PDA

View Full Version : Bargnani is the crappiest rebounding 7 footer in the league

VicTheWizard
02-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Bargnani has gotta be the worst rebounding 7 foot center in the league, I mean seriously 3.9 rpg in 30 mpg this season is awful, and hes less than 5 rpg for his career, he sucks!I don't know why the Bulls would consider trading away Boozer for him, the best he could do for them is be Dengs backup at SF, he's a liability out there when you see PG's winning on the boards against him, maybe he should just go back to Europe where is rebounding deficiency won't be as much of a liability.

giants73756
02-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Ok

mjt20mik
02-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Csb?

DubbyDubbs
02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
lmao very insightful thread ! :rolleyes: tell us something we dont know.

R. Johnson#3
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
To be a crappy rebounder you have to at least try and get rebounds. The only rebounds Bargnani gets are one's that hit him square in the chest.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Rumors are rumors. You'd have to be ******** to take Bargnani for Boozer.

CB29
02-15-2013, 05:44 PM
He's shooting 29% from 3pt range this season which is supposedly his special skill. That's the more alarming aspect in my book.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 05:46 PM
He's shooting 29% from 3pt range this season which is supposedly his special skill. That's the more alarming aspect in my book.

A center shouldn't even be close to the 3 pt range. Defeats the entire purpose of a center.

Hawkeye15
02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
his 7.5% rebound rate is horrific, yes.

miller74
02-15-2013, 05:52 PM
league history is more like it

Tmath
02-15-2013, 05:54 PM
:shush:... Don't let everyone know.

sep11ie
02-15-2013, 05:54 PM
The sky is blue. Grass is green. Pee is yellow. Poop is brown.

rapsjaysfan88
02-15-2013, 06:03 PM
bargs was quoted saying, I play basketball not reboundball. true story bro.

Nick O
02-15-2013, 06:06 PM
wow this thread really opened my eyes... i had no idea....... jkjkjk .. this is pretty pointless

greg_ory_2005
02-15-2013, 06:10 PM
:shush:... Don't let everyone know.

This. Don't be a snitch.

DoMeFavors
02-15-2013, 06:14 PM
But I thought it was Brook Lopez who was the worst rebounder in NBA history?

murphturph
02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Omgggg really???

DeyAce
02-15-2013, 06:31 PM
no motivation for him playing for a team that will never win an nba championship or even make the playoffs. He comes to the Bulls, he got a chance to compete.

DubbyDubbs
02-15-2013, 06:35 PM
no motivation for him playing for a team that will never win an nba championship or even make the playoffs. He comes to the Bulls, he got a chance to compete.

lol THIS... IF bargnani goes to the Bulls he will easily morph into a rebounding machine.. the city of Toronto is pulling him down by his shorts every single time he attempts to get a rebound :rolleyes: stupid.

Vancity
02-15-2013, 06:41 PM
his 7.5% rebound rate is horrific, yes.

I thought a lot about what you said so I took another 7'0 who plays on the perimeter and is also in the midst of an injury filled season (Bargnani on a back to back one)

His rebound rate is 10.1

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/609/dirk-nowitzki

I also looked at the year Reggie Evans (one of the best rebound rate guys playing) played for the Raptors in significant minutes (2010-11) Averaging 11.5 rebs you can attribute Bargnanis 1 reb per game decline there. Then his injuries have made him even less physical the last 2 years.
Raptors have other "efficient" rebounders in Fields, Lowry, Gray

Since Bargnani has been back the Raptors have been winning and his spacing/decoy has been effective. Truth is his shots are mostly contested which reflects his % because his shot is respected. This year in Wins Bargs averages 1.9 reb. In Losses 4.7 reb. hmmm

He's lost confidence at home with the fans, shooting 31 % fg and 22% at 3P
Compared to 51 % on the road and 37.5% on the road.

Stands to reason why have 3 efficient rebounders and when only one ball when you have a deficiency in putting it in the hoop from longer range and spacing for your franchise player. Why have 2 guys crash the boards following D Rose when he is efficient and leads to fast breaks against you..

Finally, the year Reggie Evans gobbled up rebounds and Bargnanis rebounds declined he also put up 21.4 ppg.

I got an idea lets put Rondo/Lowry, Tony Allen, Faried, Evans, Asik and figure out with all these great rebounders who is going to score.
Every guy has a role, lets match up Calderon-Lowry. Calderon has a great assist ratio, poor Rebound rate, yet his Est wins value is higher than Lowry.

Bulls need shooting, spacing, cap relief over an aging rebounder who has one of the worst contracts. I see the Bulls side of it... thus the offer

Not the Raptors though.

Celticsfan2007
02-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Wow, this is breaking news!

I'll be expecting to see this on ESPN, tonight...

dee279
02-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Source?

