PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats more determined to trade Ben Gordon after incident with coach

Gators123
02-14-2013, 02:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sources--bobcats-more-determined-to-trade-ben-gordon-after-incident-with-coach-165657267.html

After a bout of disruptive behavior from Ben Gordon targeted at Charlotte Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap, the franchise's desire to trade the guard has deepened, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ben Gordon is averaging 12.6 points this season. (AP)As Dunlap led the Bobcats in a morning shootaround on Monday before a victory over the Celtics, Gordon refused Dunlap's request to stop bouncing a ball as the coach spoke, sources said. Before long, Gordon began baiting Dunlap, telling him that he needed to "humble himself," sources said.

Gordan refused to give the ball to Dunlap, and eventually tossed it toward a ball rack, sources said.

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins was in the practice session and ultimately intervened, sources said.

"Beyond disrespectful," was how one league source described the scene.

The front office didn't suspend Gordon, a decision sources said was based in part on the belief the incident would diminish his trade value so close to the league's deadline next Thursday. The Brooklyn Nets are still mulling an offer to trade forward Kris Humphries for Gordon, but have thus far been unmoved over the possibility Gordon can make an impact for them, sources said.

SteBO
02-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Ben Gordon was such a quality player for the Bulls years ago, then he got paid by Detroit and he hasn't been the same since in terms of impact on a team. He would excel on a contending team in need of scoring punch, but I don't Brooklyn is the right team. For one, the Nets have a lot of guards on their roster to begin with and swapping Humphries for Gordon doesn't make much sense to me on Brooklyn's end. It wouldn't change anything....unless it's for shedding salary, in which I'd case I'd have to look up how much Gordon makes.

29$JerZ
02-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Ben Gordon was such a quality player for the Bulls years ago, then he got paid by Detroit and he hasn't been the same since in terms of impact on a team. He would excel on a contending team in need of scoring punch, but I don't Brooklyn is the right team. For one, the Nets have a lot of guards on their roster to begin with and swapping Humphries for Gordon doesn't make much sense to me on Brooklyn's end. It wouldn't change anything....unless it's for shedding salary, in which I'd case I'd have to look up how much Gordon makes.

Ben Gordon
$12,400,000
$13,200,000 (Player Option)

Kris Humphries
$12,000,000
$12,000,000

SteBO
02-14-2013, 02:25 PM
^Yeah, I had a pretty good idea on Humphries, but I was unsure about Gordon and based on that information I’d say that it’s pretty pointless on Brooklyn’s’ end. Sucks for Charlotte, because we all that there’s no way in hell Gordon is declining his option :laugh2:

CaptainClutch
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
^Yeah, I had a pretty good idea on Humphries, but I was unsure about Gordon and based on that information I’d say that it’s pretty pointless on Brooklyn’s’ end. Sucks for Charlotte, because we all that there’s no way in hell Gordon is declining his option :laugh2:

The Nets need to be able to spread the floor and have some perimeter shooters. This would be their version of 'JR Smith' or "Jamal Crawford" but obviously not comparable to them right now in terms of impact. They're looking to get him back to old form and have him be an impact sixth man

Django
02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
You can take the the brotha out the hood but can't take the hood out the brotha

Sactown
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM

If they suspend him without pay for most of this season he might :laugh2:

uprightciti
02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
send him to the wizards with okafor then see what happens!

JiffyMix88
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
send him to the wizards with okafor then see what happens!

Y? Did Okafor knock out a guy who disrespected their coach before?

SDBearsFan
02-14-2013, 02:49 PM
How his career would have been different had he originally accepted 5/50 from the Bulls before they rescinded the offer...

topdog
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Seems like a ploy to force Charlotte's hand to me. The timing of the whole thing and the outright defiance makes me think that he's been hearing the rumors about Brooklyn and he wants to go to a winning team so he makes it harder for Charlotte to keep him.

texanmonstra011
02-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Godon was overrated even in his good days with the Bulls. He's a really skilled scorer, but he's so damn inconsistent. That's why I was baffled when Detroit paid him all that money. Some nights he would put up 30, other nights he would put up 5. His point totals for consecutive games when he was with Chicago would be like 3, 12, 2, 40, 8, 35, 5, 29, 3, 30, and so on. I don't understand how or why he was so inconsistent because he's a really good scorer

JasonJohnHorn
02-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Gordon is a great guy to have coming off the bench. He's played well everywhere he's went, it's just that the last two stops were with lottery teams.

I'd be curious to her Gordan's side of things. I mean, the Bobcats are 12-40... that's pretty awful. I can imagine that having losses pile up like that can be stressful for everybody involved and situations like this are likely more common than one might expect.

Pacerlive
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Did he yell D-E-T-R-I-O-T BASKETBALL?

SluggeR
02-14-2013, 03:24 PM
I've always been a Gordon fan, they man can ball. I hated he ever went to Detroit and got caught up in that debacle. I still say the bulls should have paid Ben instead of Deng. Deng is soooo overrated. I've wanted him to be a Knick for a while, but we already have J.R..

knicksballers
02-14-2013, 03:27 PM
I'll do Amare for diop and ben gordon :clap:

True Sports Fan
02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I'll do Amare for diop and ben gordon :clap:

Bobcats jump on that in a second, then wait for Amar'e to request a trade.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Godon was overrated even in his good days with the Bulls. He's a really skilled scorer, but he's so damn inconsistent. That's why I was baffled when Detroit paid him all that money. Some nights he would put up 30, other nights he would put up 5. His point totals for consecutive games when he was with Chicago would be like 3, 12, 2, 40, 8, 35, 5, 29, 3, 30, and so on. I don't understand how or why he was so inconsistent because he's a really good scorer

yup, he's on the same level as jamal crawford and jr smith.
high volume shooters and talented scorers but could never build a team around them.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Gordon really has not been that great of a player since he was coming off the bench in Chicago. He still has the ability to hit his jumper and drive some. But, he's lost a lot of his first step speed. I would rather have Humphries.

OceanSpray
02-14-2013, 06:26 PM
The Bobcats as a whole are all unprofessional... None of them play like they give a damn.