deal he wants?

I don't think this is happening. Sheridan sounds sure.

justinnum1
02-19-2013, 05:29 PM
If the lakers are hoping bron goes there they are so ****ed lol

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Once the podcast is up, someone go find it. You can replay up to two hours I believe online as well

still1ballin
02-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Gasol is out for awhile, I doubt the Lakers will trade Howard away without getting any bigs back.

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:33 PM
What time was this at? I'll go back and stream it online via http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/sports-radio-66-wfan-ny

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Nets Daily: http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/19/4006236/sheridan-nets-lakers-dwight-howard-rumors-trade-deadline

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:35 PM
What time was this at? I'll go back and stream it online via http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/sports-radio-66-wfan-ny

I'm pretty sure 4:15 somewhere around there. I caught it at the end. But Joe and Evan were like imagine Thurs. if that happens and we're on the air.

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm pretty sure 4:15 somewhere around there. I caught it at the end. But Joe and Evan were like imagine Thurs. if that happens and we're on the air.

Gotcha dude. Nets Daily just posted it too. Don't see it happening, but its definitely exciting stuff around the Nets less than 48 hours until the deadline

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Gotcha dude. Nets Daily just posted it too. Don't see it happening, but its definitely exciting stuff around the Nets less than 48 hours until the deadline

don't get your hopes up. I won't lie, that frontcourt would be hell.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
So the Lakers are going to trade Dwight to the Nets, and not demand Lopez back?

I've said that Lopez might be a bit overpaid, but he is a very good player. I cant see the Lakers giving Dwight to the Nets for scrubs.

I get their going to preserve cap space until they sign their next Hall of Famer, but I can not see this happening at all.

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
don't get your hopes up. I won't lie, that frontcourt would be hell.

Not getting my hopes up at all. It just sucks for the Nets that they really went all in on assets that are valued at pretty much half of what they were this offseason......aka Hump, Wallace, Brooks, etc :(

Rockice_8
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
LOLOLOL. They won't have any space unless they get rid of guys like Joe Johnson and Wallace. And they don't have any pieces to trade too.

They could match salaries without giving up JJ or Wallace. Hump, Teletovic, Brooks would match salaries. Maybe something like Hump, Teletovic, Blatche, Brooks, and 3 firsts would do it. Doubtful though.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Not getting my hopes up at all. It just sucks for the Nets that they really went all in on assets that are valued at pretty much half of what they were this offseason......aka Hump, Wallace, Brooks, etc :(

Dwight Howard from LA Lakers to Brooklyn Nets for Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic, Tyshawn Taylor, Toko Shengelia and the rights to Bogan Bogdanovic and Ilya Karaman.

IDK homie I think LA would be getting ripped off or just say enough if that happens.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Which Front Office is more delisional? Brooklyn thinking they can get Howard without Lopez or the Lakers thinking they can get LeBron in 2014?

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Which Front Office is more delisional? Brooklyn thinking they can get Howard without Lopez or the Lakers thinking they can get LeBron in 2014?

quote of the week right here

mosesedan
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
the media feeds off the trade deadline, all this talk and nothing happens. the biggest trade of the deadline is gonna end up being robert sacre for a bucks 2nd round pick.

29$JerZ
02-19-2013, 05:49 PM
If CAP space is what LA wants this is pretty much the worse time to have it.
Majority of LA's roster expires in 2 years regardless of this. Not to mention Kobe alone is going to make 30million next season. I can see why LA wouldn't want Brook with their coach being Mike D but that's a horrible package even if Dwight wants out.

CaptainClutch
02-19-2013, 05:52 PM
The more I play around with trade machine, the more i realize this won't happen....

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=ay27eqv

kombayn
02-19-2013, 05:52 PM
quote of the week right here

The Lakers would want Brook Lopez and a couple future 1st round picks to make that deal. I think Dwight for Brook is very possible as Brook Lopez would be a solid fit for D'Antoni and the Lakers. I also think that everything is so toxic in the Lakers locker-room that they have to consider making a trade. I would laugh if the Nets are able to pull off the Josh Smith trade too. You'll have 4 max contracts of Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Josh Smith & Dwight Howard... Yikes! Big penalty hits for that one.

mgsports
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Robert Sacre isn't going to be Traded and that Trade would work if the Lakers also Duhon or Blake with Howard to Nets. Also NBA trade Rumors isn't reporting it yet.

