PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James Really Needs To Be In The Slam Dunk Contest Next Year...

NFLTotalAccess
02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
This guy puts down emphatic dunks! Who else is watching him throw down dunk after dunk in this all star game? He really needs to consider being a participant next year. All dunk contests have been pretty lame since the Vince Carter days.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 10:11 PM
The interesting part is that the dunks weren't even creative. Just him with the ball on a fast break has been the most exciting part. If he participates in the slam dunk contest, it's going to break ratings.

Big Zo
02-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Save the dunk contest, LeBron!

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-17-2013, 10:23 PM
This guy puts down emphatic dunks! Who else is watching him throw down dunk after dunk in this all star game? He really needs to consider being a participant next year. All dunk contests have been pretty lame since the Vince Carter days.

Lebron only has one dunk.

NFLTotalAccess
02-17-2013, 10:25 PM
not to be a d** but actually two. The ally-oop from Melo and the fast break one.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 10:26 PM

So why does everyone complain about wanting to see him dunk and then cry about his one dunk?

NFLTotalAccess
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM

OK a couple dunks tonight, but look at the amount of dunks he has thrown down since being in the league.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Lebron has power, but might not have the creativity.

rocketfuel
02-17-2013, 11:08 PM
Nah. I'm getting sick of these stars being too scared to enter the dunk contest. It makes me think that they don't have what it takes anyway. Jordan, Vince and Dominique were by far the greatest dunkers. Not just great in game dunks, but pure acrobatic "oh my god that's not possible" dunkers.

IndiansFan337
02-17-2013, 11:16 PM
He hasn't been in it by now, and he's not going to all of a sudden do it.

LOOTERX9
02-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Nah. I'm getting sick of these stars being too scared to enter the dunk contest. It makes me think that they don't have what it takes anyway. Jordan, Vince and Dominique were by far the greatest dunkers. Not just great in game dunks, but pure acrobatic "oh my god that's not possible" dunkers.

well there is not many more ways that you can dunk the ball to be honest. everything has been done to death already. Only one remaining to see would be lebron but he is past the point of doing the dunk competition now. he should have did it 5 years ago. but now what's the point? just end the contest and add a 2 on 2 tournament instead

Cal827
02-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Lebron has power, but might not have the creativity.

This.

JJ_JKidd
02-17-2013, 11:43 PM

Smaller players like Spud Webb, or Nate Robinson might also rekindle the SDC. I doubt if Lebron can put some of the creative dunks that leaner players usually do.

Plus, dunk-wise, I dont think theres still a dunk thats left to be done except maybe for:

1. 360 from the free throw line
2. Revers jam from the FT line
3. Between the legs from the FT line.
4. 360, then between the legs.

Deezy3
02-17-2013, 11:51 PM
He'll never do it.

Spiggity_ace
02-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Smaller players like Spud Webb, or Nate Robinson might also rekindle the SDC. I doubt if Lebron can put some of the creative dunks that leaner players usually do.

Plus, dunk-wise, I dont think theres still a dunk thats left to be done except maybe for:

1. 360 from the free throw line
2. Revers jam from the FT line
3. Between the legs from the FT line.
4. 360, then between the legs.

james white has done number 3 but in college

Sadds The Gr8
02-18-2013, 01:19 AM
if he didn't do it at 21, he's not gonna do it at 30...people need to get over it. Should've known he would never do it after he said he would then pussed out a couple years ago.

JJ_JKidd
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
james white has done number 3 but in college

06? He missed that. I rooted for Flight in the Dunk Contest but I think father time has caught up to him. Had he made just one of those free throw dunks during 06, he would have won the thing.

rocketfuel
02-18-2013, 02:09 AM
It's not that every dunk has been done, it's that the dunks we've been seeing just plain suck. Vince, Dominique and Michael can come back and do the very exact dunks and blow this competition out of the water. The fact is these guys are not as acrobatic as the ones we've seen. People laughed at the Birdman, but it's becoming a trend now with guys taking up 6 chances to make one mediocre dunk.

airforceones25
02-18-2013, 02:54 AM
Problem with the dunk contest is modern day fans expect far too much. These guys are attempting some ridiculously hard dunks so it's natural to miss quite a few. People talk as if MJ and Dominique were doing front flips and **** while they dunked. When they were dunking a windmill won you the dunk contest. A simple off the glass regular jam got you a perfect score. A reverse jam got you a freaking 49. If they pulled that **** today you would get laughed out of the gym. I don't blame LeBron for not dunking. I blame the fans for expecting so much of today's players.

DumDum
02-18-2013, 03:16 AM
just let it burn

TheNumber37
02-18-2013, 03:24 AM
LeBron.
Paul George/Gay
Rose

Blake
Iggy
Westbrook

sventhedog
02-18-2013, 03:37 AM
no question about lebron's talent and athleticism needed to win these slam dunk titles, which have greatly regressed since vince carter's time.

the problem with lebron is that, no matter how much he says he doesn't listen to what other people say, he still is very conscious of his image and people's opinion. this is the reason he tries to stay away from comparisons; the reason he probably regrets 'the decision', and definitely what happens if he joined and didn't win the dunk contest.

why else would he and wade be whining about the scrutiny they received. while it is true they have so many detractors, they were most of the time responsible for being criticized any way. just part of how they tried to attract attention.

OaklandsFinest
02-18-2013, 03:40 AM

Maybe everybody has been a little to star struck to remember that Jason Richardson had much better dunks in the contest than what Vince did. But everybody talks about Lebron which I get but how come nobody wants Durant in it. He's a pretty impressive dunker, not quite as powerful but pretty impressive none the less. Plus who says Lebron even has the creativity in his repitoire.

naps
02-18-2013, 03:45 AM
NO he doesn't. Dunk contest has no value. He's doing what's really worth that is winning MVPs and Championships. He needs to keep his focus on that. I would understand if star players were participating. Who is he gonna compete against in Dunk contest? The ones most casual fans struggle to recognize?

rocketfuel
02-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Do we even have anyone in the NBA right now that's capable of Vince Carter level dunks? Vince looked like he could jump out of the gym. NBA tv had all the dunk contests year by year.....and no, the modern dunk contests are way worse. There was a stretch with Dominique and Michael that were great..... and then Vince and some guys JRich were spectacular...and then we have the subpar stuff like last night. Fans don't expect too much. In fact, their expectations are so low right now. They were ready to cheer for even a basic dunk. That was just ugly yesterday.

rocketfuel
02-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Dunk contests have value. It promotes the NBA. Brings excitement to it. It's not just about Lebron's image or championships. Jordan brought the show to the NBA. The excitement. Don't tell me the arena wasn't at the edge of their seat waiting for the duel between Michael and Dominique, the two greatest dunkers at the time facing off. That's the whole point of All Star weekend. When the NBA is forced to put out subpar product due to its players being too cool for school to market the very game that is bringing them millions, a great lifestyle and more women than they have time for, it's just a travesty.

Swift Game
02-18-2013, 04:05 AM
I would love to see Blake and Lebron in the Dunk contest...must see TV..doubt it will happen.

Swift Game
02-18-2013, 04:08 AM
By the way I have seen the 360 between the legs dunk..and 1 mix tape..the guy from Texas...fontaine or something like that..might give Vince Carter a run for his money in his prime.

lakers4sho
02-18-2013, 04:17 AM
It will define his legacy if he didn't join the dunk contest, because he played with 2 franchise players ben wallace and shaq but didn't win rings with either of them. He's gotta save his legacy.