PDA

View Full Version : Best Backcourt of the Future

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Which team will have the best backcourt in the years to come?

1. Cleveland : Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters
2. Washington : John Wall, Bradley Beal/Jordan Crawford
3.Golden State : Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson
4.Charlotte Bobcats : Kemba Walker, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist/Gerald Henderson
5.Portland : Damian Lillard, Wesley Matthews
6.Toronto : Kyle Lowry, Terrence Ross/Demar DeRozan
7.Philadelphia : Jrue Holliday, Evan Turner/Nick Young
8.Oklahoma City : Russell Westbrook, Jeremy Lamb
9.Houston : Jeremy Lin, James Harden
10.Utah : Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward

And Explain.

SugeKnight
02-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Whichever has Kyrie

asandhu23
02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Klay might not be with Warriors for long. Lacob is already inquiring about Eric Gordon.

b@llhog24
02-18-2013, 03:19 AM
Kyrie is gonna be soooooooooooooooo good, but Waiters sucks sooooooooooo bad. Hope he actually turns out to be a somewhat serviceable player so then I could say the Cavs backcourt.

gotoHcarolina52
02-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Kyrie >>>>

b@llhog24
02-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Also, always like Hayward's game.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 03:28 AM
lillard will be the next all star....him and irving will take it to the next level

Arch Stanton
02-18-2013, 03:41 AM
Kyrie is gonna be soooooooooooooooo good, but Waiters sucks sooooooooooo bad. Hope he actually turns out to be a somewhat serviceable player so then I could say the Cavs backcourt.

I don't get your hate for Waiters. He's actually made improvements over the past couple of months. Other than Damian Lillard whose really outplayed him significantly?

KniCks4LiFe
02-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Lin and Harden w/o a doubt.

I had Beal and Wall strongly in 2nd, then Cleveland's duo of Irving and Waiters. They have a long way to go chemistry wise.

RenegadeRiot36
02-18-2013, 04:02 AM

Dion is arguably the best scorer from this last draft, and the only other person making a case is Lillard. How does he suck soooooooooooooo bad? Sure hes a rookie and he is frustrating at times, but when hes on, hes very hard to stop. Even today though, hes still more than serviceable. Shows how much you know about the Cavs.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Klay might not be with Warriors for long. Lacob is already inquiring about Eric Gordon.

Klay will be staying for a bit. Teams always inquire about players.

But I know you want Klay gone and it is pretty annoying.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Dion is arguably the best scorer from this last draft, and the only other person making a case is Lillard. How does he suck soooooooooooooo bad? Sure hes a rookie and he is frustrating at times, but when hes on, hes very hard to stop. Even today though, hes still more than serviceable. Shows how much you know about the Cavs.

Waiters sucks.

ThaDubs
02-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Cavs with Warriors as a close second. Especially if we trade Klay for somebody like Eric Gordon.

ThaDubs
02-18-2013, 04:23 AM

I like watching the kid when he's doing well, but Dion's efficiency leaves too much to be desired. 14 PPG is impressive for a rookie regardless, but just below 40% isn't exactly great. I am glad to see that he's been much more efficient as of recently though. 12 PPG on 48% shooting last 10.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 04:51 AM
i picked washington.....wall and beal.....they will be lethal...wall needs to work on his shot

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 08:13 AM
i was wondering about mayo and collison?

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 08:18 AM
i was wondering about mayo and collison?
lawl

No.

BenFrank
02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't sleep on Houston! When Jeremy Lin taps into his tru potential, I can see him Avg 19/10 which could be a couple years away, but he's only gonna get better, and depending on who else we add, will make the game easier for him

Lin/Harden will be the best backcourt in 2 years

RLundi
02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
I like Curry and Thompson.

b@llhog24
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't get your hate for Waiters. He's actually made improvements over the past couple of months. Other than Damian Lillard whose really outplayed him significantly?

Not so much "hate" just disappointmented that he's supposed to be the guy who's Kyrie's running mate for the forseeable future.

K.

b@llhog24
02-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Also you're not implying that he's the second best rookie this year by any notion, are you?

