PDA

View Full Version : NBA should get rid of the BBVA RSC and replace it w/ NBA RS vs NBDL allstars

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
The problem w/ the Rising Stars rookie game is there is no real competition, these kids think they are the **** and proceed to showoff and put a crowd to sleep. Since D-League is starting to churn players that can ball. I'd say pick 15 of the best in the D-League, 15 of the best Rookies and have them ball against each other. A D-League player would ball their *** off for a contract in this game and bragging rights. NBA rooks and sophs wouldn't want to lose this game. Imagine if a D-League player were to become the allstar in this game. Just imagine.

Chronz
02-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I likey

Hellcrooner
02-16-2013, 03:14 PM
they should go back to rookies vs sophs and thats it.

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Thank you thank you @chronz. :cool:

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 03:17 PM
they should go back to rookies vs sophs and thats it.

it's still the same problem. You got players that think they are NBA allstars when they not. You need a group that's out to prove something, and a D-leaguer would want to prove something. They not just going to stand around and do nothing for 40 mins. w/ scouts watching.

Rndy
02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
I find the Celebrity game the most exciting thing about all star break.

Nick O
02-16-2013, 03:33 PM
the saturday night is really the only night that keeps my interest .... i never make it all the way through either the rookie game or the all star game... and ya i agree^^ the celebrity game is actually more entertaining... i dunno about this d league thing... but i suppose it would give them a chance to show off their skills

Mr_Amaziing
02-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Can't wait to see Jeremy Lamb take over in the D- League all-star game

I see him scoring 30+ points

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Can't wait to see Jeremy Lamb take over in the D- League all-star game

I see him scoring 30+ points

see that's the thing, I'd had rather see him do that vs the NBA rookies and sophmores. This is what I mean.

Hellcrooner
02-16-2013, 03:47 PM
In reality they should get rid of everything and do an allstar TOURNAMENT.

4 teams, semifinals and finals ( and the losers play for 3rd position).

-TEAM USA
-TEAM NCAA
-TEAM NBA FOREIGNERS
-TEAM EUROLEAGUE

CHANGO
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah I like this idea. There would be actually something to prove. Like I don't wanna lose with this D-League scrub. Like!

And yeah, the most entertaining game of the three is... SADLY the celebrity allstar game but just for Kevin Hart LOL!

D-Leethal
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I like the concept but I think it would put too much pressure on the rooks/sophs team and could be a potential embarrassment/joke for the league if the 'rising stars' end up losing to the minor leaguers.

I think a 1 on 1 tourny needs to be instituted. Would be entertaining as hell to see LeBron/KD/Melo/Kobe go at it with year to year dark horses like Jamal Crawford/JR Smith. I think they would take pride in winning that title too and it would be competitive.

lamzoka
02-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I like the idea of the O.P.

^^^ this is a NBA allstar. so why are we talking about NCAA and EUROLEAGUE?

they keyword is NBA

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I like the concept but I think it would put too much pressure on the rooks/sophs team and could be a potential embarrassment/joke for the league if the 'rising stars' end up losing to the minor leaguers.

Good! that's the point. If you're young allstars prove it.

I think a 1 on 1 tourny needs to be instituted. Would be entertaining as hell to see LeBron/KD/Melo/Kobe go at it with year to year dark horses like Jamal Crawford/JR Smith. I think they would take pride in winning that title too and it would be competitive.

they can add this and scrap the D-League showcase since the D-League allstars the 15 best will already play the 15 best of the NBA rooks/sophs

ChiSox219
02-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Nah, just go back to Rookie vs Soph and make sure they actually play game that resembles basketball. It's been entertaining in the past, I only saw the first few minutes yesterday but it was ugly.

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Nah, just go back to Rookie vs Soph and make sure they actually play game that resembles basketball. It's been entertaining in the past, I only saw the first few minutes yesterday but it was ugly.

they take it as a joke. They keep saying hey it's about pride. The rooks and sophs are too together. I'd think a NBDL player who wants an NBA spot would completely put the fright into those sophs/rooks

You see Brandon Knight, you don't think Jeremy Lamb would drop 20-30 pts. on him? I know plenty of D-league players that would hurt these dudes image and raise their stock. Look at Avery Bradley he was in the D-league, he wouldn't allow any sort of penetration to them or etc.

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
02-16-2013, 04:04 PM
All the ideas are good, but remember its just for fun. Can't afford these Guys to play hard and get injured.

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 04:06 PM
All the ideas are good, but remember its just for fun. Can't afford these Guys to play hard and get injured.

It's not like they are going to be shoving people to the ground. You just want some competitiveness. A D-Leaguer looking to prove that young NBA player isn't better than me. That'd cause a stir.

97NYer
02-16-2013, 04:06 PM
I love it

D-Leethal
02-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Good! that's the point. If you're young allstars prove it.

