PDA

View Full Version : The Chicago Bulls are like the Atlanta hawks, stuck in NBA HECK

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:16 PM
I've realised something while in deep meditation. The Bulls have 0 chance at a championship with this current team with or without Derrick Rose and never had. First of all, EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in their core, besides Rose, is inconsistent, including Joakim Noah. None of Deng, Boozer or Noah can go an entire season playing great basketball. They always fluctuate from great to complete trash. They are also injury prone. We never really know what they are going to get from them. You can't win a title with players like this. Noah fluctuates less so than Deng and Boozer, and is one of the best Cs in the league when healthy, so I'll leave him out of it.

The Bulls are at the point where they are good enough to have the best record in the regular season through team defense, chemistry, and Tom Thibodeau, but they simply do not have enough talent to win in the playoffs. With the rise of the Knicks, Pacers and Nets, the Bulls are in a different situation than we were last year or the year before. Last year and the year before, the only real competition was Miami, so they were guaranteed a ECF slot, and they were really the only team we had to worry about. That is no longer true. Even if we make it past NYK, IND, or BKN, with the way the big 3 are playing, there is no way we beat MIA. NOT TO MENTION the WC team they would have to play in the Finals. Last year was their best opportunity for a title. That window has closed.

they cannot rely on a single one of their players in the playoffs besides Rose and maybe, maybe Noah, to a certain extent.

Most homers keep saying you don't need multiple stars to win in this league, and try to use the Detroit 04 team or the 11 Dallas team as examples. They are outliers. They are the EXCEPTION, not the rule. The vast majority of teams that have won titles have done it with multiple stars.

This Bulls team is a better version of the Atlanta Hawks of the past 6-7 years. Always good enough to make the playoffs, but never good enough to actually do anything. They need to put EVERY SINGLE ONE of their players besides Rose onto the trade block and see what they can get. If they can get EG for Deng, they need to do it. If they can somehow get Love for Boozer and Noah and fillers, they need to do it. Pretty much they need to give them whoever they ask for. A core of Rose/Gordon/Love is much better then Rose/Deng/Noah, and has a legit chance of winning a championship

Im not insinuatiing that i know some magical deal that can or should happen that will drastically change my opinion of this team, so to the idiots who will ask what my suggestion is, i dont necessarily have a particular one, but i will say this:

praying that mitrotic magically becomes the next dirk or anything like it in time before Rose's contract runs out, or praying that you will even see him until atleast 3 years from now is an absolute joke

look over your rose colored glasses, you need more than one star to do it, and they dont have one

kobe4thewinbang
02-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Lots of teams are good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win the title. Look at the Spurs or Celtics. I admit they have consistency problems, but a cry-baby like Love isn't necessarily the best thing.

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
people should have realized what this team was when they lost to the 76ers

there is no excuse for a #1 seed to lose to a 8th seed under any circumstance

derrick rose only played 26 games during the season, they knew how to play without him, it was a 66 game season. there is no excuse for them to lose to an 8th seed time

the bulls just dont have the talent to win when it counts

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Lots of teams are good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win the title. Look at the Spurs or Celtics. I admit they have consistency problems, but a cry-baby like Love isn't necessarily the best thing.

correct, a second option who averaged over 20 and 14 the past 2 years as a #1 option wouldnt be the best thing

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:36 PM
recent championship team's hall of fame/ A-B level all star tandems

Championship Team - Potential (or actual) Hall of Famers (* means they are not 'sure fire')
2012 - Miami Heat: Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, *Chris Bosh
2011 - Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzski, Jason Kidd
2010 - LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant, *Pau Gasol
2009 - Same
2008 - Celtics: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, *Ray Allen, *Rajon Rondo, *Sam Cassell
2007 - Spurs: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, *Horry
2006 - Heat: Wade, O'Neal, Payton, Mourning
2005 - Spurs: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, *Horry, *Bowen
2004 - Pistons: Your first big ????
2003 - Spurs: Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Robinson, *Horry
2002 - Lakers: Kobe, Shaq, *Horry
2001 - Same
2000 - Same
1999 - Spurs: Duncan, Robinson, *Elliot
1998/1997/1996 - Bulls: Jordan, Pippen, Rodman
1995/1994 - Rockets: Olajuwon, Drexler, *Horry, *Cassell
1993/1992/1991 - Bulls: Jordan, Pippen
1990/1989 - Detroit: Thomas, Dumars, Rodman

Chicago bulls: Rose/ ???/???

