PDA

View Full Version : Garnett for Deandre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe being discussed

Sadds The Gr8
02-16-2013, 02:16 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan..

Raps_93
02-16-2013, 02:16 AM
why would the clips even do that :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Idiotic trade. If KG retires this year out of the blue we will be fu**ed. We better be getting Bradley or Lee with KG. Straight up it would be beyond stupid.

Cal827
02-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Send Rondo to Lakers
Send Garnett to Clippers
Send Pierce to Warriors.

Get back them prospects Bledsoe, Jordan, Barnes and maybe others (as Howard was talked about in a potential boston deal)
Start Rebuild with some fresh prospects.
:dance:

RipCity32
02-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Boston would be stupid as hell not to do this.

Cracka2HI!
02-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Send Rondo to Lakers
Send Garnett to Clippers
Send Pierce to Warriors.

Get back them prospects Bledsoe, Jordan, Barnes and maybe others (as Howard was talked about in a potential boston deal)
Start Rebuild with some fresh prospects.
:dance:

Wait a minute is Howard getting traded here? This seems to be 3 teams of a 4 team deal.

Cracka2HI!
02-16-2013, 02:37 AM
If it's only KG I'm only down to give up DJ. I love what he does for our chemistry but KG is just way better. With the way the team is playing now I'm not down giving up Bled and DJ. If we are getting Pierce too it's a different story. On the other hand we are playing so well that it seems silly to make that big of a trade.

popo85
02-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Boston should take that deal then look to trade Bradley for a Young PF

VicTheWizard
02-16-2013, 02:39 AM
They should be going after Pierce instead of KG

mdm692
02-16-2013, 02:41 AM
So Rondo is on the move 1 way or another right?

shep33
02-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Clips trying to win it all, but if it backfires they're kinda screwed. Probably their 2 best assets left (obviously they ain't trading Blake or CP3).

Not too sure about this for them

Cracka2HI!
02-16-2013, 02:43 AM
They should be going after Pierce instead of KG

KG is much more of an upgrade for the Clipps. We need defense and rebounding and we've been getting decent production from our SF's and Grant Hill is likely to be the guy we are leaning on in the playoffs. We would be so much fundamentally sound team on both ends with KG over DJ. Both players would be a big upgrade but if we're giving up all our young talent I want both.

Hawkeye15
02-16-2013, 02:46 AM
sending that idiotic DJ deal away would not be a bad idea.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 02:47 AM
I guess LAC wants to get rid of lob city and have a veteran and proven playoff player.

Corey
02-16-2013, 03:17 AM
Do it in a heartbeat if you're Boston.

Trade Rondo and Pierce and move forward in a rebuild with Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Jordan plus whatever you get for Rondo and Pierce.

Cracka2HI!
02-16-2013, 03:23 AM

Trade Rondo and Pierce and move forward in a rebuild with Bledsoe, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Jordan plus whatever you get for Rondo and Pierce.

That looks damn good! What if it's Bledsoe, DJ, Butler, Odom for KG, Pierce?

Master Mind
02-16-2013, 03:26 AM
sending that idiotic DJ deal away would not be a bad idea.

Agreed. That was my initial thought

Chronz
02-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Idiotic trade. If KG retires this year out of the blue we will be fu**ed. We better be getting Bradley or Lee with KG. Straight up it would be beyond stupid.
For **** sake dont take both

Dade County
02-16-2013, 03:36 AM
I like Jordan, i wish the HEAT could have a center of his athleticism.

Kg is too old, you can't trade D. Jordan for him, maybe if they can find a younger vet, that can score like Kg.

Mishmin
02-16-2013, 03:47 AM

This is it right here. Love that backcourt. Ball pressure to the next level.

Chronz
02-16-2013, 03:50 AM
I like Jordan, i wish the HEAT could have a center of his athleticism.

Kg is too old, you can't trade D. Jordan for him, maybe if they can find a younger vet, that can score like Kg.

There arent any. KG is the best available big, but if it costs us both prospects, I wouldn't do it.

As much as I like DJ, I would have to think long and hard about this trade

king4day
02-16-2013, 04:08 AM
Fixing LA's biggest weakness of no post presence would be a sick move.
KG won't retire if he's sent to LA. He's have a legit shot at another ring. No way he let's that go.

king4day
02-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Imagine this deal goes down and then LA and Boston do the Howard for Rondo one?

