PDA

View Full Version : Dwight says he will only go to a winning team: Bye LA?

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
The Los Angeles Lakers continue to be adamant in their position of being uninterested in trading Dwight Howard, believing he will re-sign in the offseason.

Mitch Kupchak has been consistent privately when teams have called about Howard as he has been in public.

"They're too arrogant to move him now, even if Dwight asked for it," one rival GM said. "They're the Lakers, and they'll dare you to walk away in July. And if I was them, I would, too."

Kobe Bryant has grown at least publicly indifferent about the situation.

"I don't know what they're going to do," Bryant said Sunday. "At this point, it doesn't matter."

Sources say that Howard now believes winning must be his top priority in making a free agent decision. Howard will consider the path for the Lakers to compete and his decision will be based on best odds of winning more than marketing and geography.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

rockets-fan
02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
I really hope Houston does not pursue him if he does decide to walk in July

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Dwight "Diva" Howard is a hypocrite. When getting out of Orlando and going to a team that is talent laden like the Lakers, I just laugh that he'll only go to a winner. You whining cripple, shut the **** up and play ball. God, he's turning into such a puss.

ManRam
02-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Can't wait til the Dwight drama finally dies for a few years.

So sick of it. Equally as sick of the media sensationalizing every little thing they can about the situation.

PleaseBeNice
02-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Every day I like him less

ambisme56
02-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Reports- Laker's owner Jerry Buss died today...is Dwight to blame?

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Huh, maybe if he ACTUALLY SCORED the Lakers would be A WINNING TEAM.

fingerbang
02-18-2013, 12:18 PM
You can't be doing this when you're on the LA ****ing Lakers. What more could he want?

ManRam
02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Huh, maybe if he ACTUALLY SCORED the Lakers would be A WINNING TEAM.

1. Offense isn't the problem

Actually, I'm just gonna stop there. Lakers are 8th in offensive rating and 20th in defensive.

GREATNESS ONE
02-18-2013, 12:24 PM
So either LA or Boston.

sventhedog
02-18-2013, 12:24 PM
are you sure he didn't say a whining team?

thenaj17
02-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Lakers are a winning team - 1 season does not make you a losing team. LA will constantly attract players in free agency so Dwight should be able to see that. If we end up failing to make playoffs i could see him leaving but odds are with money/market/franchise with great winning tradition, that he stays

thenaj17
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM

Actually, I'm just gonna stop there. Lakers are 8th in offensive rating and 20th in defensive.

Also, worst team for conceding fast break points - if Dwight/Kobe/Nash didn't turn the ball over at such a high rate, that defensive rating would be much higher. It starts on the offensive end. We would be much higher in both rankings if it wasn't for poor TO's on offense, starting with Dwight's lead hands and Kobe/Nash forced passes

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2013, 12:33 PM

Actually, I'm just gonna stop there. Lakers are 8th in offensive rating and 20th in defensive.No, offense is the problem. The guy has terrible hands, terrible at getting open, commits stupid fouls, acts like a buffoon, can't shoot free throws, has not been a presence at all, needs to be force fed the ball on alley oops...

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Not looking good with Kobe and Nash set to retire in 2 years max. Dwight will be left like Kobe was in 05

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Also, worst team for conceding fast break points - if Dwight/Kobe/Nash didn't turn the ball over at such a high rate, that defensive rating would be much higher. It starts on the offensive end. We would be much higher in both rankings if it wasn't for poor TO's on offense, starting with Dwight's lead hands and Kobe/Nash forced passes:cheers:

ManRam
02-18-2013, 12:36 PM
No, offense is the problem. The guy has terrible hands, terrible at getting open, commits stupid fouls, acts like a buffoon, can't shoot free throws, has not been a presence at all, needs to be force fed the ball on alley oops...

Offense is HIS problem, offense isn't our TEAM's problem.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Why wont you guys get it? Dwight will not stop untill he is where he always wanted to be with the Nets in Brooklyn. Jeez. Stop making excuses and just send him where he wants to be or else this problem with continue!

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Offense is HIS problem, offense isn't our TEAM's problem.And that makes his ineptitude a BIG problem for the team.

kobe4thewinbang
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Why wont you guys get it? Dwight will not stop untill he is where he always wanted to be with the Nets in Brooklyn. Jeez. Stop making excuses and just send him where he wants to be or else this problem with continue!He needs to quit being a wimp and state that if it's true. Then sayonara. It's all one big joke-- "fun"-- to Dwight.

CaptainClutch
02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Just another addition to the Dwight saga....jeez

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 12:48 PM
He needs to quit being a wimp and state that if it's true. Then sayonara. It's all one big joke-- "fun"-- to Dwight.

I tried explaining this to fans last year and when Lakers got him in the summer. but they didnt know the situation and followed it like I did. He never wanted LA. Lakers fans were taunting saying Dwight will retire a laker and all this. HE HATES IT THERE!!! The man looks like he would rather be cleaning toliets at a mcdonalds. He only wants one place and thats Brooklyn. LA is a nice city and all that but this goes far beyond that.

UPRock
02-18-2013, 12:50 PM
If Dwight leaves Los Angeles he's going to get a LOT of hate.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
The difference between the Nets and Lakers is Dwight would have already commited to being a Net next year or signed the extension. He is giving every hint that isnt going to remain in LA with the Lakers next year.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-18-2013, 12:57 PM

He should get a lot of hate for half of the redundant or ******** statements he makes. He says he's committed to winning in Orlando only to debunk that and ask for a trade, gets to LA, and is complaining yet again. Shut up and play ball. Keep things in private and leave in the offseason if you don't want to stay in Los Angeles leave like a man. He should seriously learn from his mistakes and stop making the same mistakes.