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM

This!

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Misleading thread title. The deal is something Sheridan dreamed up and said "makes sense," not a deal being discussed. If you think LA would take a pile of garbage for Dwight you're smoking. They'd rather roll the dice and let him walk.

Also he's been pushing this Lebron to LA in 2014 fantasy for a while, it's his pipedream.

JNoel
02-19-2013, 05:58 PM
These "rumors" will be funny once the trade deadline passes with Dwight staying put.

shep33
02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
People actually take Sheridan seriously?

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 06:05 PM
Misleading thread title. The deal is something Sheridan dreamed up and said "makes sense," not a deal being discussed. If you think LA would take a pile of garbage for Dwight you're smoking. They'd rather roll the dice and let him walk.

Also he's been pushing this Lebron to LA in 2014 fantasy for a while, it's his pipedream.

He said they will attempt to by Thursday. He said 50/50, that's his words not mine. What's misleading about the title. He even gave you trade prospects and scenerios.

That's why I put Chris Sheridan said. Not "the Nets will attempt" This is from Chris Sheridan and he's talking to whistle blowers on both team. B/c I doubt he'd even think of those euro players on his own.

ndfightirish12
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
thank you! reading this thread i was waiting for someone to finally say he never said they were talk about it he just said it made sense theres no way this happens the real only way that the nets would ever be able to get dwight would be if he signed the mle in the off season which believe me would NEVER happen but could yall imagine if it did? haha anyway yeah this trade will not happen nor will dwight go to brooklyn imo

Pierzynski4Prez
02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
I love how east coast sports reporters get access to what the Lakers brass discusses privately.

Vinylman
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
I love how east coast sports reporters get access to what the Lakers brass discusses privately.

yeah ... pretty laughable...

with all that is going on with the busses and the lakers the source would pretty much have to be mitch...

sheridan is a moron yet slightly more credible than vescey and amick

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 06:16 PM
yeah ... pretty laughable...

with all that is going on with the busses and the lakers the source would pretty much have to be mitch...

sheridan is a moron yet slightly more credible than vescey and amick

Vecsey is pretty awesome. But Jalen Rose is quickly rising as the best factual reporter.

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Wel its set Dwight will finally be a Net and this Dwight Howard in the media talk will all be gone, Laker fans need to atleast be a good sport and admit that trading for a guy that only wanted Brooklyn was a bad move. Now they lost Dwight. It sucks I know but maybe you will draft another Kobe. I dont wish any harm on the lakers, they are a class act team but the fans are rude.

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM

LA isnt giving up Dwight and just letting him walk they know they need something back. They gave up Bynum for him. So they want atleast something back, no way they just let him walk. No team does that to someone like Dwight howard

BigBlueCrew
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
^^^^^^

I thought Josh Smith was gonna be a Net?

Badluck33
02-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Dwight stays.

bolts in July..

oak2455
02-19-2013, 06:43 PM
People actually take Sheridan seriously?

the guy is a total joke

oak2455
02-19-2013, 06:44 PM
^^^^^^

he thinks everyone is coming ......there's a cap in the NBA should we tell him:laugh:

RaJAxTWa
02-19-2013, 06:45 PM
The more I play around with trade machine, the more i realize this won't happen....

DoMeFavors
^^^^^^

When did I ever say he wasnt? and Josh is probably on hold untill this Dwight thing gets settled down. If Dwight comes here maybe we trade Wallace for Josh Smith,maybe we keep roster as is. if Dwight doesnt come Josh will be a Net.

oak2455
Wel its set Dwight will finally be a Net and this Dwight Howard in the media talk will all be gone, Laker fans need to atleast be a good sport and admit that trading for a guy that only wanted Brooklyn was a bad move. Now they lost Dwight. It sucks I know but maybe you will draft another Kobe. I dont wish any harm on the lakers, they are a class act team but the fans are rude.

:facepalm:

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 06:50 PM
LOL! Im getting goosebumps again and thinking about alley oops to Dwight in the finals!

Lakeshow24KB
02-19-2013, 06:57 PM
^lmfao

waveycrockett
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Watching Dwight wreck the Lakers has been awesome. Please dont trade him Mitch!!

