PDA

View Full Version : Will it Hurt Howard if he leave LA or is traded away?

ldawg
02-17-2013, 10:59 AM
If Howard is traded or leave from La will that hurt Howard even more? If Nash is piss with you as a teammate you have to be bad. Will it be a hit on Howard that he is not the winning type, Is the stage in La to big for Howard or is he just not good enough and he is exposed and cant be your best player on a championship team? Its not like it only happened once its the second time he is not liking his coaches use of him. Howard want the ball in the post but when he gets it he does nothing with it, He either get strip or drop it out of bound proven Shaq right. Howard was mad at Stan for the way he used him the same way mike think he is best used. Howard dont know his weakness and dont want to play to his strength. Stan knew Howard posting in traffic in a slower pace or with the ball late in the game did not give them the best shot at winning. How can Howard argue that the way he turn the ball over and his dreadful free throw shooting? If the problem follow you then guess what, Its you. This is the same Howard from last season except less athletic. A sample at an older Howard without the fundamentals needed to play at a high level as one gets older. When he goes to a third team and they use him in a similar fashion again is he going to pout? Howard is selfish and its all about Howard after all its his career and who cares if that selfishness destroy his teams when he is their leader? Dude is a diva and need his ego stroke. He likes to have fun pick his coach and teammates even if it mean loosing and sulk like a b when he dont get his way even if he is wrong. He is right he do have that right but is it the right thing to do? It has became clear Howard dont like commitment and aways looking over the fence. People like that is never happy and look for happiness in the wrong places. I would bet Howard have trouble with women or when he goes shopping cant make up his mind on what to get. Can you picture him getting married cant make up his mind and call off the wedding at the alter because he is not sure?

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Massively.

waveycrockett
02-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Howard isn't always "looking over the fence". We all know what his top choice has always been. The Lakers just had too much pride to admit it wasn't LA. Now they are stuck dealing with him.

detzfish
02-17-2013, 11:09 AM
It's a damn shame how far he has fallen in eyes of fans across the league. 2 years ago he is one of the players u would trade just about anyone for and now his value IMO is very low and he is considered across the league as a cancer to his team.

ldawg
02-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Howard isn't always "looking over the fence". We all know what his top choice has always been. The Lakers just had too much pride to admit it wasn't LA. Now they are stuck dealing with him.I would agree with you but if he really wanted to go to Nets he would not have waive his right as a free agent last season. That would have ensure his path to the Nets. I am not sold that is what he wanted makes no sense. Why as you knew you were going there you opted in?

Metsboi69
02-17-2013, 11:43 AM
I would agree with you but if he really wanted to go to Nets he would not have waive his right as a free agent last season. That would have ensure his path to the Nets. I am not sold that is what he wanted makes no sense. Why as you knew you were going there you opted in?

If you remember last year the Magic were playing great at the deadline, and there was a lot of pressure for him to stick around. One of Dwight's characteristics that's is so frustrating is he cares to much what people think of him, so he agreed to waive the ETO with teh understanding that the Magic would trade him in the offseason to the Nets. This again is Howards perspective, and I'm sure the Magic FO have a different understanding.

jimm120
02-17-2013, 12:09 PM
End of the day, I look at it like this:

Howard didn't choose the Lakers. The Lakers chose him.

So if he ends up leaving, it really wasn't on him to stay. Lakers traded for him in hopes of getting him to re-sign. He never said he'd re-sign if traded to the Lakers.

So if he ends up leaving, I don't blame him. The "blame" is on the Lakers cause they hoped he'd stay and took a chance.

JOSKOMANG4
02-17-2013, 12:42 PM
hurts the lakers imo. howard's trade value has dropped tremendously.

A_Bynum_sucks
02-17-2013, 12:55 PM
It's a damn shame how far he has fallen in eyes of fans across the league. 2 years ago he is one of the players u would trade just about anyone for and now his value IMO is very low and he is considered across the league as a cancer to his team.

You wanna explain to me how Dwight Howard is considered a Cancer to the Lakers ?...and to the rest of the league ? Howard has never been anything but a CREDIT to his team in Orlando, to the league, and it's fans.
You obviously must have been thinking about Andrew Bynum. Now THAT'S a Cancerous A-Hole of a player who cares nothing for his team(s)...and has never ever proved he is even a MARGINAL NBA player.

But Dwight Howard....A Cancer. What you been smoking fool!!!

KingPosey
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
You wanna explain to me how Dwight Howard is considered a Cancer to the Lakers ?...and to the rest of the league ? Howard has never been anything but a CREDIT to his team in Orlando, to the league, and it's fans.
You obviously must have been thinking about Andrew Bynum. Now THAT'S a Cancerous A-Hole of a player who cares nothing for his team(s)...and has never ever proved he is even a MARGINAL NBA player.

