PDA

View Full Version : Bosh named all-star starter

bmxrider9
02-15-2013, 02:12 PM
I sometimes forget Bosh is even on the team with LeBron and Wade. LOL at Spoelstra starting him over Kyrie.

boateng
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Would have preferred Kyrie but oh well, he was always going to go for his own player.

ManRam
02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Don't really care one bit...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-15-2013, 02:14 PM
yikes

beasted86
02-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Haters gon' be mad!!! :laugh2:

Kyrie is on the 3rd worst team in the NBA, and Bosh is on the 3rd best team in the NBA. The Cavs were losing long before Varejao or anyone else got injured, so I don't want to hear any excuses. The fact that Irving even made the all-star team was a stretch beyond conventional voting in the past.

Nick O
02-15-2013, 02:18 PM
how can you forget?? he means more to the heat than wade does.... he avgerages like 18 and 7 shooting almost 57% ... he just doesnt get the ball ... hes more important than wade

Raps08-09 Champ
02-15-2013, 02:19 PM
This was announced like a week ago. and we all agreed that Kyrie was playing better already.

Sactown
02-15-2013, 02:19 PM
I can't wait for the day Wade is extremely declined so Bosh can get some of the credit he deserves

Nick O
02-15-2013, 02:23 PM
I can't wait for the day Wade is extremely declined so Bosh can get some of the credit he deserves

i know its rediculous ... that team would still be where they are without wade.. probably cant say the same without bosh

beasted86
02-15-2013, 02:23 PM
how can you forget?? he means more to the heat than wade does.... he avgerages like 18 and 7 shooting almost 57% ... he just doesnt get the ball ... hes more important than wade

No. He's very important, but no. Bosh is not a closer on the HEAT and doesn't have the defensive impact Wade does.

kdspurman
02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Bosh/KG shouldn't be starting but they are. Doesn't matter at this point, his coach earned the right to pick whomever he wanted. I'd imagine Kyrie will end up playing more in that game anyway

bmxrider9
02-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Aren't allstar games based on individual performances? Wouldn't you think a PG should be replaced by a PG? I know heat fans are homers, but damn, they are dumb do. A little common sense goes a long way bruh!

And yes, I'm a Cleveland fan and I also have no anger towards the Heat or LeBron so I'll spare your brain the 10 minutes I'm sure it would take you to connect the dots. LeBron is still my favorite player in the NBA.

Sactown
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
No. He's very important, but no. Bosh is not a closer on the HEAT and doesn't have the defensive impact Wade does.

I disagree, I think Bosh is a more valuable asset and is harder to replace. There are 3-4 good backup guards on that team who can fill Wades spot, Bosh on the team is practically irreplaceable, as the Heat already have limited big bodies, especially talented ones.

Sactown
02-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Aren't allstar games based on individual performances? Wouldn't you think a PG should be replaced by a PG? I know heat fans are homers, but damn, they are dumb do. A little common sense goes a long way bruh!

And yes, I'm a Cleveland fan and I also have no anger towards the Heat or LeBron so I'll spare your brain the 10 minutes I'm sure it would take you to connect the dots. LeBron is still my favorite player in the NBA.
Eh, in an All-Star game I don't think it matters who starts, but who gets minutes. Maybe Spo thought the 2nd unit needed a playmaker more than the 1st.. Kyrie will probably get a high volume of minutes, but to say he's >>> Bosh I think is incorrect.

jmoney85
02-15-2013, 02:31 PM
chandler or lopez deserve it more than bosh

bmxrider9
02-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Eh, in an All-Star game I don't think it matters who starts, but who gets minutes. Maybe Spo thought the 2nd unit needed a playmaker more than the 1st.. Kyrie will probably get a high volume of minutes, but to say he's >>> Bosh I think is incorrect.

Well have to agree to disagree on that one. If you asked every GM in the NBA who they would rather have between Bosh/Kyrie.....I'm willing to bet the bank the answer is unanimous in Kyrie's favor

Big Zo
02-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Boshy Bearrrr!!! Boshing here and there and everywhereeee!!!

Nick O
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM

bosh can be a closer... they dont let him.. remember that celtic game a couple weeks back.. bosh didnt even touch the ball in the 4th despite shooting a high percentage.. and wade essentially lost miami that game .. that he averages what he does despite never getting plays run for him says something .. look at his last 2 games. he can do it all man .. .. and if wade went down look at the back ups.. Lewis and allen.. not exactly scrubs.. bosh goes down who ya got? haslem? anthony... that wont cut it

beasted86
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Well have to agree to disagree on that one. If you asked every GM in the NBA who they would rather have between Bosh/Kyrie.....I'm willing to bet the bank the answer is unanimous in Kyrie's favor

That isn't the question to ask. Every GM would take a 20yr old star PG only in his 2nd season with tons of room to improve rather than a soon to be 29 yr old.