BigBlueCrew
02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
When did I ever say he wasnt? and Josh is probably on hold untill this Dwight thing gets settled down. If Dwight comes here maybe we trade Wallace for Josh Smith,maybe we keep roster as is. if Dwight doesnt come Josh will be a Net.

LOL. So you guys are gonna trade for Dwight Howard for Nets' scraps [according the Chris Sheridan] :rolleyes: and then turn around and get Josh Smith for Gerald Wallace (another Net scrub).

You are a funny guy!

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
LOL. So you guys are gonna trade for Dwight Howard for Nets' scraps [according the Chris Sheridan] :rolleyes: and then turn around and get Josh Smith for Gerald Wallace (another Net scrub).

You are a funny guy!

It doesnt matter, Nets dont need to give them anything or he is walking. They can either take some decent role players or let Josh and Dwight walk for free. Its been reported they both only want the Nets. So Nets hold the keys to the car.

BigBlueCrew
02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
It doesnt matter, Nets dont need to give them anything or he is walking. They can either take some decent role players or let Josh and Dwight walk for free. Its been reported they both only want the Nets. So Nets hold the keys to the car.

Well they are certainly fulfilling that end of the bargain.

waveycrockett
02-19-2013, 07:03 PM
DoMeFavors is a riot. Love this guy

waveycrockett
02-19-2013, 07:04 PM
DoMeFavors is a riot. This guy is a riot!!!

gotoHcarolina52
02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=a23duv2

Not bad. Not bad at all.

gatkins11
02-19-2013, 07:09 PM

I guess LeBron is going to sign in Brooklyn for the vet minimum in 2014, right?

Avenged
02-19-2013, 07:10 PM
LOL. these dudes think the Lakers are morons. They can try all they want.

Joe Johnson for Dwight, get err done :rolleyes:

oak2455
why is this thread still open???? its pure garbage speculation by a crappy beat writter

oak2455

exactly :laugh:

Lakers + Giants
02-19-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd rather let him walk than get any garbage the nets will give us. I don't want no picks in the 20s, if that's the case keep him for another 30 games and let him walk. Don't give Dwight "what he wants". If he's not going to re-sign, don't make him happy and give into his desires.

BigBlueCrew
02-19-2013, 07:12 PM

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I love it :clap:

Laker, Hawk, and Heat fans should call their GM's right now!!!

Knicks21
02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Haha good luck BK.

oak2455
02-19-2013, 07:16 PM

Not bad. Not bad at all.
this is what some Net fans think :laugh:

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 07:17 PM

Lakers actually dont deserve anything for wasting Nets time and Dwights time. LOL Lakers actually thought Dwight would want to stay there. He had and has his mind set on one place and thats Barclays Center. I feel bad for Laker fans because they probably didnt expect this but Dwight will be a Net its not up to Billy or Mitch its up to Dwight. He has chose his path. THis is a players league.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-19-2013, 07:17 PM
I'd rather let him walk than get any garbage the nets will give us. I don't want no picks in the 20s, if that's the case keep him for another 30 games and let him walk. Don't give Dwight "what he wants". If he's not going to re-sign, don't make him happy and give into his desires.

Now you know where us magic fans were coming from last year.... lol same story new year

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 07:20 PM

He mainly doesnt want LA, so that would be great. Dwight signs here for cheap we dont give up a thing. Lakers wont have a starting Center next year and no chance Kobe or Nash get a ring.

BigBlueCrew
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
He mainly doesnt want LA, so that would be great. Dwight signs here for cheap we dont give up a thing. Lakers wont have a starting Center next year and no chance Kobe or Nash get a ring.

Even if Dwight somehow gets to Brooklyn. Dwight never signs for cheap. Dwight is a selfish ****. He will want a max contract wherever he signs.

yungincome
02-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Lakers actually dont deserve anything for wasting Nets time and Dwights time. LOL Lakers actually thought Dwight would want to stay there. He had and has his mind set on one place and thats Barclays Center. I feel bad for Laker fans because they probably didnt expect this but Dwight will be a Net its not up to Billy or Mitch its up to Dwight. He has chose his path. THis is a players league.