Bledsoe
Bradley
Pierce
Howard

Trade Rondo for someone like Aldridge.
Not a bad core. If they could keep Howard, they'd have a bright future.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 04:20 AM
Fixing LA's biggest weakness of no post presence would be a sick move.
KG won't retire if he's sent to LA. He's have a legit shot at another ring. No way he let's that go.

LA's weakness isn't post presence bro. Griffin is one of the biggest post presences in the entire NBA. What KG brings is more the intangibles, defense and ability to stretch the floor with his shot and open up the paint for Griffin.

Mishmin
02-16-2013, 04:21 AM

Bledsoe
Bradley
Pierce
Howard

If they traded KG, the next one to go would be Pierce.

Lab Rat Robby
02-16-2013, 04:22 AM
that's a scary deal. it's smart for both sides. kg won't retire. paul won't leave. griffin gets the best mentor short of duncan. bledsoe gets to play. celtics future looks bright.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Leaning towards yes. We would have about 21 mill in cap space (enough for a max deal, MLE and some minimums to fill out roster) when KG+Hill retire and if we can shed Butler. Even if we can't shed Butler we have about 14 mill which is enough for a mini max. Can find 20 other guys to do with DJ does for MLE (think Dalembert). The only issue I had was trading Bledsoe who still has a ton of value and upside but this gets us out of DJ's 11 mill a year contract too.

KniCks4LiFe
02-16-2013, 06:04 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan.

I get laid for 4 and some change hours and wake up to this? :facepalm:

YoungOne
02-16-2013, 07:23 AM
I'd do it

sep11ie
02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
There arent any. KG is the best available big, but if it costs us both prospects, I wouldn't do it.

As much as I like DJ, I would have to think long and hard about this trade

I don't think they can still be considered prospects.

monty77
02-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Hard to believe! Although Clippers have plenty guards, this trade is hard to believe because of Clippers shouldn't get rid of two great younger players in exchange of another nearly 40. Maybe this trade give them more chances in this season, but both Bledsoe and DeAndre are very valuable players for the future.

I don't know what the financial situation of Clippers is, and probably they won't be able to resign both of them with a long term contract, but they must try it at least because both of them would be starting players along with Griffin and Paul for ages.

Perhaps Griffin mix better with Garnett than Jordan, but currently it's hard to find a center like Jordan in the league, and also is difficult to find a powerful guard like Bledsoe, both of them capable of perform in two ends of the court.

So, in my opinion, this is another minor rumor like Boozer-Bargnani case. The only team which maybe carry out any significant trade before March would be Mavs, because their owner don't have patience at all.

emman03
02-16-2013, 08:14 AM
espn trade machine is not working but i have something here check it out

clippers gets kg pierce
lakers gets rondo jordan
boston gets bledsoe howard butler odom

it end like this

clippers (sign K-Mart)

kg-turiaf-hollins
griffin-Kmart(KG)
pierce-barnes-hill
billups-crawford-green
paul-billups

lakers

jordan-(pau)
pau-jamison-clark
MWP-clark
kobe-meeks
rondo-nash

boston

howard-sullinger-melo
bass-odom
butler-green
bradley-lee
bledsoe-terry

thoughts?

kntresistheheat
02-16-2013, 08:41 AM
espn trade machine is not working but i have something here check it out

clippers gets kg pierce
lakers gets rondo jordan
boston gets bledsoe howard butler odom

it end like this

clippers (sign K-Mart)

kg-turiaf-hollins
griffin-Kmart(KG)
pierce-barnes-hill
billups-crawford-green
paul-billups

lakers

jordan-(pau)
pau-jamison-clark
MWP-clark
kobe-meeks
rondo-nash

boston

howard-sullinger-melo
bass-odom
butler-green
bradley-lee
bledsoe-terry

thoughts?

That looks great on 2k!!

MonroeFAN
02-16-2013, 09:10 AM
yikes, horrible trade for LAC if true. Although I see the value from both sides.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2013, 10:23 AM
would be weird seeing KG on the clippers,would be fun tho. Celtics should trade Pierce aswell (unless its important he retires a celtic)

I Rock Shaqs
02-16-2013, 10:41 AM
If this happens which I hope to holy moly it won't I will cry just straight up cry Garnett better retire A DAMN CELTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

BALLER R
02-16-2013, 10:55 AM
If I'm the Clippers are the ones that proposed this trade. I would be all over it if I'm the celtics.

biglows27
02-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Only way u do that trade is if u can get pierce too... clips get pierce and kg celtics get bledsoe dj and butler and a future 1st...

hugepatsfan
02-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Only way u do that trade is if u can get pierce too... clips get pierce and kg celtics get bledsoe dj and butler and a future 1st...

