PDA

View Full Version : Will LeBron excercise ETO in 2014?

zB_#85
02-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Thoughts on whether Bron will excercise his early termination option? He recently mentioned he's underpaid, which he is relatively speaking. I mean all athletes are overpaid so I hink it was a stupid comment, but let's face it his market value is higher than what he's scheduled to make. Miami is the easy favorites this year and probably next but beyond that Wade will begin to age and I see a better situation for him. The Cleveland Cavaliers!!! Kyrie will still be on his rookie deal and pairing those 2 for the rest of LeBron's career would make them a perrennial contender. Also, I think deep down LeBron would like the opportunity to "make it right" so to speak with his hometown fans and end his career being revered by them. In 2014 Cleveland would be a more attractive supporting cast than Miami and it would be a chance to revisit his salary and get the pay bumped up to max level.

Just Watching Kyrie win the 3pt and seeing LeBron cheer him on got me thinking here. Thoughts?

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 11:15 PM
You're right man.. Cleveland has a good future with Thompson and Irving. If James goes there, they can probably sign another big name player. I'd like for Howard to come to the Cavailers too.

Irving
Dwight
Thompson
James
Gibson

Not bad

yaswaggin
02-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Irving-LeBron would be dirty

Irving doesn't need lebron though, he needs really good role players like they have in Denver

He's a guy who can win a ship as the 1st option

JNoel
02-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Basing it off Lebron cheering for a fellow East participant is just plain stupid.

ManRam
02-16-2013, 11:21 PM
Nah.

LA bound.

zB_#85
02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Basing it off Lebron cheering for a fellow East participant is just plain stupid.

All I said is that's what got me thinking.

JNoel
02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Nah.

LA bound.

I agree Paul/Griffin/James would be nasty ;)

ManRam
02-16-2013, 11:24 PM
I agree Paul/Griffin/James would be nasty ;)

Nah. Dwight, LeBron, Melo, Lowry, Jabari Parker in LA LAKERS in 2014. BOOK THAT ****!

JNoel
02-16-2013, 11:25 PM
All I said is that's what got me thinking.

But is it worth making a thread over? Sure it's something to consider in the future, but as of right now, its just way to early and the timing is odd.

JNoel
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Nah. Dwight, LeBron, Melo, Lowry, Jabari Parker in LA LAKERS in 2014. BOOK THAT ****!

At least they won't have that ballhogger Colby on that team.

ManRam
02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
At least they won't have that ballhogger Colby on that team.

Bruh. Have you seen his assist totals lately? Ain't his fault he plays with 12 other scrubs.

zB_#85
02-16-2013, 11:38 PM
But is it worth making a thread over? Sure it's something to consider in the future, but as of right now, its just way to early and the timing is odd.

Its a sports forum bro. Way better discussion topic than half the other **** on this site...

ClevelandSpider
02-16-2013, 11:40 PM
There was a thread talking about the 3pt contest and who everyone thought would win, and no one liked Kyrie, well a few people did but the majority thought he wouldn't get out of the 1st round, clearly they haven't watched this kid play as much as they should, he is phenomenal. He's only 20 and has the vision and skills of a seasoned veteran. He has all the intagibles you look for in a player, he's smart, good vision and passing skills, he's quick, a great shooter and has ice water running through his veins.

I can see LeBron coming back to Cleveland to rebuild the bridges he burnt down and be the prodigal son. However, he'll just come off as a ring chaser wherever he goes. If he leaves Miami once Wade starts declining for better chances at a title, he'll look like he did when he left Cleveland. I really think that if he leaves Miami, it's back to Cleveland. No way he goes to LA, he's not going to the Clippers because they are stacked as it is, and no one wants to touch the Lakers mess. The Lakers will be the Clippers for the next decade or so, and will look up to CP3 and Blake as their big brothers, just good enough to hold their jocks, BOOK THAT ****!

ThunderousDemon
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
There was a thread talking about the 3pt contest and who everyone thought would win, and no one liked Kyrie, well a few people did but the majority thought he wouldn't get out of the 1st round, clearly they haven't watched this kid play as much as they should, he is phenomenal. He's only 20 and has the vision and skills of a seasoned veteran. He has all the intagibles you look for in a player, he's smart, good vision and passing skills, he's quick, a great shooter and has ice water running through his veins.