I think it would be entertaining and definitely better than the garbage we have now, I just don't think the league would do it for the potential embarrassment to the future faces of the league. It would be a turn off to casual fans and make them look like a bit of a joke. Same reason they don't televise the USA vs USA Select game and when Kyrie schooled team USA it was kept pretty hush hush and you didn't see any clips of it.

iFYouSeekAmy
02-17-2013, 02:11 AM
In a player's perspective, they want to have fun and relax after the grind of 55 games with 25+ more to go. Keep in mind it's their only long break from basketball. I do understand in a casual fan's perspective, they want to have quality entertainment.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:15 AM
Terrible move. No one wants to watch D-League players to be honest.. These damn athletes only care about showing up and not competing. God damn, it's so frustrating when they just run around letting the opposing team dunk all over them.

NoahH
02-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Rising Stars would dominate the NBDL all stars

kobe4thewinbang
02-17-2013, 04:35 PM
The NBA should either make it an opportunity for the D-Leaguers to play some serious ball, or work out a deal with And 1 or Globetrotters. Since the rookies/sophomores/rising stars turn it into a pickup game anyway.

detzfish
02-17-2013, 05:32 PM
The whole all star thing is a joke. No reason to play any of it at all. Noone wants to get hurt in any of the things so let's just get rid of it entirely.

Melo15
02-17-2013, 05:40 PM
I actually like this concept a lot.

Jagged QT
02-17-2013, 05:46 PM
I always thought the NBA rising stars was about "NBA rising Stars"?

You already have a d-league all-star game.

These games aren't about competing...it's total showboating and fun for the fans.

Spiggity_ace
02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
allstar weekend used to be so exciting, the last great one was there fred jones ****in won over JRich's amazing display of dunking, that was the beginning of the downfall everythings been pretty garbage since, should just scrap the allstar weekend, i used to look forward to it but its turning into the probowl

i remember back in the days the STARS of the league shwed up in the 3pt competition and dunk contest now its just one or 2 stars mixed in with bench players and rookies.

i remember wen VC tmac, kobe, ray allen etc entered the dunk contest, but now gusy like lebron are too scared to cuz it will hurt there over inflated egos

need a major overhaul and this idea is great, would finally be a good game with some good players in there some competitiveness THATS wut i wanna see not some egotistic kids dunking with no defense.

lol at the injury excuse, ppl are too ***** these days.

Spiggity_ace
02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
I always thought the NBA rising stars was about "NBA rising Stars"?

You already have a d-league all-star game.

These games aren't about competing...it's total showboating and fun for the fans.

its not fun anymore for anyone.

mdm692
02-17-2013, 07:11 PM
they take it as a joke. They keep saying hey it's about pride. The rooks and sophs are too together. I'd think a NBDL player who wants an NBA spot would completely put the fright into those sophs/rooks

You see Brandon Knight, you don't think Jeremy Lamb would drop 20-30 pts. on him? I know plenty of D-league players that would hurt these dudes image and raise their stock. Look at Avery Bradley he was in the D-league, he wouldn't allow any sort of penetration to them or etc.

Some people just don't get the point you're trying to make lol. I think it's a great idea and it brings some competitiveness to the game itself. Rooks and Sophs won't want to lose for the sake of not being embarrassed and the D-leaguers won't want to lose so they can try to make it to an NBA roster. That would be a great way to start the weekend off and then add a 1 v 1 tourney and it's all set.

IndiansFan337
02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
The problem w/ the Rising Stars rookie game is there is no real competition, these kids think they are the **** and proceed to showoff and put a crowd to sleep. Since D-League is starting to churn players that can ball. I'd say pick 15 of the best in the D-League, 15 of the best Rookies and have them ball against each other. A D-League player would ball their *** off for a contract in this game and bragging rights. NBA rooks and sophs wouldn't want to lose this game. Imagine if a D-League player were to become the allstar in this game. Just imagine.

Depends what the NBA's real goal is with this game. The TV ratings would obviously be way worse for an NBDL All-Stars vs NBA rookies, but like you mentioned it would allow those NBDL players to showcase themselves for NBA teams.

It also would improve the quality of play, because the NBDL guys wouldn't play zero D like we see from the rookies and sophomores.

Sportfan
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
they should have a game where the losing team gets kicked out of the league. the winners get a full NTC

it would be a finals atmosphere!

Lab Rat Robby
02-17-2013, 08:42 PM
i LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. totally a thread of the year candidate!

the injury risk is negated and here's why. rising stars vs d league all stars would fuel a deeper league.

even pop runs a young guy like kawhi without minute restriction.

these rising stars can handle one extra competitive game. heck half of them are on lottery teams anyway, it's not like they're playing playoff games. give them the exposure. speaking of exposure. the d leaguers would love the showcase. the winning coach has a nice resume builder. the rising stars are tested with a tough game. the benefit to the d league players is just obvious. and it'd be a really fun game to watch.

dump the dunk contest and skills challenge. leave the celebrity game on friday. add the 3 point contest and some kinda oscar style dunk of the year award. feature the rising stars/ d league all stars on saturday. then all star sunday. boom!