Waiters sucks.
yep

ManRam
02-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Why aren't the Lakers on the list? As long as they have Kobe, they're the best.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Why aren't the Lakers on the list? As long as they have Kobe, they're the best.

I was going to say something like that. I was going to use the bulls: Rose and ______ would probably be top 10, depending how good that blank player is, should be top 5.

Cal827
02-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Cleveland

Irving is a future top 5 player

Waiters has been inconsistent shooting the ball, but he's a rookie and will Improve... I like what I've seen out of him so far. Could potentially be a top 5 SG in a few years.

PurpleJesus
02-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Ricky Rubio and Alexey Shved

waveycrockett
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Deron Williams/Marshon Brooks

ManningToTyree
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Kidd and Pablo

RipCity32
02-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Washington for me

GSRaider
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
1. Cavs: Kyrie is just too damn good! Kid is amazing! IMO, Kyrie is a top 3 PG and WILL be a top 5 player in the league within the next 3 years. Kyrie is just scary good!

2 Warriors: Steph and Klay are the best shooting backcourt in the NBA... Curry is establishing himself as one of the better guards in the league and Klay, in his second year is already one of the best shooters in the league and he's improving all areas of his game and is becoming more well rounded.... But there are rumors circulating the Warriors are looking to trade for Eric Gordon... A Curry and Gordon backcourt would be the best backcourt in the entire league imo...

3. Houston: Harden is dominant... Lin is more than serviceable and has brilliant moments. Lin will continue to improve...

4. Wizards: Just full of talent... Sky's the limit... And IMO, potential to be the best backcourt in a couple years.

Redskins10
02-18-2013, 02:13 PM
1. Curry and Steph

2. Beal and Wall.

Corey
02-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Kyrie and Waiters.

Dion's last 10 games: 13/3/3 shooting 48%

D-Leethal
02-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Jazz?

Really?

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
how are the Jazz up there, but Rubio/Shved are not?

JiffyMix88
02-18-2013, 02:50 PM
I picked Beal and Wall and people are going to see how much more dominating Wall is than Kyrie when they watch Cleveland vs Washington

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-18-2013, 02:56 PM
I'd go with the Warriors only because I'm still on the ropes about Waiters. If he can keep up what he's been doing as of late to the end of the season I'd change this to the Cavs.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
I voted on accident for the wronng players. I like Kyrie Irving and Waiters best then Wall/Beal second.

JiffyMix88
02-18-2013, 03:18 PM
I voted on accident for the wronng players. I like Kyrie Irving and Waiters best then Wall/Beal second.

Even though it was by accident you made the right choice no reason to even post this to justify it.

mdm692
02-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Kendall Marshall and Ben Mclemore :hide:. But for real it has to be Kyrie and Waiters.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I understand that everyone is high on Irving, but why no love for Houston? Right now, Harden is the better player and this is his first year starting. And Lin may be hit or miss, but he's certainly been a better player than Waiters this season. The biggest knock on Houston's backcourt has been that Lin and Harden don't compliment each other very well, but the last few weeks, Lin has really improved his perimeter shooting and set shooting. The offense also runs through him a lot more than it did earlier in the year.

I could see either backcourt working out, but I don't quite understand why everyone is so quick to give Cleveland (a terrible team) the edge over Houston (a playoff team).

1-800-STFU
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Rose and JIMMY BUTLER

tr3ymill3r
02-18-2013, 05:15 PM
I want Kyrie and Harden in the same backcourt, get it done Morey.

DreamShaker
02-18-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't think Lin is the answer at PG for Houston as a starter. He's a 6th man to me. A really solid one, but I don't see him as a starter.

I also see a lot of potential in Waiters. Very rarely are wing players overly efficient in their rookie seasons. Look at Kobe, Lebron, and Durant. Not saying he will be anywhere near them, but as Durant said recently, it took him awhile to distinguish a good shot from a bad shot. Waiters could potentially be a borderline all-star, and Irving is a future MVP candidate in my eyes. He has it all.Those two can grow together and really compete with the best in a few years if the cards fall right.

DreamShaker
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
I want Kyrie and Harden in the same backcourt, get it done Morey.