ThunderousDemon
02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Where is the Link to this article?

Dwight says he will only go to a winning team: Bye LA?

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 01:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris-paul-doesn-t-need-dwight-howard-now--or-in-the-future-075249498.html

Teeboy1487
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I want him gone so bad. I literally hate this guy. I never was fond of him even when we acquired him. His so called "talent" is not worth the headache and distractions. Trade him now. Losing would feel so much better if this moron was not there.

dtmagnet
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Money talks, if the Lakers offer him a maximum deal he will scoop it up.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
If im Billy I offer Humphries 2 picks marshon and wallace for Dwight or he walks to us this summer

ziglur
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Dwight "Diva" Howard is a hypocrite. When getting out of Orlando and going to a team that is talent laden like the Lakers, I just laugh that he'll only go to a winner. You whining cripple, shut the **** up and play ball. God, he's turning into such a puss.

Howard will be ok! When he agreed to come to LA that they would hire a coach that they cant win with. Kobe wanted this pitiful coach and part of it was his fault for the hiring. He wont admit that he made a mistake in backing this guy , so hes blaming Howard instead of blaming himself. He cant admit he was wrong in bringing in this clown coach. Howard will leave and when he gets healthy he will star again. No problem!

KobeOwnSU
02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
**** Dwight. I don't care what happens to him, as long as he isn't on the Lakers much longer.

KobeOwnSU
02-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Howard will be ok! When he agreed to come to LA that they would hire a coach that they cant win with. Kobe wanted this pitiful coach and part of it was his fault for the hiring. He wont admit that he made a mistake in backing this guy , so hes blaming Howard instead of blaming himself. He cant admit he was wrong in bringing in this clown coach. Howard will leave and when he gets healthy he will star again. No problem!

Kobe wanted Phil. Jim and Mitch wanted D'Antoni. Get your facts straight before you start making incredulous claims.

Hellcrooner
02-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Nba should teach a lesson to this buffoon and freeze the offers this year, forcing him to go to china or europe.

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Money talks, if the Lakers offer him a maximum deal he will scoop it up.

If Money talks he would of signed that extension in Orlando.

ChitownSports16
02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
This guy dont want to win. This guy wants to go where he's gonna get all the attention in the world. And right now Kobe is that guy. This guy is becoming a joke honestly.

OceanSpray
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
This guy dont want to win. This guy wants to go where he's gonna get all the attention in the world. And right now Kobe is that guy. This guy is becoming a joke honestly.

He doesn't want to win? He came into LAL thinking he was going to get the ball more often. Playing with Kobe really deteriorated his ability to play. Bynum even said it, Kobe said it.

JiffyMix88
02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
are you sure he didn't say a whining team?

lol so true. This guy goes to one of the most winningest franchises in the past decade let alone history of the NBA and he's stating he's only going to a winning team?

Ok why not just make the next team you play for a winning team?

DaLakerz Rulz
He doesn't want to win? He came into LAL thinking he was going to get the ball more often. Playing with Kobe really deteriorated his ability to play. Bynum even said it, Kobe said it.

You really believe Dwight needs more touches given what he has shown when he does get the ball this year?

dtmagnet
If im Billy I offer Humphries 2 picks marshon and wallace for Dwight or he walks to us this summer

He can't walk to you this summer... If you're implying he would accept an MLE or veteran's minimum to sign with the Nets the player's union would veto that deal so fast.

shep33
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Dwight hasn't been good his year, lets just get that out of the way. People here need to stop blaming his teammates. The guy has been a shell of himself due to injury, and we're suppose to give him the ball on the block every time down, when he has proven to be a huge liability down there?

Defensively he isn't the same, and one-on-one defense, Bynum imo was far better last year than Dwight this year.

Again, I hope he stays, but he's contradicting himself. He says he's playing bad due to injuries, well then, you haven't given this thing a fair shake.

Whatever happens, happens. Dwight is a top 5 player when healthy, but I don't think he can handle a big market at all.

If he was playing like this in Brooklyn, they'd be worse off minus Lopez, Hump, Brooks/Wallace. The New York media would have destroyed him like they've been destroying Deron.

fresh prince
02-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Can't wait til the Dwight drama finally dies for a few years.

So sick of it. Equally as sick of the media sensationalizing every little thing they can about the situation.

Yup and what's worse is the guy isn't a franchise player anymore. You don't see Paul Millsap getting this kind of ink.

ThunderousDemon
02-18-2013, 01:29 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Dwight hasn't been good his year, lets just get that out of the way. People here need to stop blaming his teammates. The guy has been a shell of himself due to injury, and we're suppose to give him the ball on the block every time down, when he has proven to be a huge liability down there?

Defensively he isn't the same, and one-on-one defense, Bynum imo was far better last year than Dwight this year.

Again, I hope he stays, but he's contradicting himself. He says he's playing bad due to injuries, well then, you haven't given this thing a fair shake.

Whatever happens, happens. Dwight is a top 5 player when healthy, but I don't think he can handle a big market at all.

If he was playing like this in Brooklyn, they'd be worse off minus Lopez, Hump, Brooks/Wallace. The New York media would have destroyed him like they've been destroying Deron.

The NY media doesnt worry about the Nets, Dwill hasnt been destroyed at all get your facts straight. The Nets have the same media as they did in NJ.

king4day
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Why wont you guys get it? Dwight will not stop untill he is where he always wanted to be with the Nets in Brooklyn. Jeez. Stop making excuses and just send him where he wants to be or else this problem with continue!

