PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis expected to decline option.

Tmath
02-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Via a site I can't post on here:

Monta Ellis has an $11 million player option for the 13-14 NBA season that he is expected to decline.

Gutsy move, shows how much he thinks of Milwaukee.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 05:44 PM
I hope a western conference team gives him a max contract.

Cal827
02-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Via a site I can't post on here:

Gutsy move, shows how much he thinks of Milwaukee.

Not so sure of that. Say what you want about his efficiency, but the guy has averaged 20-4-5 for
his career. This year he's 18-4-6.

He might be looking for security at about that range. I think somebody will offer him multi-years at about 10 million.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Not so sure of that. Say what you want about his efficiency, but the guy has averaged 20-4-5 for
his career. This year he's 18-4-6.

He might be looking for security at about that range. I think somebody will offer him multi-years at about 10 million.

God, I hope, but not an East team. It has to be a west team.

29$JerZ
02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
SG market is pathetic so he will get overpaid.
Not sure how good the market is for him though.
Looking at teams with a high amount of Free CAP space available only Charlotte and Phoenix stand out.

king4day
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
There was talk that Phoenix was interested in him. I'm sure we'll look at him this offseason but I pray we don't do anything stupid.
It's no surprise he declined it. He wants to get a long term deal asap. What are Bucks fans take on this? Do you guys want him back if the price is right? Say 4 years 10-11 per year?

mgsports
02-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Maybe they can Trade for him by giving up Marshall.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 06:10 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find a more overrated player than Monta Ellis. The sad thing is that someone will probably pay him more than that $11 million a year over a four-year contract. I'm just hoping it's a contender in the Western Conference, so that team can start sucking as badly as every other team he's ever played on.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
No player wants to play in Milwakuee its so cold, not attractive to free agents, boring city. Jennings and him want to leave.

Sactown
You'd be hard pressed to find a more overrated player than Monta Ellis. The sad thing is that someone will probably pay him more than that $11 million a year over a four-year contract. I'm just hoping it's a contender in the Western Conference, so that team can start sucking as badly as every other team he's ever played on.

He's one of the few players I think in the league could never win a championship with, He's to hell bent on shooting the ball, and he isn't a good enough scorer to warrant that amount of touches. His size also leaves him as a liability on the defensive end.

I just can't ever imagine Monta Ellis accepting being a 3rd Wheel or 6th man.

Guppyfighter
There was talk that Phoenix was interested in him. I'm sure we'll look at him this offseason but I pray we don't do anything stupid.
It's no surprise he declined it. He wants to get a long term deal asap. What are Bucks fans take on this? Do you guys want him back if the price is right? Say 4 years 10-11 per year?

They hate him.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
He's one of the few players I think in the league could never win a championship with, He's to hell bent on shooting the ball, and he isn't a good enough scorer to warrant that amount of touches. His size also leaves him as a liability on the defensive end.

I just can't ever imagine Monta Ellis accepting being a 3rd Wheel or 6th man.

If he ever accepted being a sixth man, I think he could thrive on a contender, but high volume, low efficiency guards with no range on their jump shots don't do well in a starting lineup. Here's a stat that made me just do a double take... Ellis takes 3.5 3-pointers a game this season and is making 23% of them!!! Those numbers make Josh Smith look like a good decision maker...

Vinny642
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
NEW ORLEANS sign this dude to a damn max

Chucky Woods
02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
No player wants to play in Milwakuee its so cold, not attractive to free agents, boring city. Jennings and him want to leave.Boring city???? You've never been to Milwaukee.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Boring city???? You've never been to Milwaukee.

You ever hear anyone say "I am going to Milwaukee to vacation." That's cool if you like Milwaukee, but there is nothing there.

RJ_56
02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
As a Bucks fan I can say that Monta and Jennings just don't mix. I have said since the beginning of this season that the Bucks needs to at least let ONE go if not both. Monta isn't terrible, but I think he needs to be given the opportunity to be THE GUY again. It seems like him and BJ3 are constantly chucking up shots in desperation to be the #1 option. If the Bucks keep Monta, then they need to let Jennings go and draft a pg like Burke from Michigan. If they keep BJ3 then they need to let Monta go. It's as simple as that.

crewfan13
02-18-2013, 07:18 PM
As a somewhat regular on the Bucks forum, generally speaking, fans aren't too high on him. He and Jennings don't really mesh that well together, since they are similar players. They are both inefficient and small. I'm not as down on Ellis as most others in the Bucks forum, but I don't think there's going to be too much sleep lost if he leaves. I wouldn't mind him picking up the option, but I wouldn't offer him 4 years at around $11 either.

I will say on his behalf though, he has become more of a team player in Milwaukee. He's taking less shots (although he still does take a lot of shots, especially jumpers when he should be driving) and he's actually improved his defense drastically. He'll never be a lockdown defender, but he's always also been partnered with horrible defenders in Curry and Jennings. If he could play alongside another guard who's a good defender, he'd be more than adequate as the second perimeter defender.

dodgersuck
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Sixers should be all over this.

Kefman2110
02-18-2013, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Guppyfighter;25419334]You ever hear anyone say "I am going to Milwaukee to vacation." That's cool if you like Milwaukee, but there is nothing there.[/QUOT

I am from Milwaukee and I agree we are not a vacation spot during the winter. However In the summer Milwaukee is incredibly fun. Especially if your 21 and older.ffjf H

asandhu23
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Guppyfighter has an agenda against Monta.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
He can probably get a contract in the $55-60 million range for 5 years if the main guys (Paul and Howard) resign.

85BearsDefense
02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
To the clowns who are saying Milwaukee is boring... You're stupid.