That would be amazing. Lol.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't think Lin is the answer at PG for Houston as a starter. He's a 6th man to me. A really solid one, but I don't see him as a starter.

I also see a lot of potential in Waiters. Very rarely are wing players overly efficient in their rookie seasons. Look at Kobe, Lebron, and Durant. Not saying he will be anywhere near them, but as Durant said recently, it took him awhile to distinguish a good shot from a bad shot. Waiters could potentially be a borderline all-star, and Irving is a future MVP candidate in my eyes. He has it all.Those two can grow together and really compete with the best in a few years if the cards fall right.

I'm not sure we've seen all Lin has to offer yet. He had barely gotten a chance to play prior to this season aside from that 10-15 game stretch in New York last year. And having watched him this year, he really has improved from earlier in the season. He's driving to the basket more, hitting open jumpers when he gets them and he isn't dribbling into traffic nearly as much anymore. I also feel like he's improved on the defensive end, even if there are still mental lapses and he gives up big games to star point guards on occasion.

You brought up Waiters' numbers lately, but how about this? Over the last 10 games, Lin is posting 15.4/6.8/1.8/1.3 on .477 shooting in only 30.8 minutes. In February, he's posting 15.1/6.7/1.4/1.1 on .455/.476/.867 shooting. If he could continue to be this consistent and continue to develop chemistry with Harden, I think he could regularly be a 16/7 guy with solid shooting percentages from all over the floor. And considering how young he is and how early in his career this is, he may even be better than that...

knicks=love
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
toss up between cleveland and portland for me.

kyrie is good, but i'm not sure how waiters will be.

lillard is already showing he'll be good, but can he keep it up? i like wes' game too.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 05:31 PM
You have to remember Harden is a god damned superstar. Rockets backcourt has loads of potential just with him.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 05:31 PM
I understand that everyone is high on Irving, but why no love for Houston? Right now, Harden is the better player and this is his first year starting. And Lin may be hit or miss, but he's certainly been a better player than Waiters this season. The biggest knock on Houston's backcourt has been that Lin and Harden don't compliment each other very well, but the last few weeks, Lin has really improved his perimeter shooting and set shooting. The offense also runs through him a lot more than it did earlier in the year.

I could see either backcourt working out, but I don't quite understand why everyone is so quick to give Cleveland (a terrible team) the edge over Houston (a playoff team).

Even though the Rox aren't my team, I have watched a lot of their games living here. I am still not sure about Lin, sometimes he appears to be able to handle the starting role, sometimes I see him overdribbling and getting the flow of the offense out of sync. I think with coaching, he may very well be an average starter, and that is all you need next to Harden imo, especially if they can freakin upgrade at PF over the 45 of them on the roster now.

Bishnoff
02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Cavs, Warriors, Blazers, Rockets, Wizards (in that order).

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
toss up between cleveland and portland for me.

kyrie is good, but i'm not sure how waiters will be.

lillard is already showing he'll be good, but can he keep it up? i like wes' game too.

You know I love you, dude, but how in the hell could you take Portland ahead of Houston? Lillard isn't half the player Harden is at this point and Matthews and Lin are essentially a wash.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Even though the Rox aren't my team, I have watched a lot of their games living here. I am still not sure about Lin, sometimes he appears to be able to handle the starting role, sometimes I see him overdribbling and getting the flow of the offense out of sync. I think with coaching, he may very well be an average starter, and that is all you need next to Harden imo, especially if they can freakin upgrade at PF over the 45 of them on the roster now.

I actually think Lin could be a well above average starting PG, because he does a lot of things well. He dribble penetrates and creates for other shooters as well as anyone in the league and he does a good job of creating space on the floor. He still needs to cut down on the mistakes and improve his jumper, but he's gotten significantly better at both of those things as of late.

As for PF, Patterson has been much better lately, as well, but I do think they need more of an offensive post threat inside. Even if they don't add anyone by the trade deadline or in the offseason, though, I'm really curious to see how he and Asik develop offensively. Patterson has become a very solid stretch 4 and Asik has been a much better offensive player than advertised. Considering everyone on this team is insanely young and four of their five starters are first-year starters, they have a lot of room for improvement.

todu82
02-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Cleveland

kubernetes
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Cavs and Rox.