JiffyMix88
02-14-2013, 04:36 PM

derrick rose only played 26 games during the season, they knew how to play without him, it was a 66 game season. there is no excuse for them to lose to an 8th seed time

Welcome to PSD I'm positive you'll fit right in.
and ummmmm..... pretty sure it was more than just Rose who was hurt but okay!

quade36
02-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Bulls have key players besides Rose. I don't understand the logic of this thread. Luol, Boozer, and Noah are all good enough to be on an allstar team. Why can't you just say they aren't better than the Heat? It would be much simpler than going on a rant trying to anger a bunch of people you call 'homers'. Your memory also must be short as this is the same team that made it to the ECF so its not like they get knocked out in the first round every year.You are definitely just trying to ruffle feathers. If you wanted to talk in all honesty about the Bulls and their problems a better topic would be should the Bulls rebuild as though this team can compete it is not good enough to win.

Also agree with the previous poster, its not like Noah and Deng were 100% or in Noah's case even playing.

bbcmillionaire
lol man I said it once, i'll say it again. It should be a 1000 post requirement to create a thread. "While in deep meditation", okay ghandi of psd

hidalgo
i dunno, i could see the Bulls winning it all in the next few years

kobe4thewinbang
correct, a second option who averaged over 20 and 14 the past 2 years as a #1 option wouldnt be the best thingYeah, he can put up points but he lacks the passion of Noah and the defensive focus the Bulls require.

beasted86
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Kevin Love is the ideal #2 option candidate for Rose, but they aren't getting him in a trade.

Best to discuss small tweaks the team can make rather than blockbuster trades. The Bulls haven't made a blockbuster trade in.... as a matter of fact they have never really made that type of trade.

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, he can put up points but he lacks the passion of Noah and the defensive focus the Bulls require.

LMAO, passion? where is that on the stat sheet?

as well as defensive focus, the bulls have enough defense, are you trying to say that noah is more valuable to the bulls than love would be?

joahim noah and his 45% from the field shooting and plantar faciatis and missing games every year is more valuable than the possibility of 18-20 points and 10 boards from love?

granted love is injured now, but you get the point

im not suggesting pairing love and boozer or anything btw, im talking about something like a good defensive center + love vs noah + boozer

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
i dunno, i could see the Bulls winning it all in the next few years

lol, how?

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Why are you guys saying Rose has no help? He has a top team in the East and he hasn't played a game... If LeBron James was on that team, it'll be rings every year.

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Why are you guys saying Rose has no help? He has a top team in the East and he hasn't played a game... If LeBron James was on that team, it'll be rings every year.

james couldnt even win with varejao, shaq, jamison, west, and williams,

he needed another superstar and bosh, plus their bench

and you are suggesting he would win with the bulls team?

LOL

kingkenny01
02-14-2013, 04:57 PM
i'm not worried for chicago lots of good players come out of chicago. im sure some of them want to come back and play for their home town bulls they will get a another superstar in the next few seasons

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
i'm not worried for chicago lots of good players come out of chicago. im sure some of them want to come back and play for their home town bulls they will get a another superstar in the next few seasons

being that there are less than 7 superstars in the league, with dwight being a questionable one

and the bulls current cap structure, unless they plan on getting a 34 year old wade or convincing lebron to come to chicago and be #2 in the fans eyes to rose, i dont see this magical scenario coming out

maybe they can get an all star, like love or someone else, but i doubt they get a superstar, who knows tho,

WickedBadMan
02-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Pretty sure they are clearing a lot of money in '14 if they amnesty Boozer...

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Pretty sure they are clearing a lot of money in '14 if they amnesty Boozer...

90 year old kobe

90 year old wade

lebron, probably with another ring

andre igoudala :rolleyes:

oj mayo who wouldnt go there last year in free agency

paul george qualifying offer

rudy gay :facepalm:

carmelo anthony :rolleyes:

90 year old dirk

90 year old pau

anyone else im missing?

pd1dish
02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
lol, how?

wait until Boozer is off the books, Mirotic is the the US (hopefully), and Jimmy Butler is further developed as our future 2-guard. if you dont know about Mirotic or Butler, educate yourself. our lineup in 2015 could be very deadly:

D Rose
Jimmy Butler
Luol Deng
Nikola Mirotic
Joakim Noah

not to mention the chance, though i think extremely slim, that Lebron is in Deng's place come 2014

Bartlee23
02-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Actually the Bulls have probably the brightest future out of any team in the NBA right now with the exception of maybe Oklahoma. Chicago has one of the youngest team in the NBA with solid players at many positions, the option of getting rid of Boozer at any time and having money to go after whoever they want, Nikola Mirotic coming very shortly over from Europe who for many of you who don't know should be a solid player and the Bobcat's first round pick.