Unless he's traded in a few days, a s/t can't happen this offseason.. Brooklyn's best asset, Lopez, is more valuable than Howard right now. I see no way Brooklyn would be willing to make that deal anymore.

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
He can't walk to you this summer... If you're implying he would accept an MLE or veteran's minimum to sign with the Nets the player's union would veto that deal so fast.

The NBA union can't veto jack.

shep33
02-18-2013, 01:41 PM
The NY media doesnt worry about the Nets, Dwill hasnt been destroyed at all get your facts straight. The Nets have the same media as they did in NJ.

Dude the NYC media killed him when Avery got fired. He got bashed for being fat. NJ media like D'Alessandro crushed him. Heck even Barkley and Shaq question him.

To me Dwight belongs in a small market, I don't know if he's coming back here, but he's definitely not going to end up in Brooklyn next year. Houston seems like the most logical place.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Dude the NYC media killed him when Avery got fired. He got bashed for being fat. NJ media like D'Alessandro crushed him. Heck even Barkley and Shaq question him.

To me Dwight belongs in a small market, I don't know if he's coming back here, but he's definitely not going to end up in Brooklyn next year. Houston seems like the most logical place.

What NYC media? im pretty sure I would know... name me a writer that bashed him?

ElChinoLatino
02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
What NYC media? im pretty sure I would know... name me a writer that bashed him?

You should probably read what you reply to in its entirety so you won't look like a fool after.

Chill_Will_24
02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
He needs to quit being a wimp and state that if it's true. Then sayonara. It's all one big joke-- "fun"-- to Dwight.

Well during the entire Dwight stuff it was known that he wanted only the Nets. The Lakers were to arrogant to believe it. Now he is acting up as many people predicted he would. I think this will continue till there is literally no chance he gets to his desired place.

Chill_Will_24
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM

:laugh2: Good thing people love him so much now

OceanSpray
02-18-2013, 02:10 PM
After Chris Bosh's humiliation last night, a spot just opened at Miami.

Slug3
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
After Chris Bosh's humiliation last night, a spot just opened at Miami.

Even if Miami released Bosh they wouldn't have any money.

Rain City
02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
i heard that D12 grew up a KG fan.... why cant someone lock them 2 in a room til D12 learns how to be a man?

KG=Old school> D12=Primadonna

shep33
02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
I hate agreeing with Skip Bayless, but he's right, Dwight just fits better with a small market when the pressure is off. Great player, and he's a treat to watch when he's healthy, but he takes every comment made by the media so personal.

I don't think he has the mental toughness like a LeBron to overcome controversy. LBJ is proving everybody wrong after years of abuse by the media. I question Dwight's ability to raise his game while that pressure is on him.

I hope he does though, in LA or not, he can expand his game if he added a little edge to himself and didn't care what people thought about him.

Dade County
02-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Howard is going to have to take a pay cut in his first year with a contending team... if he only wants to go to a winning/contending team.

If thats an option, I am pretty sure everyone here knows where he is signing.

OceanSpray
02-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't understand this Dwight can't play under pressure talk. He's not 100%, he's not getting the ball as much. It's not his fault.

beliges
02-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't understand this Dwight can't play under pressure talk. He's not 100%, he's not getting the ball as much. It's not his fault.

Your analysis of the situation is completely incorrect. That's why you don't understand this.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-18-2013, 02:56 PM

Again, you keep saying this without any explanation. How is him getting the ball more going to help the situation the Lakers are in? He has just not been productive enough in the post to warrant giving him more touches. Its basically a turnover waiting to happen.

Tmath
02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
He would be better off going to somewhere like Toronto where he will be under the spotlight and he will have a whole country on his side.

Not gonna happen, but I think it would help him regain a good image again.

shep33
02-18-2013, 03:03 PM

He takes what the media says way too strongly. He says he doesn't like the P&R yet it's what he can be dominant at. It's almost like the things that Shaq said about him not being a traditional big man stuck with him and he's trying to prove everyone wrong by playing to his weaknesses and demanding the ball on the block.

His own excuse about missing freethrows is that he needs to forget what people are telling him and just shoot them confidently. I mean right there is an indication of how criticism resonates onto the court.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-18-2013, 03:15 PM
He takes what the media says way too strongly. He says he doesn't like the P&R yet it's what he can be dominant at. It's almost like the things that Shaq said about him not being a traditional big man stuck with him and he's trying to prove everyone wrong by playing to his weaknesses and demanding the ball on the block.

His own excuse about missing freethrows is that he needs to forget what people are telling him and just shoot them confidently. I mean right there is an indication of how criticism resonates onto the court.

The sad thing is that both Kobe and Pau changed their games this year, yet Dwight is unwilling to realize or accept a different role. Granted Pau has complained (rightly so he is not being used properly), but at least he has tried to accommodate Dwight. Dwight on the other hand fails to realize that his back to the basket game is just not that good. In fact both Kobe and Pau are better when given the opportunities.

Dade County
02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
He would be better off going to somewhere like Toronto where he will be under the spotlight and he will have a whole country on his side.

Not gonna happen, but I think it would help him regain a good image again.

Howard would be sooo good for that team... but he wants to join with a team thats contending/winning already, so yeah.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
To be fair Howard is not quoted as saying anything, this is coming from "sources." Hard for me to indict him based on pure tmz type gossip.

