PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez

jkiddvc20
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
Yep a Brook Lopez thread. I want to have a serious discussion without trolling from DMF and certain Knick fans so lets hope we can get that. Going into the season I saw many people saying Lopez is not even a top 15 center in the NBA, I always disagreed with that but to each there own.

Lopez is currently 4th in the league in PER only behind Cp3, Lebron, and Durant. Of course I am not saying that Lopez is on the level of those guys but he is most certainly a deserving all star. His defense has been much better this year and his offense is only improving. He has been far and away the Nets most consistent player this season and has been downright awesome.

So PSDers what are your thoughts on Lopez now that he is gettign ready to play in his first career ASG.

b@llhog24
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I always thought he was a top 7 or 8 C. He's played above that level this season. Hope that he keeps it up. I LOVE skilled players.

netsgiantsyanks
02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
but he can't rebound! that makes him one of the worst players in the nba :rolleyes:

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Lopez in my eyes has always been a top 5-10 C in my eyes. He's strong, solid, and decent footwork, definitely going to keep improving but I don't think he'll ever be the best Center in the league. He solid and there is a lot worse big men big men in the game.

And too be honest, if Bynum was healthy he would be starting Center for the East.

Throw out the Per talk Bs. It's comical to me at times. There is soo much to take in account for in the game. Getting to the line on every call is just gonna boost your FG% and make you look better.

GREATNESS ONE
Lopez in my eyes had always been a top 5-10 C in my eyes. He's strong, solid, and decer footwork, definitely going to keep inproving but I don't think he'll ever be the best Center in the league. He solid and there is a lot worse big men big men in the game.

And too be honest, if Bynum was healthy he would be starting Center for the East.

Throw out the Per talk Bs. It's comical to me at times. There is soo much to take in account fpr in the game. Getting to the line on every call is just gonna boost your FG% and make you look better.

ManRam
I always said that I think the real Brook Lopez was the guy we saw his first two years, not the guy we saw the last two, mainly in terms of rebounding. We all knew he would be a really good offensive player when healthy. I didn't want him for Dwight because of his contract, not because I thought he was terrible. I wanted a true rebuild like we got, not a shot at the playoffs.

But I never thought he'd be playing this well. Knew he was a really good offensive player, but he's been great.

I don't think this is a fluke at all, and hopefully he can stay healthy.

Glad he made the ASG. He shouldn't have had to wait for an injury to get in originally either.

Also, I think very few people thought he wasn't even a top 15 center. Even with his injuries and decreasing rebounding numbers, he never was that bad.

Metsboi69
02-17-2013, 09:18 PM
It's certainly debatable but I think he's the best offensive center in basketball. Defensively is where he has made his biggest improvement though this year, his P&R defense still needs to be worked on, but is certainly a top 5 Center.

DallasTrilla23
02-17-2013, 09:20 PM
He might be top 5

DoMeFavors
02-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Very good player, needs to develop a 3 point game that would be awesome

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
^ more like strengthen his defense and post game needs more work but he's getting better and definitely hasn't hit his peak yet.

akesh99
02-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Has crept into the top 5 IMO. Dwight, Bynum, Gasol, Brook, Chandler are my top 5.

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Has crept into the top 5 IMO. Dwight, Bynum, Gasol, Brook, Chandler are my top 5.

Pretty much and 5-7 on my list.

Avenged
02-17-2013, 09:32 PM
top 3 center this season.

DoMeFavors
02-17-2013, 10:29 PM
^ more like strengthen his defense and post game needs more work but he's getting better and definitely hasn't hit his peak yet.

His postgame is fine

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Yea it's fine but too be a truly outstanding big it needs to dominant. Just saying he can improve it, not knocking it.

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 10:45 PM
top 3 center this season.

Pretty much and unfortunately even better than Dwight this year too.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Brook better than Dwight..?

netsgiantsyanks
02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Brook better than Dwight..?

this season, yeah.

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
This year, yes.

Punk
02-18-2013, 01:34 AM
Best Center in Basketball this year and this is coming from someone who used to blast him. His efficiency numbers on offense and defense is elite, It's a damn shame he isn't treated like it.

He just needs to really make that outside jumper consistent.

