PDA

View Full Version : How Will the Top 3 in the West Shake Out??

Clippersfan86
02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Just recently the Thunder had a 4 or 5 game lead on the Clippers and it's now 1.5 games. This gap closed as a result of the Thunder losing 2 in a row and the Clippers winning 4 in a row going into the break. Clippers are finally at full strength for the first time all year and I'm wondering how you guys think the top 3 will shake out?

Their remaining schedules are as such:

Thunder: 29 remaining games, 14 at home. 13 of those opponents have a +.500 record. Key opponents include the Clippers, Nuggets twice, Knicks twice, Spurs twice, Grizzlies, Warriors and the Jazz twice.

Clippers: 26 remaining games, 15 at home. 12 of those opponents have a +.500 record. Key opponents include the Thunder, Spurs twice, Nuggets, Pacers twice, Grizzlies twice and the Jazz.

Spurs: 28 remaining games, 17 at home. 15 of those opponents have a +.500 record. Key opponents include the Clippers twice, Thunder twice, Warriors three times, Nuggets twice, Rockets, Hawks and the Lakers. Lakers aren't a good team this year but are always a handful for the Spurs.

As for the Spurs they have been blowing teams out even without their stars so I don't really seem them relinquishing their top seed unless they suddenly collapse a bit, although the top 3 should be close.

The Clippers and Thunder have a shot at the top seed if either can get hot down the stretch because both teams play the Spurs twice.

Ebbs
02-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers

Clippersfan86
02-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Spurs
Thunder
Clippers

Any particular reasons you'd like to elaborate on? Any record predictions? Anything?

JEDean89
02-15-2013, 07:10 PM
clipps are too far behind to catch either SAS or OKC so they will be in 3rd unless they suffer another injury in which case they could drop to 4th. I also think SAS, due to Gregg Popovich will win the west again.

SAS
OKC
CLIPPS

agree with the first guy
4-8
Nuggets
Grizz
GSW
HOUS
UTAH

Clippersfan86
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
clipps are too far behind to catch either SAS or OKC so they will be in 3rd unless they suffer another injury in which case they could drop to 4th. I also think SAS, due to Gregg Popovich will win the west again.

SAS
OKC
CLIPPS

agree with the first guy
4-8
Nuggets
Grizz
GSW
HOUS
UTAH

Not arguing with your opinion but rather the "too far behind". Not sure if you read but I put the spread. 1.5 games back of the Thunder means 2 Clippers wins and 1 OKC loss= tied. That's extremely close. To give you an idea the Clippers at one point had 5 or 6 games over the Spurs and just 2 weeks later the Spurs were easily the one seed.

ccg34
02-15-2013, 07:17 PM
1. clipps
2. Okc
3. spurs

ManRam
02-15-2013, 07:21 PM
1. OKC
2. LAC
3. SAS

I think San Antonio's' resting will cost it a few more games than it has early on in this season. The Clip's depth will overtake them assuming full health.

Denver snags the 4 see. Memphis moves to 5. Utah 6, GS 7 and....LAL 8.

Clippersfan86
02-15-2013, 07:23 PM
1. OKC
2. LAC
3. SAS

I think San Antonio's' resting will cost it a few more games than it has early on in this season. The Clip's depth will overtake them assuming full health.

Denver snags the 4 see. Memphis moves to 5. Utah 6, GS 7 and....LAL 8.

Very interesting take. I can see the same scenario mainly because both OKC and the Clippers match up with the Spurs well this year and if the Spurs lose all 4 games to these teams, there goes most of their lead.

DallasTrilla23
02-15-2013, 08:09 PM
I think it will be

1. SAS
2. OKC
3. LAC
4. DEN
5. GSW
6. MEM
7. HOU
8. UTA

JNoel
02-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Harlem Shake? It's "How Will the Top 3 in the West shape out" :laugh2:

Blitzbolt
02-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Grizzlies schedule is REALLY easy for the second half we could easily take over 3rd spot.And not because we are a better team but the teams the Grizz play are almost all out of the playoffs.

kdspurman
02-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I think it'll go: (this is assuming Paul stays healthy)

SAS
LAC
OKC

*I don't see the Spurs going on a losing streak to cause them to dip. They had their toughest part of their schedule early on/injuries/etc... So you look at their schedule in March, and they only have 2 away games because of the road heavy schedule. They've only lost 2 games at home all year. I expect them to win a bunch of games during that span. Even when they rest guys, they're still able to win games. And Duncan/Manu have sat enough games due to injuries (vs rest) we may not see Pop sit them too often anymore.

*The Clips are putting it back together now that they're healthy. They are on a nice run, they were able to stay in the race during their big road trip and now that everyone is healthy, they look to be getting back to how they started and have 4 more home games than away. No reason to think they slow down if healthy.

*OKC has the most road games of the 3 and while I know they are capable of winning on the road, quick glance shows they have some games in Denver, Memphis, SA, Utah, GS etc... This is totally my opinion, but it'll be interesting to see how they come back after the ASB with their first game in Houston. That loss to Miami may or may not have an impact on their psyche.

TRF929
02-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Sa
okc
lac

IversonIsKrazy
02-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm gunna give the whole playoff picture even tho u just asked top 3 haha.

1. Spurs
2. Thunder
3. Clips
4. Nugz
5. Grizz
6. Warriors
7. Rockets
8. Blazers