Chicago is not winning anything this year and maybe not the year after but as far as the " team of the future " Chicago is setting themselves up to be a force in the NBA for a long time to come.

Juicy PP
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
wait until Boozer is off the books, Mirotic is the the US (hopefully), and Jimmy Butler is further developed as our future 2-guard. if you dont know about Mirotic or Butler, educate yourself. our lineup in 2015 could be very deadly:

D Rose
Jimmy Butler
Luol Deng
Nikola Mirotic
Joakim Noah

not to mention the chance, though i think extremely slim, that Lebron is in Deng's place come 2014

joahim noah after a few more injuries

luol deng who has already peaked

jimmy butler who has very little offensive ability

and banking on some international player to not only start by then, but be a big piece

this team is deadly? hard to say that they team would even be better than they are currently, you are relying on alot of "ifs"

LOL

quite the imagination there

blastmasta26
02-14-2013, 05:24 PM

Championship Team - Potential (or actual) Hall of Famers (* means they are not 'sure fire')
2009 - Same
2008 - Celtics: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, *Ray Allen, *Rajon Rondo, *Sam Cassell
2001 - Same
2000 - Same

The guys that are bolded were role players at best during those years in which they won championships. You're including a bunch of superfluous names in order to artificially strengthen your point. It's true that most championship teams have multiple stars. It's also true that the Mavs were outliers in a sense, but they did win very recently. The best teams in the league (such as Miami and OKC) got better since then, so the Bulls might be a little short of championship talent. But they probably only need one piece and good health to be elite contenders.

quade36
02-14-2013, 05:31 PM
The guys that are bolded were role players at best during those years in which they won championships. You're including a bunch of superfluous names in order to artificially strengthen your point. It's true that most championship teams have multiple stars. It's also true that the Mavs were outliers in a sense, but they did win very recently. The best teams in the league (such as Miami and OKC) got better since then, so the Bulls might be a little short of championship talent. But they probably only need one piece and good health to be elite contenders.

I would start trying to be logical with the person who created this thread.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2013, 05:37 PM
what is NBA HECK?
had to be asked.

JNoel
02-14-2013, 05:38 PM

2009 - Same
2001 - Same
2000 - Same

Ray Allen not a lock for HOF? :laugh2:

hidalgo
02-14-2013, 05:46 PM
lol, how?i see them as 2004 Pistons type of team possibly. where nobody really thinks about them but then bam, they win it all because of great defense & team basketball. it's possible. Rose needs to get back 100%, & not shoot all the time like Iverson, & a few roster tweeks. will be a few years if ever, but i could see it happening

hidalgo
02-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Ray Allen not a lock for HOF? :laugh2:

no question, Ray is getting in

pd1dish
02-14-2013, 05:55 PM
joahim noah after a few more injuries

luol deng who has already peaked

jimmy butler who has very little offensive ability

and banking on some international player to not only start by then, but be a big piece

this team is deadly? hard to say that they team would even be better than they are currently, you are relying on alot of "ifs"

LOL

quite the imagination there

like i said, EDUCATE yourself. you are clueless and most likely do nothing but look at stat sheets to form opinions about players. i guarantee you never watch many teams play. Deng is one of the best 2-way players in all of basketball along with the other obvious ones such as Lebron and Igoudala. i dont expect you to agree with me on this point because, after all, Deng is probably the most underrated player in the entire NBA.

earlier this season, Chris Sheridan reported that Mirotic is the #1 asset in the international game right now and the Bulls would be stupid to trade that pick for ANYONE they could realistically get back (Gasol was the trade rumor at the time). not only can this guy make a shot from ANYWHERE on the floor at 6'10", but what Thibs loves about him most is his defensive ability and effort he puts forth much like the rest of the players on the Bulls. he is going to fit right in.

as far as Butler is concerned, you literally have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. the guy is in his second year and has become one of the best defenders on the team. you said he has "very little offensive ability", really? while Deng was out for a 5-game stretch this year, Butler averaged 14 points and almost 9 rebounds per game. no, thats not a lot of ppg, but he showed a lot of what he can bring to the team during that time. he was developing right before our eyes during those games. he has become pretty much automatic from mid-range, is a great cutter and driver to the basket, can run the break, and has shown he has a three-point shot that just needs to gain some consistency. give him another year or two of development, and i guarantee he is in the top 5 SG's of the NBA.

yes, Noah has had injury issues, but they arent serious injuries. they are just nagging ones that you can play through. his career hasnt ever been threatened, nor has his play really suffered from injuries, so i dont see where you are going with this one.

and like i said, Boozer will most likely be off the books in 2014 when a lot of free agents will become available. we dont even know who else could possibly be teamed up with these players.