The question to ask is which player gives a team the best chance to win, and right now the answer to that question isn't clear. Because I promise if you swapped Kyrie on Miami the team would be remarkably worse. That comparison can go a lot of different ways depending on the team, IE: Kyrie might win if it were the Lakers using both players (though a jumpshooting PF next to Howard might be just what the team needs). But it's definitely not clear that Kyrie gives a team a better chance to win than Bosh.

ManRam
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Irving's been better than Bosh, but it really hasn't been by much.

Bosh vs. Chandler and Lopez is also really close.

Bosh has Tyson beat in PER. Lopez has Bosh beat in PER. Chandler has Bosh beat in win shares. Bosh has Lopez beat in win shares. Lopez scores the most. Bosh isn't far behind. Chandler never makes a bad decision on offense. You can play this game all day with these three...

Usually coaches fill in spots with the players with the most votes. Bosh had the 4th most front court votes, and well more than Irving. At the very least Spo could use that and it would be 100% legit.

LongIslandIcedZ
02-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Not really surprised by the pick, I mean Spolestra is the coach. Probably should have been Irving/Holliday/Lopez/Chandler, but it truly isnt a big deal.

DoMeFavors
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Kind of suprised by this, I would think Spo would want to start a low post center like Brook. When he loses it for us in the east he is too blame

naps
02-15-2013, 02:51 PM
i know its rediculous ... that team would still be where they are without wade.. probably cant say the same without bosh

:facepalm:

Big Zo
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Look at it this way, people: We almost had two starters from a crappy 7th seed team. Lol

Minimal
02-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Some of you don't think deeper. Spoelstra wants to win, doesn't matter if this game is meaningless in some way. LeBron and Wade were locked starters, now Bosh is someone who plays on the same team with them, he knows the plays, he knows LeBron and Wade well, there will be chemistry on the floor with LeBron, Wade and Bosh starting, something I'm not sure of if Kyrie would have been starting. Same thing happened in 2011 all-star game were 4 east reserves were Boston players, and at one point Doc put all of them into the game.

Spo is a coach, not a showman.

justinnum1
02-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Some butt hurt peeps in here :dance:

JiffyMix88
02-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Bosh has Tyson beat in PER. Lopez has Bosh beat in PER. Chandler has Bosh beat in win shares. Bosh has Lopez beat in win shares. Lopez scores the most. Bosh isn't far behind. Chandler never makes a bad decision on offense. You can play this game all day with these three...

Usually coaches fill in spots with the players with the most votes. Bosh had the 4th most front court votes, and well more than Irving. At the very least Spo could use that and it would be 100% legit.

I don't know why but while reading this, I read it as if I was reading a Dr. Seuss book lol

hugepatsfan
02-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Disgrace. The NBA sacrifices what is fair for the sake of marketing far more than any other sport. What if Kyrie has a tragic career ending injury the first game back? Then he'd never get to start an all star game and that's not fair at all because he should be. The NBA is such a pathetic excuse for a sports league IMO. All about making money off of individuals and big market teams. Nothing is ever about the good of the game.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 02:59 PM
The way Bosh has been playing lately, no one deserves it more.. Bosh finally gets some appreciation.

hugepatsfan
02-15-2013, 03:00 PM

Anyone that buys any reason other than
1) Spo was being a homer or
2) they picked Bosh because having the MIA big 3 is more marketable
is stupid.

Big Zo
02-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Disgrace. The NBA sacrifices what is fair for the sake of marketing far more than any other sport. What if Kyrie has a tragic career ending injury the first game back? Then he'd never get to start an all star game and that's not fair at all because he should be. The NBA is such a pathetic excuse for a sports league IMO. All about making money off of individuals and big market teams. Nothing is ever about the good of the game.

What if people voted for Kyrie, instead of overrated Rondo, and old fart KG?

Sadds The Gr8
02-15-2013, 03:02 PM
lol what a biased ****er...Kyrie should've taken that spot.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Kyrie isn't playing better than Bosh though.. Look at the numbers Bosh is putting up.

Minimal
02-15-2013, 03:07 PM
If Bosh was playing in Cleveland he would of been consider the best PF in the NBA, along with Duncan. He deserves the spot.

