PDA

View Full Version : Could Royce White be looking for some money?

Hellcrooner
02-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Looking at old rosters i came across a guy that i had completely forgotten.

Luther Wright, he was a first round pick by the Jazz.
during his rookie season he broke down and was diagnosed as Bipolar.
He refused to come back to play because of his condition.
Jazz reached an agreement to pay him 125000 dollars a year for the next 25 Years.
Yep they are still paying him for doing nothing i guess.

could white be after something like this?

utl768
02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
why would the rockets pay him when he is insane

Celticsfan2007
02-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Jazz reached an agreement to pay him 125000 dollars a year for the next 25 Years.

Hard to say whats going on inside a person's brain... especially one with anxiety problems. My first assumption would be that he wants to play in NBA, but wants it to be on his terms with proper accomodations made for him along the way.

I mean this is basketball and I'd assume that it must be a dream of his to atleast try to play in NBA before he just gives up completely.

Rehman2009
02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
why would the rockets pay him when he is insane

That is ignorant.

cubbiefan_est88
02-16-2013, 04:40 PM
He should not be paid anything more than his contract this was not caused by the nba nor should they pay him for having a disorder give him his contract money and send him on his way to go flip burgers. Or is he afraid of deep fryers too?

lakerboy
02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
The only reason why Royce White is still in Houston is potential labor lawsuits.

Before they could get away from firing him, Houston would need enough evidence to prove they did their best in trying to accommodate this diva.

Give him a few more months and when Houston's Human Resources gather enough data to prove to court that they did their best, they'd let him go.

JasonJohnHorn
02-16-2013, 05:56 PM
That is ignorant.

+1

Royce White seems like he sincerely wants to play. This kid is talented. I'm sure Luther Wright would have rather played basket ball and excelled and made more money, even if his $125 000 a year for 25 years is a nice deal.

ChiSox219
02-16-2013, 06:08 PM

His contract was converted to an annuity and with inflation factored in, he actually made less money than if he had collected his contract salary. I also don't think Royce White is trying to follow Wright's path but instead it's exactly what he's trying to avoid.

SLY WILLIAMS
02-17-2013, 12:37 PM
White is not insane but the Rockets do not owe him money.

NoahH
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
What the hell this is for real? SMH

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah, he's like 6 billion other people.

Vinylman
02-17-2013, 01:12 PM
The only reason why Royce White is still in Houston is potential labor lawsuits.

Before they could get away from firing him, Houston would need enough evidence to prove they did their best in trying to accommodate this diva.

Give him a few more months and when Houston's Human Resources gather enough data to prove to court that they did their best, they'd let him go.

:facepalm:

please refrain from posting when you have don't have a clue what you are talking about.