But as far as him leaving I seriously doubt it because he is so sensitive about his image. He already took a beating for leaving ORL, if he bailed on LA the media would absolutely kill him!

zn23
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Howard be yet another big man that Kobe ran out of LA

Dade County
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
To be fair Howard is not quoted as saying anything, this is coming from "sources." Hard for me to indict him based on pure tmz type gossip.

But as far as him leaving I seriously doubt it because he is so sensitive about his image. He already took a beating for leaving ORL, if he bailed on LA the media would absolutely kill him!

He would be a free agent, Howard wouldn't be bailing out on anyone.

RLundi
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
He is going to HAVE to re-sign this summer. None of the potential destinations are gonna be contenders. Plus, he'd lose even more in the public's eyes if he bolted. It's an essential guarantee that he re-signs. Without a doubt in my mind.

AIRMAR72
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM

Howard has always been OVERRATED in my eyes lakers should trade him or let him go there is NO improvement in his game....NONE

LOOTERX9
02-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Well during the entire Dwight stuff it was known that he wanted only the Nets. The Lakers were to arrogant to believe it. Now he is acting up as many people predicted he would. I think this will continue till there is literally no chance he gets to his desired place.

I Agree the lakers were really arrogant and still are when it comes to Dwight. Anyone with 2 working eyes can see that Howard hates kobe, hates dantoni and hates being on the lakers. but the lakers management tells howard he's not being traded which means the lakers are too arrogant to see that howard hates being with the great lakers org

oak2455
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Not looking good with Kobe and Nash set to retire in 2 years max. Dwight will be left like Kobe was in 05

And Kobe won two championships afterwards :laugh:

LOOTERX9
02-18-2013, 04:02 PM

And this is why orlando was wrong for what they did with dwight not trading him to brooklyn just to get back at him for wanting to leave when his contract was expiring. It's not like dwight had 2 years left on his orlando contract. He told them he is not coming back so yall may as well get something for me from brooklyn but orlando acted like heart broken little girls and took a horrible package from lakers just to not give dwight what he wanted.

oak2455
02-18-2013, 04:03 PM

He doesn't understand the logistics of sports idk why I reply to him at all

MaloDaw9
02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
If Money talks he would of signed that extension in Orlando.

ive seen you use the "money talks" argument numerous times wavey.. you flip flop like a pancake.

get a ****ing spine man!

oak2455
02-18-2013, 04:05 PM

Why isn't cp3 a Laker ?!?!?

BKLYNpigeon
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
yeah. right.

please tell me how many "winning" teams are out there with salary cap space to sign howard?

none.

oak2455
02-18-2013, 04:07 PM
You should probably read what you reply to in its entirety so you won't look like a fool after.

This

Dade County
02-18-2013, 04:13 PM

But that type of rigging wont work anymore... Their wont be a Paul Gasol type of trade that can save the Lakers from OKC, Clippers (if Cp3 stays), or the HEAT.

If Howard wants to win rings as soon as possible, he will have to take a pay cut that 1st year, then sign on for more money later.

yeah. right.

please tell me how many "winning" teams are out there with salary cap space to sign howard?

none.

Thats Howard choice to take a pay cut... No one will see that coming, no one can imagine that Howard would do that just to win a title. The media and fans will bash him, I think if a player is willing to do that, they really want a ring.

Rockice_8
02-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Again, you keep saying this without any explanation. How is him getting the ball more going to help the situation the Lakers are in? He has just not been productive enough in the post to warrant giving him more touches. Its basically a turnover waiting to happen.

Well not that I've watched alot of Dwight this year but compared to his last two years in Orlando he's averaging less shots, FT's, and TO's. Not really sure how he's a TO machine like you are claiming. Also a team that gives up easy points on the fast break like LA should probably slow it down and get it in the post for the bigman. It helps slow down the game and might help the D.

Not that Antoni would do that so it's a moot point.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM

Kobe is a once in a lifetime player top 10 all time and had best coach all time

gwrighter
02-18-2013, 04:26 PM
I thought L.A was a winning team.

waveycrockett

Why isn't cp3 a Laker ?!?!?
What did Billy Hunter and the NBA union have to do with that? Nothing

oak2455
But that type of rigging wont work anymore... Their wont be a Paul Gasol type of trade that can save the Lakers from OKC, Clippers (if Cp3 stays), or the HEAT.

If Howard wants to win rings as soon as possible, he will have to take a pay cut that 1st year, then sign on for more money later.

Thats Howard choice to take a pay cut... No one will see that coming, no one can imagine that Howard would do that just to win a title. The media and fans will bash him, I think if a player is willing to do that, they really want a ring.

Rigging ?!?!? He's not going for a minimum salary then say gets hurt where is he then? I'll tell you that's the main reason it's not gonna happen... What star has taken the min in his day? I would love to know

oak2455
02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Nope the league step in its not happening unless you make space ..... Wasn't CP3 a laker ?? Come on stop being like that other guy

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Whether some of us like it or not, the fact is there. Dwight wants nothing to do with the Lakers, he wanted last year to be the franchise type that management went to, the guy in the 4th the ball went to. He hasnt even signed the extension or given any sign to LA he is staying. He still talks about the Nets. He wants us badly and he will be here!

DaLakerz Rulz
02-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Well not that I've watched alot of Dwight this year but compared to his last two years in Orlando he's averaging less shots, FT's, and TO's. Not really sure how he's a TO machine like you are claiming. Also a team that gives up easy points on the fast break like LA should probably slow it down and get it in the post for the bigman. It helps slow down the game and might help the D.

Not that Antoni would do that so it's a moot point.