:facepalm: lmaoooo!!! Ahhh this guy/girl never seems to amaze me. Pure entertainment. Two words buddy -- Salary Cap

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
I honestly do believe he is still set on Brooklyn but I just can't see him signing there for dirt cheap...I think it's either he gets traded to the nets or he will walk to the Rockets he obviously is not happy in Laker land

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
^ AS a Net fan i don't believe we're getting Dwight, especially if Lopez isn't involved!
As for J. smooth doubt we get him as well and def not getting him AND Dwight!!

wake up bro, im sorry but you are beyond delusional and give Nets fans a horrible name!

futureman
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
why didn't dwight opt out of his final year? if he wanted to be in brooklyn so bad he would've

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
:facepalm: lmaoooo!!! Ahhh this guy/girl never seems to amaze me. Pure entertainment. Two words buddy -- Salary Cap

Five words buddy, He Only Wants The Nets

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM
why didn't dwight opt out of his final year? if he wanted to be in brooklyn so bad he would've

How would he have gotten here? Nets had no cap space. And they had a chance to trade him to the Nets in the summer they didnt want him at his number 1 choice.

yungincome
02-19-2013, 07:34 PM

:facepalm: please give up

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
02-19-2013, 07:37 PM

how will he end up a NEt?

yungincome
02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
If you think the Nets are getting big baby diva Howard without giving up Lopez, you my friend are delusional. And if you say "Diva only wants to be Net, he will take a payout. You my friend are delusional. Diva wants to get paid, I'm 120 % sure Diva isn't signing for the mid-level. Once again, two words---salary cap

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Done wasting my time explaining to you people what Dwight wants, he only cares about being happy. He has the money. He can either be traded here or walk here.

gotoHcarolina52
"Dwight only wants the Nets, so Nets hold the keys to the car."

The last time the Nets held the keys to Dwight's car, they . . . well, they demanded that the Magic trade him to the Lakers?

oak2455

one word for you delusional :laugh:

oak2455
02-19-2013, 07:45 PM
how will he end up a NEt?

he thinks this is Baseball no cap:D

oak2455
02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
whats sad is a few Net fans make you dislike their team

Slug3
02-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Done wasting my time explaining to you people what Dwight wants, he only cares about being happy. He has the money. He can either be traded here or walk here.

Why wouldn't he just got to a better team if he's willing to go cheap? Miami, OKC, clippers, Spurs are all miles better than the Nets. It's not like he's going to go to NJ for pennies cause he loves their food.

Slug3
02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
he thinks this is Baseball no cap:D

He just thinks he will play for like 2 million a season.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-19-2013, 07:52 PM
it's Brooklyn not New Jersey and he always wanted them over the elite teams like thunder Lakers Spurs heat... he will probably still get that big old adidas deal that was rumored to be waiting for him if he got to Brooklyn

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-19-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm convinced the majority of the NBA forum is 12 years old. So easy for DMFs to troll the **** out of you guys, You lose sleep over this dude.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
And Dwight is not coming to Brooklyn, Sheridans just looking for a story, even if he said it was a deal that "made sense".

At this point, I don't think the Nets make any deals come the deadline. Unless of course everyone bails on the Hawks and the Nets are their last option.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Why wouldn't he just got to a better team if he's willing to go cheap? Miami, OKC, clippers, Spurs are all miles better than the Nets. It's not like he's going to go to NJ for pennies cause he loves their food.
Who plays in New Jersey?

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 07:56 PM
You know I used to think posters were just picking on DMF but wow....... I owe psd an apology. This guy is a sig waiting to happen!

arkanian215
02-19-2013, 07:56 PM
0a

gotoHcarolina52
02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Who plays in New Jersey?

:confused:

The Nets . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Brooklyn,_New_Jersey

D-Leethal
02-19-2013, 08:03 PM
A Dwight/Lopez front court would be more of a disaster than the Lakers situation.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
:confused:

The Nets . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Brooklyn,_New_Jersey

That's strange... I mean I went to this arena in Brooklyn, NY... They must have similar arenas I suppose? ;)

J4KOP99
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
It amazes me that some of these sports "reporters" have jobs

VinceCarter
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
this is what some Net fanS think :laugh:

No. Just one. Don't put our whole fan base in this. We have a great level headed fan base.

