PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Nash & Howard Playing Like ****?

MetroMan
02-15-2013, 06:01 AM
:confused:

season is near done and Nash has been struggling all year, so is Howard. We all expected something magnificent but all we have is a bucket of horse ****. What went wrong? Nash got his wish by keeping Gasol and signing Pringle the pickle. We dont see oops or nothing. And now Buss is dying and the Lakers are dying with him.

TheRazorboy
02-15-2013, 06:20 AM
We all expected something magnificent

For anyone who isn't a Lakers fan, that's exactly what we got.

thephoenixson28
02-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Howard is already checked out, and Nash being a Phoenix sun and everything decided the only way to destroy evil, is to play for the dark side, that way it makes it easier to tank and make the rival lakers lose. Not only did they lose but they gave up picks. Thank you Nash for destroying the lakers. Hahaha

Chuck Taylor
02-15-2013, 07:42 AM
They don't like each other.

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Kobe fault ... PSD's logic according to the haters

psperry34116
02-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Howard is not healthy and has not been healthy all year. He can barely move around in the paint, cant jump and just generally looks like a shell of himself. Hell probably have surgery in the offseason but if he had it now hed miss the year.
As for Nash, you have to assume its a combination of age and his limited role in the offense with Kobe. Steve Nash has never played with another ballhandler and he just doesnt look explosive enough to make consistent plays. Still though, hes having yet another 50-40-90 year with 12 points and 7 and a half assists, so the Lakers got little less than they paid for.

TrueFan420
02-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Kobe fault ... PSD's logic according to the haters

He does share in the blame tho. It's not all Dwight's fault like many laker fans like to make it out to be.

hugepatsfan
02-15-2013, 08:20 AM
I think they is playing like **** cuz they don't be on the same page and stuff.

Raidaz4Life
02-15-2013, 08:35 AM
He does share in the blame tho. It's not all Dwight's fault like many laker fans like to make it out to be.

I agree to an extent but he is not a main part of the problem. The biggest part of the problem is playing an unhealthy and unmotivated Dwight on a nightly basis.

rockbottom2010
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
by far the worst season of his career...his preferred destination is brooklyn...and most likely he will get his wish

LoveMeOrHateMe
02-15-2013, 12:38 PM
by far the worst season of his career...his preferred destination is brooklyn...and most likely he will get his wish

How is he gonna get there? Lakers ain't trading him to Brooklyn. And just 2 days ago he said his heart was in LA

Sly Guy
02-15-2013, 12:48 PM
who's running p n' r with nash? Kobe doesn't need to. Kobe's like Joe Johnson.....he's able to generate his own, and doesn't benefit a lot from nash. So, with howard throwing fits, pau being injured [and nash too], there's fewer options for him to drop his dimes to.

Slug3
02-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Nash got old. Nothing wrong with that.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Nash could still be a top PG but Kobe handles the ball 75% of the time and leaves Nash useless. Kobe shouldn't be the one making plays when Nash is their best playmaker and passer. Signing Nash playing off ball is basically useless.

whitemamba33
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Howard has been fighting injuries all season, so it's hard to judge. No i'm not making excuses for him - I was one of the few Laker fans that didn't want him in purple and gold. But it's hard to ask why he's playing like **** without taking into account that he's fighting multiple injuries.

I don't have a problem with Nash at all. I don't think he's as much as a defensive liability as people say, and he still makes the right pass. Not to mention his shooting is still off the charts. I don't have any numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the best all around shooting percentage of any Laker pg ever. He's also great for the locker room.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Howard has been fighting injuries all season, so it's hard to judge. No i'm not making excuses for him - I was one of the few Laker fans that didn't want him in purple and gold. But it's hard to ask why he's playing like **** without taking into account that he's fighting multiple injuries.

I don't have a problem with Nash at all. I don't think he's as much as a defensive liability as people say, and he still makes the right pass. Not to mention his shooting is still off the charts. I don't have any numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the best all around shooting percentage of any Laker pg ever. He's also great for the locker room.

Yeah but you forget that Nash is useless when he doesn't have the ball. Kobe has the ball 75% of the time.. What was the point in getting a top 10 PG if you're not going to utilize him?

Rain City
02-15-2013, 01:53 PM
it would help the lakers if they didnt give up 125 pts.

heyman321
02-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Nash got old. Nothing wrong with that.

If Nash was on the Phoenix Suns right now, they'd probably be a higher seed and he'd be averaging 13/11.

HoodedSB
02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Howard keeps getting stripped every which way, especially in the pick and roll. His gangly *** keeps holding the ball too low and he doesn't quite have the strength back right now to force his way to the basket. Nash has looked fine to me, playing okay D, shooting and distributing well.

Cracka2HI!
02-15-2013, 06:45 PM
This one is pretty easy. Nash hit the wall, he may still be good on a team that used his skills. I'd try trading him to Toronto for Lowry. That would be a win/win for both teams!

ManRam
02-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Kobe has kinda rendered Nash useless. And Dwight is hurt and doesn't look the same out there.

Definitely unexpected...but I'm not sure it's gonna change any time soon.

Chuck Taylor
02-15-2013, 08:08 PM
yeah, Dantoni is definitely a huge part of the problem. Their defense is horrific!

ldawg
02-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah but you forget that Nash is useless when he doesn't have the ball. Kobe has the ball 75% of the time.. What was the point in getting a top 10 PG if you're not going to utilize him? because e is slow and cant take his man and get to the basket. Lakers should have kept Mike Brown ditch the princeton, Trade Pau and Artest, Resign sessions, get Josh Smith and play hard nose defense.

b@llhog24
02-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Nash is old and is being underutilized and Dwight is hurt.

OceanSpray
02-16-2013, 03:15 AM
because e is slow and cant take his man and get to the basket. Lakers should have kept Mike Brown ditch the princeton, Trade Pau and Artest, Resign sessions, get Josh Smith and play hard nose defense.

Nash is a passer.. Hard to pass when your SG is playing your part.

Deezy3
02-16-2013, 05:03 AM
My first initial thought when the Lakers got Nash was that he and Kobe would struggle to co-exist. People like to blame it all on Howard, but it's the entire team. Pau Gasol is a natural center. As a Grizzlies fan, I watched a LOT of his games throughout his career, and he is more effective IMO at center. Being PF worked with Bynum pretty well, but not so much with Howard. Now Gasol is out, LAs under .500 and it's already the all star break. I like what Jon Barry said tonight. They might make the playoffs, but one and done. First round exit.

Chuck Taylor
02-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Looks like they're gonna lose Howard at the end of the year

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
lol its a mix of things.. coaching, health, ball movement, chemistry, outside noise, media, kobe, etc.

DumDum
02-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Kobe has kinda rendered Nash useless. And Dwight is hurt and doesn't look the same out there.

Definitely unexpected...but I'm not sure it's gonna change any time soon.

+100

Nick O
02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
i wouldnt say nash has really be struggling... hes passing alright and check out his fg% .. its pretty damn good...