I can see LeBron coming back to Cleveland to rebuild the bridges he burnt down and be the prodigal son. However, he'll just come off as a ring chaser wherever he goes. If he leaves Miami once Wade starts declining for better chances at a title, he'll look like he did when he left Cleveland. I really think that if he leaves Miami, it's back to Cleveland. No way he goes to LA, he's not going to the Clippers because they are stacked as it is, and no one wants to touch the Lakers mess. The Lakers will be the Clippers for the next decade or so, and will look up to CP3 and Blake as their big brothers, just good enough to hold their jocks, BOOK THAT ****!

Nostradumbass :worthy:

ClevelandSpider
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Bruh. Have you seen his assist totals lately? Ain't his fault he plays with 12 other scrubs.

HAHA. The same scrubs you said were gonna help bring the title back to LA before the season started. How you said there shouldn't even be a season, just give the title to LA already, they were too good. Get outta here Laker-bandwagoner!

ClevelandSpider
02-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Nostradumbass :worthy:

Delusionalaker Homer :facepalm:

Slug3
02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
I fully believe he will. The question really is will it be to sign with Miami or to sign with CLE.

ThunderousDemon
02-16-2013, 11:45 PM
HAHA. The same scrubs you said were gonna help bring the title back to LA before the season started. How you said there shouldn't even be a season, just give the title to LA already, they were too good. Get outta here Laker-bandwagoner!

The new kid :o

ManRam
02-16-2013, 11:45 PM

I literally laughed out loud.

THANK YOU!

kdspurman
02-16-2013, 11:47 PM
I don't think anyone really knows... It's possible

ClevelandSpider
02-16-2013, 11:49 PM
I literally laughed out loud.

THANK YOU!

I'm actually pulling for the Lakers to make the playoffs, as much as I hate them...hopefully they make the 8th seed in the West and then undoubtedly get swept, will put them at the 15th or 16th pick and my Cavs will be able to swap our Miami first with theirs, which is owned by Phoenix now, big difference between 15/16 and 28-30, so come on Lakers, get it together haha, that team is a mess though, happy for the Clippers, wouldn't mind seeing them win it all this year!

ClevelandSpider
02-16-2013, 11:51 PM
The new kid :o

A friend of mine once said "the internet is the only place on earth where skinny, virgin dweebs claim seniority and act tough," it's totally true and you fit the bill perfectly, thanks for playing!

ThunderousDemon
I fully believe he will. The question really is will it be to sign with Miami or to sign with CLE.

Cleveland? Why the hell would he do that?

Chuck Taylor
I think he will. He'll have two and possibly three rings by then, so he'll stay where he is.

Redskins10
02-16-2013, 11:52 PM
If he gives a damn about his brand, he would stay in Miami.

MarkieMark48
02-16-2013, 11:52 PM
He might have to because of the luxury tax

ThunderousDemon
02-16-2013, 11:53 PM
A friend of mine once said "the internet is the only place on earth where skinny, virgin dweebs claim seniority and act tough," it's totally true and you fit the bill perfectly, thanks for playing!

lol, the irony.

ClevelandSpider
02-16-2013, 11:54 PM

Durrrrr....can someone please explain it to the slow one....durrrrr

waveycrockett
02-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Cavs have to develop alot more than Irving

ThunderousDemon
02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
I think he's going to resign, especially if they win it all this year again.

Two championships and a max contract sounds pretty good.

Mr_Jones
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM

He's being ironic, lol

IKnowHoops
02-17-2013, 12:03 AM
I think its good for the NBA if he does. If he did, he leave to form an even more super team.

Slug3
02-17-2013, 12:08 AM

Lots of rumors out there. That he wants to go back and be a hero and get one for CLE. Also that people in his circle are pushing for him to return. Also rumors that he doesn't like how Miami doesn't let him get away with what he wants.

Again these are all rumors and he seems like he has grown up a lot.

ClevelandSpider
02-17-2013, 12:11 AM
I think he's going to resign, especially if they win it all this year again.

Two championships and a max contract sounds pretty good.

Uh oh, someone must not have heard about the luxury tax increases that will destroy super teams. Miami will not be able to keep LeBron, Wade and Bosh. With Wade certainly on the decline after next season, it only makes sense that LeBron would opt out and at least strongly consider returning to Cleveland. Maybe Miami will part ways with Wade and keep Bosh and LeBron, would look bad but business is business, but they won't have all three heading into the 2014-15 season, you can take that to the bank.

ThunderousDemon
02-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Lots of rumors out there. That he wants to go back and be a hero and get one for CLE. Also that people in his circle are pushing for him to return. Also rumors that he doesn't like how Miami doesn't let him get away with what he wants.

