PDA

View Full Version : Source: Kobe ok trading Dwight Howard

QUICKTRADE
02-19-2013, 06:13 AM
http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/19/13/Sources-Kobe-OK-with-Howard-trade/msn_landing.html?blockID=866195&feedID=3725

OK folks the roulette ball is in play who should we snag for him????

eso
02-19-2013, 06:36 AM
This said nothing like what the title says..

Laker fan in OZ
02-19-2013, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure if he kept writing "sources say" to try and give his article some credibility or to make it longer.....

I'm pretty sure his "sources" could actually be PSD posters :rolleyes:

Cano-Montero...
02-19-2013, 07:34 AM
One thing I would welcome happening would be Dwight for dirk and Marion... Let's make our push this last 2 season and go to full blow rebuild after nexst season...

Citanoxeno
02-19-2013, 08:12 AM
this articale is a trash

jaydubb
02-19-2013, 08:24 AM
With 29 regular-season games remaining and the playoffs still in sight, Kobe Bryant is more determined than ever to prove he and the Lakers can become the force they thought they were.

Whether center Dwight Howard is a part of that attempted revival doesn't matter to Bryant, sources familiar with Bryant's thinking told FOX Sports Ohio.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has strongly nixed the notion that Howard could be moved prior to Thursday's trading deadline. But if Kupchak changes his mind, he'd have Bryant's full support, according to sources.

While Bryant and Howard aren't close, no rift exists between them, either. Still, Bryant appears uncertain if Howard is the right fit on a team that must put together a fervent finish just to qualify for the postseason -- and one that is unlikely to possess home-court advantage in any round if it does get there.

The Lakers exited the All-Star break at an underachieving 25-29 and 3 games out of the final playoff spot.

Optimists will point to the fact they've won eight of their previous 12 games. But they lost 125-101 to the Clippers on the final night before All-Star weekend -- in a game that resembled little more than 48 minutes of garbage time.

The acquisitions of Howard and point guard Steve Nash prior to the season immediately made the Lakers the popular favorite to win the Western Conference. They were considered a sure title contender, boasting a lineup that could greatly assist the 34-year-old Bryant in his quest to obtain a sixth championship ring.

Instead, the Lakers started slowly, fired coach Mike Brown after five games, replaced Brown with Mike D'Antoni, and have continued to look out of sorts.

Howard alone can hardly be blamed, and Bryant even admires how Howard has played through back and shoulder pain. But sources say Bryant also wonders if Howard has the right approach, mental toughness and overall willingness to help the Lakers flourish in what has become their most important stretch.

Bryant is not alone in his concern, sources say. Nash, Pau Gasol and several others also seem fairly uneasy about Howard's commitment to the cause.

According to sources, a number of Lakers have their doubts about whether Howard takes the game seriously and "wants it" enough for the challenges the team now faces.

Howard's $19.2 million contract is second-highest on the Lakers (behind Bryant) and expires at the end of the season. It is believed he too would be OK with a trade, and likely welcome one if he were sent to a preferred destination. Brooklyn and Dallas are said to be among the teams with which Howard would agree to a contract extension this summer.

Sources insist it's still possible Howard could re-sign with the Lakers, but that he hasn't made up his mind and won't come to such a decision until the season plays out.

Kupchak has denied a CBS Sports report the Lakers were toying with the idea of trading Howard to the Celtics in a deal for point guard Rajon Rondo, out for the season with an ACL injury.

However, sources say Kupchak has indeed taken several calls centered on Howard. So far, according to sources, Kupchak has quickly shot down any pitches.

I wanna know where this guy gets his "sources"..Seems a lil fishy to me.. :shrug:

I'm not sure if he kept writing "sources say" to try and give his article some credibility or to make it longer.....

I'm pretty sure his "sources" could actually be PSD posters :rolleyes:

Your dead on.. This guy pulled this info out of his butt just to make a story.. I don't believe most of it.

Iron24th
02-19-2013, 08:34 AM
I wanna know where this guy gets his "sources"..Seems a lil fishy to me.. :shrug:

Your dead on.. This guy pulled this info out of his butt just to make a story.. I don't believe most of it.

yeah BS report, it's obvious.

Iceman_9
02-19-2013, 08:56 AM
It seems the media are trying to make this thing worse by fabricating stories.

LakersFoShow
02-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm tired of sources either tell me who said it or it's not believable. This story definetly feels like a lie.

Rocco007
02-19-2013, 10:06 AM
So for the record...I have posted articles that pretty much have Howard on his way out...and for the record, apparently Lakerfans believe everybody in the Media is BS...
Some Lakerfans have blinders on...not sure why... Kupchak can't publicly acknowledge that he's shopping Howard because if a trade does not happen, Howard will leave for sure this summer...Funny how in his statement regarding the Boston trade he says "I haven't spoken to Ainge in weeks"...Yeah right up until Rondo got hurt....:eyebrow:

handle
02-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Amico needs to be fired for that headline. What a slimeball. See what I mean by the media creating 95% of this drama?

Speaking of slimeballs... gotta love how Cuban is trying so hard to get Josh Smith. Cuban is probably the "source" behind most of these stories.

GetShrutedOn
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Really misleading title. I can't wait till Thursday to see if we trade him already. If we end up keeping Dwight, this media drama between he and Kobe not getting along and whether Dwight will resign or not will continue through out the rest of the year.

troyler21hxc
02-19-2013, 08:18 PM
OUCH extreme foot in mouth haha

socalpkrbkr
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
More twisting of words and fabricating drama by unnamed idiots who don't have the balls to attach their name to the fake/real news they spew.

shep33
02-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Gotta close this, I think it's Amico who's at it again.