PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta/Boston trade

mrblisterdundee
02-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Atlanta trades Josh Smith ($13 million, 1 year) to Boston for Jeff Green ($8.4 million, 4 years), Avery Bradley ($1.6 million, 2 years) and Fab Melo ($1.3 million, 4 years).
Atlanta gets back some talent at three positions for Smith, who can help start a new core with Rondo in Boston. If Melo works out, Al Horford might even be able to switch to power forward.
In Boston, Smith seems like one of the best heirs apparent to Kevin Garnett and his defensive presence. He and Rondo can help the Celtics recruit further talent once they lose some of those big contracts.
On a side note, people really need to take into consideration that there aren't too many teams that will trade for Smith, because unless they're at least a borderline late playoff contender with money to spend, they don't know that he'll re-sign.

JNoel
02-14-2013, 07:24 PM
This trade looks better.

mrblisterdundee
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
This trade looks better.
Would you be ok with Smith and Morrow for Humphries, Blatche and Brooks? I think New Jersey would like a decent shooter off the bench.

JNoel
02-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Would you be ok with Smith and Morrow for Humphries, Blatche and Brooks? I think New Jersey would like a decent shooter off the bench.

If I said no to the other trade, why would I ok this one now that you've added Morrow? Like I said, Atlanta can get a much better deal than that for Smith.

BleedingGreen9
02-15-2013, 01:39 AM
what about rondo sully and melo for smith and teague?

frenchie
02-19-2013, 06:39 AM
from what i've read, ainge is willing to get josh smith but not willing to give PP to Atlanta (same conference)
here is an idea :

Boston gets Smith and eric Maynor
got smith and a great back up PG, who can help a lot currently in their roster

Atlanta gets Kevin Martin and Hasheem thabeet
getting marti is a good fit for Atlanta back court, will be easier to resign than josh smith. Also get a C, who has gained a lot of confidence this year with okc.

OKC gets Paul Pierce.
friend of Perk, will be exactly what we need : can contain Lebron, add scoring and playmaking. more valuable on our roster than Martin.

obviously some draft pick (we have 3 first round pick !) would be send to package this.
trade is working under salary.

Boston is giving PP to the western conference so it fits for Danny ainge.

*Silver&Black*
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
^ That is not what ATL is looking for.