Kylie and Harden are so good they elevate the backcourt no matter who they play with--if they're not superstars now, they're clear locks in the near future. Lin is above average already, IMO.

Arch Stanton
02-18-2013, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=b@llhog24;25416466]Also you're not implying that he's the second best rookie this year by any notion, are you?
No. In comparison to other guards in the draft. And I'm not saying he's better than any of those guards. But that the disparity isn't much.

Arch Stanton
02-18-2013, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=b@llhog24;25416457]Not so much "hate" just disappointmented that he's supposed to be the guy who's Kyrie's running mate for the forseeable future.

So other than Lillard which guard should they have drafted? If they get lucky they could always draft McLemore who may compliment Kyrie a little better and Waiters could come off the bench. Then McLemore could be the running mate for the forseeable future.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
You have to remember Harden is a god damned superstar. Rockets backcourt has loads of potential just with him.

i agree

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
I actually think Lin could be a well above average starting PG, because he does a lot of things well. He dribble penetrates and creates for other shooters as well as anyone in the league and he does a good job of creating space on the floor. He still needs to cut down on the mistakes and improve his jumper, but he's gotten significantly better at both of those things as of late.

As for PF, Patterson has been much better lately, as well, but I do think they need more of an offensive post threat inside. Even if they don't add anyone by the trade deadline or in the offseason, though, I'm really curious to see how he and Asik develop offensively. Patterson has become a very solid stretch 4 and Asik has been a much better offensive player than advertised. Considering everyone on this team is insanely young and four of their five starters are first-year starters, they have a lot of room for improvement.

Lin needs to gain a left hand (consistently), cut down on turnovers, and as you said, improve that long range jumper. He also needs to stop over dribbling the ball at times, but that might come with experience and coaching.

As for the PF position, if you don't upgrade, you have the lesser PF on the floor almost every game. The Rox have a bunch of guys there that would be high quality backups, but nothing more

Harden alone makes it so even if Jeremy doesn't develop a lot more, they are going to be one of the better backcourts in the game a few years from now. McHale isn't much of a developer of PG's from what I have seen, we shall see what happens.

SeoulBeatz
02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
1) Curry/Thompson
2) Kyrie/Waiters
3) Wall/ Beal
4) Jrue/ E.T
5) Harden/ Lin
6) Lillard/ Matthews
7) Lowry/ Ross
8) Kemba/ MKG

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Lin needs to gain a left hand (consistently), cut down on turnovers, and as you said, improve that long range jumper. He also needs to stop over dribbling the ball at times, but that might come with experience and coaching.

As for the PF position, if you don't upgrade, you have the lesser PF on the floor almost every game. The Rox have a bunch of guys there that would be high quality backups, but nothing more

Harden alone makes it so even if Jeremy doesn't develop a lot more, they are going to be one of the better backcourts in the game a few years from now. McHale isn't much of a developer of PG's from what I have seen, we shall see what happens.

Lin still has room for improvement, but he's been making tremendous strides over the last month. I agree that they have to get a more reliable No. 2, preferably at PF, but as well as the starting five has played as of late, that young core could feasibly develop into a contender on its own in a couple of years. A long shot? No doubt, but not out of the question.

1) Curry/Thompson
2) Kyrie/Waiters
3) Wall/ Beal
4) Jrue/ E.T
5) Harden/ Lin
6) Lillard/ Matthews
7) Lowry/ Ross
8) Kemba/ MKG
How can you justify placing the best player on this list fifth overall?

Forever35
02-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Lowry and DeRozan...

Plus Rudy just said that DeRozan is the BEST SG he's ever played with... :D

asandhu23
02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Klay will be staying for a bit. Teams always inquire about players.

But I know you want Klay gone and it is pretty annoying.

Dude, you are always bagging on Monta every chance you get even if no one is talking about him. That is the thing which is ****ing annoying.

Every single Warriors or Bucks related thread... Monta sucks this... Monta sucks that... Monta sucks there... Monta sucks here... Monta sucks underwater... Monta sucks in space. Just look at the Monta declining option thread as an example. You created it to have another go at Monta.