But Dwight Howard....A Cancer. What you been smoking fool!!!

He was ridiculous the last 2 years in Orlando. Do you own a tv?

shep33
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
My biggest issue with him leaving is this. He always mentions how he's 70% this year (and he looks like it) while preaching "patience" with a roster like this.

To me at least he hasn't given this thing a real attempt. If he leaves LA he isn't going to a championship with any of the teams out there. In basically a year and half when Kobe retires, he becomes the face of LA, not just the Lakers.

If he leaves he's going to be hated by a everyone in LA and good chunk of California.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
My biggest issue with him leaving is this. He always mentions how he's 70% this year (and he looks like it) while preaching "patience" with a roster like this.

To me at least he hasn't given this thing a real attempt. If he leaves LA he isn't going to a championship with any of the teams out there. In basically a year and half when Kobe retires, he becomes the face of LA, not just the Lakers.

If he leaves he's going to be hated by a everyone in LA and good chunk of California.

But let's be honest... People are just hating on him because they want Kobe to win another ring so bad. It's NOT Howard's fault they signed him knowing Howard wasn't 100%. What do you expect Howard to do? He didn't choose LAL, why should he further injure himself so he can "help" kobe win another ring?

A_Bynum_sucks
02-17-2013, 01:11 PM
He was ridiculous the last 2 years in Orlando. Do you own a tv?

Ridiculous how ? Show me ONE article that says Howard was considered a Cancer while in Orlando ? Show me ONE TIME where he was fined by the league, or suspended...like Bynum, who has been fined and suspended SEVERAL TIMES by the League, and was not huddling with the team during time outs last season.

And you say Howard, a guy who is MORE hurt then Bynum is, and is at BEST maybe 70 %...is leading the league in Rebounding, and Interior Defense. And HE is a Cancer ?

Dude seriously...Grow a freaking Brain!!! :facepalm:

shep33
02-17-2013, 01:20 PM
But let's be honest... People are just hating on him because they want Kobe to win another ring so bad. It's NOT Howard's fault they signed him knowing Howard wasn't 100%. What do you expect Howard to do? He didn't choose LAL, why should he further injure himself so he can "help" kobe win another ring?

I disagree, at least in my case. I just want our franchise to win, as do a majority of Laker fans. If we hypothetically got rid of Kobe and Dwight lead us to a championship, I would be so excited for what the future would hold.

I hope Dwight stays, but he's been contradicting himself throughout this entire season with the comments he's made. Some nights he does look like he quits in spurts. Which he's done before in Orlando.

Either way, I hope he comes back next year, but if he leaves he'll be hated by a majority of California whether he likes it or not.

Dade County
02-17-2013, 01:26 PM

smh... I am almost afraid to ask why.

He owes Laker fans noting! Please don't tell me people are going to start hating another NBA players because they are exercise their rights as a free agent.

To the OP question, will it hurt Howard.

Only way it can hurt Howard is financial, if he wants to go to a team that has a great chance at winning a title, he will have to take a pay cut.

Their are other teams out their that can get rid of players and sign Howard to somewhat of a max deal. If Howard wants to win a ring or two, he knows what to do, ( pay cut at the beginning ).

And to Laker fans, some of you are asking him to waste 2 to 3 years of his carrier to be the face of the Lakers, then possible contending for a ring when the Lakers have that money to spend... Why does Howard owe the Lakers and Laker fans this sacrifice??!??!!!!??!!!!!!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?

ThunderousDemon
02-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I disagree, at least in my case. I just want our franchise to win, as do a majority of Laker fans. If we hypothetically got rid of Kobe and Dwight lead us to a championship, I would be so excited for what the future would hold.

I hope Dwight stays, but he's been contradicting himself throughout this entire season with the comments he's made. Some nights he does look like he quits in spurts. Which he's done before in Orlando.

Either way, I hope he comes back next year, but if he leaves he'll be hated by a majority of California whether he likes it or not.

This^

ThunderousDemon
02-17-2013, 01:38 PM
double post

shep33
02-17-2013, 01:43 PM

He owes Laker fan noting! Please don't tell me people are going to start hating another NBA players because they are exercise their rights as a free agent.

Only way it can hurt Howard is financial, if he wants to go to a team that has a great chance at winning a title, he will have to take a pay cut.

Their are other teams out their that can get rid of players and sign Howard to somewhat of a max deal. If Howard wants to win a ring or two, he knows what to do, ( pay cut at the beginning ).