LA RO
02-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Mitch Kupchak reiterated that he will not trade Dwight Howard and said the Lakers aren't planning major moves before Thursday's deadline

gotoHcarolina52
02-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Mitch Kupchak reiterated that he will not trade Dwight Howard and said the Lakers aren't planning major moves before Thursday's deadline

He then picked up the phone, called Michael Jordan, and traded Kobe Bryant to the Bobcats for Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, and DeSagana Diop.

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 08:21 PM

That sucks for LA, they dont get better at all and Dwight is leaving in the summer.

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Please ignore Sheridan. This guy has no credibility. He does it to get hits. Hits=money.

Nice to see someone gets it...

oak2455
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
No. Just one. Don't put our whole fan base in this. We have a great level headed fan base.
my bad :D

Davidgta1
02-19-2013, 08:33 PM
I'd have no problem trading Dwight to the nets I think he's leaving anyway in the off season so get Lopez Brooks and Wallace and I'd be happy.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
That sucks for LA, they dont get better at all and Dwight is leaving in the summer.

Awesome. Let him walk. Better than trading him for a bunch of crappy contracts that will screw the Lakers for several years.

waveycrockett
02-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Please ignore Sheridan. This guy has no credibility. He does it to get hits. Hits=money.

Word. Its awesome to laugh at Lakers misery but I cant deny Sheridan is a hack.

looka09
02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Why this jac.kass even wants a trade to Brooklyn ?

They suck

TyrionLannister
02-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Lakers aren't trading Howard unless it's for something LEGITIMATE. And no, Teletovic is not legitimate. If it was him or cap space, I'd take the cap space. It's not like the Lakers are an unattractive FA destination like small market teams.

And NO WAY Howard signs with the Nets as a FA for the vet's min or what little money they can offer.

If that happens I will have sex with a blender.

LA4life24/8
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
This is the Lakers were talkin about they trade their junk for stars not the other way around, Dwight doesnt go to Brooklyn w.o Lopez coming back, and really i dont see the lakers wanting any deal the nets are gonn give him, theyd rather risk him walking and reload in 2014

ThunderousDemon
02-19-2013, 09:03 PM
lol, this thread is a joke.

The Nets have nothing to offer the Lakers.

RLundi
02-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't believe this for a second.

Dade County
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I really don't think Howard wants to join the nets, I actually think he wants to jump on a contending team; not a team that would become a somewhat contender with him, but to a team that would instantly when a ring with him on it.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I really don't think Howard wants to join the nets, I actually think he wants to jump on a contending team; not a team that would become a somewhat contender with him, but to a team that would instantly when a ring with him on it.

His options are limited though if its not through a trade. Not many teams have the cap space to get him unless he takes a pay cut. Houston is probably one of the few teams he could go to, not really sure if they could instantly win a ring though.

LAKERMANIA
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
If the lakers are hoping bron goes there they are so ****ed lol

We will have a lot of cap space that year.. Signing Lebron is obviously something we'd like, but its not like we cant sign anyone else if we don't sign him..

justinnum1
02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
We will have a lot of cap space that year.. Signing Lebron is obviously something we'd like, but its not like we cant sign anyone else if we don't sign him..

yea, but it's as if they are sacrificing the next 2 years to sign a big name in 2014.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-19-2013, 10:25 PM
yea, but it's as if they are sacrificing the next 2 years to sign a big name in 2014.

What is the alternative? Make stupid trades like so many other teams and spend several years being in the middle of the pack? Lakers had a plan to get cap space based on the team now and the new CBA. It would be dumb to make hasty decisions just so that they can win a few more games.

mdm692
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
The only thing more ludicrous than this is the Lakers thinking they have a shot at Lebron lol. Their 2015 pick is going to be a good one :D.

ldawg
02-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Lakers aint trading howard to take back Nets trash who have trouble of their own, Keeping the books clear for 2014 is the best option if he wants to bolt. Nets aint going to land Howard unless they find a way to make room by trading Deron or Lopez away and make room. In the new cba they cant have more than two max players and thats pushing it.

mdm692
02-19-2013, 10:35 PM
What is the alternative? Make stupid trades like so many other teams and spend several years being in the middle of the pack? Lakers had a plan to get cap space based on the team now and the new CBA. It would be dumb to make hasty decisions just so that they can win a few more games.

