PDA

View Full Version : Dunk Contest the new Pro Bowl

tr3ymill3r
02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Relatively lack luster performance last night all around. Some fanboys have blamed Houston for a poor performance, I laugh at that. Get these guys to participate or take it out.

NoahH
02-17-2013, 01:03 PM
It was alright, a couple decent dunks but alot of disappointment. I CALLED that Vince Carter tribute btw.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
It's Houston's fault from the beginning. Half the arena wasn't seated and the fans don't even cheer for anyone.

todu82
02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
The Dunk contest always features no name talent anyway. No wonder the fans don't get excited for it.

mjt20mik
02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm in the middle. Most of the events have been fairly quiet. The most cheering I've heard from HOU was for Parsons to dunk in the rookie/soph game.

Speaking of the dunk comp, lots of misses got the crowd out of it. If Flight had to be on point with his dunks, the crowd would have gone off.

JNoel
02-17-2013, 01:59 PM
How the hell is it Houston fan's fault like some of you are saying? Would you pay a heap sum of hard-earned money just for this piss poor excuse for an all-star event? I sure as hell wouldn't.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:02 PM
How the hell is it Houston fan's fault like some of you are saying? Would you pay a heap sum of hard-earned money just for this piss poor excuse for an all-star event? I sure as hell wouldn't.

They didn't even show up until the dunk contest.. I mean c'mon. I know they paid for it and all but they have no passion for the game. CP3 and Wade were introduced and I heard crickets. Let's hope tonight they get off their seats.

ManRam
02-17-2013, 02:05 PM
The NBA needs to put money up for charity if certain stars do it. Guilt trip them into it. They can afford it, and it would be worth the money in the long run.

"LeBron, we'll give $5,000,000 to a charity of your choice if you win the dunk contest. Same for you, Russell."

JNoel
02-17-2013, 02:07 PM
They didn't even show up until the dunk contest.. I mean c'mon. I know they paid for it and all but they have no passion for the game. CP3 and Wade were introduced and I heard crickets. Let's hope tonight they get off their seats.

You didn't answer the question tho, would you pay money to witness the BS that was barely watchable on my tv let alone see it live? Anyways I'm sure there's going to be a better turnout for tonight, allstar games always end the weekend on a good note.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
The NBA needs to put money up for charity if certain stars do it. Guilt trip them into it. They can afford it, and it would be worth the money in the long run.

"LeBron, we'll give $5,000,000 to a charity of your choice if you win the dunk contest. Same for you, Russell."

It's not just the stars in it. NBA needs to reinvent the entire event and add some twist so it.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:11 PM
You didn't answer the question tho, would you pay money to witness the BS that was barely watchable on my tv let alone see it live? Anyways I'm sure there's going to be a better turnout for tonight, allstar games always end the weekend on a good note.

How didn't I answer it? You just answered your own question because I didn't pay money to watch it. The other people that did spend their money and that's their fault. NBA doesn't force people to pay for their tickets but what's the point of paying for them and only showing up for the dunk contest?

JNoel
02-17-2013, 02:17 PM
How didn't I answer it? You just answered your own question because I didn't pay money to watch it. The other people that did spend their money and that's their fault. NBA doesn't force people to pay for their tickets but what's the point of paying for them and only showing up for the dunk contest?

http://troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/wtf-are-you-even-talking-about.jpg

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:19 PM
http://troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/wtf-are-you-even-talking-about.jpg

You asked me if I would pay for it and I didn't, which defeats the whole purpose of your question. Sorry your brain can't handle the simplest of words. If the fans pay for the event knowing that no huge names were performing, they should've stayed home and watched it on TV. They paid for it and then want to complain? Whose fault is that?

Tmath
02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
What makes anyone think the stars are going to be able to do anything better? This event gives other guys a chance to get into the spotlight. There were some nice dunks, not sure what people are expecting? these guys are human after all.

The crowd ruined for me.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
i said it before. Doesn't have to be stars...just recognizable faces that get playing time and are actually on highlights every week. Iggy and Josh weren't stars when they competed...they were up and coming players, but were still good players.

JNoel
02-17-2013, 02:44 PM
You asked me if I would pay for it and I didn't, which defeats the whole purpose of your question. Sorry your brain can't handle the simplest of words. If the fans pay for the event knowing that no huge names were performing, they should've stayed home and watched it on TV. They paid for it and then want to complain? Whose fault is that?

I just asked you a simple question and you obviously can't comprehend/trying to change the subject. You're just backing down because you know that you wouldn't pay to go see the events yesterday, why would it be any different for the Houston Fans?

ManRam
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
It doesn't need stars, but that's gonna help big time. Don't act like a dunk contest with LeBron in it wouldn't be the most watched dunk contest in forever.