I don't think he goes though, especially how it all went down when he left and the fact that Dan Gilbert is still the owner.

Chuck Taylor
02-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Uh oh, someone must not have heard about the luxury tax increases that will destroy super teams. Miami will not be able to keep LeBron, Wade and Bosh. With Wade certainly on the decline after next season, it only makes sense that LeBron would opt out and at least strongly consider returning to Cleveland. Maybe Miami will part ways with Wade and keep Bosh and LeBron, would look bad but business is business, but they won't have all three heading into the 2014-15 season, you can take that to the bank.

I'm pretty sure that out of those three, Miami would push hardest to keep LeBron

RLundi
02-17-2013, 12:23 AM

I'm actually pulling for the Lakers to make the playoffs, as much as I hate them...hopefully they make the 8th seed in the West and then undoubtedly get swept, will put them at the 15th or 16th pick and my Cavs will be able to swap our Miami first with theirs, which is owned by Phoenix now, big difference between 15/16 and 28-30, so come on Lakers, get it together haha, that team is a mess though, happy for the Clippers, wouldn't mind seeing them win it all this year!

Oh lord, please just stop.

dhopisthename
02-17-2013, 12:24 AM
I would be surprised if he doesn't exercise his eto even if it is just to get a new contract with the heat

rockbottom2010
02-17-2013, 12:29 AM

if you already know...howard and james don't get along...and secondly...the lakers gave draft picks to the suns and magic for the next 3 years...and kobe will be back...he wants that 6th ring soo badly

rockbottom2010
02-17-2013, 12:34 AM
and to answer this topic.....lebron is soo unpredictable.....if irving and james are going to be teammates in the near future...i don't it'll be in cleveland..but u never know

BigCityofDreams
02-17-2013, 12:54 AM

Get away with what exactly?

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 12:56 AM
LeBron will never play for the LAL. Terrible fit for him and as long as Kobe is there, no way.

Slug3
02-17-2013, 12:56 AM
I don't think he goes though, especially how it all went down when he left and the fact that Dan Gilbert is still the owner.

Time kind of heals a lot. Gilbert kind of said sorry for what he said. But who knows, if Miami wins this year and next year. Maybe he wants to stay.

All I know is IF Lebron leaves Miami I won't hate him and I will still root him on to succeed. There are athletes like him that come along every so many years and I just want to enjoy him. I did get to enjoy MJ, then Shaq and Kobe. Now Lebron and perhaps KD. I love the heat, but at times you need to back away and see the greatness that is sometimes there.

ManRam
02-17-2013, 01:11 AM
if you already know...howard and james don't get along...and secondly...the lakers gave draft picks to the suns and magic for the next 3 years...and kobe will be back...he wants that 6th ring soo badly

lol they don't get along. wtf you talking about bruh bruh?

explain this!

http://www.hoopsbetting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dwight-howard-and-lebron-james.jpg

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 01:13 AM
lol they don't get along. wtf you talking about bruh bruh?

explain this!

http://www.hoopsbetting.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dwight-howard-and-lebron-james.jpg

That was before Howard started talking crap against LeBron though. Started saying LeBron took the easy way out and that he'd rather play with Kobe and such.

ManRam
02-17-2013, 01:15 AM
That was before Howard started talking crap against LeBron though. Started saying LeBron took the easy way out and that he'd rather play with Kobe and such.

i can't even troll about this.

dwight's a *****. :laugh:

Taking the easy way out? :laugh2: my god....

Slug3
02-17-2013, 01:31 AM
Get away with what exactly?

Again these are just rumors.

But having his posse hang out with him at the arena, I remember his first year after a pre season game he supposedly wanted to hang for someone's bday and Wade let him know that wasn't going to happen. Pat Riley doesn't let too many guys get away with what they want and Lebron may not honestly like that.

Again I have to say these are just rumors and may be just that.

Master Mind
02-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Pat Riley is a mastermind. And that's all I have to say about that

gotoHcarolina52
02-17-2013, 01:53 AM
ManRam was trolling, but now he's just trawling. And he's picking up more shrimp than Lieutenant Dan and the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

Well done :clap:

TyrionLannister
02-17-2013, 02:13 AM
I think he will exercise his ETO and get a deserved max deal.

Whether it'll be Miami or elsewhere, who knows... It'll be interesting to see how everything looks when that time comes.

Though I think we can throw the "brand" argument out the window. He arguably did the worst thing for his "brand" in 2010 going to Miami. So I don't think he necessarily cares about that now, if he even did.