Seriously, did Monta crash your beloved moped or send you his dick pics?

topdog
02-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I like Wall and Beal. I think Wall's driving attacking game and defensive capabilities will mesh well with Beal's sweet shootin, unselfishness and okay defense.

Why is Minnesota's backcourt not an option? Shved and Rubio were both in the Rising Stars Challenge and certainly are intriguing from a Minnesota fan's standpoint.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Dude, you are always bagging on Monta every chance you get even if no one is talking about him. That is the thing which is ****ing annoying.

Every single Warriors or Bucks related thread... Monta sucks this... Monta sucks that... Monta sucks there... Monta sucks here... Monta sucks underwater... Monta sucks in space. Just look at the Monta declining option thread as an example. You created it to have another go at Monta.

Seriously, did Monta crash your beloved moped or send you his dick pics?

But Monta does suck. :shrug:

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I like Wall and Beal. I think Wall's driving attacking game and defensive capabilities will mesh well with Beal's sweet shootin, unselfishness and okay defense.

Why is Minnesota's backcourt not an option? Shved and Rubio were both in the Rising Stars Challenge and certainly are intriguing from a Minnesota fan's standpoint.

Utah is up there, and they literally don't have a PG.

mightybosstone
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't understand how anyone can pick Washington. What has John Wall done to prove he is an All-Star caliber point guard at this point? Absolutely nothing. And Beal hasn't even been an average player this season. Washington probably wouldn't crack my top four.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't understand how anyone can pick Washington. What has John Wall done to prove he is an All-Star caliber point guard at this point? Absolutely nothing. And Beal hasn't even been an average player this season. Washington probably wouldn't crack my top four.

topdog is a very good poster, but yeah, I have zip idea how anyone can pick Washington. Wall hasn't lived up to his potential at all, and Beal has struggled, and did so at Florida, for his so called shooting ability.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 10:13 PM
topdog is a very good poster, but yeah, I have zip idea how anyone can pick Washington. Wall hasn't lived up to his potential at all, and Beal has struggled, and did so at Florida, for his so called shooting ability.

i could see a high potential with this duo....

asandhu23
02-18-2013, 10:15 PM
But Monta does suck. :shrug:

that's not the point. Dude's got an obvious agenda against Monta and says I have one against Klay.

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
i could see a high potential with this duo....

Wall is all potential, and no substance. Beal, his story is yet to be written.

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 10:46 PM
that's not the point. Dude's got an obvious agenda against Monta and says I have one against Klay.

An agenda against Monta?

Asandhu, you constantly bring up the fact you think Klay sucks and the team would be better with Ellis. People constantly want to trade Klay for inferior talent. Saying a ****** player is ****** is not an agenda.

Lambasting Klay while defending Monta makes it pretty obvious what's going on.

Basically the only people who don't know Monta sucks are other Warrior fans. And when there is a thread suggesting we should bring him back as a sixth man, it's frustrating to see.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Wall is all potential, and no substance. Beal, his story is yet to be written.

beal is only a rookie.....they are starting to win games if u noticed

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 11:08 PM
beal is only a rookie.....they are starting to win games if u noticed

Sure, but I still don't think Wall will ever live up to his potential, never understood why Beal got Ray Allen comparisons, and they have the worst coach in the league. I just don't think they belong in this conversation, when there are some young backcourts with proven all NBA talent.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Sure, but I still don't think Wall will ever live up to his potential, never understood why Beal got Ray Allen comparisons, and they have the worst coach in the league. I just don't think they belong in this conversation, when there are some young backcourts with proven all NBA talent.

wall was injured most of the season......hes only 22....he has soo much time to improve...and beal is still a teenager.....they juss need a good coach

Hawkeye15
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
wall was injured most of the season......hes only 22....he has soo much time to improve...and beal is still a teenager.....they juss need a good coach

Wall showed nothing between years 1-2, and they have a horrific coach. Look, I am not saying Wall will be a bust (I personally feel that way, but time will tell), I am saying there are better options to choose from, with young players that will hit all NBA teams this year.

rockbottom2010
02-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Wall showed nothing between years 1-2, and they have a horrific coach. Look, I am not saying Wall will be a bust (I personally feel that way, but time will tell), I am saying there are better options to choose from, with young players that will hit all NBA teams this year.

wall needs to work on his shot...if he can do that...he will be up there........