The thing itself is flawed. How they manage the time these guys get is just terrible. The lulls are just too long and too frequent.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:48 PM
i said it before. Doesn't have to be stars...just recognizable faces that get playing time and are actually on highlights every week. Iggy and Josh weren't stars when they competed...they were up and coming players, but were still good players.

Iggy and Josh are practically stars though. Certainly they would be better than Evans, James White, etc. Iggy, DeMar, Wall, Rudy Gay, Blake, LeBron, Westbrook. Either one of those would be exciting to say the least.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2013, 02:50 PM
It doesn't need stars, but that's gonna help big time. Don't act like a dunk contest with LeBron in it wouldn't be the most watched dunk contest in forever.

The thing itself is flawed. How they manage the time these guys get is just terrible. The lulls are just too long and too frequent.
I was saying to my friends if you had Lebron in the contest doing the SAME EXACT dunks that Evans did vs Ross in the finals, he would've slapped Ross by like 60%. It's a popularity contest at this point

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:51 PM
I just asked you a simple question and you obviously can't comprehend/trying to change the subject. You're just backing down because you know that you wouldn't pay to go see the events yesterday, why would it be any different for the Houston Fans?

Read your question. I said I didn't pay for it because I knew it wasn't worth it. Heck, I barely even watched it. Do you understand? Need a copy of Rosetta Stone? You make no sense. The participants for the events were named a long time ago. No one forced Houston fans to pay for it. They paid for it and they got what they got. If LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, and Iggy were participating, obviously it's worth spending money on. I watched it at TV and it was boring, what makes you think I would've spent money to watch it? It was clearly going to be a trashy event.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Iggy and Josh are practically stars though. Certainly they would be better than Evans, James White, etc. Iggy, DeMar, Wall, Rudy Gay, Blake, LeBron, Westbrook. Either one of those would be exciting to say the least.
when those guys did it they werent stars at all. they were solid but not stars yet

mdm692
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
This isn't like the probowl because you can actually see stars play in the probowl even if they don't try.

JNoel
02-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Read your question. I said I didn't pay for it because I knew it wasn't worth it. Heck, I barely even watched it. Do you understand? Need a copy of Rosetta Stone? You make no sense. The participants for the events were named a long time ago. No one forced Houston fans to pay for it. They paid for it and they got what they got. If LeBron James, Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, and Iggy were participating, obviously it's worth spending money on. I watched it at TV and it was boring, what makes you think I would've spent money to watch it? It was clearly going to be a trashy event.

:laugh2: so would you pay for it if you had the chance to go yes or no?

JNoel
02-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Also is Andre Drummond Heat-bound? You mentioned Lebron and Wade recruiting him?

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 03:03 PM
when those guys did it they werent stars at all. they were solid but not stars yet

I thought you were talking about the present. But, Blake was a star already. It's all about the superstar. Some no name like Jeremy Evans could do a 720 between the legs and still lose to LeBron because no one cares about Jeremy Evans.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 03:05 PM
:laugh2: so would you pay for it if you had the chance to go yes or no?

Stop changing the question now. I did have a chance to go because I have the money. Will I spend it for an event watching no names participate? No. If it was LeBron and top name stars competing, I may actually do it. I don't live in Houston but watching that event, I'm glad I don't.

And what's this nonsense with Drummond? Stop being off topic. I wasn't being serious in that post and was trying to get an insight on whether or not Drummond has a chance playing for the Heat. Must be you trying to bring some pointless topic because you failed to prove your point.

JNoel
02-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Stop changing the question now. I did have a chance to go because I have the money. Will I spend it for an event watching no names participate? No. If it was LeBron and top name stars competing, I may actually do it. I don't live in Houston but watching that event, I'm glad I don't.

And what's this nonsense with Drummond? Stop being off topic. I wasn't being serious in that post and was trying to get an insight on whether or not Drummond has a chance playing for the Heat. Must be you trying to bring some pointless topic because you failed to prove your point.

Thank you for answering my question, it only took 6 posts from you :clap:

My point was proved, I did the people of Houston who did not attend the game justice yesterday :clap:

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Thank you for answering my question, it only took 6 posts from you :clap:

My point was proved, I did the people of Houston who did not attend the game justice yesterday :clap:

I answered your question on the first post in which I stated no, I did not attend the event because I knew it was going to suck.

With that being said, we can both agree the event sucks.

bahama0811
02-17-2013, 05:46 PM
I think it's just lost its luster. It is just so boring. There were a few good dunks but nothing that I will remember next week.

KnicksorBust
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
It really is two simple problems:

1. No name competitors
2. Too many missed dunks

Not much you can do about either. I actually don't care that LeBron doesn't do the dunk contest. He'd have to jump over 2 cars just to get people hyped. Anything else would be a "let down."

RLundi
02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
I didn't even watch.