PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger on the block??? Detroit Pistons would make a great fit!!!

Detroit_Player
02-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Since the emergence of Paul George this season, Pacers could be willing to deal the veteran star and I believe the Detroit Pistons could make a great offer for him and would make a great fit...

Pistons trade:
Rodney Stuckey
Jonas Jerebko
(Another salary filler)
Plus draft picks

for

Pacers trade:
Danny Granger
(Other assets)

So what do you guys think??? Pacers would be noticeably giving Paul George the "star" title and keeping him at the SF position where he's been excelling while getting a nice piece in Stuckey who can work the SG spot for them and Jerebko who can help the front court out tremendously behind west. And for the other side, Pistons could be possibly getting that missing piece to boost their "rebuilding" stage finally and find their replacement for Tayshaun Prince.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Bad trade for Pacers. They really need Granger. Perhaps Gordon for Granger? Idk.

koreancabbage
02-15-2013, 03:39 PM
Bad trade for Pacers. They really need Granger. Perhaps Gordon for Granger? Idk.

that would be great for the Pacers.

Hellcrooner
02-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Detroit can afford to give away Knight now ( i assume if granger is brought calderon would sign back).
they should start the package around him.
Adn yes, makes sesne for Pistons to trade for him.

Sactown
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
I definitely think if the Pacers are shopping Granger they should call NOH, Granger and a 1st for Gordon?

Detroit_Player
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
The pacers would also be getting the pistons draft pick which could be a secured top 15 pick as well.....????

Pacerlive
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Granger will be traded in the off season if at all.

All things coming at of the FO is that they don't want to trade him and his value is pretty low considering he hasn't played a game. He will also go for a lot more than jonas and Stuckey which is about as insulting as McKnight for Tyler H.

Eric Gordon doesn't work either since the Pacers are dead set on keeping West and they can't afford 3 max contracts and West.

They will move Granger for draftpicks and/or a rookie contract since they can't take back too much in salaries which would hinder signing West and PG which are the 2 most important pieces going forward.

Chronz
02-15-2013, 04:17 PM
The worst offensive team in the league wont even give Granger a tryout this year?

RipCity32
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
The pacers would also be getting the pistons draft pick which could be a secured top 15 pick as well.....????

we can't trade that pick until draft night.Bobcats have rights to it if its not a lottery pick.

IndyRealist
02-15-2013, 04:19 PM
No to Stuckey, Knight, or anybody not named Monroe or Drummond, and Detroit's not giving them up. The only other person the Pacers could reasonably use is Kyle Singler as a designated shooter. Detroit just doesn't have the kind of assets that the Pacers are looking for.

Gators123
02-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Not going to happen.

Vincent Ellis ‏@Vincent_Ellis56

Don't see #Pistons doing anything major like Granger before trade deadline. Two sources telling me that today.

IndyRealist
02-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Granger will be traded in the off season if at all.

All things coming at of the FO is that they don't want to trade him and his value is pretty low considering he hasn't played a game. He will also go for a lot more than jonas and Stuckey which is about as insulting as McKnight for Tyler H.

Eric Gordon doesn't work either since the Pacers are dead set on keeping West and they can't afford 3 max contracts and West.

They will move Granger for draftpicks and/or a rookie contract since they can't take back too much in salaries which would hinder signing West and PG which are the 2 most important pieces going forward.

This, except I can see them trading for expiring contracts, a rookie, and maybe a pick, since so few teams have room to absorb a contract of Granger's size.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Pacers trade Roy Hibbert and Danny Granger for Dwight Howard.

Pacerlive
02-15-2013, 04:29 PM
pacers trade roy hibbert and danny granger for dwight howard.

Not unless he is resigned.

VicTheWizard
02-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I think this would be a great deal for Detroit, a starting 5 of calderon, knight, granger, drummond, and Monroe, Detroit imo could be a top 4 team in the east next season

PacersForLife
02-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I don't see us trading Danny during the season. We need his scoring. Also, we could do better than Stuckey and some leftovers. I think the team will look at what they can get for Granger in the off-season and if they can't get anything that will be an obvious improvement/equal talent, then we will just keep Granger.

I would love to trade Granger for Gordon if we knew Gordon would be able to stay healthy, but that seems unlikely.