PDA

View Full Version : Kidd-Gilchrist lost to Jordan in 1-on-1

Knowledge
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist didn’t think he would lose. Not in 1-on-1. Not to a 50-year-old guy.

He was wrong.

But hey, at least that 50-year-old guy was His Airness, Michael Jordan.

Kidd-Gilchrist, 19, said the 1-on-1 game between he and Jordan, who is the majority owner of the Bobcats, the team for which Kidd-Gilchrist plays, happened about a month ago after a practice.

“He did play me 1-on-1 one time,” Kidd-Gilchrist said on Friday morning before playing on Team Shaq in the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night. “And it was hard for me … I lost. I lost to a 50-year-old guy. That’s my boss, though. He’s the best player to play the game.”

But Kidd-Gilchrist didn’t lose to a 50-year-old. He lost to a 49-year-old. Jordan doesn’t turn 50 until Sunday.

"Yeah. Of course," he said when asked if he thought he was going to beat Jordan. "I don’t think I’m gonna lose. I mean, he is 50."

Did Kidd-Gilchrist even really lose, though. Or did he let his boss beat him?

“No,” he said emphatically. “No. I didn’t allow him to beat me. Because that’s my boss? Nah.”

Jordan recently talked about trying to get back down to his playing weight with Wright Thompson for an in-depth ESPN story. The story, along with the well-known competitive nature of Jordan, has sparked some debate and rumors about a possible comeback for Jordan, who is already in the Hall of Fame.

“That wouldn’t shock me at all,” Kidd-Gilchrist said about a possible Jordan comeback. “He still has it. He does.”
http://www.csnhouston.com/blog/2013-nba-all-star-weekend/kidd-gilchrist-lost-jordan-1-1

I know this doesn't mean he could handle a NBA season, but I found it entertaining nonetheless. The fact that a 50 year Jordan can still school a 19 year high energy player like MKG is pretty cool.

JEDean89
02-15-2013, 07:07 PM
i bet all he did was post up and fadeaway. he will never lose his ability to post up and shoot over either shoulder but i doubt he can still play full court defense. a lot less running involved in one on one.

FreakaNashur
02-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Wow. Mj still has it. not that i ever doubted it.

jmoney85
02-15-2013, 07:16 PM
i bet all he did was post up and fadeaway. he will never lose his ability to post up and shoot over either shoulder but i doubt he can still play full court defense. a lot less running involved in one on one.

I wouldn't doubt him ever.... all that does is fuel him

ACanadian
02-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Thats like Demar DeRozan to losing to Uncle Drew...
My dignity would be lost if I lost to a 50 year old, MJ or not

LAKERMANIA
02-15-2013, 07:17 PM
If MJ starts a one-on-one game, you're not going to see the ball again.. His post up, fadeaway is unguardable...Even at 50

ManRam
02-15-2013, 07:19 PM
That's cool.

He'd still be a liability on 30 out of 30 teams.

JNoel
02-15-2013, 07:28 PM
All signs are pointing to him making a big return :D

DallasTrilla23
02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Woah, what a badass

jmoney85
02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
what team would he play on? lol

Chucky Woods
02-15-2013, 08:01 PM
It's the perfect storm for a comeback.
I hope it doesn't happen though...

Chucky Woods
02-15-2013, 08:02 PM
what team would he play on? lolBobcats... Owner and player just like Jackie Moon

GREATNESS ONE
02-15-2013, 08:37 PM
llullz this is actually funny, wish we had some footage

*Silver&Black*
02-15-2013, 08:57 PM
I don't think MKG went all out either. Jordan is his boss after all.

hidalgo
02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
that is really impressive, & the fact that Kidd-Gilchrist is 6-7

Matrix3132
02-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Thats like Demar DeRozan to losing to Uncle Drew...
My dignity would be lost if I lost to a 50 year old, MJ or not

If you lost?

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
This kid is a lottery pick. It's impressive. And Jamison says he still beats up on other guys. GOAT even without the same athleticism.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Jordan coming back would be great for the Bobcats... they are NOT selling tickets right now, and if Jordan were to return, well, I'm sure a lot of folks would show up to the games just to say they got to see Jordan play. It would probably be a spike in attendance around the league for game where Jordan is in town. I don't think he could make the Bobcats any better as a team, but he might make them more profitable. And the merchandise? How many Jordan/Bobcat jerseys would pop up. lol

Hawkeye15
02-15-2013, 09:28 PM
his body wouldn't hold up by game 10.

CubsBullsBucs
02-15-2013, 09:51 PM
how sick would that be if MJ came back to chicago and MJ and D Rose won it all. :jumpy:

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Delusional fans who think MJ can still actively play in the NBA... This only points to the fact that Charlotte Bobcats are scrubs.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Playing 1 on 1 and 5 on 5 is 2 different things. Jordan would get lost playing 5 on 5 both offensively and defensively.

RipCity32
02-16-2013, 01:59 AM
MKG has been disappointing as far as shooting the basketball so Im not surprised.The kid can play defense and rebound but he has not been worthy of the #2 overall pick.So 1 on 1 Im sure a lot of people could do this to MKG.

RipCity32
02-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Jordan would get embarrassed in a NBA game today.

Supreme LA
02-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Playing 1 on 1 and 5 on 5 is 2 different things. Jordan would get lost playing 5 on 5 both offensively and defensively.