DumDum
02-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Bargnani has gotta be the worst rebounding 7 foot center in the league, I mean seriously 3.9 rpg in 30 mpg this season is awful, and hes less than 5 rpg for his career, he sucks!I don't know why the Bulls would consider trading away Boozer for him, the best he could do for them is be Dengs backup at SF, he's a liability out there when you see PG's winning on the boards against him, maybe he should just go back to Europe where is rebounding deficiency won't be as much of a liability.

Tell me something I don't know

smiddy012
02-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Source?

This.

This thread is seemingly full of Bulls fans who are just trying to make Boozer look better. Obviously, Bargnani would be more helpful to the Bulls... because he's younger, has a smaller contract, and hits a whopping 30% from behind the arc. In fact, Bargnani is so good at spacing the floor, that the Bulls would be best served by starting Deng at PF, and then Butler at SF, if they were to acquire Bargnani. That's how devastating a shooter Bargnani is.

mike_noodles
02-17-2013, 08:00 AM
A center shouldn't even be close to the 3 pt range. Defeats the entire purpose of a center.

Good thing he's a PF then.

Rndy
02-17-2013, 08:02 AM
He's pretty bad but when you break it down it's his offensive rebounding that really kills him a lot of that has to do with him being far away from the basket. Defensive rebounding career is 15.3 not good at all but not atrocious. I still would like him on the Bulls because we could mask his bad rebounding.

Sly Guy
02-17-2013, 11:22 AM
lol THIS... IF bargnani goes to the Bulls he will easily morph into a rebounding machine.. the city of Toronto is pulling him down by his shorts every single time he attempts to get a rebound :rolleyes: stupid.

lol, let them think it. This is one time where ignorance might work in our favor and we'll be able to get rid of the guy.

phoenix_bladen
02-17-2013, 11:59 AM
But... But... But....

Bargnani is the next Dirk Nowitzki!!!!!

I remember when we first drafted him people were satin watch out for the raptors we got bosh = Garnett and Bargs = dirk

Lol fun times.....

LeperMessiah
02-17-2013, 12:17 PM
You seem to have a firm grasp of the obvious.

Hawkeye15
02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I thought a lot about what you said so I took another 7'0 who plays on the perimeter and is also in the midst of an injury filled season (Bargnani on a back to back one)

His rebound rate is 10.1

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/609/dirk-nowitzki

I also looked at the year Reggie Evans (one of the best rebound rate guys playing) played for the Raptors in significant minutes (2010-11) Averaging 11.5 rebs you can attribute Bargnanis 1 reb per game decline there. Then his injuries have made him even less physical the last 2 years.
Raptors have other "efficient" rebounders in Fields, Lowry, Gray

Since Bargnani has been back the Raptors have been winning and his spacing/decoy has been effective. Truth is his shots are mostly contested which reflects his % because his shot is respected. This year in Wins Bargs averages 1.9 reb. In Losses 4.7 reb. hmmm

He's lost confidence at home with the fans, shooting 31 % fg and 22% at 3P
Compared to 51 % on the road and 37.5% on the road.

Stands to reason why have 3 efficient rebounders and when only one ball when you have a deficiency in putting it in the hoop from longer range and spacing for your franchise player. Why have 2 guys crash the boards following D Rose when he is efficient and leads to fast breaks against you..

Finally, the year Reggie Evans gobbled up rebounds and Bargnanis rebounds declined he also put up 21.4 ppg.

I got an idea lets put Rondo/Lowry, Tony Allen, Faried, Evans, Asik and figure out with all these great rebounders who is going to score.
Every guy has a role, lets match up Calderon-Lowry. Calderon has a great assist ratio, poor Rebound rate, yet his Est wins value is higher than Lowry.

Bulls need shooting, spacing, cap relief over an aging rebounder who has one of the worst contracts. I see the Bulls side of it... thus the offer

Not the Raptors though.

I mean, you can come up with what you want, but being a bottom feeder in rebound rate every single year is not a good thing for a PF/C. Dirk's all time rebound rate of 12.9% is 3 higher than Bargnani, even though he plays the same role, and is perimeter oriented.

Does playing next to great rebounders hurt your numbers? Sure. But Bargnani is continually one of the worst rebounders in the PF/C position. He just doesn't give the effort.

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I mean, you can come up with what you want, but being a bottom feeder in rebound rate every single year is not a good thing for a PF/C. Dirk's all time rebound rate of 12.9% is 3 higher than Bargnani, even though he plays the same role, and is perimeter oriented.

Does playing next to great rebounders hurt your numbers? Sure. But Bargnani is continually one of the worst rebounders in the PF/C position. He just doesn't give the effort.