Let's see if they sacrifice this season their pick is coming to Phx. 2014 they have a pick but if they strikeout 2015 pick is also coming to Phx(top 5 protected). Lakers need to get something going because it's not like they can draft or trade their picks. They already got rid of them and they need to go all in right now.

Kevj77
02-19-2013, 10:37 PM
What is the alternative? Make stupid trades like so many other teams and spend several years being in the middle of the pack? Lakers had a plan to get cap space based on the team now and the new CBA. It would be dumb to make hasty decisions just so that they can win a few more games.Exactly. The Lakers have a plan in place for 2014. Dwight was supposed to be a part of that plan, but in no way should they panic and change the plan even if Dwight doesn't want to be a part of it.

The worst place to be in the NBA is a mediocre team that picks in the middle of the first round with no cap space for top free agents.

babyang04
02-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Honestly, Chris Sheridan has been yapping his mouth too much lately. 1st saying that Shumpert was un-happy and that his agent Happy Walters was requesting a trade to now Nets are going after D-Howard again. Come on Sherian. Cut it out dawns.

ldawg
02-19-2013, 10:50 PM
The only thing more ludicrous than this is the Lakers thinking they have a shot at Lebron lol. Their 2015 pick is going to be a good one :D.Lebron is only one free agent it dont have to be him. But to be in play you have to have the room and that they will have. In the new cba that band in Miami have to break up. If Howard do stay Bosh would be sweet next to him. I am sure Lebron will give Miami first look and Wade is franchise. Lebron is great but Howard,Bosh and say Granger or gay is not to shabby

mdm692
02-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Lebron is only one free agent it dont have to be him. But to be in play you have to have the room and that they will have. In the new cba that band in Miami have to break up. If Howard do stay Bosh would be sweet next to him. I am sure Lebron will give Miami first look and Wade is franchise. Lebron is great but Howard,Bosh and say Granger or gay is not to shabby
I saw that list but with cores like CP3+Blake and Westbrook+KD the Lakers are going to need player like Lebron just to stay relevant in the Western conference. Dwight is more than likely gone so you're looking at a Gay Bosh :D.

mdm692
02-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Humphries, Wallace, Teletovic, Brooks + fillers for D12 and MWP.

Ill21
02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Have fun with the luxury tax

championships
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Sheridan has been nothing short of laughable lately.

shep33
02-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Mitch at practice today reiterated that he won't trade Dwight

Bruno
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
ship him out. he can't handle LA, and there's no guarantee that he'll ever be the same player as he was before the surgery. you don't need an elite center to win championships in todays NBA environment. he's too soft for LA; dwight wants out more now than ever now that he's realizing that the bulk of fans in los angeles aren't taking his side in this charade.

Cracka2HI!
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
This would never happen, but would probably be the best all 3 teams can do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aahma4z

ldawg
02-19-2013, 11:14 PM
I saw that list but with cores like CP3+Blake and Westbrook+KD the Lakers are going to need player like Lebron just to stay relevant in the Western conference. Dwight is more than likely gone so you're looking at a Gay Bosh :D.they are all beatable it always boil down to who you surround them with

mdm692
02-19-2013, 11:18 PM
they are all beatable it always boil down to who you surround them with

They are beatable but not with overpaid players like you are suggesting.

Yunqn
02-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Deron williams & brook lopez for dwight howard & steve nash ?

Why not ? Dwight would magically become healthy and happy and goes to a offense where he goes RIGHT back to being orlando dwight..

The lakers get a star in his prime and a rising star both locked in for long term .. And lopez can learn ALOT from gasol..

The nets to me are joe Johnson's team i just dont see deron fitting with joe & geralds play style.. Too much isos on the team.. I think the nets would still go after josh smith.. Hump ,brooks & pick and josh forcing his way..

Why not ? Lakers & Nets create better long term plans..