And to Laker fans, some of you are asking him to waste 2 to 3 years of his carrier to be the face of the Lakers, then possible contending for a ring when the Lakers have that money to spend... Why does Howard owe the Lakers and Laker fans this sacrifice??!??!!!!??!!!!!!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!?

He doesn't owe us anything, but that's not what I'm implying. He leaves and people will give him heck, you know that's the reality of what's going to happen. If any star player gets traded to a big market, after wanting to go to a big market, then decides to leave.... you think the fans are going to forgive him?

Doesn't matter of what he "owes" Laker fans, that's just the nature of sports and we all know this. I won't hate him if he leaves, not at all, I'll be disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. We still have Sacre

Hawkeye15
02-17-2013, 01:46 PM

He will be hated anyways. He doesn't have the mental makeup to be a superstar in LA, he has proven that over the past 1.5 years.

shep33
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Will it hurt Howard? Yes financially and in his popularity... again.

I know he's been hated by a lot of people already, but if he leaves LA it's going to only increase, whether it's fair or not, and I can't believe some people are actually denying this.

I actually am starting to feel sorry for Howard. His popularity is going to take another nose dive, and the only way out is to win championships. I can't see any of the possible teams he goes to winning a title with him as the center piece and his health still in question.

Dallas, ATL, Houston, are still not going to get past OKC and Miami.

shep33
02-17-2013, 01:53 PM
He will be hated anyways. He doesn't have the mental makeup to be a superstar in LA, he has proven that over the past 1.5 years.

I actually agree. I like Howard as a player, I hope he stays, but I don't know if he can handle this pressure like Shaq and Kobe have done in the past. The pressure actually made those two better in my opinion, but it seems to do the opposite on Howard. Which is fine, I mean some people aren't made for that type of spot light, and maybe he has serious issues with pressure like this.

What gets me, is that he wanted to go to New York city to play basketball. The press there has been destroying Deron for his sub-par play, and with Howard it's fair to say that it's questionable that BKLN would be better minus Lopez, Hump and Brooks/Wallace (plus any draft picks in the near future) at least for this year.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 01:54 PM
I disagree. Howard+Harden can be dominant. With Parsons, Delfino, it's not bad. Howard isn't even 100% anyways.

Losoway
02-17-2013, 01:58 PM
its not howard fault at all. HE SAID IT IN 24028048284280 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES HE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY FOR NETS OR COULD SEE HIMSELF IN HOUSTON .

the lakers let they pride about everyone wanting to be a laker bull crap get to there head. he does not want to play with kobe . kobe is one of my fav scorers but a terrible teammate im sorry . watch when dwight gets on another team. i know he is going to kill. he is still the number 1 rebounder this season and he isnt even playing close to 75 percent of the magic howard we know

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8753097/andrew-bynum-philadelphia-76ers-says-kobe-bryant-stunted-development-los-angeles-lakers

Kobe even admitted he's a bad teammate basically.

shep33
02-17-2013, 02:02 PM
I disagree. Howard+Harden can be dominant. With Parsons, Delfino, it's not bad. Howard isn't even 100% anyways.

That's another thing. Will he ever be the Dwight of Orlando again? Also remember he's playing in a conference with more dominant big men (PF's and Centers).

Then on top of this, Lin + Harden need the ball a lot. Both like to go P&R which Harden in particular is great at. Problem is, Dwight has publicly stated that he hates P&R, and basically wants the ball dumped down to him in the post.

Harden + Nash in the backcourt is also equivalent to Kobe and Nash in terms of defense. Houston is the worst defensive team in the NBA, yet has one of the better defensive centers. Their perimeter defenders are god awful (much like the Lakers).

That being said, going long-term, Houston does make the most sense. They'll have to adapt to what Dwight wants though, otherwise he's just going to complain like he's been doing here.

Houston in reality, should be his only option if Dwight leaves LA.

shep33
02-17-2013, 02:04 PM
its not howard fault at all. HE SAID IT IN 24028048284280 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES HE WOULD LIKE TO PLAY FOR NETS OR COULD SEE HIMSELF IN HOUSTON .

the lakers let they pride about everyone wanting to be a laker bull crap get to there head. he does not want to play with kobe . kobe is one of my fav scorers but a terrible teammate im sorry . watch when dwight gets on another team. i know he is going to kill. he is still the number 1 rebounder this season and he isnt even playing close to 75 percent of the magic howard we know

He also said that about LA, which people seem to forget... both before and after getting traded here.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:05 PM
That's another thing. Will he ever be the Dwight of Orlando again? Also remember he's playing in a conference with more dominant big men (PF's and Centers).