You'd have to throw in Odom as well to make salaries match, which would then leave you guys very thin on the front line. Maybe K-Mart could go back to LAC???

Carey
02-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I think short term the Clips would absolutely become the favorite in the West, long term how much longer does KG play? For Boston if they want to rebuild they get two solid pieces to start that off.

DoMeFavors
02-16-2013, 11:39 AM

I doubt the Celtics want Caron Butler, they would have no use for a guy like that.

hugepatsfan
02-16-2013, 11:45 AM
I doubt the Celtics want Caron Butler, they would have no use for a guy like that.

If the Celtics trade Pierce and KG, it's to rebuild. Butler would just be filler to make salaries in the trade work and give BOS bodies for the rest of the season. Then BOS would probably try to package Butler's expiring contract with young players and/or picks in the offseason/next year's deadline for a more useful long term piece. If we did go into rebuild mode, Butler's contract is actually a good asset for next year.

utl768
02-16-2013, 11:46 AM
thats a terrible deal for the clippers

they should stay with what they have

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2013, 11:46 AM
This trade is horrible for the clippers ... why would they give up both of those assets for a player that may retire in a year or 2? They could do much better I believe ... that would be a steal for Boston... noway clips do this

hugepatsfan
02-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Jordan is a good player, but he's paid to be better than he is. He isn't as valuable as people in here are making him out to be. He's a good starting C, but that contract is a problem to a team looking to rebuild. If BOS made this trade, they'd have him, Rondo, Green, Bass, Lee, and Terry pretty much taking up all the salary cap for the next 3 years and they still wouldn't be good enough to win a title.

Green_Monster
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Jordan is a good player, but he's paid to be better than he is. He isn't as valuable as people in here are making him out to be. He's a good starting C, but that contract is a problem to a team looking to rebuild. If BOS made this trade, they'd have him, Rondo, Green, Bass, Lee, and Terry pretty much taking up all the salary cap for the next 3 years and they still wouldn't be good enough to win a title.

Not to mention, Jordan plays under 25 MPG, and seem to get tired quickly. He's valuable in those minutes, though.

Patriot Pride
02-16-2013, 12:00 PM
As much as this might be a good trade for the Celtics I still don't want them to do it. I just like watching KG play too much.

KG is a boss, and he would surely make the Clips a contender.

RLundi
02-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Awful deal for both sides IMO. Garnett is about to retire so Clips would be screwed this summer or next. Bledsoe is a very attractive trade piece; wasting him on someone old and near retirement doesn't make sense. And for Boston, I don't like it either. I like DJ on the Clips but he's overrated and expensive. If the C's are rebuilding, DJ, Green, Sullinger, Rondo and Bledsoe isn't horrible but they are a fringe playoff team at best. Celtics' future looks leak right now.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Chris Broussard:*If Boston wants WGreen, RTuriaf & C Butler, sure the Clips front office will take KG, but not for Bled & Jordan.*Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Jagged QT
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
This is a good trade for both sides.

KG gives the Clippers a legit shot at the ring, and Boston gets some young pieces that can play and build on.

Corey
02-16-2013, 01:12 PM

Bledsoe
Bradley
Pierce
Howard

Rondo for someone like Aldridge?

lolwut?

Portland just drafted Lillard, that makes less than zero sense.

rangersfan
02-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I get laid for 4 and some change hours

LOL sure you did. Nothing like a nerd in a sports forum claiming something that can't be verified to make himself look like a stud. If you're pathetic and desperate enough to resort to stuff like this in order to get attention, stick your head in an oven. Jeezus such freaks this site attracts.

mzgrizz
02-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Chris Broussard:*If Boston wants WGreen, RTuriaf & C Butler, sure the Clips front office will take KG, but not for Bled & Jordan.*Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Why would Boston do this? Seems like the deal would be DJ and Bledsoe for KG.
I've always coveted KG and would prefer he remain a Celtic however

Sportfan
02-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Jordan sucks

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Why would Boston do this? Seems like the deal would be DJ and Bledsoe for KG.
I've always coveted KG and would prefer he remain a Celtic however

Of course Boston wouldn't do what chris said ... that's why he said it .... he is basically saying clips ain't giving up DJ and bledsoe for kg...

And he is right they shouldn't

Sportfan
02-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Bledsoe is all that intrigues me on LAC. Send Jordan out in a 3 way.