KniCks4LiFe
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Have fun with the luxury tax

homie that owner doesn't give ****. He'll pay whatever. He's prbly got more money than Dolan.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Haha would never happen ... Lakers will be lucky to even get Lopez for Dwight at this point.... Noway in hell they get dwill

Thanks for the laugh doe

ldawg
They are beatable but not with overpaid players like you are suggesting.so what in the world would Lakers do with Lopez or D Will? Aint Nets sucking Too? and did you imply Howard is not good enough so why do you want him on your team?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
Haha would never happen ... Lakers will be lucky to even get Lopez for Dwight at this point.... Noway in hell they get dwill

Thanks for the laugh doe

ldawg
02-19-2013, 11:31 PM

Thanks for the laugh doedude they dont want either of them they are over paid

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-19-2013, 11:36 PM
And Dwight is gonna be considered over paid soon also if his play doesn't come back to his Orlando form

He is making just under 20 mill this year ... 20 mil to ish all over LA this year .. that's over paid also

Yunqn
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM

Thanks for the laugh doe

Why not ?

The nets clearly are in deep love with dwight .. And regardless of how u feel about it if the lakers said they would take lopez ..the nets would pack lopez bags for him..

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
OK but dwights value is at an all time low ... nets would never give up dwill and Lopez for him and an old Nash...

Besides Dwight would want to play with dwill its been his fantasy butt buddy for awhile now

Lakers would be lucky to get Lopez and brooks for Dwight right now. .. he has killed his value

ldawg
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
And Dwight is gonna be considered over paid soon also if his play doesn't come back to his Orlando form

He is making just under 20 mill this year ... 20 mil to ish all over LA this year .. that's over paid alsoan over paid center is easier to get rid of than an over paid point guard.

oak2455
02-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Nets have zero /thread

ldawg
02-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Lakers have a few reasons why they are are not winning what is Nets excuse?

Metsboi69
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Lakers have a few reasons why they are are not winning what is Nets excuse?

Really man, the Nets are 10 games over .500. Lakers are what 3 games under? Come on

mdm692
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
so what in the world would Lakers do with Lopez or D Will? Aint Nets sucking Too? and did you imply Howard is not good enough so why do you want him on your team?

Like I said Dwight is all but gone. LBJ is staying in Miami or going back to Cleveland so he can build up his relationship again with his hometown. That leaves you with players like Gay, Granger or Bosh and you are going to need much more than that to beat teams like OKC and LAC.

Marques24kobe
02-19-2013, 11:50 PM
Oh man this thread reminds me of a song...what is it...oh yeah Nets fans are...Dream Weavers, I believe you can get me through the Night! Lol the cap space would be worth more then that crap

ldawg
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Really man, the Nets are 10 games over .500. Lakers are what 3 games under? Come onAs is Nets would not beat La in a seven game series

Marques24kobe
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Really man, D12, Pau, Nash, and Hill all hurt throughout the season.

justinnum1
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
As is Nets would not beat La in a seven game series

:facepalm:

oak2455
02-20-2013, 12:02 AM
feel bad for the mods this thread is ridiculous

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Really man, D12, Pau, Nash, and Hill all hurt throughout the season. my point, Dont you think Howard knows this?

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Howard want to win but he also want to be the man. All Lakers have to do is show him the long term plan players they can surround him with.Lakers, Hawks and Dallas are the only teams right now that can show him that. Nets is a pipe dream.

Chill_Will_24
02-20-2013, 12:08 AM
feel bad for the mods this thread is ridiculous

You are always b**chin about something in a Nets thread. Why the hell are you always so butt hurt when it comes to Nets related threads?

I see nothing wrong with the thread except Trav still has no clue how to use the REPLY WITH QUOTE option and you complaining about crap

sep11ie
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
How could the Nets trade "prospects" for picks and match cap rules?

Chill_Will_24
02-20-2013, 12:12 AM
How could the Nets trade "prospects" for picks and match cap rules?

Because they overpaid Humphries. This aint happening though.

cardinal4life
02-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Yo derron Williams been wanting play with Dwight for awhile you send people like Gerald Wallace Andre blat he and throw couple of these euro player in and maybe pick for Dwight maybe 1 other player . Works for both teams that's sum bugs in middle for nets with pure shooter Joe and u got your point guard in deron def works for nj. It works for la Gerald Wallace can score athetlic blatch he is pbetter shooter so it will open the lane more good trade for Lakers. Plus less diva **** good move for lakers

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Lakers have to be a willing partner to trade him to the Nets but Nets dont have the pieces. That trade would have to be surround Williams. Brook is over paid and would not fit well in the west. A Laker Nets trade will not Happen unless Nets get another team in the mix and present a trade that cant be refuse. Any player can be had for the right price.