I don't think it's effort. The dude is just a softy. I played basketball the other day and picked a tall 6"5 kid who can't even box out. Too soft, needs to put some muscle.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
this is like making a thread to tell us 1+1=2. No need to tell us something so damn obvious

Celtics33
02-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the insight I don't think anyone realized this.

NoahH
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Bargnani has gotta be the worst 7 foot center in the league

Fixed

Hawkeye15
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think it's effort. The dude is just a softy. I played basketball the other day and picked a tall 6"5 kid who can't even box out. Too soft, needs to put some muscle.

Well, he also is not a fundamental rebounder to begin with.

Sactown
02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Bargnani is just trolling, wait till he's traded. He's going to post 25/10

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2013, 02:33 PM

I watch alot of Raptors...it's definitely effort.

netsgiantsyanks
02-17-2013, 02:36 PM
ok cool-lil b

Sactown
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Bargnani will be a top 5 PF if traded.

ManRam
02-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Bargnani will be a top 5 PF if traded.

Duncan, Griffin, Millsap, Davis, West, KG, Ryan Anderson, Amare, Lee, Ibaka, Love, ZBo, D West are all laughing at you right now.

Sactown
02-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Duncan, Griffin, Millsap, Davis, West, KG, Ryan Anderson, Amare, Lee, Ibaka, Love, ZBo, D West are all laughing at you right now.

Bargnani will be laughing at those PF's as he knocks down back to back triples.

b@llhog24
02-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Why are they laughing?

Bargnani>ALL.

Sactown
02-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Why are they laughing?

Bargnani>ALL.

Bargnani is going to be an all-star once he leaves the Raptors. BOOK IT

ManRam
02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Bargnani will be laughing at those PF's as he knocks down back to back triples.

Haha. Because that's what matters most...threes! :laugh:

A power forward who doesn't rebound, defend or score in the paint...but hey he shoots 29.7% from three!!!

Bargs is terrible.

Sactown
02-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Haha. Because that's what matters most...threes! :laugh:

A power forward who doesn't rebound, defend or score in the paint...but hey he shoots 29.7% from three!!!

Bargs is terrible.
That's because he plays for Toronto.. Look at his road game %. He hates Canada . Just wait till he plays meaningful games.

ManRam
02-17-2013, 03:02 PM
That's because he plays for Toronto.. Look at his road game %. He hates Canada . Just wait till he plays meaningful games.

OK. If you say so!

Sactown
02-17-2013, 03:07 PM
Bargnani does things with the ball most PF's wish they could do.

ManRam
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Bargnani does things with the ball most PF's wish they could do.

And doesn't do a lot of things that even the most average PFs can do in their sleep...

Sactown
02-17-2013, 03:34 PM
And doesn't do a lot of things that even the most average PFs can do in their sleep...

Bargnani can do it, he just doesn't want to for the team he's on! Wait till he's on the Heat

b@llhog24
02-17-2013, 03:45 PM

Haters gonna hate...

Bargnani can do it, he just doesn't want to for the team he's on! Wait till he's on the Heat

Yea he's just being a good teammate, he has to leave some stats for the other players to pick up. Not like Kevin Love who steals all of his teammate's rebounds. :pity:

Sactown
02-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Haters gonna hate...

Yea he's just being a good teammate, he has to leave some stats for the other players to pick up. Not like Kevin Love who steals all of his teammate's rebounds. :pity:

Seriously, Basketball's a team sport.. it's all about equal opportunity.

Tmath
02-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Seriously, Basketball's a team sport.. it's all about equal opportunity.

I guess you wouldn't mind a trade of Cousins for Bargnani then?

Sactown
02-17-2013, 03:57 PM
I guess you wouldn't mind a trade of Cousins for Bargnani then?

Hold your horses.. Sacramento is a place where careers come to die.. I don't want that for Bargnani

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Why would Miami want Bargnani? No defense, can't rebound, and can't even shoot.
Cousins ain't a team player so maybe he come to Miami for Joel Anthony.

greg_ory_2005
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Bargs is the best looking guy in the league. You Bargnani haters :pity:

Raps18-19 Champ
02-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Lol. No **** he's a bad rebounder.

Sactown
02-17-2013, 04:26 PM

When it comes to rebounds, Bargnani is the greatest there ever was!

Said no one ever

Mile High Champ
02-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Well thanks for bringing new information to the table.

Johann
02-17-2013, 04:35 PM
He is of the Italian heritage, which explains his love for Primo Pasta.

Primo, means "Of top quality or importance."

Since Bargnani is essentially 98% Primo pasta, he is basically Primo; Top quality or importance.

b@llhog24
02-17-2013, 08:28 PM

We play basket-ball, not rebound-ball.

:worthy:

bucketss
02-17-2013, 08:50 PM
its basketball not reboundball - bargnani