PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the Bill Russel documentary with bill simmons?

QueensG_718
02-19-2013, 05:05 AM
That was a great documentary! Made me respect Bill Russel the person alot more. What an awesome fullfilling life he had. Very well done..

jam
02-19-2013, 05:11 AM
I'll try to find it soon. I was so burned out by one of the worst all star weekends of all time that I lost my desire to watch anything associated with the nba on monday.

jerellh528
02-19-2013, 05:54 AM
no

LAKobeBryant
02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
mj and charles interview was better

JiffyMix88
02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
mj and charles interview was better

MJ's was basically the same as the last one he had in 1999. No real new information and Barkley's was good.

Bill Russell did a whole hell of a lot but what kinda threw me off from continuing to watch it was Bill Simmons talking about his games HE went to and HIS history of watching the Boston Celtics and how HE wrote a book explaining how HE thought Bill was better than Wilt.

I'm like ***** don't nobody care what you see live or what book you wrote just do the damn interview.

Missing56&33
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Yes I watched it, really enjoyed it. I liked how Bill Russell played the game...very humble guy.

NoahH
02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
i thought bill russel was a dbag.. guess not

rockbottom2010
02-20-2013, 03:31 AM
one of my all time favorite players.....according to his resume....he should be the best player of all time....

LakersMaster24
02-20-2013, 04:07 AM
i thought bill russel was a dbag.. guess not

What? Seriously? I am a Lakers fan, but I'd never think Russell to be a d-bag...

RaiderLakersA's
02-20-2013, 12:51 PM
one of my all time favorite players.....according to his resume....he should be the best player of all time....

Believe it or not, for the older generation Bill Russell is the GOAT and Jordan is a distant second.

One of the last conversations that I had with my grandfather before he passed was about that very topic. He'd often say that Jordan had no peer in his era, but Russell had Wilt -- a far superior physically gifted player than he -- and yet Russell's teams still won 11 rings.

"A man racing ants is not a race, you see? That's that Jordan kid. But a man racing a horse and winning most of the time? Now that is greatness. That be one William Felton Russell."

My grandfather's favorite admonishment was that I wasn't to mention Jordan in the same sentence as Russell, unless Chicago fires that "Skinny Zen Dude" (his nickname for Phil Jackson), and Jordan takes over and wins a title as head coach (with no assistant coaches, mind you) and starting player. Well, Seanathair, Jordan never won a title as a player/coach and it doesn't look like he'll win one as an owner, either. Admonishment heeded.

JAZZNC
02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
People severely underrate Bill Russell. He's the greatest winner in sports history, ever, period end of story. There is no debate. And man is he a smart man (much smarter than todays pro athletes). And he accomplished all that he accomplished during a time or racism and bigotry. He's certainly the best player/person the NBA has ever seen. And he's the best defensive player in the history of basketball, nobody else even comes close.