Also Spo deserves this decision, his team is the best in the East, thats why he is coaching the east allstar team.

Sactown
02-15-2013, 03:07 PM

Absolutely every GM should take a 20 year old future superstar PG over an All-Star PF who is in his prime, but right now, Bosh is probably IMO a little bit better player than Kyrie.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 03:09 PM
If Bosh was playing in Cleveland he would of been consider the best PF in the NBA, along with Duncan. He deserves the spot.

Also Spo deserves this decision, his team is the best in the East, thats why he is coaching the east allstar team.

Very true. Bosh doesn't even have as much of an opportunity to put numbers up like Kyrie. Bosh would be averaging 25 PPG if he had his own team.

29$JerZ
02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
It doesn't matter.
We'll see Miami as 60% of the starting lineup and then see Kyrie lob it up for Chandler, Deng, and George in the 2nd unit. I'm not sure how he is going to use Lopez or Noah.

hugepatsfan
02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Kyrie isn't playing better than Bosh though.. Look at the numbers Bosh is putting up.

It's about position. They're replacing Rondo, a guard, with Bosh, a F/C just for the sake of having the more marketable story of the MIA Big 3 all starting. They're not even trying to pretend like it's for any other reason. They probably just figure anyone that follows the NBA is used to that sort of stuff by now so it will go unnoticed (and it will, mostly).

What if people voted for Kyrie, instead of overrated Rondo, and old fart KG?

You're actually making my point. The NBA uses fan voting because all it cares about is having the most marketable story possible. That's why Rondo was in over Kyrie and why KG got voted in over the more deserving F/Cs.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 03:15 PM
It's about position. They're replacing Rondo, a guard, with Bosh, a F/C just for the sake of having the more marketable story of the MIA Big 3 all starting. They're not even trying to pretend like it's for any other reason. They probably just figure anyone that follows the NBA is used to that sort of stuff by now so it will go unnoticed (and it will, mostly).

You're actually making my point. The NBA uses fan voting because all it cares about is having the most marketable story possible. That's why Rondo was in over Kyrie and why KG got voted in over the more deserving F/Cs.

The All Star game is a fun and exciting event.. I would rather see KG there than someone who really deserves it like Noah because the game has turned from real competition to who has the better in game dunk. Last year, LeBron was the only one on the East trying to win. Everyone else was busy chucking up shots and letting the other team get a free dunk.

Position wise, LeBron can play any position. Him at PG, Wade at SG, KG, Bosh, and Carmelo for the front court. I don't see anything wrong with it. All in all, the rotation of players are going to change anyways. I don't even take the All Star game seriously anymore. There are less than a handful amount of players who actually care.

TheNumber37
02-15-2013, 03:16 PM
WACK!

Kyrie should get the start for the good of the league.
Actuallyl if you ask me.., Kyrie>Bosh

I think Spo is using this chance to see what it could be like with Lebron at the point.

ManRam
02-15-2013, 03:16 PM
is stupid.

So I'm stupid? Got it!

I don't doubt that Bosh being his own guy played into it, but Bosh had more votes than any other non-starter. There is a strong precedence for coaches replacing starters with the next highest vote-getter :shrug:

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Man, you guys are quick to hate on any Miami Heat employee. Remember last year when Chicago Bulls head coach sat Rose out so Rose could rest? The head coach does what he wants for his team because they have the best record... If it was Byron Scott, he would've chose Irving.

PC
02-15-2013, 03:29 PM
I thought Kyrie deserved it over Bosh and he would have been a much better fit too. I know it's the all star game but Melo at the 2? I'd be kind of interested in seeing how the spacing works out as well

I just think a starting lineup for Kyrie - Wade - Melo - LeBron - KG would make much more sense but it is what it is, no big deal really

CHANGO
02-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Who the **** is the coach? Who takes the decisions? Thanks...

Nick O
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Kind of suprised by this, I would think Spo would want to start a low post center like Brook. When he loses it for us in the east he is too blame

who gives a **** who wins tho? lol

Minimal
02-15-2013, 03:33 PM
I thought Kyrie deserved it over Bosh and he would have been a much better fit too. I know it's the all star game but Melo at the 2? I'd be kind of interested in seeing how the spacing works out as well

I just think a starting lineup for Kyrie - Wade - Melo - LeBron - KG would make much more sense but it is what it is, no big deal really
I think LeBron will be the point guard and handle the ball, Wade on 2 and Melo on 3.

kntresistheheat
02-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I think Jordan will replace Irving in the Allstar game. Feb 17 is his birthday and the game is on that day. Hey they did it for magic.

justinnum1
02-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Keep the tears flowing ladies.

