PDA

View Full Version : Golden State, Houston, & Dallas Interested in Eric Gordon

Monta is beast
02-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Word is Dallas, Houston and Golden State are among the teams that have inquired about him. Houston envisions playing him alongside James Harden and Jeremy Lin in its fast-paced system, with Harden at small forward.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors

Mr_Amaziing
02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Harden, Gordon, Lin

good offense but no defense

Klayten Bigsby
02-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I wonder how much a team would have to give up for him?

JNoel
02-14-2013, 08:57 PM
That would be awful if the Rockets traded for him. Has he even played 1 game yet this year?

raiderposting
02-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Why would GSW want him?

Metsboi69
02-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I wonder how much a team would have to give up for him?

Probably just cap relief and maybe a pick. The guy hasn't been healthy since he's been in New Orleans and hes getting max money.

tp13baby
02-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Why would GSW want him?

Why would Houston want him either?

raiderposting
02-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Why would Houston want him either?

If I were them i love to have harden at pg and Gordon at Sg. Give up Lin and Patterson for a better PF

abe_froman
02-14-2013, 09:15 PM
dont understand it for hou

Sevilla91
02-14-2013, 09:16 PM
This is an easy trade for dallas, anyone on the team save dirk

rocket
02-14-2013, 09:17 PM
That would be awful if the Rockets traded for him. Has he even played 1 game yet this year?

:laugh:

What?

kobe4thewinbang
02-14-2013, 09:19 PM
What could Dallas offer? Marion isn't young and Dallas doesn't really have any good young talent.

c.c.
02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Houston don't want him!!!

ManRam
02-14-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm sure plenty of other teams are interested too.

The worst thing about the trade deadline is the "so-and-so teams are interested in so-and-so".

hugepatsfan
02-14-2013, 09:29 PM
I want to trade Rondo for him in the offseason.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
02-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Harden, Gordon, Lin

good offense but no defense

They will have D when Dwight signs there as a FA

onlythisfar41
02-14-2013, 09:32 PM

Yes hes been playing for a decent amount of time now. Look the guy is obviously a stud when hes healthy but as we all know hes just not healthy that often.

If the trade was nothing more then shedding salary so that GSW/Dallas/Houston dont have to give up anything significant to land him then I say why not. If youre not giving up a ton of talent I say its a good move because if he can just get healthy he could do wonders for these teams, especially Dallas.

Sevilla91
02-14-2013, 09:33 PM
What could Dallas offer? Marion isn't young and Dallas doesn't really have any good young talent.

Mayo and marion...New Orleans wants cap relief. Mayo and really anyone else...pretty even trade in terms of numbers

kobe4thewinbang
02-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Mayo and marion...New Orleans wants cap relief. Mayo and really anyone else...pretty even trade in terms of numbersWhy trade Mayo? Dude's in beast mode.

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Hmm... Gordon with Stephen Curry? Jack already plays well aside Curry. Bad teams for Gordon. Houston can already score without Gordon and Gordon is just a scorer.

CityofChaos
02-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Hmm... Gordon with Stephen Curry? Jack already plays well aside Curry. Bad teams for Gordon. Houston can already score without Gordon and Gordon is just a scorer.

Jack and Curry hardly play with each other. The Warriors need someone like Gordon who is strong and can penetrate the lanes because they are seriously lacking in the department due to the fact that their guards are too slow,weak, afraid and unathletic to drive. Klay Thompson needs to go

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Jack and Curry hardly play with each other. The Warriors need someone like Gordon who is strong and can penetrate the lanes because they are seriously lacking in the department due to the fact that their guards are too slow,weak, afraid and unathletic to drive. Klay Thompson needs to go

I disagree. Warriors have terrible defense but great offense. They need someone who can defend and Eric Gordon doesn't.

ThaDubs
02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Why would we want him? Unless we were somehow able to trade role players or something I don't want him. I don't want to mess with our team's chemistry.

ThaDubs
02-14-2013, 10:13 PM

Sorry but you've obviously not watched any Warriors games this season (besides the last 5) because when Jack hasn't been injured like he has recently he plays a lot with Steph at SG. Also Steph and Klay have been driving to the basket more all season. A few games back I think I remember Steph had a great game where almost all he did was drive to the basket (maybe vs. the Grizzlies?). However, as much as I like Klay, I think you're correct. If anybody is going it's Klay and/or RJ. Not Curry, Lee, Landry, Barnes (I hope), JJ, or Bogut. The only way we're getting Gordon is if we mess up our team chemistry. But JJ starting at point, Steph at SG, Gordon at SF (maybe- only because of his strength), David at PF, and Bogut at center is definitely a pleasant thought.

Monta is beast
02-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Warriors do not have terrible defense. Besides the last five games they had an above average defense.

mdm692
02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Bulls are perfect fit for him.

Can someone clarify if my Suns can trade for him 1 year after the offer sheet was signed or not at all?

Vinny642
02-14-2013, 10:48 PM
We wont trade him this deadline, probably in the offseason

Sevilla91
02-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Why trade Mayo? Dude's in beast mode.

He is in beast mode this season, but no way he will stay next year nor will we be able to resign him. Gordon is just as good, if not better, than mayo and hes under contract for quite some time. I do like mayo but if we can get gordon i would not be upset

JeffG20
02-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Mayo and marion...New Orleans wants cap relief. Mayo and really anyone else...pretty even trade in terms of numbers

New Orleans is not worried about cap. they are set right now. this is more along the lines of seeing if they can aquire a guy that can stay healthy of most of the season. not a salary dump.

JeffG20
02-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Bulls are perfect fit for him.

Can someone clarify if my Suns can trade for him 1 year after the offer sheet was signed or not at all?

Suns cant trade for him for the duration of contract

KniCks4LiFe
02-15-2013, 01:32 AM
That'd be a killer offense for Houston. Especially the way they play ball.

Lin/Gordon/Harden/PF/Asik... I'm guessing it's about limiting turnovers and getting high ceiling offensive talent to keep the fast pace offense in Houston. You do this if you get Milsap or Josh Smith. So this could be a deal after the deal.

Vinny642
02-15-2013, 01:33 AM

Worst post on the thread... The Hornets are very good cap wise... like VERY good...-____- We can sign another max next off season if we wanted.

mdm692
02-15-2013, 01:37 AM
Suns cant trade for him for the duration of contract

Thx. I still think he should go to CHI.

alexander_37
02-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Why would you move Parsons from SF?

b@llhog24
02-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Let's make Harden a 6th man again.

KniCks4LiFe
02-15-2013, 01:48 AM
Why would you move Parsons from SF?

B/c Harden is better, would be hell on the SFs in the West. And Eric Gordon is hell against the SGs. It's an attack offense they are building. Eric Gordon also more efficient. You basically have 3 efficient backcourt players w/ high ceiling talent. If Parsons is dealt that means Josh Smith or some big is on their radar.

b@llhog24
02-15-2013, 02:04 AM
I'd NEVER put Lin and efficient, in the same sentence.

KniCks4LiFe
02-15-2013, 02:18 AM
I'd NEVER put Lin and efficient, in the same sentence.

you don't have to.

Harden efg% is 50, Lin is 48, Harden total shooting % is 60, Lin is 52. You don't have to put him in the same sentence. Honestly he's playing the PG position. And doing a good job, not great.

LakersIn5
02-15-2013, 02:27 AM
harden for gordon!

KniCks4LiFe
02-15-2013, 02:36 AM
harden for gordon!

they ain't trading him. It's Harden to SF Gordon to SG

b@llhog24
02-15-2013, 02:59 AM
you don't have to.

Harden efg% is 50, Lin is 48, Harden total shooting % is 60, Lin is 52. You don't have to put him in the same sentence. Honestly he's playing the PG position. And doing a good job, not great.

He's still not efficient, which is my point.

eternal slumber
02-15-2013, 04:55 AM
That'd be a killer offense for Houston. Especially the way they play ball.

Lin/Gordon/Harden/PF/Asik... I'm guessing it's about limiting turnovers and getting high ceiling offensive talent to keep the fast pace offense in Houston. You do this if you get Milsap or Josh Smith. So this could be a deal after the deal.

don't think Rox will make that trade or any major trade this deadline, Morey even had said it.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/morey-rockets-expecting-quiet-trade-deadline.html

Guppyfighter
02-15-2013, 05:33 AM

Klay Thompson can penetrate.

And Jack and Curry play with each other a lot. You are dumb.

flclfanman
02-15-2013, 06:19 AM
Stop being greedy Dallas! :mad:

You already got yourself a damn good SG in Mayo :sad2:

Sevilla91
02-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Worst post on the thread... The Hornets are very good cap wise... like VERY good...-____- We can sign another max next off season if we wanted.

Just because yall can sign another max player doesn't mean they wouldn't want to unload that contract, can new orleans even fill a stadium, they arent in a market that could support a maxed out cap anyways. So they still want that cap relief..

You, sir, do not know what you are talking about...

JeffG20
02-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Just because yall can sign another max player doesn't mean they wouldn't want to unload that contract, can new orleans even fill a stadium, they arent in a market that could support a maxed out cap anyways. So they still want that cap relief..

You, sir, do not know what you are talking about...

they certainly can fill and sell out regulatly and going to many games in 07-08 i can verify that. its all about putting a solid product on the floor. with good management now in place, top draft picks, and a very talented young core they are in position to do this in the future.

most nba cities dont sell out when your teams winning 20 games. they just need time to grow