More-Than-Most
02-18-2013, 01:54 AM
really great season and a top 2 center this year... That being said Bynum/Howard are still much much better and one year does not change this... I use a 3 year window but if he is this great next year and Bynum cant get healthy on whatever team he is on and Howard does not perform then we will talk. Until then he is not better than they are

DrDre94
02-18-2013, 01:56 AM
Not a big fan of him, but I have to admit he is definitely a top 5 center in the NBA. He's got a few good moves down low and, from what I've seen, has a pretty good mid range shot. Like others have said, his D needs to keep improving.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-18-2013, 02:15 AM
I'll be marked as Bias but hes a lock top 3 center right now. He has been very efficient this year and his defense is actually borderline intimating. Scary part is, he's only 24 and if he continues to stay healthy, I don't see where his game is going to fall off. I think he could be a poor mans Duncan throughout his career.

knicks=love
02-18-2013, 02:20 AM
did the OP really expect this thread to not have trolling in it? or DMF post something ridiculous..

Ebbs
02-18-2013, 02:21 AM
Arguably the best C in the league this season he's fantastic

NJBASEBALL22
02-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Arguably the best C in the league this season he's fantastic

This... but normally 3rd or 4th C in the league.

He might have the best offensive game for a big man right now. His D is improving, on-ball post and help-side shot blocking. His rebounding at 7.5 is fine for this team with tough rebounding PFs in Hump, Evans and wings in Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson. It is a solid rebounding team all around with D. Will at PG too.

HYFR
02-18-2013, 03:03 AM
He's been extremely solid for them this year. Def a top 5 center. To be honest tho I don't see him staying healthy throughout his career. I hope I'm wrong

Oldmantrash
02-18-2013, 03:47 AM
As a Nets fan, there is only one center in the league I would trade Lopez for, Howard.
If the sixers offered Bynum straight up, I would laugh in their face.

HYFR
02-18-2013, 04:19 AM
If healthy Bynum is the better player but I can see why you wouldn't trade your big man

Guppyfighter
02-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Big down season for centers this year.

Bynum has been out, Bogut has been out, Dwight has been playing hurt.

ThaDubs
02-18-2013, 04:27 AM
Lopez in my eyes has always been a top 5-10 C in my eyes. He's strong, solid, and decent footwork, definitely going to keep improving but I don't think he'll ever be the best Center in the league. He solid and there is a lot worse big men big men in the game.

Throw out the Per talk Bs. It's comical to me at times. There is soo much to take in account for in the game. Getting to the line on every call is just gonna boost your FG% and make you look better.

Free throws boost your FG%? :confused:

Freyakazoide
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
In my eyes he's the best offensive C in the league. The defensive side isnt up there yet, but this years he is playing an above average defense. So, well, best C in the league this season, top 5 when comparing the last 3 seasons.

netsgiantsyanks
02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
i pray that he stays healthy his whole career. :pray:

Chill_Will_24
02-19-2013, 01:27 AM
I think M.Gasol is a better player on both sides of the ball but Lopez has impressed this year

uprightciti
02-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Personally I think Lopez is a Duncan Bargnani hybrid 7 footer with an outside shot great post skills can rebound but some times is way to slow and disappears. A beta player.

jerellh528
02-19-2013, 06:03 AM
nets forum

Chill_Will_24
02-19-2013, 03:04 PM
nets forum

Jealous? stfu and don't click the thread moron

netsgiantsyanks
02-19-2013, 03:25 PM
nets forum

you mad?

Silent
02-19-2013, 03:55 PM
He needs to add more strength and work on his defense and rebounding he does that top 3 center easily

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Down year for bigs helps his cause, but he has been a top 3 center this year for me. Very skilled scorer, his rebound rate is moving near acceptable for a center, and his defense, while not Dwight-ish from years past, is better than people give him credit for. He is at least average on that end, and the Nets are better on both sides of the floor with him playing.

SOS
02-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Depends on what you are looking for in a center. In my opinion he is a top 5 C but some teams prefer their center to be better post defenders and rebounders. If you are looking for strictly a scoring big man there aren't many better at that in the NBA today.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Most skilled offensive center in the NBA, maybe second behind Duncan.

Dont like the Nets, but I'm a fan of Brook

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Solid center but never been a big fan. Defensively and on the boards he's pretty soft. Nice touch around the basket though.

Even though he's having a down year I'd take Hibbert over him. Easily take Marc Gasol over him.