Per 36 minutes, he is averaging the same this year as he has for his career (3.1 turnovers). I never said he is turning it over more than in Orlando, but keep in mind he is getting less touches and still averaging roughly the same turnovers. The problem is that those turnovers are much more costly to the Lakers and their mediocre defense. Pau and Kobe are more efficient in the post and turn it over less in the post. So if they really wanted to slow it down, they should be doing it through them.

justinnum1
02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
No, offense is the problem. The guy has terrible hands, terrible at getting open, commits stupid fouls, acts like a buffoon, can't shoot free throws, has not been a presence at all, needs to be force fed the ball on alley oops...

Offense is HIS problem, offense isn't our TEAM's problem.

lol

Dade County
02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Rigging ?!?!? He's not going for a minimum salary then say gets hurt where is he then? I'll tell you that's the main reason it's not gonna happen... What star has taken the min in his day? I would love to know

Then these sources shouldn't say that Howard is only go to a winning/contending team; because the only way he gets their is by taking a pay cut, then re-upping the falling season.

Howard might be the 1st star player to try this... all because he let Orlando **** with his head.

DanG
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Whether some of us like it or not, the fact is there. Dwight wants nothing to do with the Lakers, he wanted last year to be the franchise type that management went to, the guy in the 4th the ball went to. He hasnt even signed the extension or given any sign to LA he is staying. He still talks about the Nets. He wants us badly and he will be here!

He will probably sign a 40year deal with the nets because he loves them so much.

DaVille
02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Dang Dwight doing Lakers dirty if this true.

LakersMaster24
02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
I don't even know if I want Dwight to resign or not.

lpdunks8
02-18-2013, 05:22 PM

What do you think the Nets have that the Lakers would take in return? Keep in mind that even if there was a decent return, the players couldn't have contracts going beyond 2013-14. The Lakers have a plan in place to go after a huge star or two in 2014 free agency.

lpdunks8
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Then these sources shouldn't say that Howard is only go to a winning/contending team; because the only way he gets their is by taking a pay cut, then re-upping the falling season.

Howard might be the 1st star player to try this... all because he let Orlando **** with his head.

Have you heard of Danny Manning?

The new Bird rights rules (three year vs 1 year (where Manning comes in)) have been created that combat this. A player cannot sign a small one year deal and then come back the next year on a huge deal.

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Nope the league step in its not happening unless you make space ..... Wasn't CP3 a laker ?? Come on stop being like that other guy
I know you know what a union is and how it was Stern acting as de facto Owner of Hornets at the time which was owned by the all NBA owners at the time since they were in the process of being soled. The NBA union had nothing to do with veteoing the trade it was Stern. In fact they filed a grievanc BECAUSE OF THE VETO.

kubernetes
02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Why does he want to be in Brooklyn? D-Will? Orlando didn't have enough talent; LA has too much. What team could satisfy his needs/wants.

MaloDaw9
02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
I know you know what a union is and how it was Stern acting as de facto Owner of Hornets at the time which was owned by the owners. The NBA union had nothing to do with veteoing the trade it was Stern

yea we all know it was Stern wavvey..

i love it when a guy like wavey states the obvious then acts like he's a fountain of knowledge

oak2455
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Why does he want to be in Brooklyn? D-Will? Orlando didn't have enough talent; LA has too much. What team could satisfy his needs/wants.

There is a team over seas called the Wankers:)

OceanSpray
02-18-2013, 05:50 PM

He wants to be in a contending team and be the face of that franchise. In Brooklyn, he will be. I think Howard, if given his own team, will dominate just as hard.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
I would feel bad for Laker fans if they werent so rude in the summer. But now I just dont care about them

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
What do you think the Nets have that the Lakers would take in return? Keep in mind that even if there was a decent return, the players couldn't have contracts going beyond 2013-14. The Lakers have a plan in place to go after a huge star or two in 2014 free agency.
Well then I guess you arent resigning Dwight then, so if Dwight were to resign you would only sign him to a 1 year deal? why can he have money going past 2014 but not someone like Lopez?

oak2455
02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
This thread:laugh: only the NBA forum :laugh:

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
I know you know what a union is and how it was Stern acting as de facto Owner of Hornets at the time which was owned by the owners. The NBA union had nothing to do with veteoing the trade it was Stern

yea we all know it was Stern wavvey..

i love it when a guy like wavey states the obvious then acts like he's a fountain of knowledge
And I love it when I prove somebody knows nothing

NBA owners>David Stern > NBA Union

Union cant veto jack

DaVille
02-18-2013, 06:14 PM
I would feel bad for Laker fans if they werent so rude in the summer. But now I just dont care about them

They passed the Mantle to Miami Heat fans as most obnoxious fanbase.

lpdunks8
02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Well then I guess you arent resigning Dwight then, so if Dwight were to resign you would only sign him to a 1 year deal? why can he have money going past 2014 but not someone like Lopez?

Lopez is not a superstar while a 100% Howard is. There is a big difference between the two.

I highly doubt Kupchack and Buss believe Brook Lopez is a franchise cornerstone.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Lopez is not a superstar while a 100% Howard is. There is a big difference between the two.

I highly doubt Kupchack and Buss believe Brook Lopez is a franchise cornerstone.

He is still an all star and even with him on the roster Lakers could sign free agents, but if Kobe retires no big free agent (and there isnt many) will go there with no chance to win.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2013, 06:33 PM

Despite being a FA the perception would be that he couldn't take the pressure in LA and bailed. Especially after all the drama he's had this season. He'd be the villain just like Lebron was when he first left Cleveland. He's on record as saying he almost stayed in Orlando because he didn't want to go through what Lebron did.

