PDA

View Full Version : Bostons plans to restrict Rubby De La Rosa

RaginRondo17
02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
So, the Sox are mindful of the twin need to regulate his workload both given the stage of his recovery from surgery and because his workload baseline remains relatively modest.

What does that mean? The Sox are unlikely to use De La Rosa during spring training in stints of more than two innings. The team will likely maintain innings restrictions on him early in the season, and then slowly build up the length of his outings towards the middle of the year. There’s no hard and fast innings target for the right-hander for the season, though certainly, if he could build on his prior career-high of 110 innings — perhaps by moving up to 120 or 130 frames — that would represent a player development success in the eyes of the organization.

Full Article (http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/02/15/how-the-red-sox-plan-to-proceed-with-rubby-de-la-rosa-this-year/)

Thoughts? Personally I can't wait to see him pitch, I am excited to see if he can come back after TJ surgery and throw like he did before. I had hopes of him maybe even cracking the rotation out of camp but that looks unlikely and looks like Boston wants to save his arm for maybe later in the year where it might be more meaningful.

AI
02-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Makes perfect sense.

RedSoxtober
02-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Agreed. With a stable full of ponies for the rotation already it makes more sense to build him slowly, let him work with Pedro on his changeup, and plan for a bigger role in 2014-15.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-18-2013, 10:39 AM
It makes perfect sense. I will be making sure that I watch him in Pawtucket. Super excited about his addition.

postman47
02-18-2013, 10:54 AM
They should take it easy with this guy. He has a lot of talent, but will be of no use if he is rushed or overused at this stage. The team must think of the future, both for him and the team.

ciaban
03-11-2013, 07:22 AM
I thought a lot of those here were angry about the trade that brought him over here

bagwell368
03-11-2013, 07:25 AM
I thought a lot of those here were angry about the trade that brought him over here

Angry about the deal? The only way that deal would have been near fair was if we shipped LAD another $35M in cash.

Nomar
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah bad move by LA. I think it would still favor us if we only got one of the two arms too. Ned doesn't impress me.

ciaban
03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Angry about the deal? The only way that deal would have been near fair was if we shipped LAD another $35M in cash.

I'm referring to the general reaction of this forum after the trade went down

and 35 mill effectively covers beckett's contract

ciaban
03-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah bad move by LA. I think it would still favor us if we only got one of the two arms too. Ned doesn't impress me.

had u only got Webster i don't think u would have been very happy

-Lavigne43-
03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm referring to the general reaction of this forum after the trade went down

and 35 mill effectively covers beckett's contract

Angry? 99% of people were ecstatic and couldn't believe we were able to cut all that money and still get players of value back.

ciaban
03-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Angry? 99% of people were ecstatic and couldn't believe we were able to cut all that money and still get players of value back.

i must be remembering things differently, a lot seemed upset that Adrian was being traded, and were hoping to keep him, Beckett and Crawford everyone here seemed happy to let them go.

Nomar
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
i must be remembering things differently, a lot seemed upset that Adrian was being traded, and were hoping to keep him, Beckett and Crawford everyone here seemed happy to let them go.

I think you're just misunderstanding. None of us wanted to see Gonzalez go, but overall we had to be happy about the trade. I wouldn't undo the trade, or even think about it.

bagwell368
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM

The tide was against Adrian, although some have come back seeing as to how much we got out of him in the deal. I'm probably the single biggest Adrian fan on here, but, I wouldn't raise a finger against that deal, just a voice against those that say Adrian sucks.

bagwell368
03-16-2013, 09:22 PM
I think you're just misunderstanding. None of us wanted to see Gonzalez go, but overall we had to be happy about the trade. I wouldn't undo the trade, or even think about it.

No.... it was worse than 50/50 in support of Adrian during last season, more piled on as his SLG% went down.

ciaban
03-17-2013, 01:06 AM
The tide was against Adrian, although some have come back seeing as to how much we got out of him in the deal. I'm probably the single biggest Adrian fan on here, but, I wouldn't raise a finger against that deal, just a voice against those that say Adrian sucks.

I agree I remember some being critical of him though there really wasn't much he could do about the teams overall performance hell if anyone questions his character I would like to point out he played RF with no complaint in NL parks. Alot of giants fans have been real critical of him because of his decline in home runs

Bo Sox Fan
03-17-2013, 05:36 AM
I was never more ecstatic about a Red Sox acquisition than when we finally landed Gonzalez, and I could still live with Beckett for 2 more years. But then there was Carl Crawford with Juane Pierre skills making $140 million?