Lakers + Giants
02-20-2013, 12:17 AM
This would never happen, but would probably be the best all 3 teams can do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=aahma4z

I would do that in a heart beat. Especially considering Dwight will probably leave.

Chill_Will_24
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Lakers have to be a willing partner to trade him to the Nets but Nets dont have the pieces. That trade would have to be surround Williams. Brook is over paid and would not fit well in the west. A Laker Nets trade will not Happen unless Nets get another team in the mix and present a trade that cant be refuse. Any player can be had for the right price.

A 24y old all star big man is overpaid that is 4th in efficiency. Good job bro.

I would be shocked if the Nets would even still trade Brook for Howard. Brook has been a go to guy for us and a guy you can give the ball to and know he won't turn it over and will get us a good shot while on the other end he has stepped up defensively and has become solid on that end

oak2455
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
You are always b**chin about something in a Nets thread. Why the hell are you always so butt hurt when it comes to Nets related threads?

I see nothing wrong with the thread except Trav still has no clue how to use the REPLY WITH QUOTE option and you complaining about crap
I'm :ohno: it's Chill Will :laugh2:

Chill_Will_24
02-20-2013, 12:22 AM
I would do that in a heart beat. Especially considering Dwight will probably leave.

That deal is actually quite creative. Only problem is that the Nets have said they want to keep Mirza Teletovic. Great effort though

Losoway
02-20-2013, 12:23 AM
if this happen dwight should try going back to playing the 4 . brook lopez is way tooooo slow to play the 4 .

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:28 AM
A 24y old all star big man is overpaid that is 4th in efficiency. Good job bro.

I would be shocked if the Nets would even still trade Brook for Howard. Brook has been a go to guy for us and a guy you can give the ball to and know he won't turn it over and will get us a good shot while on the other end he has stepped up defensively and has become solid on that endwell thats good for the nets. Brook wont sell tickets in LA

Chill_Will_24
02-20-2013, 12:33 AM
well thats good for the nets. Brook wont sell tickets in LA

True that. Moreover as good as Brook is he is useless in a Mike D offense

Chill_Will_24
02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm :ohno: it's Chill Will :laugh2:

Keep editing it. You will get the perfect combination of smileys eventually ;)

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:35 AM
True that. Moreover as good as Brook is he is useless in a Mike D offensehe would be better in the pick and role because he can shoot a little.

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Like KG Bosh would be great in the pick in pop. Like i said Howard and Bosh would be a great front line just have to find a dynamic sg or pg with shooter to spread the floor. Lebron is great and the best option but he is not the only option.

oak2455
02-20-2013, 12:38 AM
it's funny I say that this thread should be closed because A) it's never gonna happen B) Chris Sheridan is just looking for hits on his site...... so I'm Butt hurt :laugh: seriously

oak2455
02-20-2013, 12:39 AM
Keep editing it. You will get the perfect combination of smileys eventually ;)

I'm my Ipad it blows:mad:

ldawg
02-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Mitch just have some work to do and paint a a picture in this hard head Diva.

bryan71023
02-20-2013, 12:49 AM
I just hope the Nets don't trade Brook Lopez for Dwight Howard at all. Lopez is younger getting better as for Dwight his getting older, is a big clown out there in L.A., and has a serious back injury. No Thank You! Lopez value is extremely high and IMO isn't worth giving up for Dwight Howard.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-20-2013, 12:51 AM

Hi William ...

*Superman*
02-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Hi William ...

:laugh2:

Always posting with a phone, right?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM
:laugh2:

Always posting with a phone, right?

I don't think I've ever been on this site from an actual computer lol but that's still no excuse no to reply with quote lol will is right I'm just a lazy bastard

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Oh man this thread reminds me of a song...what is it...oh yeah Nets fans are...Dream Weavers, I believe you can get me through the Night! Lol the cap space would be worth more then that crap

What Nets fan besides DMFs is saying this is going to happen?

All this nonsensical bunching of fans in every ridiculous Nets thread.