Lost??? I doubt that would happen. The man would surely get blown by on the perimeter but I doubt most guards or 3's wouldn't be too successful on the block or in a face up mid-range game against him. He still has his tremendous strength I'm 100% sure of that. To say he would get lost is a bit disrespectful. There are probably less than a handful of people in this world that knows the game as well as MJ does. I don't doubt MJ could play a few games and have some good performances even at his age but there is just no way in hell he'll make it through an entire season.

A comeback is out of the question.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Lost??? I doubt that would happen. The man would surely get blown by on the perimeter but I doubt most guards or 3's wouldn't be too successful on the block or in a face up mid-range game against him. He still has his tremendous strength I'm 100% sure of that. To say he would get lost is a bit disrespectful. There are probably less than a handful of people in this world that knows the game as well as MJ does. I don't doubt MJ could play a few games and have some good performances even at his age but there is just no way in hell he'll make it through an entire season.

A comeback is out of the question.

How are you 100% sure?

He can not outrun.
He can not outpower.
He can not outjump.

The only advantage he has is experience and skill.

He would not keep up with the pace.
He's the GOAT, not a machine.

HYFR
02-16-2013, 02:58 AM
Jordan could still beat a lot of guys 1 on 1 now cuz the other guy won't even get the ball

Supreme LA
02-16-2013, 03:08 AM
How are you 100% sure?

He can not outrun.
He can not outpower.
He can not outjump.

The only advantage he has is experience and skill.

He would not keep up with the pace.
He's the GOAT, not a machine.

I said I'm 100% sure he would still have his STRENGTH. That certainly hasn't gone away and easy to tell by even looking at him. MJ at 50 posting up many players on the block with his STRENGTH wouldn't shock me and I said I doubt many GUARDS and 3's (SF) would be very successful against him on the block because he was always the best post-defensive player for his size.

My original point was that MJ wouldn't be lost in todays game. He's knows the game better than anyone in the league today. READING is fundamental.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 03:11 AM
I said I'm 100% sure he would still have his STRENGTH. That certainly hasn't gone away and easy to tell by even looking at him. MJ at 50 posting up many players on the block with his STRENGTH wouldn't shock me and I said I doubt many GUARDS and 3's (SF) would be very successful against him on the block because he was always the best post-defensive player for his size.

My original point was that MJ wouldn't be lost in todays game. He's knows the game better than anyone in the league today. READING is fundamental.

I did read, I'm asking you how are you 100% sure he has his strength? Maybe you should learn to comprehend information. A 50 year old man is not stronger than a 25 year old. I don't care how you put it, your bones and muscles are never going to come back.

Supreme LA
02-16-2013, 03:16 AM
I did read, I'm asking you how are you 100% sure he has his strength? Maybe you should learn to comprehend information.

Yes I'm 100% sure!!!!

The man has been abusing NBA players for years. You think MKG was the only one?? And there are plenty of players I've played against in their 40's who haven't lost their strength. Mitch Richmond and Bobby Jackson play in my Sacramento/Elk Grove 30 & over league and they certainly haven't lost any of their strength. Quickness, speed, and athleticism are gone but not strength.

So, yes I'm sure.

Supreme LA
02-16-2013, 03:19 AM
I did read, I'm asking you how are you 100% sure he has his strength? Maybe you should learn to comprehend information. A 50 year old man is not stronger than a 25 year old. I don't care how you put it, your bones and muscles are never going to come back.

I don't really care what you say or think to be honest. I play against former NBA players now and I know for a fact their strength is the last physical attribute to go. If MJ wasn't stronger than MKG than how did he beat him one on one? Obviously there was a lot of post and backing down going on wouldn't you think. You're seriously...nevermind. I'm done.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Yes I'm 100% sure!!!!

The man has been abusing NBA players for years. You think MKG was the only one?? And there are plenty of players I've played against in their 40's who haven't lost their strength. Mitch Richmond and Bobby Jackson play in my Sacramento/Elk Grove 30 & over league and they certainly haven't lost any of their strength. Quickness, speed, and athleticism are gone but not strength.

So, yes I'm sure.

I can't tell if you are serious... Playing in the NBA is completely different than wherever you are playing. Jordan will consume much too energy just to make one play. Your bones are weakened and damaged. You're not getting those big healthy muscles that you had when you were young.

Supreme LA
02-16-2013, 03:22 AM
I can't tell if you are serious... Playing in the NBA is completely different than wherever you are playing. Jordan will consume much too energy just to make one play. Your bones are weakened and damaged. You're not getting those big healthy muscles that you had when you were young.

I never said his body would hold up. Reading is fundamental. I said there was no way his body would hold up an entire season or even playing over 30 mins a game. But to say he would get lost and think that he wouldn't have any success in today's game is ridiculous.

And he's not coming back. So why the hell are you debating this with me??? I just said I'm sure he has his strength.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 03:27 AM
I never said his body would hold up. Reading is fundamental. I said there was no way his body would hold up an entire season or even playing over 30 mins a game. But to say he would get lost and think that he wouldn't have any success in today's game is ridiculous.

He couldn't even hold up one full game is what I'm saying. His vision deteriorates, his muscles and bones aren't 100%, his quickness will lack. I think people are just saying it because he's MJ. The pace of the game is just too quick and energy consuming for his age.

I don't know why you keep typing "Reading is fundamental." You're the one who can't comprehend information, while also using horrific grammar on your sentences.

ILLUSIONIST^248
02-16-2013, 04:10 AM
That's cool.

He'd still be a liability on 30 out of 30 teams.

Really? I expect Jordan to a top 5 player still.:rolleyes: