PDA

View Full Version : Should OKC being a young team be an excuse?

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Watching Shaq speak, he still treats them as a second year team. They have been playing with the same roster for like 3-4 years. Do you think it's champ or bust this year?

seikou8
02-14-2013, 10:34 PM
yes to second question

kdspurman
02-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Well they are a young team, and when is the last time a young team won it all? They probably have the best chance, but just going off the last decade or so, young teams just don't seem to get it done.

ThaDubs
02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Being young can help you athleticism-wise, it speeds up your offense, and sometimes helps with chemistry, but it's really hard to win a championship when you lack solid veterans.

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 11:04 PM
I agree with the veteran presence but they have the perfect team to win. I blame Brooks and KD. They need to get RWB to change or they'll never win.

gatkins11
02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Not an excuse this year.

ThaDubs
02-14-2013, 11:14 PM
I agree with the veteran presence but they have the perfect team to win. I blame Brooks and KD. They need to get RWB to change or they'll never win.

Yeah Westbrook is a cancer to this team quite honestly. Never looking to pass unless he sees someone wide open. He has terrible awareness offensively and bad court vision. Trade for Rondo.

Vinny642
02-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Being young is more an advantage as compared to an excuse

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Nah, I wouldn't trade RWB for Rondo at this point. Tbh, I'd take Jrue Holiday and Spencer Hawes for RWB. Perkins is slow and looks like he's going straight to KFC after the game.

LJEATON26
02-14-2013, 11:22 PM
At this point they are a young experienced team. The core has 3 straight playoff experiences so I don't think the age matters anymore.

Slug3
02-15-2013, 12:45 AM
There best advantage at being young is they have such a big window to try and get it done.

Alayla
02-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Yeah Westbrook is a cancer to this team quite honestly. Never looking to pass unless he sees someone wide open. He has terrible awareness offensively and bad court vision. Trade for Rondo.

Westbrook>Rondo
Btw Being Selfishly Unselfish is worse than being selfish and no Westbrook isn't selfish just inconsistent
Rondo is 100% selfishly unselfish farms those assist numbers all day.

Alayla
02-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Nah, I wouldn't trade RWB for Rondo at this point. Tbh, I'd take Jrue Holiday and Spencer Hawes for RWB. Perkins is slow and looks like he's going straight to KFC after the game.

You sure? becuase frankly id do that in a heartbeat and people tell me i overrate Jrue all the time.

BALLER R
02-15-2013, 01:17 AM
After watching tonights game the problem on that team is Westbrook. As long as he's point guard they won't win a championship.

DumDum
02-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Yes they growing boys who need milk and naps after lebron takes them to school

LakersIn5
02-15-2013, 03:35 AM
the only excuse they can use this season if they dont win the championship is. LEBRON JAMES EXIST.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2013, 04:06 AM
An excuse? No... a reason? Yes. Wade and LBJ had both been the finals twice before when they met Durant in the finals. Durant had never been there, nor had anybody on the roster save Perkins.

But the bottom line is that they Thunder simply didn't have the depth either. The coaching staff there is young too... as are the players, but now they have that experience. There are not excuses. If they lose, they will simply lose to a better team.

OceanSpray
02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
An excuse? No... a reason? Yes. Wade and LBJ had both been the finals twice before when they met Durant in the finals. Durant had never been there, nor had anybody on the roster save Perkins.

But the bottom line is that they Thunder simply didn't have the depth either. The coaching staff there is young too... as are the players, but now they have that experience. There are not excuses. If they lose, they will simply lose to a better team.

Man, that's full of excuses...

Spoelstra is a young coach.
Miami has no depth either.. Mike Miller is their 4th highest paid player and he rarely plays.

LeBron James just makes Miami Heat that good. No more excuses, they have Ibaka, WB, KD, and Martin. Those are very great players on one team. Wizards would be lucky to even have Martin..

Carey
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Not at all, anything less then a championship is a disappointment from now to the foreseeable future.