The_Jamal
02-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Ihave no problem with teams going for it all when they have a legit chance to win a title. KG on the Clips would no doubt make them the favorites this and next season. Giving up DJ and Bledsoe is a lot, but it doesn't seriously hamper the Clips ability to compete in a post-KG era. Maybe the Celtics send a 1st round pick with KG, but this deal makes a lot of sense for both teams

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Rondo for someone like Aldridge?

lolwut?

Portland just drafted Lillard, that makes less than zero sense.

I thought the funniest part of that post was that Rondo gets traded by the Celtics twice.

Rain City
02-16-2013, 02:40 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/kevin-garnett-said-under-no-circumstances-will-he-waive

well KG continues to reiterate he doesnt intend to waive his NTC, and hes no Dwight Howard, ill take him at his word.

Sly Guy
02-16-2013, 02:44 PM
the celtics weren't winning the east with rondo, pierce, garnett, I don't think the clips can win the west with paul, garnett, pierce and griff. if I'm LAC, I stay away from this deal.

Cracka2HI!
02-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Garnett said this is his last all-star game. Sounds like it's his last year. Can't give up both DJ and Bled for 30 games plus playoffs of KG. I don't like the fact that Woj reported the rumor and Broussard's sources say the Clippers won't do this. That makes me think there is a good chance the Clippers are considering this.

mbsalame123
02-16-2013, 02:59 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/02/16/boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-no-trade-clause/1924709/

kevin garnett isn't going anywhere he wont waive the trade clause so we can talk about all the rumors we want but at the end of the day KG makes the decision and his decision is a NO!

hugepatsfan
02-16-2013, 03:03 PM
KG isn't going to come out and say he'll accept a trade. I think he genuinely wants to make 3 more cracks at a ring with the Celtics, even if he knows the chances aren't very good. But at the same time, if BOS makes rebuilding moves, I don't think he would want to be a part of it. I think if BOS as a franchise made the decision to rebuild, KG would change his tune.

apet8945
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Looks like it's Vinny Del Negro who's pushing to get this trade done, and not the front office itself. I think the biggest reason for this is to have a competent big guy in at the end of games. VDN doesn't put in DJ cause he can't shoot free throws and Odom just doesn't look like he will ever get to even half of what he once was. It's pathetic. Having Garnett close games out with Griffin is worth it.

D-Leethal
02-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't really like this trade for either team. LAC gives up 2 key pieces, takes away from their biggest strength - depth - and their deadly bench takes a huge hit. They don't really have a solid backup C so it puts a ton of pressure on KG to stay healthy and super productive. I love Bledsoe but not sure DJ's contract is something a rebuilding team should want.

VinceCarter
02-16-2013, 04:22 PM
AHAHAHA the Clippers would make the worst trade in a long time if they do this!

radar3454
02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I would give up Deandre for KG in a heartbeat - tough to trade Bledsoe even though we won't be able to afford him next year most likely

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Surprisingly Blake Griffin is all on board with it. He really has the heart of a champion if he's willing to move his best friend if it means the team gets better.

"I think we need to be better," Griffin said. "I think we have enough talent to be a championship contender ... Sometimes you have to plant the seeds and let them grow and all that but with the pieces we have now is the time to continually keep attacking and make those moves to be a championship team."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8954542/chris-paul-blake-griffin-welcome-kevin-garnett-los-angeles-clippers

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:38 PM
As for the trade. Clippers won't do it unless they get Courtney Lee or Fab melo and a pick or something else in return. I personally think Courtney Lee or Green+KG for Bledsoe+DJ becomes more fair for the Clippers. Then they at least get a serviceable wing to replace Bledsoe some. KG will definitely be better than DJ no question but if he retires this year or next we traded our future for cap space.

Either way though it can work. Melo and Lebron are free agents in 2014 and the Clippers will have enough for a max deal, MLE and a bunch of minimums (Miami style) to pair with BG+CP3.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:41 PM
Oh and forgot to address Celtics fans saying KG won't do it. First off KG is the most loyal player in the entire NBA. You think he's going to say otherwise than "I bleed green"? No doubt KG would be just fine finishing his career in Boston because he's NOT a quitter and never has been. That being said the Clippers offer him a couple cracks at the title, the ability to play near home and he would be re-united with his best friend Billups. Not to mention we have a true family environment of players who are similar to the early 00's Kings teams.

Chauncey Billups also didn't wanna come to the Clippers until he met his teammates and front office. Now he calls it the best team he's ever been on and says they are the best group of people he's been around.