Random OT: Oceanspray you have over 1000 posts in about a month and a half of being here lol. What do you do for a living?

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:17 AM
I think he will exercise his ETO and get a deserved max deal.

Whether it'll be Miami or elsewhere, who knows... It'll be interesting to see how everything looks when that time comes.

Though I think we can throw the "brand" argument out the window. He arguably did the worst thing for his "brand" in 2010 going to Miami. So I don't think he necessarily cares about that now, if he even did.

Random OT: Oceanspray you have over 1000 posts in about a month and a half of being here lol. What do you do for a living?

I post like 50x in an hour that's why.. I have a job and school so I'm on here when I'm eating. Since when does posts mean no life? It's more about time spent on the site and I'm not on here for 20 hours just to post 10 times like some people.

TyrionLannister
02-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Ah. FTR I wasn't accusing you of being a no-lifer I was just surprised to see your post count as high as it was considering your join date.

BigCityofDreams
02-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Again these are just rumors.

But having his posse hang out with him at the arena, I remember his first year after a pre season game he supposedly wanted to hang for someone's bday and Wade let him know that wasn't going to happen. Pat Riley doesn't let too many guys get away with what they want and Lebron may not honestly like that.

Again I have to say these are just rumors and may be just that.

I see what you're saying it wouldn't surprise me if it's somewhat true.

Kyrie
02-17-2013, 05:38 PM
You live in a fantasy world, Dwight will be gone next year. Kobe will be 36-37 and probably already retired. Melo will stay in New York (where else besides Clippers or Nets?), LeBron will either stay in Miami (why?) or go to Cleveland and Lowry will stay in Toronto where they are building a dynasty (Ross, DeRozan, Gay, Bargnani, Jonas, and Lowry). Clippers will be the next big team in Cali, not the Lakers. GTFO.

2-ONE-5
02-17-2013, 05:41 PM
really cant wait til afer the 2013 season to ask this?

mightybosstone
02-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Whether Lebron exercises his ETO will be determined by a number of things. If they win another title or two and both Bosh and Wade are playing well while staying relatively healthy, I don't he leaves Miami that easily. That being said, if Miami struggles to bring home another title and/or Bosh or Wade start to slip over the next couple of years, I could see him opting out to go elsewhere.

Although part of me thinks that Lebron may have learned his lesson from The Decision. He strikes me as a guy who wants to be liked, and he knows that bailing on Miami the way he bailed on Cleveland will make fans view him in a negative light.

If I had to make a prediction, I say the Heat win at least one more title and he doesn't opt out in 2014. 2015, however, is another story...

Guppyfighter
02-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Lebron to the Warriors :drunk::pray:

mdm692
02-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Nah.

LA bound.

:laugh:.

mdm692
02-17-2013, 07:27 PM

I know you're trolling but in order to draft Parker the Lakers need to have a draft pick.

Vinylman
02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Whether Lebron exercises his ETO will be determined by a number of things. If they win another title or two and both Bosh and Wade are playing well while staying relatively healthy, I don't he leaves Miami that easily. That being said, if Miami struggles to bring home another title and/or Bosh or Wade start to slip over the next couple of years, I could see him opting out to go elsewhere.

Although part of me thinks that Lebron may have learned his lesson from The Decision. He strikes me as a guy who wants to be liked, and he knows that bailing on Miami the way he bailed on Cleveland will make fans view him in a negative light.

If I had to make a prediction, I say the Heat win at least one more title and he doesn't opt out in 2014. 2015, however, is another story...

all your points have merit on whether he will stay with Miami... however, the only reason he doesn't exercise his ETO is if he has a career threatening injury...

its pretty simple ... he exercises his eto (age 29)... signs a max deal with another eto after 3 years... he then exercises new eto and signs his final max deal (age 32).

whether he leaves miami is anyones guess

Vinylman
02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I know you're trolling but in order to draft Parker the Lakers need to have a draft pick.

they still have their 2014 pick and can't trade it because they have already traded their 2015 pick.

as for parker... don't want him ... give me wiggins

NFLNBA
02-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Lakers will have a TON of money in 2014. They will sign 2 STAR players. Will Lebron be one of them? I think that depends on if he wins another title with the heat or not. Its true he is KRAZY underpaid but its not like he NEEDS the money and cant wait 1 year to sign another MAX deal with Miami. IMO he leaves because Wade is declining already and the rest of that team is a bunch of old vet players as well. BUT maybe he wants to stamp his name somewhere and try to live by his NOT 1........NOT 2...........NOT 3..........NOT 4.............ect