justinnum1
02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Who was that a dupe of? lol

kobe4thewinbang
02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
LMAO, passion? where is that on the stat sheet?

as well as defensive focus, the bulls have enough defense, are you trying to say that noah is more valuable to the bulls than love would be?

joahim noah and his 45% from the field shooting and plantar faciatis and missing games every year is more valuable than the possibility of 18-20 points and 10 boards from love?

granted love is injured now, but you get the point

im not suggesting pairing love and boozer or anything btw, im talking about something like a good defensive center + love vs noah + boozer Passion & defense > Scoring

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2013, 06:56 PM
I dont see how people can say this??? We have been to the playoffs with Thibs and a healthy rose once! Now we have better chemistry since then and better scorers at the 2 guard since then... People can hate!

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM

You dont think momentum had something to do with it? lol

ManRam
02-14-2013, 07:00 PM
With a 100% (or as this era's foremost scholar Derrick Rose himself says: 110%) Derrick Rose, they can hang with anyone in the East, even the East.

So I don't buy this. THey COULD be soon due to bad contracts...but we'll see.

fin_frenzy_84
02-14-2013, 07:02 PM

2009 - Same
2001 - Same
2000 - Same

If you throw Kidd, Cassell, and Gasol in there as top scorers next to the stars then Rose/Deng/Boozer/Noah

TopsyTurvy
02-14-2013, 10:05 PM
I agree with the OP's sentiments that the Bulls are in basketball purgatory, but his reasoning and proposed solution are absolute garbage.

- The Bulls front court has been one of the most consistent units in the league (with arguably all three starters [Deng, Boozer, and Noah] meriting All-Star consideration); it's been the inconsistent back court and ineffective offensive play that has left the Bulls lacking. Noah, though currently hurt, has put in a remarkable season with an MPG stat approaching the last historical high of Tim Duncan's 40.6 and production to boot.

- The Bulls have one of the best intraconference records and the East's best road record this season without Rose playing a single minute.

- The Bulls were a handful of possessions away from facing Dallas in the Finals two years ago, as admitted by both Lebron James, Erik Spoelstra, and agreed upon by just about every analyst in the game.

- The Bulls still struggle to match up against Miami (though I like the current Bulls roster more than the '11 team), yet a team with depth such as Indiana may give the Bulls even more problems. The Bulls match up favorably against New York, Brooklyn, Atlanta and Milwaukee though Boston's defense might prove difficult to break.

- 'Blowing up the team' is impossible. It requires several other willing parties and there's no reason to move players going into their prime such as Deng and Noah. There's a lot of smoke surrounding numerous Boozer trades, but no suitor has yet been found. Moving Boozer addresses two immediate concerns, the repeat offender luxury tax penalty and it frees up some cap to acquire more pieces to plant around Rose.

- The Bulls team hasn't required a second star to be successful thus far and while I'm sure it would optimal, it's not worth sacrificing some of the young talent they have acquired to do so.

BullsFTW
02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Kevin Love is the ideal #2 option candidate for Rose, but they aren't getting him in a trade.

Best to discuss small tweaks the team can make rather than blockbuster trades. The Bulls haven't made a blockbuster trade in.... as a matter of fact they have never really made that type of trade.

He is definitely the ideal #2 option to Rose and a perfect front-court mate next to Noah. A core of Rose/Love/Noah has the ability to keep up and potentially dethrone Miami. Deng, Mirotic, and Multiple Draft Picks would have to be included in any potential deal with Love. Boozer can also be flipped for other assets to sweeten any deal.

Miami is a very dangerous team in the playoffs because they increase their level of play in the post-season. Bulls will have to get a reliable star player next to Rose in order to truly defeat the Heat. Competing with Miami, off-course the Bulls is capable. Advancing to the Finals, it's possible but difficult.

oak2455
02-14-2013, 10:44 PM
why is thread still open when Juicy PP or whatever that guys/girls name was:confused:

Chi~TwnHawksFan
02-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Cool Story Bro......... :cricket:

Badluck33
02-14-2013, 11:03 PM
james couldnt even win with varejao, shaq, jamison, west, and williams,

he needed another superstar and bosh, plus their bench

and you are suggesting he would win with the bulls team?

LOL

If you add LBJ on this current bulls team with no subtractions, then YES, that Bulls team would be the best team in the entire LEAGUE.

ThaDubs
02-14-2013, 11:08 PM
You came on PSD to make a Bulls hate thread? Bulls are already good without D Rose. Their defense is ridiculously good which comes in handy in the playoffs. Now put Derrick back in there and I don't see why this team wouldn't be able to win it.