PDA

View Full Version : Report: Boston Celtics sign Terrence Williams

Fresno
02-18-2013, 07:52 PM
BOSTON (CBS) — Injuries have taken their toll on the Celtics in the first half of the season, but they’ll begin the second half with at least one reinforcement.

According to The Boston Globe and CSNNE, the Celtics have signed Terrence Williams to a 10-day contract.

The 25-year-old Williams was drafted 11th overall in 2009 by the New Jersey Nets. He’s played in 129 NBA games, averaging 7.6 points, 3.9 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 20.2 minutes per game.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/18/reports-celtics-sign-terrence-williams-to-10-day-contract/

Hes been a talented headcase for the 4 different NBA teams hes played for in 4 years.

Might be a good situation in Boston with a strong leadership

hugepatsfan
02-18-2013, 08:04 PM
He's got as good a upside as any player I think you could hope to pick up off the scrap heap at this point the season.

JLynn943
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
He played well for the kings last year - willing and able defender and passer. I thought we'd try to keep him. he should play well for Boston.

justinnum1
02-18-2013, 08:10 PM
high risk high reward.

Rivera
02-18-2013, 08:15 PM
I will never get the fatuation with this kid. I dont understand how hes gotten a million chances.

This is one of the most laziest kids i have ever met (yes i met with him he played for the armour, he also got called out fo his laziness by a 12 year old and that made national headlines)

He sucks he will never reach his potential hes immature hes lazy he smokes too damn much for a pro (i know i sold him weed) he will never get his stuff together

I hope he shuts me up cause i liked him in louisville, ive met the kid hes a good kid but he will never get out of his own way

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
high risk high reward.

I agree with the high reward but it's a low risk. . .

Forever35
02-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I will never get the fatuation with this kid. I dont understand how hes gotten a million chances.

This is one of the most laziest kids i have ever met (yes i met with him he played for the armour, he also got called out fo his laziness by a 12 year old and that made national headlines)

He sucks he will never reach his potential hes immature hes lazy he smokes too damn much for a pro (i know i sold him weed) he will never get his stuff together

I hope he shuts me up cause i liked him in louisville, ive met the kid hes a good kid but he will never get out of his own way

You take out 5 degrees of the 6 degrees of separation with T-Will... :D

Fresno
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM

First time a PSD user ever snitched on himself to prove a point?

justinnum1
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
I agree with the high reward but it's a low risk. . .

High risk because he can become a cancer in that locker room.

Corey
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
high risk high reward.

How is it high risk?

Edit: Cancer in the locker room?

They'd just cut him. It's a 10 day contract. There's literally zero risk.

DaVille
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
high risk high reward.

WAT? you mean Low Risk, High Reward.

heyman321
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Goat

Chronz
02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
SWEET.

Ive missed him in 2K online play

justinnum1
02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
How is it high risk?

My bad, the report i read earlier today didn't mention 10day contract.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 09:00 PM
There are few professional athletes whose opinion of their own talents and their actual abilities have been further apart. He takes bad shots, makes bad decisions and will never amount to anything in this league beyond a poor bench guy on a deep rotation of a bad team. And, yes, I'm still bitter about the Rockets trading a first round pick for him. He's awful.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 09:11 PM
How is it high risk?

WAT? you mean Low Risk, High Reward.

That's what I've been saying. No way is this a huge risk.

c.c.
02-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Good luck with that Boston lol

NYKNYGNYY
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Low risk with a possible upside , I like the move for them , Still need to make a move thoughLow

TheNumber37
02-18-2013, 09:52 PM
I great coach like Doc Rivers could be just what he needs.
He's very ahtletic, just needs to play smarter and better on defense.

D-Leethal
02-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Skills seem to have never been the problem with this guy. Didn't he a have a pretty beastly triple double at one point in his career?

IndyRealist
02-18-2013, 10:22 PM
I wanted T-Will to succeed more than just about any non-Pacer in the last 5 years. Thought he was the next coming of Scottie Pippen. It's a shame he keeps sabotaging his own career. One last chance with some real veteran leadership and a no nonsense coach.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

hugepatsfan
02-18-2013, 10:59 PM
A pic doesn't prove it was weed. Just a plant. He'll have to send me a sample so I can confirm. :D

Fla.SticKy
02-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Thats it!!!!!! I knew DA was gonna right the ship and turn this thing around, problem solved!!!! Finals here we come!!!!

CubsBullsBucs
02-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't get it? They need a pg. He'll just take away min from PP, jet, or Bradley. Or Courtney lee is on the outs?

WITZ
02-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Maybe he can pull an Earl Clark who finally seemed to be getting his act together. Like others have said its a low risk high reward move so can't hurt to try.

Nighthawk
02-19-2013, 01:32 AM
with this new run and gun basketball and push up the court tempo the celtics have been playing that fits right into T-Wills game imo. He has no mid range jumper and can hit the trey ball here and there. But hes a high riser and can go up up get it on the break. Not bad to have a body but I also say wheres there's smoke there's fire

Constant trade rumors linked to the Cs from Howard to Josh Smith to Jordan and Bledsoe, and we sign a guy to a 10 day contract. Maybe well need a body? I dont know. Should be interesting

I like the Terrence William signing. Even for 10 days.

Corey
02-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't get it? They need a pg. He'll just take away min from PP, jet, or Bradley. Or Courtney lee is on the outs?

Williams will play the 2/3.

The Celtics are currently starting Bradley - Lee - Pierce with Terry off the bench. Williams will slide into the 2/3 off the bench to go along with Terry and Green.

Dont see a log jam at all.

Nighthawk
02-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Williams will play the 2/3.

The Celtics are currently starting Bradley - Lee - Pierce with Terry off the bench. Williams will slide into the 2/3 off the bench to go along with Terry and Green.

Dont see a log jam at all.

non at all imo. Not to mention its not like Williams will be shoved into big minutes quickly anyway.

Bradley, Lee, Terry and Pierce can make up for the lack of a true pg imo They have been doing just fine since Rondo went down

Lee/Terry
Bradley/Williams
Pierce/Green
Bass/Wilcox
KG/Collins/Melo

what log jam

Deception
02-19-2013, 02:49 AM

For the Pistons earlier this year when he was on our team during preseason he played as a PG. He passes well for his size and has handles. I really don't understand how it took him this long to get on a team though.

Fresno
02-19-2013, 02:58 AM
For the Pistons earlier this year when he was on our team during preseason he played as a PG. He passes well for his size and has handles. I really don't understand how it took him this long to get on a team though.

Was playing in China after he was waived by Detroit.

Deception
02-19-2013, 03:16 AM
Was playing in China after he was waived by Detroit.

I meant an NBA team. I mean for a minimum salary, the guy is solid. As long as he goes to a team with a good coach that can handle egos. Doc could do wonders for him if he's up for it.

jerellh528
02-19-2013, 06:00 AM
celtics forum, nobody cares

CELTICS4LYFE
02-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Yes I'm sure he will be cutting right into PP mins! ...He is going to step into Barbosa's role.

Spiggity_ace
02-19-2013, 12:46 PM
He played well for the kings last year - willing and able defender and passer. I thought we'd try to keep him. he should play well for Boston.

y didnt the kings keep him

its a mystery why the pistons didnt keep him we needed wing depth, and he ***** on austin daye

t will would help us a lot rite now

IndyRealist
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM

Yes I'm sure he will be cutting right into PP mins! ...He is going to step into Barbosa's role.

Yes. He's a point fdorward or combo guard. He'll do a bit of ballhandling with the bench.