Then on top of this, Lin + Harden need the ball a lot. Both like to go P&R which Harden in particular is great at. Problem is, Dwight has publicly stated that he hates P&R, and basically wants the ball dumped down to him in the post.

Harden + Nash in the backcourt is also equivalent to Kobe and Nash in terms of defense. Houston is the worst defensive team in the NBA, yet has one of the better defensive centers. Their perimeter defenders are god awful (much like the Lakers).

That being said, going long-term, Houston does make the most sense. They'll have to adapt to what Dwight wants though, otherwise he's just going to complain like he's been doing here.

Houston in reality, should be his only option if Dwight leaves LA.

I agree but Dwight is clearly leaving LAL if they don't make it deep into the playoffs. I do think playing under Kobe really damaged Dwight mentally and physically. He was the guy his entire career and now he has to play second or even third option. Doesn't make any sense to me. If they wanted someone to just rebound and block shots, why not just go after a cheaper option and spend the money on a bench?

jimm120
02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
He doesn't owe us anything, but that's not what I'm implying. He leaves and people will give him heck, you know that's the reality of what's going to happen. If any star player gets traded to a big market, after wanting to go to a big market, then decides to leave.... you think the fans are going to forgive him?

Doesn't matter of what he "owes" Laker fans, that's just the nature of sports and we all know this. I won't hate him if he leaves, not at all, I'll be disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. We still have Sacre

see...and that's the problem right there. He never wanted to go to LA. It was reported billions of times that its Brooklyn. LA was never much in the running. LA took a chance. They said, "hey, we're big time and we win championships. He'll stay. We'll get him to stay". But Dwight never said anything about going to LA. One of the reasons why the Lakers never traded for Dwight was cause he never gave them a guarantee.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Teague and Josh Smith for Howard and Nash. Sounds good in my books

Dade County
02-17-2013, 02:25 PM

But he didn't get traded to where he wanted to go (NETS!)

Yes Orlando kept their back door promise and sent him to a big market (for noting in return)... but that wasn't the deal, they promised him Brooklyn, but instead they gave him headache jellybean bryant.

But yes you are correct, this is sports and fans will get upset at Howard if he leaves L.A.

shep33
02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Okay, I'm pretty sure that a few weeks before getting traded to LA this summer, Dwight said he'd be willing to go to LA.

Even in interviews after getting traded, he said he was happy to be in one of the two places he wanted to go. I'll find the article and the interviews if you guys really want me to

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Okay, I'm pretty sure that a few weeks before getting traded to LA this summer, Dwight said he'd be willing to go to LA.

Even in interviews after getting traded, he said he was happy to be in one of the two places he wanted to go. I'll find the article and the interviews if you guys really want me to

He had no choice.. It was better than playing in Orlando. He stated he wanted to play for BKN Nets the entire time. He said he was okay with it but clearly not his primary choice.

ldawg
02-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Brooklyn is over with Its all BS. If he wanted to go to Brooklyn why did he opt in? It makes no sense. The only reason he did not like La was he did not want to seem he was in Shaqs shadow. La was on his short list and he took himself out of the hunt to Brooklyn. Williams even got mad when he opt in so did the owner. I could be wrong its just my opinion but i think Brooklyn was a smoke screen. Why do players play basketball? What teams has a history for winning multiple rings in a big Market? A dream of most top tier player unless you just dont like that type of attention like Duncan and we all know that is not Howard he loves the camera. If a top tier player is traded or sign in a big market to a team like the Lakers no way you leave and it not hurt your reputation. The only way to repair such a damage is to go out and win rings and Guess what happens to your legacy if you dont. Like it or not if he leave it will do damage. No one deny Howard ability but that is not what judge a players greatness, To go and and have fun running and dunking is not the goal of the sport. Come on, dude is on the Lakers with fellow HOF players its not your average loto team. Who leaves La to in search of rings? That like leaving Harvard or being kicked out to go to a community college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GA9ZkX0iDc
http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/19ca773b-2c5f-45a9-9fc1-83e86a47faad/?source=twitter