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
still think his best value is as a 6th man. he was sick in that role on the we believe GSW. Imagine if he went to Denver or something and played that role

BudGrant
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
No player wants to play in Milwakuee its so cold, not attractive to free agents, boring city. Jennings and him want to leave.

The Milwaukee landfill is more scenic than New Jersey.

BudGrant
02-18-2013, 08:37 PM
To be on topic, Monta has been an average player at best this year. As previously stated, BJ3 or Monta need to go. Both cannot stay any longer. If it was my call, I would put Monta at point and get rid of Jennings.

JesusNYY_Savior
02-18-2013, 08:38 PM
As a somewhat regular on the Bucks forum, generally speaking, fans aren't too high on him. He and Jennings don't really mesh that well together, since they are similar players. They are both inefficient and small. I'm not as down on Ellis as most others in the Bucks forum, but I don't think there's going to be too much sleep lost if he leaves. I wouldn't mind him picking up the option, but I wouldn't offer him 4 years at around $11 either.

I will say on his behalf though, he has become more of a team player in Milwaukee. He's taking less shots (although he still does take a lot of shots, especially jumpers when he should be driving) and he's actually improved his defense drastically. He'll never be a lockdown defender, but he's always also been partnered with horrible defenders in Curry and Jennings. If he could play alongside another guard who's a good defender, he'd be more than adequate as the second perimeter defender.
Curry isnt a bad defender

Swashcuff
02-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Sixers should be all over this.

Hell no!!!

Monta killed Steph Curry's game (http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Stephen-Curry-vs-Monta-Ellis|201939,101145;year=201112;season=r) no way we're going to make such a foolish move to have him come kill Jrue's. Lou Williams already did that for us last season.

asandhu23
02-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Hell no!!!

Monta killed Steph Curry's game (http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Stephen-Curry-vs-Monta-Ellis|201939,101145;year=201112;season=r) no way we're going to make such a foolish move to have him come kill Jrue's. Lou Williams already did that for us last season.

Small sample size.

asandhu23
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
and no ****, Curry did better when the main scoring option on the team was off the court. He became the main scoring option and was able to pad his stats.

ManRam
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Preemeptively feeling sorry for whoever signs him

Swashcuff
02-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Small sample size.

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Stephen-Curry-vs-Monta-Ellis|201939,101145;year=201011;season=r

Combine the two seasons you get 82 games + that's more than enough of a sample size. Curry was SIGNIFICANTLY better when Monta was off the floor.

The Warriors were also better offensively with Monta off the floor over his last two seasons there with Curry in the line-up. That's more than enough of a sample size.

Swashcuff
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM
and no ****, Curry did better when the main scoring option on the team was off the court. He became the main scoring option and was able to pad his stats.

He padded his stats and the team was better with him doing so thus resulting in better productivity. Win win.

detzfish
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't see why any team would throw him 11 a year but some team probably will do something dumb like 4 or 5 years for 40-55 mil which is ridiculous. He's a decent player ain't no denying it but I wouldn't pay him anymore the 7-8 a year. But then again look at Charlie Villanueva making over 7. If Phoenix is able to pull something like the rumored shumpert/Dudley swap, I think Ellis and shumpert could work well together

D-Leethal
02-18-2013, 10:01 PM

NJ has the Jersey Shore and Atlantic City. Its also a stones throw from NYC. They got some spots that attract tourists. Never been to Milwaukee but lets face it, its not a place NBA players want to play unless they are born there. That doesn't mean the place sucks, its just perceived that way.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 11:01 PM

*Hates Klay*

*Loves Monta's game*

You lose a lot of credibility when you think this way.

ChicagoSports12
02-18-2013, 11:08 PM
You ever hear anyone say "I am going to Milwaukee to vacation." That's cool if you like Milwaukee, but there is nothing there.
Joakim Noah reference?

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Joakim Noah reference?

Yes it was.

jerellh528
02-19-2013, 06:05 AM
ellis sucks

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Gery Woelfel mention there's 50/50 chance either Ellis or Jennings is dealt.

yaswaggin
02-19-2013, 10:05 AM
NJ has the Jersey Shore and Atlantic City. Its also a stones throw from NYC. They got some spots that attract tourists. Never been to Milwaukee but lets face it, its not a place NBA players want to play unless they are born there. That doesn't mean the place sucks, its just perceived that way.

Not to mention NJ has loads of rich towns, one of the towns doesn't have a house less than 1 million dollars.

Great place to send your kid to school, easy transport to NYC, Atlantic city, jersey shore, Long Island, etc

benzni
02-19-2013, 10:13 AM

:speechless:

Corey
02-19-2013, 10:36 AM
He's having his worst season since 06/07.

NoahH
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Who ISNT Phoenix interested in at this point?

lol, please
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Back to the Warriors, screw the Hawks. :laugh2:

Losoway
02-19-2013, 04:19 PM

not boring at all. and jennings has said a bunch of times he wants to stay with the bucks . ellis just wants to get paid . i see him in a suns uniform

cheesypacker
02-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I just hope he gets a great deal in the end. Always scary being switched around!

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Always liked his game. With the new CBA he'd be smart to take that 11milli next season and just play it out. Jennings will more than likely be gone so he'll have the team to himself to boost his FA value...

brewboy288
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
To the clowns who are saying Milwaukee is boring... You're stupid.

Milwaukee is fun. Is it a Miami, or New York? No. But its fun.

CavsYanksDuke
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Boring city???? You've never been to Milwaukee.

I've been, left, don't plan to return.

TheNumber37
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
phoenix will chase.

he'd make the perfect 6th man for a team like the Knicks over JR

Still I could see him playing small ball in Houston with Harden and lin, Sacramento could use some help.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Who ISNT Phoenix interested in at this point?Sounds like Suns dealing anyone for expiring's and picks according to twitter.