JEDean89
02-19-2013, 07:19 PM
dunno why people keep saying there are no centers in the nba anymore.
lopez
bynum
dwight
chandler
noah
hibbert
gasol
bogut
Monroe
Drummond
Cousins
Horford
Gortat
Vucevic
Duncan

then you have some young guys that can still turn into promising centers like Valanciunas, Zeller, McGee, Koufus, Asik + like 5 centers in the upcoming draft that can be good nba players. I don't ever seem to remember a time when more than 1/2 of the league had really good centers. I know that it's not quite as top heavy as the early 90's and that guys like Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem would dominate in this league but still, i would say that C is deeper than SG and just as deep as SF.

lopez is right at the top and would be top 3 if he would rebound better. he is the one true star on the nets and will have to guide them in the playoffs. if he can show the nba that he is a true leader than he can start talking about being the best center in the league.

maddBat
02-19-2013, 07:54 PM
glad blo is finally gettin the respect hes due. b4 the season started people would LOL! saying he isnt even top 10.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
dunno why people keep saying there are no centers in the nba anymore.
lopez
bynum
dwight
chandler
noah
hibbert
gasol
bogut
Monroe
Drummond
Cousins
Horford
Gortat
Vucevic
Duncan

then you have some young guys that can still turn into promising centers like Valanciunas, Zeller, McGee, Koufus, Asik + like 5 centers in the upcoming draft that can be good nba players. I don't ever seem to remember a time when more than 1/2 of the league had really good centers. I know that it's not quite as top heavy as the early 90's and that guys like Ewing, Robinson, Hakeem would dominate in this league but still, i would say that C is deeper than SG and just as deep as SF.

lopez is right at the top and would be top 3 if he would rebound better. he is the one true star on the nets and will have to guide them in the playoffs. if he can show the nba that he is a true leader than he can start talking about being the best center in the league.

you missed Pekovic. But the point is, the quality of centers today is nothing compared to the days of old.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Solid center but never been a big fan. Defensively and on the boards he's pretty soft. Nice touch around the basket though.

Even though he's having a down year I'd take Hibbert over him. Easily take Marc Gasol over him.

Hibbert....

Roy...Hibbert?

Jesus Christ.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 07:58 PM

Gasol? Yes. Hibbert? Hell no. Not this season, he has been atrocious offensively. He is actually a complete liability on that end.

JOhnnyTHaJet
02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Gasol? Yes. Hibbert? Hell no. Not this season, he has been atrocious offensively. He is actually a complete liability on that end.

I don't think Gasol is that drastically better than Brook to be honest. I'd say they're about even.

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't think Gasol is that drastically better than Brook to be honest. I'd say they're about even.

I personally would take Marc. Better defender by a mile, and if given a situation where he gets the looks Lopez does, is just as efficient offensively. But its not like I wouldn't understand why someone may prefer Lopez depending on the situation or team structure.

DR_1
02-19-2013, 08:52 PM
You can tell he put in the work. Last year he wasn't deserving of a very high spot. This year he is playing very well, and is definitely around the 7-8 range (haven't had the chance to rank the centers yet this year). That being said, he is definitely not an elite player, but he is much better than he was.

waveycrockett
02-19-2013, 08:59 PM
While everyone is playing Nice I'd like to give Kudos to Noah this year. Last season he looked very mediocre. He has taken his offense to the next level imo and looks way more athletic and stronger this year. I also see Pek becoming a perennial allstar if he works on his rebounding and defense similar to Brook. Pek should be a much better shot blocker then he is.

DoMeFavors
02-19-2013, 09:07 PM
I hibbert shooting over 30% yet?

DR_1
02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Hibbert is shooting terribly still, around 40% still I think

Tony_Starks
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM

Offensively Hibbert has fell off the cliff but he's a better rebounder/ defender and has proven he's legit in the playoffs. Just like Gasol.

I guess I'm biased against Lopez because I've yet to see him play in a game that really "matters."

He's having a nice season though.....

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Offensively Hibbert has fell off the cliff but he's a better rebounder/ defender and has proven he's legit in the playoffs. Just like Gasol.

I guess I'm biased against Lopez because I've yet to see him play in a game that really "matters."

He's having a nice season though.....

Hibbert has just been so bad dude, this season, there is absolutely no comparison. Will that change in the future? Perhaps.

Guppyfighter
02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Hibbert has just been so bad dude, this season, there is absolutely no comparison. Will that change in the future? Perhaps.

He has been the best defensive player on the best defensive team, but the worst offensive player on the worst offensive team. Doesn't happen often.

MaloDaw9
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
as a Laker fan i would take Lopez over Howard at this point.. Lopez seems like a fighter and hard worker..Howard isn't

Hawkeye15
02-19-2013, 09:54 PM
He has been the best defensive player on the best defensive team, but the worst offensive player on the worst offensive team. Doesn't happen often.

I just looked up your claim. Wow haha, that does not happen often.

RLundi
02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Best C in the league this year. But next year I expect bounce-back years from Dwight and Bynum, so def top 3 for Lopez.