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Brooklyn is over with Its all BS. If he wanted to go to Brooklyn why did he opt in? It makes no sense. The only reason he did not like La was he did not want to seem he was in Shaqs shadow. La was on his short list and he took himself out of the hunt to Brooklyn. Williams even got mad when he opt in so did the owner. I could be wrong its just my opinion but i think Brooklyn was a smoke screen. Why do players play basketball? What teams has a history for winning multiple rings in a big Market? If a top tier player is traded or sign in a big market to a team like the Lakers no way you leave and it not hurt your reputation. The only way to repair such a damage is to go out and win rings and Guess what happens to your legacy if you dont. Like it or not if he leave it will do damage. No one deny Howard ability but that is not what judge a players greatness, To go and and have fun running and dunking is not the goal of the sport. Come on, dude is on the Lakers with fellow HOF players its not your average loto team. Who leaves La to in search of rings? That like leaving Harvard to go to a community college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kji9Vpu2RA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GA9ZkX0iDc
http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/19ca773b-2c5f-45a9-9fc1-83e86a47faad/?source=twitter

He opted in cause they werent going to trade him to the Nets and they had no cap space. He still wants Brooklyn so bad. He hates it in LA and only wants the Nets. What part of that dont you understand?

ldawg
02-18-2013, 12:24 AM
He opted in cause they werent going to trade him to the Nets and they had no cap space. He still wants Brooklyn so bad. He hates it in LA and only wants the Nets. What part of that dont you understand?The part that dont make sense. He stoped himself from going to Nets no one did he did

ldawg
02-18-2013, 12:30 AM
He cant handle the pressure in La?

ldawg
02-18-2013, 12:38 AM
Blake Griffen has made a career playing like howard and has pass Howard in expanding his game. Howard want to play outside his strengths without working on those weak areas. If thats his goal then work on the skills needed because at this point It does not matter what team he plays for. The same baggage he had in Orlando he came with them to La and he now want a fresh start only to pack the same baggage again. He got to take his game to another level, he is just being exposed in the La spotlight. He has been given a break because of his injuries but its clear its beyond that. He has personal issues some of the way he wants to play and picking his coaches like he did in Orlando. But what championship team lets a player do that? Howard is just being a Diva. Lebron when through this too but he did not quit. Howard is looking for the exit.

yojoe792
02-18-2013, 12:40 AM

He owes Laker fans noting! Please don't tell me people are going to start hating another NBA players because they are exercise their rights as a free agent.

I don't care if he leaves. The guy's not good enough to win as a first option and not mature enough to win as a second option. Because the Laker standard is winning, they should trade his *** away.

oak2455
02-18-2013, 12:50 AM
He opted in cause they werent going to trade him to the Nets and they had no cap space. He still wants Brooklyn so bad. He hates it in LA and only wants the Nets. What part of that dont you understand?

You know Dwight like Favors :laugh:

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 12:57 AM
You know Dwight like Favors :laugh:

I was trying to read what you wrote but I feel asleep watching that hockey picture. Hockey is boring

oak2455
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
I was trying to read what you wrote but I feel asleep watching that hockey picture. Hockey is boring

Hockey is better than watching the flops.... I mean Nets, btw skate sometime and get back to me

DoMeFavors
02-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Hockey is better than watching the flops.... I mean Nets, btw skate sometime and get back to me

Id rather roller blade

sventhedog
02-18-2013, 04:07 AM
if he gets traded, it will hurt the lakers because at the moment, it's very difficult to get value for him given his struggles, new salary cap situation, injury, and lack of guarantee that he will stay with the team that trades for him.

add to this the poor record, and wrong player-coach combination, other teams know the lakers will be desperately try to make a move at the deadline or the offseason.

if they hold on to him, which is very likely to happen, they may lose him for nothing in the offseason.

lakers are really in a bad position because they can't trade gasol, which further limits their ability to tinker their roster.

jim buss really screwed the lakers but i don't think there's anyone who can fire the owner.

ldawg
02-18-2013, 07:56 AM
if he gets traded, it will hurt the lakers because at the moment, it's very difficult to get value for him given his struggles, new salary cap situation, injury, and lack of guarantee that he will stay with the team that trades for him.

add to this the poor record, and wrong player-coach combination, other teams know the lakers will be desperately try to make a move at the deadline or the offseason.

if they hold on to him, which is very likely to happen, they may lose him for nothing in the offseason.

lakers are really in a bad position because they can't trade gasol, which further limits their ability to tinker their roster.

jim buss really screwed the lakers but i don't think there's anyone who can fire the owner.Lakers books are cleared in two years no bad contracts will be locked up. You cant win every year and this has been a crazy season. The let down is the players and the expectations for a team that was to be good. IMP the Lakers are in a good position. If Howard leaves he leaves its not like he is playing great and he bolt and left them hurting. They are hurting now and what would hurt more if they give him a max contract and he continue to struggle in a big market. At that point that will hurt the Lakers.

ldawg
02-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Howard has the opportunity now its up to him to deliver and fly high in the basketball world. Thats a refection on Howard if he cant live up to that.