He's not very mentally tough. No way he goes through that again especially with questionable health.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Nets fans should know first hand why dwight hasn't signed an extension. Less money. He'll do what D-Will did. Wait til the summer and then just get re-sign and get PAID.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Wavey wishes she got the attention DMF gets. Haha, it's amazing how hard she tries to troll but constantly fails. It's cute.

Dade County
02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Have you heard of Danny Manning?

The new Bird rights rules (three year vs 1 year (where Manning comes in)) have been created that combat this. A player cannot sign a small one year deal and then come back the next year on a huge deal.

Thanks for that info... I will look into it.

Despite being a FA the perception would be that he couldn't take the pressure in LA and bailed. Especially after all the drama he's had this season. He'd be the villain just like Lebron was when he first left Cleveland. He's on record as saying he almost stayed in Orlando because he didn't want to go through what Lebron did.

He's not very mentally tough. No way he goes through that again especially with questionable health.

Fanatics need to grow up ( not talking about you Tony_Starks )... Howard never came out and said, trade me to L.A. No one should be hurt or angry if he signs somewhere else during free agency .

I would love Howard to say this to the media (after his contract is up... but Howard would have said the to the Lakers front office behind close doors), I never wanted L.A so no one should expect me to stay in L.A. I wouldn't get mad at him, and how could the media trash him for that; but I am sure they will find some way to make Howard into the villain.

And onto another point... Lakers traded Bynum away knowing he was damage goods; but Lakers what to come out of that trade ON TOP, by singing Howard long term... WTF is that about stern?!

I mean seriously this country is so backwards it's unbelievable!

And the mentally tough part... Howard might have a F U mentality now.

Metsboi69
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Nets fans should know first hand why dwight hasn't signed an extension. Less money. He'll do what D-Will did. Wait til the summer and then just get re-sign and get PAID.

I totally agree if Dwight has intentions on staying then there's no question that's the reason he hasn't inked up yet. Unfortunately for Laker fans though I dont think Dwight is waiting on the money I think he is real unhappy in LA and if he isn't traded I think he gives up the year and 20+ mill for a fresh start in Hou or maybe even ATL

zn23
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM
I totally agree if Dwight has intentions on staying then there's no question that's the reason he hasn't inked up yet. Unfortunately for Laker fans though I dont think Dwight is waiting on the money I think he is real unhappy in LA and if he isn't traded I think he gives up the year and 20+ mill for a fresh start in Hou or maybe even ATL

Would you be happy wasting your prime playing with Kobe?

He's going to end up leaving. For everyone who says it will look bad on him, just remember that winning will cause all of that to go away. He just has to get put on a team that is focused on winning and not focused on one guy jacking up 41 shots in a game.

Metsboi69
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM

He's going to end up leaving. For everyone who says it will look bad on him, just remember that winning will cause all of that to go away. He just has to get put on a team that is focused on winning and not focused on one guy jacking up 41 shots in a game.

Agreed many will disagree but what Lebron did to me was worse. Leaving his HOMETOWN team, without any warning so the team could get some legitimate compensation. At least Dwight let the Magic know he had no intention of re signing, and the Lakers know(a team he didn't want to play for) that he was going to play out the season with no guarentees. So to me if as you say he has success some where else he can reconcile his image.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM

LMFAO, I swear you are obsessed with kobe. Even more than kobe lovers.

It doesn't matter who he played with right now, He's injured and can't play like how he did in Orlando because of the injuries. It doesn't matter who he's playing with, the injury would be bothering him no matter what. I don't expect you to understand that, troll.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM

BTW, since you consider your self a truth speaker, why didn't you answer my question yesterday?

Speak some truth on this:

Why can't Ronaldo be the player Messi is? Speak some truth on this, don't ignore it like yesterday.

lakers4sho
02-18-2013, 08:05 PM
:yawn:

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Yea, exactly what I thought. It's easy to speak truth when it benefits you but when it's not something you want to hear it's not so great is it? You can't handle the truth.

:laugh2:

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Why would Laker fans even want Dwight? he doesnt want you guys or the lakers. if I were you I would boo him.

Vinylman
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM

pretty sure he cant do that in the second year under the cba because they won't have his bird rights until year 3

New Power House
02-18-2013, 08:20 PM

There is no way to compare that time to this one. Reason why is that back then Shaq forced them to make a move and the Lakers had no cap room. This time Kobe,GAsol and Nash might leave a cap of about 60 million. Not counting other moves of course. Howard will be max if he decides to saty,but they might have at least 25 to 30 to invest! If he decides to leave,then they will have the money to attract two super players in 2014.This is the Lakers that you are talking about! We just need a guard with all star capability to continue forward and either a center or a forward at the 3 or 4. There will be some interested players, I bet when the time comes.

zn23
02-18-2013, 09:33 PM
There is no way to compare that time to this one. Reason why is that back then Shaq forced them to make a move and the Lakers had no cap room. This time Kobe,GAsol and Nash might leave a cap of about 60 million. Not counting other moves of course. Howard will be max if he decides to saty,but they might have at least 25 to 30 to invest! If he decides to leave,then they will have the money to attract two super players in 2014.This is the Lakers that you are talking about! We just need a guard with all star capability to continue forward and either a center or a forward at the 3 or 4. There will be some interested players, I bet when the time comes.

