PDA

View Full Version : Should they add some new events to all star weekend?

rocketfuel
02-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Maybe, get rid of the shooting stars or the friday game... it's a lot of filler just to get to the 3 point contest and dunk contest.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Yes, or just disband it. It's a disgrace to NBA. I'm starting to dislike NBA superstars. Charles Barkley said it right and that these NBA players need to give back to the game. They get paid fortunes to play basketball, the least they can do is put on a show for the fans who give them good money to be entertained.

rocketfuel
02-17-2013, 11:11 PM
a bunch of prima donnas. Sitting there in their suits and designer sunglasses making faces. There were better dunkers sitting in the stands than the ones out there in the contest.

LOOTERX9
02-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Add a 2 on 2 tournament to replace the dunk contest. There are no more dunks left that the players can makeup without adding crazy props that just makes the dunks harder and leaves more of a chance For lots of misses. And get rid of the skills challenge cause its useless

MiamiBoy77
02-17-2013, 11:15 PM
yea... how bout a free throw shooting contest and whoever can make 100 layups first...

i agree that stars need to be in it. what they should do is limit the contests to only all stars. the league should just put these players in it, and fine them if they dont compete.. ridiculous

LAKobeBryant
02-17-2013, 11:34 PM
HORSE was pretty good. They should do a 1on1 or 2on2 tournament.

mgsports
02-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Free Throw Contest? Long Distant Shot?

LAKobeBryant
02-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Free Throw Contest? Long Distant Shot?

lol ft contest is the worst idea. that is super boring some player i believe can go without missing 100 straight.

iamsteel
02-18-2013, 12:09 AM
I would like to see more events and not as much filler. HORSE, 2 on 2, classic player game....etc. Maybe a mini Olympic style 2 on 2 tournament with pairs of players from different countries. It all could be more condensed though.
I actually still like the dunk contest, but the misses hurt it. They should get two attempts like they did before. I'm glad they went back to 6 contestants instead of 4.

sventhedog
02-18-2013, 07:15 AM
skills challenge for bigmen. haha. dwight howard would break records and spend 2 hours on the shooting part.

rocketfuel
02-18-2013, 07:40 AM
I saw more spectacular dunks every 30 seconds in the allstar game than the entire dunk contest. Those allstars should have been in the dunk contest.

BALLER R
02-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Some of those superstars aren't dunkers.

Cromedome
02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
HORSE was pretty good. They should do a 1on1 or 2on2 tournament.

The idea of H.o.r.s.e was pretty good until Kevin Durant thought it was a 3 point competition and ruined it.

I like the idea of a 1on1 or 2on2 .... and maybe knockout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKX6jd540ro <--- this is what Horse should have looked like a couple of years ago...not 3 point shot (from normal range) after 3 point shot, which was BORING.

JC_
02-18-2013, 09:30 AM
skills challenge for bigmen. haha. dwight howard would break records and spend 2 hours on the shooting part.

That would be fun to watch lol

JC_
02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
IMO the events are fine. I think they need to update the way they are shown. They should do whatever they can to make each dunk in the dunk contest look absolutely epic on tv (camera angles, effects etc). Other things that can help are videogame-like effects in the other events. Lastly, they should promote the events to hype them up a bit so people are actually excited for certain players, matchups etc.

ambisme56
02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd do 2v2 or 3v3 or a game of 21 with 4 people.

JiffyMix88
02-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I'd do 2v2 or 3v3 or a game of 21 with 4 people.

great idea

ambisme56
02-18-2013, 10:16 AM
There's also a game I play, it's called "42". It is strictly a 3pt competition.

It's you and a teammate vs. 2 others. (so basically 2v2)

1 team starts at a corner 3 and the other team hangs out under the hoop. Each person takes 1 shot from 5 different positions. Same 5 positions as the 3pt contest.

Player A (first shooter) takes a shot from 1 of the corners. If you miss it the other team is allowed to tap the ball back in. To tap, the ball is not allowed to touch the ground and you have to be jumping off the ground (feet are not allowed to touch the ground if you touch the ball) and you’re allowed a maximum of 3 taps. You are allowed to pass it to your teammate, but this count as 1 tap.

Player B (second shooter) now shoots the same corner 3 as Player A and you just work your way around back and forth; a total of 10 shots per team per round (5 for each player).

If team one reaches 42 first, team 2 is allowed to shoot (basically last-licks).

Scoring:
-Each made basket is 3 points.
-Every bank shot is 4 points. If you bank in the last corner shot either you or your teammate you automatically go to 42 points. (This is put into place to give the 2nd team a chance to make 1 last effort to get to 42, if mathematically you can’t get to 42 on a regular shot.) [This shot can be taken at any time (on the last corner 3) and the first team can take this shot also.]
-Air balls are minus 1.
-Taps are 1 point.
-Cycle: This is when you and your teammate hit at least 1 shot from every position. Since these are NBA players this rule should change to, Player A (or Player B) has to make a shot from each position; so 5 shots in a row for 1 person. If this is done, you and your teammate get to go around and shoot again.

Other Rules:
- You are not allowed to go over 42 when you finish a round, just as in 21; if you go over 42 you go back to 21. However say if you have 44 points and you have your last 2 shots left, you can airball these 2 shots and that makes 42.
- Say if your teammate makes in the 2nd to last shot of the round, which gives you 42, you must take the last shot. You don't want to air ball this (air balls are minus 1) and you can't make the shot because that brings you over 42. So you have to hit back or rim without airballing or making it in.

OT: If both teams are tied at 42, then each team is allowed to shoot 1 round, same rules apply with taps, air balls, etc., and whichever team has more points win.

It is a very fun game to play, I’m not sure how well it would be to watch on TV, but it does get very competitive when I play this with my friends. You should definitely try this. If anyone is thinking about playing this and has questions, ask me.

ManRam
02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
A Kobe v LeBron 1-on-1 game so we can watch Kobe make LeBron look like a little ***** again

1-800-STFU
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
1 game with no rules.

No traveling. No out of bounds. No blocking/reaching Nothing. All ****ing out.

Chitownhero1992
02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Keep everything that is in it now, Celebrity game is so awesome and funny to watch its better than All-Star Saturday Night right now since no one good participates...

The only thing I'd take away is the shooting stars thing, you could redo the old legends games have it a short 20 minute game so no one dies though lol also you could think about 1 on 1 competition or redoing the HORSE game they tried to start a few years ago

heattiltheend94
02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
half court knockout?