PC
02-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I think LeBron will be the point guard and handle the ball, Wade on 2 and Melo on 3.

Yea you're right that'd make more sense.

I mean I could see why Spo chose Bosh but I personally think Kyrie should be starting

justinnum1
02-15-2013, 03:41 PM
bron
wade
melo
bosh
kg

makes sense.
:)

gotoHcarolina52
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
The right choice. :clap:

Nick O
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
bron
wade
melo
bosh
Kg

makes sense.
:)

KG doesnt

Lakers + Giants
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Doesn't matter the all-star game is lame anyways. Don't know why people are so sensitive to see bosh starting.

mjt20mik
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
like a bosh.. he deserved it

The Flash
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Positionless basketball my friends

kozelkid
02-15-2013, 04:37 PM
is stupid.

So I'm stupid? Got it!

I don't doubt that Bosh being his own guy played into it, but Bosh had more votes than any other non-starter. There is a strong precedence for coaches replacing starters with the next highest vote-getter :shrug:

Maybe not stupid. I'd go with naive. :)

dimgim
02-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Im a huge Miami Heat fan but I dont agree with coach Spo on this, it really should be Kyrie starting you can even say numbers wise Lopez deserved it more. Alot Heat fans need to remember when Miami didnt have superstars and were like Cleveland is now crazy how homery alot of my fellow Heat fans are these days

justinnum1
02-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Doesn't matter the all-star game is lame anyways. Don't know why people are so sensitive to see bosh starting.

Some people just enjoy getting mad.

Hitman 3:16
02-16-2013, 04:57 PM
I was under the impression that the NBA took the "Center" position out of the All-Star game, not the Point Guard position.

And plus, I thought the criteria was now any 2 guards and 3 front court players. With this lineup that the Heat coach is putting out, it's just 1 guard and 4 front court players.

I understand it's only the All-star game, but when you go through the trouble of voting for players (2 guards and front court players) and then the coaches are restricted to picking the reserves (specifically 2 guards and 3 front court players along with 2 wildcard players), doesn't that voting and selection process lose its essence?

Teeboy1487
02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Who cares? This is a none issue in my opinion.

dimgim
02-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Who cares? This is a none issue in my opinion.

With all the issues the Lakers have I would guess so, maybe we should ask Howards dad his opinion :-)

justinnum1
02-16-2013, 05:07 PM
I was under the impression that the NBA took the "Center" position out of the All-Star game, not the Point Guard position.

And plus, I thought the criteria was now any 2 guards and 3 front court players. With this lineup that the Heat coach is putting out, it's just 1 guard and 4 front court players.

I understand it's only the All-star game, but when you go through the trouble of voting for players (2 guards and front court players) and then the coaches are restricted to picking the reserves (specifically 2 guards and 3 front court players along with 2 wildcard players), doesn't that voting and selection process lose its essence?

Lebron can play PG as good as anyone in the league. Don't see what all the fuss is about.

SportsFanatic10
02-16-2013, 06:36 PM
:clap:

RLundi
02-16-2013, 06:56 PM
I sometimes forget Bosh is even on the team with LeBron and Wade. LOL at Spoelstra starting him over Kyrie. Bet RuPaul, I mean Bosh gave him a hell of a blowie as a thank you.

Why is Erik Spoelstra's penis on your mind?

IKnowHoops
02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
is stupid.

Of course this is right. Much more so the homer part. It would be a slap in the face to a player for his coach to not select him in that scenario. A coach has every right to take his player in that situation.

bmxrider9
02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
NOT 1......NOT 2......BUT 3 Air balls?!?!?! Had the ball put between his legs TWICE!?!?? Got dunked on?

Chris Bosh ladies and gentleman!

Becks2307
02-17-2013, 10:50 PM
hahaha bosh

GREATNESS ONE
02-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Bosh be mad llullz

kdspurman
02-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Bosh is providing ooh's and ahh's. Gotta admit he's earning his spot

YoungOne
02-17-2013, 10:53 PM
a joke of an all star :D

koreancabbage
02-17-2013, 11:03 PM
NOT 1......NOT 2......BUT 3 Air balls?!?!?! Had the ball put between his legs TWICE!?!?? Got dunked on?

Chris Bosh ladies and gentleman!