No offense but why would anyone want to come over to the Lakers mess? Obviously Los Angeles is a great place to live. But you have coach who is signed on for 2 more years who doesn't know what he's doing. You have Kobe going buckwild and shooting 41 times in a game with players like Nash, Pau and Howard around him. Worst part is he doesn't set any tone defensively and is a revolving door. Then you have Nash who also can't play any defense.

This is what a general manager said about the whole Kobe-Dwight situation:

"Everyone thinks the problem is everybody else but to me, the problem is Kobe. Take a look at Andrew Bynum's quotes the other day, where he said Kobe stunted his growth. He didn't like playing with Kobe.

"And Pau? Pau's a really nice guy and Kobe just walks all over him. On the one hand, it's good for Pau because it helps make him tougher but overall, I think it hurts his game. Kobe can smack Pau upside the head and Pau will still go back to him and say, 'Yes sir.' He's just too nice of a guy. But Pau can play. They won a few championships with him, so this notion that Kobe doesn't have anyone to play with and that he has to take all these shots is just wrong. Go back to the Oklahoma City series. Everybody blamed it on Pau and Bynum, but to me, it was more Kobe's fault.

And we know what kind of a player Dwight is. He's not at his best because he's coming off the back injury and because of the system D'Antoni's running, but it's obvious to me that Kobe doesn't trust him. And I'm not so sure he likes the way Dwight jokes around so much.''

Echoes what I've been saying all along.

Farcelona
02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
BTW, since you consider your self a truth speaker, why didn't you answer my question yesterday?

Speak some truth on this:

Why can't Ronaldo be the player Messi is? Speak some truth on this, don't ignore it like yesterday.

Messy really isnt that good. Media just loves him no matter what. Team product of Farcelona. Also they suspect he used HGH.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Messy really isnt that good. Media just loves him no matter what. Team product of Farcelona. Also they suspect he used HGH.

LMFAO. I don't even have to reply to this. BTW I'm not even a Barca fan, but your post is hilarious.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Well I'll say this Dwights Dad talks to him all the time and he feels Dwights coming back. Actually said it not just "anonymous source" speculation. The problem in LA isn't Dwight or Kobe it's injuries and their horrible joke of a coach.

With a legit coach and some actual structure most of this drama goes away...

ldawg
02-18-2013, 10:25 PM
No offense but why would anyone want to come over to the Lakers mess? Obviously Los Angeles is a great place to live. But you have coach who is signed on for 2 more years who doesn't know what he's doing. You have Kobe going buckwild and shooting 41 times in a game with players like Nash, Pau and Howard around him. Worst part is he doesn't set any tone defensively and is a revolving door. Then you have Nash who also can't play any defense.

This is what a general manager said about the whole Kobe-Dwight situation:

Echoes what I've been saying all along.please stop. If they did not win two titles before Howard i could see the argument. But how a player than has not won anything but a slam dunk contest and a few defensive player of the year award and a Always hurt Bynum who had 1 allstar appearance have the most to say. Who cares what Bynum thinks. The reason Howard is sucking is because he is being a diva. When Howard get off the high horse he will be alright. Lebron when through this to so lets see If Howard can man up and work on his still very raw game and get to the next level and join the likes of Duncan, KG, Pau, etc. If you are good you are good no one can hold you back. What ever is going on with Howard he has done to himself he came from Orlando with the baggage.

oak2455
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Well I'll say this Dwights Dad talks to him all the time and he feels Dwights coming back. Actually said it not just "anonymous source" speculation. The problem in LA isn't Dwight or Kobe it's injuries and their horrible joke of a coach.

Bingo!

ldawg
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Howard need to get his mind and Body right and work on his raw game. His post move is predictable or should i say his post post drive the the right semi sky hook that either get striped or clanks of the Iron.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 11:03 PM
the most overrated rumour in nba history

TyrionLannister
02-18-2013, 11:03 PM
If he walks, it would be the first superstar to ever walk as a free agent from the L.A. Lakers. Would be insane.

No way he walks to Brooklyn on the MLE or vet's min, though. If he walks it'll probably be to Dallas or Atlanta.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
Money is overated, it doesnt matter how much you are paid you have to love your job. Dwight is set for life and wants to win multiple championships. Only place to do that is Miami or Brooklyn. And he wants Brooklyn

zn23
02-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Money is overated, it doesnt matter how much you are paid you have to love your job. Dwight is set for life and wants to win multiple championships. Only place to do that is Miami or Brooklyn. And he wants Brooklyn

Their future is certainly a lot brighter than the Lakers... The Lakers are going to be a lottery team in a couple years. Lol they are almost a lottery team this year.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 11:18 PM
I am definitely rooting for the Rockets and Jazz so the Lakers miss the playoffs.

Lakers + Giants
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Their future is certainly a lot brighter than the Lakers... The Lakers are going to be a lottery team in a couple years. Lol they are almost a lottery team this year.

HAHAHA, hold on, the nets have a brighter future? With that salary, no way.

You're just talkin out of your *** now. Hahaha.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 11:35 PM

It's not a compliment to the Nets, it's a knock on the Lakers.

Welcome to a decade of mediocrity.

beliges
02-18-2013, 11:36 PM

Stupidest thing I've heard. If you think money is overrated to these players, especially a young man like Dwight then you are just completely naive.