SeoulBeatz
02-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Lin still has room for improvement, but he's been making tremendous strides over the last month. I agree that they have to get a more reliable No. 2, preferably at PF, but as well as the starting five has played as of late, that young core could feasibly develop into a contender on its own in a couple of years. A long shot? No doubt, but not out of the question.

How can you justify placing the best player on this list fifth overall?

one word: lin.

alexander_37
02-18-2013, 11:53 PM

This. Harden is basically the best player on the list, Lin is in the top half the league for PG's.

felixng2012
02-19-2013, 12:33 AM
CP3 and some random SG.

topdog
02-19-2013, 12:38 AM

It's a hypothetical question. Irving and Harden obviously make their backcourts the most desirable now despite not having terribly great running mates, but this is a question of the future. Beal I think has some real talent and he is making strides towards being a good player ala Eric Gordon (vs. Ray Allen). I was never as high on Wall as others but the Wiz have been surging since his return and I feel like the pair fits well as a future backcourt that together covers everything you want from those positions: slashing, passing, shooting and ball pressure. I'm not saying either will be a star, but I think that they will be the strongest tandem (many of the other pairs have an obvious weak link).

P.S. Thanks for the cred, Hawkeye.

rockbottom2010
02-19-2013, 01:09 AM
im just shocked that nobody is giving credit to the 76ers...jrue holiday is also an allstar

mrblisterdundee
02-19-2013, 01:37 AM
I'd say the choice here is between Houston and Cleveland, with Golden State a close third.
On a per minute basis, James Harden is better than or equal too Kyrie Irving in almost every statistical category, including win shares, offensive ratings, defensive ratings, etc.
Dion Waiters, though, is playing better than Jeremy Lin so far and showing lots of promise.
For now, though, I gave Houston the tiniest edge because of Harden, although I could see the two back courts pulling even next season.

mrblisterdundee
02-19-2013, 01:41 AM
im just shocked that nobody is giving credit to the 76ers...jrue holiday is also an allstar

Jrue Holiday is tearing it up, but not quite as much as James Harden and Kyrie Irving. We'll have to see how Evan Turner comes along – he's playing as good right now as Jeremy Lin or Dion Waiters.

rockbottom2010
02-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Jrue Holiday is tearing it up, but not quite as much as James Harden and Kyrie Irving. We'll have to see how Evan Turner comes along – he's playing as good right now as Jeremy Lin or Dion Waiters.

remember hes only 22.....turner is improving every year...and once bynum is 100%...they will be scary for the long run

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 02:17 AM
It's a hypothetical question. Irving and Harden obviously make their backcourts the most desirable now despite not having terribly great running mates, but this is a question of the future. Beal I think has some real talent and he is making strides towards being a good player ala Eric Gordon (vs. Ray Allen). I was never as high on Wall as others but the Wiz have been surging since his return and I feel like the pair fits well as a future backcourt that together covers everything you want from those positions: slashing, passing, shooting and ball pressure. I'm not saying either will be a star, but I think that they will be the strongest tandem (many of the other pairs have an obvious weak link).

P.S. Thanks for the cred, Hawkeye.

For sure its hypothetical, but you and I see Beal in a different light, and I think Wall is all hype.

And you are welcome. You are very knowledgeable about the game, and I am happy to post on the Wolves board with someone who has your intellect.

Sota4Ever
02-19-2013, 02:25 AM
I think it's between the Rockets, Cav's, and Blazers. But in the end I will probably go with the Cav's.

mightybosstone
02-19-2013, 02:44 AM
I'd say the choice here is between Houston and Cleveland, with Golden State a close third. On a per minute basis, James Harden is better than or equal too Kyrie Irving in almost every statistical category, including win shares, offensive ratings, defensive ratings, etc.
I agree with essentially all of this.