TheNumber37
02-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Great move for the Celtics, though I really like what Bledose gives them....
Still, Garnett is going to NTC the ish out of anything before it happens.

grandsalami
02-16-2013, 05:48 PM
gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe
Keep being told by NBA source that the #clippers and #celtics haven't discussed KG and that Clips want no part of approaching luxury tax

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 05:49 PM
gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe
Keep being told by NBA source that the #clippers and #celtics haven't discussed KG and that Clips want no part of approaching luxury tax

Gary Washburn or.... Yahoo Sports guys who are the most reputable in the basketball world. Hmmm....

grandsalami
02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Gary Washburn or.... Yahoo Sports guys who are the most reputable in the basketball world. Hmmm....

He works for the BOSTON globe

Blitzbolt
02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
I just want EB to get traded.

hugepatsfan
02-16-2013, 05:56 PM
As for the trade. Clippers won't do it unless they get Courtney Lee or Fab melo and a pick or something else in return. I personally think Courtney Lee or Green+KG for Bledsoe+DJ becomes more fair for the Clippers. Then they at least get a serviceable wing to replace Bledsoe some. KG will definitely be better than DJ no question but if he retires this year or next we traded our future for cap space.

Either way though it can work. Melo and Lebron are free agents in 2014 and the Clippers will have enough for a max deal, MLE and a bunch of minimums (Miami style) to pair with BG+CP3.

All Bledsoe is ever going to be in LAC is a backup PG that plays 25 minutes per game until he walks in FA. W/ CP3 there just isn't room him to be more. Jordan is a solid starting C, but he's paid a lot of money too. He's not a major piece at all IMO. In fact, if BOS were to make this trade I'd want to flip him somewhere else because of his contract. This trade would hardly be sacrificing their future.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
He works for the BOSTON globe

Even more reason not to trust it. These general guys like Woj are the first to break things and the have the most reputable sources 90+ percent of the time. LA Times writers two weeks ago also claim they were told no talks have happened. These specific regional writers often times are asking teams directly who will of course deny it.

Bottom line is Woj>Spears>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Washburn.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
I just want EB to get traded.

Why? Sick of the beatdowns?

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:01 PM
All Bledsoe is ever going to be in LAC is a backup PG that plays 25 minutes per game until he walks in FA. W/ CP3 there just isn't room him to be more. Jordan is a solid starting C, but he's paid a lot of money too. He's not a major piece at all IMO. In fact, if BOS were to make this trade I'd want to flip him somewhere else because of his contract. This trade would hardly be sacrificing their future.

Just because Bledsoe's role will always be limited here doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot of value, because he clearly does. DJ I agree is still in the "bad contract" zone but he DOES have upside and all the tools to improve. A coach like Doc will do wonders for him.

hugepatsfan
02-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Just because Bledsoe's role will always be limited here doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot of value, because he clearly does. DJ I agree is still in the "bad contract" zone but he DOES have upside and all the tools to improve. A coach like Doc will do wonders for him.

Oh I love Bledsoe and agree he does have tremendous value. But I've noticed this when looking for potential trades with Rondo - not a lot of teams need PGs. Look around the NBA - which teams do you think would give back top value for Bledsoe? There's so many teams with young PGs that they've drafted highly in the past couple of seasons that I don't see a big market for Bledsoe, even though I really like him. Ideally, the Clips would be able to move him for a young player at another position, but I just don't see that trade out there with all the young PGs in the NBA already.

And I like Jordan, but I don't see the potential you do. I just think he's a 25-30 mpg (because of stamina) rebounder/shot blocker who can get some putbacks/dunks. I don't see him ever being more than a complimentary piece. You probably know better than me though.

Clippersfan86
02-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Oh I love Bledsoe and agree he does have tremendous value. But I've noticed this when looking for potential trades with Rondo - not a lot of teams need PGs. Look around the NBA - which teams do you think would give back top value for Bledsoe? There's so many teams with young PGs that they've drafted highly in the past couple of seasons that I don't see a big market for Bledsoe, even though I really like him. Ideally, the Clips would be able to move him for a young player at another position, but I just don't see that trade out there with all the young PGs in the NBA already.

Funny you say that. I thought of something similar recently and was caught off guard when I realized like literally 22 teams have a very good starting PG. So I agree that the position has become flooded. Bledsoe though has top 10 PG potential no doubt if he keeps working and improving. I agree though that the actual value of a PG right now is lower.

I think Rondo would actually be flipped for a superstar who can actually be a go to player for you guys and Bledsoe+Bradley would be the backcourt of your future. Mainly because a team built around Rondo will have no takeover scoring ability.

NBA_Starter
02-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Garnett on the Clippers would be fun to watch