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 11:45 PM

Right now even without Dwight we have the better record , add Dwight and we get even better. You currently dont have a future except for Hope. 4 out of your 5 starters will retire in 3 years

SportsFanatic10
02-18-2013, 11:46 PM

that's true, but dwight's dad also wanted him to stay in orlando and dwight obviously didn't. maybe his dad wants him to stay in LA now but who knows, howard could change his mind 50 times between now and then.

cssdmark
02-18-2013, 11:52 PM
D12 needs to go to Cleveland, that is a small market and plus Kyrie Irving is there. Lebron will also make his way back to his hometown. Think about that Kyrie, Lebron and D12. Scary and no I am not a Cleveland fan.

DaLakerz Rulz
02-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Right now even without Dwight we have the better record , add Dwight and we get even better. You currently dont have a future except for Hope. 4 out of your 5 starters will retire in 3 years

After next season, Nash is the only player under contract on the Lakers roster. Especially with the new CBA, there is no way Gasol is getting a huge contract if he continues. Kobe will probably retire if you look at statements he has been making, but you never know. They will hardly have to wait 3 more years though...

cssdmark
02-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Wake up mutley you are dreaming again, if Dwight goes to Brooklynn he still will not win a championship. That team is average with who they have, now sign Dwight and half your team will be gone. He would have a better chance with Cleveland than Crooklynn at least Cleveland has a legit pg.

lpdunks8
02-19-2013, 12:01 AM
After next season, Nash is the only player under contract on the Lakers roster...

I think it's time to come to the conclusion that I have. DoMeFavors has never heard of why it's good to have cap space.

Of course, it could be possible that he thinks the $50 Million they're scheduled to have available to spend in 2014 won't bring in any talent.

lpdunks8
02-19-2013, 12:02 AM
D12 needs to go to Cleveland, that is a small market and plus Kyrie Irving is there. Lebron will also make his way back to his hometown. Think about that Kyrie, Lebron and D12. Scary and no I am not a Cleveland fan.

Does Dan Gilbert strike you as someone who'll have 3 max contract players?

cssdmark
02-19-2013, 12:08 AM
When will he have to max out Kyrie, in 5 years.

lpdunks8
02-19-2013, 12:17 AM
When will he have to max out Kyrie, in 5 years.

Easy to look up.

Anyhow, analysts are talking about the Heat and Lakers having to break up big $$$ players due to the CBA. Why would small market Cleveland all of a sudden be willing to spend the entire cap on 3 players and either sign all minimum guys to stay under the LT or go over it?

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 12:30 AM
that's true, but dwight's dad also wanted him to stay in orlando and dwight obviously didn't. maybe his dad wants him to stay in LA now but who knows, howard could change his mind 50 times between now and then.

I'm sure he's going to go back and forth but as someone else said no FA has ever walked away from the Lakers. Just doesn't happen. My gut feeling is as soon as the seasons over they bite the bullet and fire Mike, bring in a coach that's going to have him more involved to show him they're serious about winning.

The fans will be screaming for Mikes departure anyway, they'd rather cut him a check then loose out on ticket sales and tv ratings...

Losoway
02-19-2013, 02:24 AM
dwight should just come to brooklyn , houston , or the warriors . they all have a nice core to be build into a championship contending team . reality is the lakers are done until they get some cap room. who is dwight howard gonna have a team around ? jodie meeks? earl clark?

Losoway
02-19-2013, 02:27 AM
sorry to say this. the lakers are gonna be done for the next few seasons . i said this last summer and laker stans called me "domefavor trolls etc i predicted the lakers was gonna have a terrible season and i was right. the lakers need to trade dwight howard for a star or some VERY DECENT ROLE players . build a team for the future and get that unrealistic dream of winning another ring for kobe out they head

ThaDubs
02-19-2013, 02:27 AM
Dwight just needs to go and play ball. If I was privileged enough to make it to the NBA I wouldn't whine and ***** because my team isn't winning games as much as I would necessarily like. I think Dwight just needs to man up.

Cano-Montero...
02-19-2013, 02:51 AM
dwight should just come to brooklyn , houston , or the warriors . they all have a nice core to be build into a championship contending team . reality is the lakers are done until they get some cap room. who is dwight howard gonna have a team around ? jodie meeks? earl clark?

The lakers have cap room after next season.

Kevj77
02-19-2013, 02:57 AM
After next season, Nash is the only player under contract on the Lakers roster. Especially with the new CBA, there is no way Gasol is getting a huge contract if he continues. Kobe will probably retire if you look at statements he has been making, but you never know. They will hardly have to wait 3 more years though...
This is exactly what LA will sell Howard on. It will be his team and they will have the cap space to sign max contracts. It won't take years just signing the right players or making a big trade to build around Dwight. Lakers won't have any problem rebuilding around Dwight if he stays. It's a fact that cap space and one superstar can turn a franchise around fast look at Miami.

ThaDubs
02-19-2013, 03:00 AM
dwight should just come to brooklyn , houston , or the warriors. they all have a nice core to be build into a championship contending team . reality is the lakers are done until they get some cap room. who is dwight howard gonna have a team around ? jodie meeks? earl clark?

:puke:

Guppyfighter
02-19-2013, 03:26 AM
:puke:

Nah, dude, if we can move Bogut and get Dwight instead. We'd be a lot better. Dwight is a top four player when healthy.

ThaDubs
02-19-2013, 04:01 AM
Nah, dude, if we can move Bogut and get Dwight instead. We'd be a lot better. Dwight is a top four player when healthy.

It would destroy our chemistry.

Mightythor26
02-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Dwight Howard is an immature baby.

Guppyfighter
02-19-2013, 05:05 AM
It would destroy our chemistry.

Nah, we'd win more.

jerellh528
02-19-2013, 05:57 AM
if this is true, then **** dwight. 2014 the lakers wlil be back