Dion Waiters, though, is playing better than Jeremy Lin so far and showing lots of promise. For now, though, I gave Houston the tiniest edge because of Harden, although I could see the two back courts pulling even next season.
But here's where you lose me. How has Waiters played better than Jeremy Lin? Aside from points per game, Lin's stats dwarf Waiters in every other basic or advanced statistical category. Lin's PER, WS/48 and TS% all hover around average-above average while Waiters numbers in each category are well below league average. And Waiters is playing better as of late, but so is Lin, who has been more consistent.

mightybosstone
02-19-2013, 03:04 AM
It it's me, I'm going:
1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Cleveland
4. Portland
5. Oklahoma City
6. Philly
7. Toronto
8. Washington
9. Charlotte
10. Minnesota

Houston, Golden State and Cleveland are clearly in a league of their own, IMO. Each of them has a top 10-20 caliber player and a second guy capable of being a well above average starter at his position. Houston gets the edge because Harden is the best player on this list and Lin has arguably been the best secondary option. I like Curry and Thompson more than Cleveland's duo, because Golden State clearly has developed chemistry already, while we have yet to see Waiters really mold his game around Irving.

Portland and OKC are behind at fourth and fifth with superstar caliber PGs and "meh" SGs. I gave Portland the edge, because Matthews is still relatively young, isn't half bad and is locked in until 2015. Kevin Martin is clearly much better, but he's already 30 and there's no guarantee he comes back in the offseason. Lamb definitely is not ready to earn a vote of confidence.

Philly, Toronto and Washington all clearly have talented young PGs, but those are guys who haven't quite taken the steps forward yet that we expect of them. Holiday has taken a big step forward this season, but he's fairly inefficient, his turnover rate is insane and I don't think he's got No. 1 potential. Lowry has the talent to be a stud, but his attitude and injury problems have really killed him. And I'm sick of being told how great Wall is going to be when he has yet to come close to anything resembling greatness. All three teams have decent prospects at SG with DeRozan probably getting the edge over Turner, but not by much.

Charlotte and Minnesota are just too hard to tell at this point. Kemba and Rubio both are electric players in different ways, but I'm nowhere near sold on either of them as future leaders of playoff teams yet. I gave Charlotte a slight edge, because Henderson and Sessions are more proven than Shved at this point.

And Utah has no business being on this list.

jerellh528
02-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Kyrie!!

rockbottom2010
02-19-2013, 06:27 AM
if the hornets draft maclemore...it'll be interesting

AIRMAR72
02-19-2013, 09:10 AM
It it's me, I'm going:
1. Houston
2. Golden State
3. Cleveland
4. Portland
5. Oklahoma City
6. Philly
7. Toronto
8. Washington
9. Charlotte
10. Minnesota

Houston, Golden State and Cleveland are clearly in a league of their own, IMO. Each of them has a top 10-20 caliber player and a second guy capable of being a well above average starter at his position. Houston gets the edge because Harden is the best player on this list and Lin has arguably been the best secondary option. I like Curry and Thompson more than Cleveland's duo, because Golden State clearly has developed chemistry already, while we have yet to see Waiters really mold his game around Irving.

Portland and OKC are behind at fourth and fifth with superstar caliber PGs and "meh" SGs. I gave Portland the edge, because Matthews is still relatively young, isn't half bad and is locked in until 2015. Kevin Martin is clearly much better, but he's already 30 and there's no guarantee he comes back in the offseason. Lamb definitely is not ready to earn a vote of confidence.

Philly, Toronto and Washington all clearly have talented young PGs, but those are guys who haven't quite taken the steps forward yet that we expect of them. Holiday has taken a big step forward this season, but he's fairly inefficient, his turnover rate is insane and I don't think he's got No. 1 potential. Lowry has the talent to be a stud, but his attitude and injury problems have really killed him. And I'm sick of being told how great Wall is going to be when he has yet to come close to anything resembling greatness. All three teams have decent prospects at SG with DeRozan probably getting the edge over Turner, but not by much.

Charlotte and Minnesota are just too hard to tell at this point. Kemba and Rubio both are electric players in different ways, but I'm nowhere near sold on either of them as future leaders of playoff teams yet. I gave Charlotte a slight edge, because Henderson and Sessions are more proven than Shved at this point.

And Utah has no business being on this list.whoever james harden playing with would my 1st pick after that kyire and whoever