Lol a key contributor to a championship team. All star and deflated numbers. At least he is providing the entertainment for those PGs to dance around

Sactown
02-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Bosh is straight troooolllinn the All-Star game

LAKobeBryant
02-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Bosh is a laughing stock. 3 air balls and get crossed 2x.

RenegadeRiot36
02-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Im actually glad now it happened. Bosh already airballed three shots and had it dribbled through his legs TWICE. I wouldve loved Kyrie to start, but Bosh embarrassing himself is priceless.

Big Zo
02-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Bosh is winning another championship this year. :)

OceanSpray
02-17-2013, 11:50 PM
hating on Bosh because he has the guts to try something new...

LAKobeBryant
02-17-2013, 11:59 PM
hating on Bosh because he has the guts to try something new...

What are you talking about. What "new" thing is he trying? He take 3s regularly in game, maybe trying set most air balls in the all-star game, ok.

deaner
02-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Spolstra exposed Bosh tonight. He's horrible.

Nick O
02-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Spolstra exposed Bosh tonight. He's horrible.

it was an all star game.. who cares.. he clearly isnt horrible.....

BBallfan8
02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
I know its an all star game and it doesn't matter... but Bosh is the single reason the East lost. Would have been nice to see my boy Melo win the MVP.

Nick O
02-18-2013, 12:55 AM
I know its an all star game and it doesn't matter... but Bosh is the single reason the East lost. Would have been nice to see my boy Melo win the MVP.

bingo

Teeboy1487
02-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Bosh definitely stood out. That's all I can say.

gotoHcarolina52
02-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Bosh stunk up the place. Bad. It was a Dan Uggla type ASG performance.

justinnum1
02-18-2013, 01:22 AM
bosh has an awful game every 6 or 7 games. considering he has been avg 22/10/3 on 70% shooting since returning from the flu, i am glad he got his bad game out in this one. now he can continue helping miami win and pus the win streak to 7 :)

gotoHcarolina52
02-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Chris Bosh. Grade: F

Here's what we know: Chris Bosh got nutmegged in the All-Star Game. Twice. He also airballed a couple of shots and really looked exhausted out there.

Here's what we don't know but can assume: Chris Bosh had a great All-Star Weekend.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21722866/nightly-grades-21713-2013-nba-all-star-game

:laugh:

Patriot Pride
02-18-2013, 01:39 AM
Really no excuse for air balls or throwing away inbounds passes at any level of basketball.

Agree with others if Kyrie had started the east would have won.

JNoel
02-18-2013, 01:58 AM
He was drunk af.

Nick O
02-18-2013, 02:02 AM
Really no excuse for air balls or throwing away inbounds passes at any level of basketball.

Agree with others if Kyrie had started the east would have won.

this may be true but perhaps more importantly who gives a ****?

Super.
02-18-2013, 02:04 AM
Haters gon' be mad!!! :laugh2:

Kyrie is on the 3rd worst team in the NBA, and Bosh is on the 3rd best team in the NBA. The Cavs were losing long before Varejao or anyone else got injured, so I don't want to hear any excuses. The fact that Irving even made the all-star team was a stretch beyond conventional voting in the past.

Kyrie a stretch?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

WITZ
02-18-2013, 02:12 AM
Bosh sure made spoelstra look smart for starting him :laugh:

koreancabbage
02-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Bosh sure made spoelstra look smart for starting him :laugh:

why do people still care if he did or not? so what, its an all star game, street ball moves and play are all over the place. the nutmegging would not have happened in a real game for the most part, let alone twice (which were funny btw)

people put too much weight in these games about how a player's performance. even if they started Irving, i think they still would have lost.

sventhedog
02-18-2013, 12:33 PM
great move by spo. parker and paul were able to continue practicing for the skills challenge next year. lol.

ChitownSports16
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Noah should of started. End of story. Good to see my boy Noah finish the game.

lakerboy
02-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Chris Bosh trended on twitter for 3 hours yesterday. You guys should look for his photobomb picture

sager729
02-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Bosh was god awful yesterday. Just terrible, so bad I laughed out loud. Very funny.

D-Leethal
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
http://twitpic.com/c4qbjr

He115ing
02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
after watching Bosh play yesterday I have to say that he does not belong anywhere close to the all star game.

sager729
02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
http://twitpic.com/c4qbjr

****ing awesome!!

Here is a round up of Bosh's night.

Bosh's rough night at the All Star game! (http://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/super-page/chris-bosh-doing-it-big-at-the-all-star-game/)

JiffyMix88
02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Did I miss the 4th airball yet?